PDA

View Full Version : PvP Question

TheDuckMan
13-11-03, 16:23
How would using a gatlin rifle work (the high tl one) in pvp. My pain easer is gettin old and I wanna try new things. Anyone ever try the gatlin rifle yet anyways? I have 93 dex and 200 RC (had to gimp myself and can only use PA3 but managed to get more RC through that then with the PA4 for some reason.) Please post with your thoughts.... :confused:

Nexxy
13-11-03, 16:24
it would suck...

Rizzy
13-11-03, 16:35
What nexx said :p

ezza
13-11-03, 16:39
if your pain easer is getting old just go high tech and use ROG

Vampire222
13-11-03, 16:41
yea, rog is the pwn, or go tech pistol and use rolh... and be massively overpowered

robdekoning
13-11-03, 21:20
Go hitech or melee

Oath
13-11-03, 21:22
Originally posted by robdekoning
Go hitech or melee

Or both............

TheDuckMan
13-11-03, 22:54
I am thinkin of goin pistol.... how much PC would i need to cap the rofh or any pistol for that matter.

P.S. I used to use the RoG but i had to gimp my RC and the RoG didnt do as much damage as i wanted it to.

mdares
13-11-03, 22:57
if u just wanna have fun a gat rifle is nice if u get a 4-5 slot with silencer, laser, flashlight, ammo mod :D

its pretty damn useless in pvp tho so i'd not recommend it... spitfire gat pistol is nice however.

JackScratch
13-11-03, 23:06
Never attack a monk with an energy based weapon. Always use force pierce. Keep that PE handy.

Dribble Joy
13-11-03, 23:08
Originally posted by TheDuckMan
I am thinkin of goin pistol.... how much PC would i need to cap the rofh or any pistol for that matter.

P.S. I used to use the RoG but i had to gimp my RC and the RoG didnt do as much damage as i wanted it to.

Viability of the RoLH just plummeted.

I'd stick with the tried and tested libby/BS with PA3 and good resists.
A good libby will need about 100 WEP and 175 PC to cap fully.
Judge is.... bleh ok I suppose, but with the future changes, won't be as good as before.

Bah, what do I know.

zAo
14-11-03, 01:41
i would have to say it would suck alot more than pain easer

and when you attacked my SPY with a pain easer you couldnt even kill me...... trying to use a gatlin rifle for pvp? i would stick to the good guns till you can kill n00b spys.

TheDuckMan
14-11-03, 02:32
Originally posted by zAo
i would have to say it would suck alot more than pain easer

and when you attacked my SPY with a pain easer you couldnt even kill me...... trying to use a gatlin rifle for pvp? i would stick to the good guns till you can kill n00b spys.

3 things:

1.) i dont know you and your tryin to talk shit O_o

2.) hard to kill spies when they stealth all the time

3.) and get the hell out of here... i was asking a question because i didnt know something. Is it so bad to ask for input? Just cause i cant kill something doesnt meen i'm not a fucking human being asshole.

juvestar15
14-11-03, 07:48
Originally posted by JackScratch
Never attack a monk with an energy based weapon. Always use force pierce. Keep that PE handy.

This was the case when hybrids were around. Now you get an APU or PPU. PPU you wont kill with any. APU you can kill with both.

It might be style of play but my ROG kills APUs quicker than the PE. If you were to come up against a PPU though and you wanted to give him a go, then definetly use a PE.

JackScratch
15-11-03, 05:05
No, you can kill a PPU, you just have to have good tactics. Useing a PE in PvP are your best odds if you are a spy. Get the stats capped and you will tear him up. Now you will have to press to do it, and to be honest, your odds are better with a pal along, its very hard to solo a PPU and that is as it shoud be. As for your ROG against an APU, that's up to you, but Ill tell you this, if his resists arent stupid, itll take you longer to kill him than itll take him to kill you. With the PE, you will have a pretty good chance, and might I recomend the uranium mod, not great but once again, the best chance you have.

