PDA

View Full Version : psi mod tradeoff question

greploco
13-11-03, 05:53
2 open slots left.

should I bring range and damage up to 120 or should I bring range, damage, and frequence up to 113-115?

I'm splitting hairs, I know - but it's a killer wepon. I've already ultimated it.

not very experienced with psi monks, so I thought to ask here.

Heavyporker
13-11-03, 05:55
you almost only ahve to consider damage and frequency

almost never... bother with range.

do not even consider dealing with handling.

Shadow Dancer
13-11-03, 05:56
Originally posted by greploco
2 open slots left.

should I bring range and damage up to 120 or should I bring range, damage, and frequence up to 113-115?

I'm splitting hairs, I know - but it's a killer wepon. I've already ultimated it.

not very experienced with psi monks, so I thought to ask here.

What weapon?

I suggest frequency and damage. Those are the most important. Range isn't that important since you're not always gonna be attacking from the max range.

QuantumDelta
13-11-03, 05:57
The same rule applies to PSI mods as does every single weapon...

Do you cap the damage?
How is your performance in the other stats?

What is the most important stat to THAT Modual?

If you cap the damage bring the range up, if your range is close to cap but so is your damage, bring the damage up.

I'd personally say damage if I don't get to look at the spell on your character first, but if I were to know your damage/rof/range on the spell and subsequently the spell itself, I could probably help you more constructively :p

greploco
13-11-03, 06:07
chaos queen flame avalanch, no it's no rare, but it's still a good one

why not deal with range? range rocks, keeps me far away from the warbots.

QuantumDelta
13-11-03, 06:11
QFA ...hmm hard call...

If when you're capped you can cap the damage on QFA without the mod you wont need to damage mod it ...so range would be better THEN but if you don't damage cap it - or aren't close to the damage cap, I would generally go with damage.

Range?
Your range improves yes, but it doesn't improve significantly enough when compared to the other stats imo..

Shadow Dancer
13-11-03, 06:13
Originally posted by greploco
chaos queen flame avalanch, no it's no rare, but it's still a good one

why not deal with range? range rocks, keeps me far away from the warbots.

That spell is pretty weak, I can't believe you like it. :p

Range for PvM doesn't mean much in terms of PSI spells. All you need is like 180 and that's pretty ok. Firebeam has the highest range, 330m and even then you will still be hit from mobs. So range is pointless in that sense. A spell with no LOS is better since you can hide behind terrain and hit mobs.

Btw if the spell is chaos queen, that means freq/damage is the most important, like I said. Since the quality of the spell isn't like rares, above 100% or so. Even if you could cap the damage on CQFA without damage mods, chances are you would be using HL at that point.

greploco
13-11-03, 06:14
I could do damage and frequency to 120...

Heavyporker
13-11-03, 06:21
shadow...

QFA does more damage than fire beam, even though same TL.

Its because its 'special' :D

I mean, even before the drop quality was upped, my QFA was doing NEARLY the same damage as a fire beam, and you remember how bad the QFA stats were then. Now.. the QFAs fucking own.

And besides, it has the COOLEST smoke swirlies as the fireball flies to target! :D

And QFA is tactically interesting. Since it flies "slow" I can shoot at target then run to cover. By time the fireball hits, I am that much closer to cover.

And the fireballs has a good homing ability, so you can still hit fast moving players at range.

It owns. Period. Now shut up before I go all queeny three hot burning balls on you.