Shadow Dancer
15-11-03, 05:07
You mean APU versus Spy?

The spy should just snipe IMO. If both are skilled then the apu WILL win.

And I'm gonna have to agree with jack(omg), ROG on a spy vs an apu? Woot, to me I see an easy kill.

juvestar15
15-11-03, 06:05
No, you can kill a PPU, you just have to have good tactics. Useing a PE in PvP are your best odds if you are a spy. Get the stats capped and you will tear him up. Now you will have to press to do it, and to be honest, your odds are better with a pal along, its very hard to solo a PPU and that is as it shoud be. As for your ROG against an APU, that's up to you, but Ill tell you this, if his resists arent stupid, itll take you longer to kill him than itll take him to kill you. With the PE, you will have a pretty good chance, and might I recomend the uranium mod, not great but once again, the best chance you have.

Sure if you have the same aim with PE and RoG. But the reason i prefer a RoG is because i can aim 100 times better with it.

I'm talking about ganking not 1 on 1. Stealth in behind APU and kill him. 1 on 1 id probably still use RoG though. Way better gun :)

NexusPlexus
15-11-03, 11:05
pain easer is a better idea yup

the gat-rifle would chew up yer stamina faster than a carpet muncher mid-frenzy...

spy's don't have con to spare i'm afraid

robdekoning
15-11-03, 20:34
Originally posted by TheDuckMan

3.) and get the hell out of here... i was asking a question because i didnt know something. Is it so bad to ask for input? Just cause i cant kill something doesnt meen i'm not a fucking human being asshole. [/B]

j00 r ai DUCK o_O

JackScratch
21-11-03, 19:05
OK, first of all I was talking about PPUs, you will do better with force/Pierce against any monk, but spacificly against the PPU. BTW, I amend what I said, forget uranium, it's all explosive baby, forgot about that one. You mod a PE with explosive ammo and cap the stats and you are on your way to murdering monks, now once again, I would recomend takeing a friend up against a comprably stated monk (ranks are worthless). As for APU, he sees you first, you are dead, you see him first he is dead, what's the damn problem? But you arent even going to tickle a PPU with that ROG, and bad news, itll take a while, but he will kill you.

SorkZmok
21-11-03, 21:10
But you arent even going to tickle a PPU with that ROG, and bad news, itll take a while, but he will kill you.
1. NO gun tickles a good PPU. Not even a fully capped explosive Pain Easer.
2. I didn`t actually try it but i am damn sure that NO ppu will ever kill my spy. Its all about a decent setup.

And if the PPU doesnt fuck off, i use my tl 3 heal. o_O Especially in Opwars on that one last PPU racing around like mad trying to rezz his mates although theyve got absolutely no chance to turn the fight anymore.

greendonkeyuk
21-11-03, 21:20
Originally posted by SorkZmok
1. NO gun tickles a good PPU. Not even a fully capped explosive Pain Easer.
2. I didn`t actually try it but i am damn sure that NO ppu will ever kill my spy. Its all about a decent setup.

SPY POWAH!!!!

I prefer the hit n run tactics of the RoG for my spy personally. Stealth 2 to select the target, stealth 1 for the short "hop" to engage, Rog comes out, BLAM! Stealth 2 again for the ride home.

However in the days of monkocron i use pain easer before RoG against apus. Ppus i jus dont even bother with. Well certain ppus i dont bother with. Jus a waste of ammo.

Technocrat
23-11-03, 09:42
Speaking as a spy who caps both his all artifact Pain Easer and his all artifact Disruptor, I can say carry both.

Damage, rate of fire, and range on the Disruptor makes it the choice for taking down any tank or private eye setup, but when it comes to monks the explosive Pain Easer is the only way to go. I can take down any APU with less than a clip out of my Pain Easer.

As for PPUs killing spies, it can be done fairly easily to the best of spies, but hopefully the upcoming monk balancing in the next patch will fix that.