PDA

View Full Version : FoM here beginning Feb

NeoChick
13-11-03, 01:04
I just learnt that FoM will be released around 3rd February next year, that is only 2.5 months away.
Of all the games coming out early next year, I think this will be the one that will be the real competition for NC because it looks incredibly similar to NC.
Anybody on beta? What is your experience?

g0rt
13-11-03, 01:06
no pvp hardly

its all about roleplaying

borrrrrinngggg

Mr_Snow
13-11-03, 01:08
Didnt think beta had started yet but it is a cyberpunk based game so should have a NC feel to the game at the start atleast and unfortunatly looks like its gonna have the english/german rivalry there too.

Spoon
13-11-03, 01:14
Closed beta hasn't started yet, I heard closed beta may start in December, then they will need an open beta for stress testing....

I wouldn't expect FoMk in Feb......

@g0rt
FoM may have more PvP, it's too early to say right now...
Nobody, but the Dev's have actually played the game.
It may even have decent PvP, since there won't be any leveling.
Leaving people time to do PvP or missions(which will involve PvP, I believe)....

element[]
13-11-03, 01:25
Beta starts in december and release is planed for march or may sometime around there i believe.

MayhemMike
13-11-03, 01:40
sex ele, i will be playing this game

]v[ortice
13-11-03, 01:57
i applied for beta :)

Shujin
13-11-03, 01:59
if it has pvp itll b kewl if not, pssha, ffxi was kewl for about 3 days ;/ wish i didnt spend 50$ on it

wolfwood
13-11-03, 02:00
ive already sigend up for teh beta and am patiently waiting for them to send me my cop y =)

Apoc
13-11-03, 02:09
Just to mention, there will be a mission type called assasination and a mission type called bodyguard, add here that there will no NPCs and then say it again with no PvP.

Btw. AvP2 Engine (yeah the Shooter)

Vid Gamer
13-11-03, 02:10
Is it FPS real time?

Martin J. Schwiezer
13-11-03, 02:13
Is there someone around playing in their closed beta? :D :p

Vid Gamer
13-11-03, 02:14
Nervous, Martin?

;)

Shujin
13-11-03, 02:15
idea!!! martin get CDV to publish them ;D!!! u wont have to worry about them at all then ;]

Martin J. Schwiezer
13-11-03, 02:16
Originally posted by Vid Gamer
Nervous, Martin?

;) YESSSS! VERY! ;)

So... is there someone around playing in their closed beta? *cough*

Keiron
13-11-03, 02:19
Originally posted by Martin J. Schwiezer
YESSSS! VERY! ;)

So... is there someone around playing in their closed beta? *cough*
ROFFLES! I'm sure somone here would trade their FoM beta for a DOY Beta. If I was beta'in FoM I sure as hell would.

Shujin
13-11-03, 02:20
YESSSS! VERY! ;)

So... is there someone around playing in their closed beta? *cough* well my best friend played it, i didnt though, and i didnt really like the gfx, the gfx were alot like neocron in terms of the cities, but the character models were abit weird looking.

the cities were really really more complex looking, alot more kewl flashy gfx in places instead of small posters or signs on the walls >.<

i never seen him pvp or anything so i duno how they pvp or if they even do. all i really seen was him runnin around in 3rd person view

cant remember much other than i didnt like it much and i think he stopped testing it like 2 weeks after he got it, duno why, this was like 4 months ago.

Radamez
13-11-03, 02:21
Originally posted by Keiron
ROFFLES! I'm sure somone here would trade their FoM beta for a DOY Beta. If I was beta'in FoM I sure as hell would.

whipe your nose.....

:p

Shujin
13-11-03, 02:24
btw i just remembered 1 thing about fom i thought was funny, the rain looked like it was straight out of neocron >.< i was like O_o.... looks like neocrons rain... exactly like neocrons rain

btw no im not a traitor ;D i didnt play it, and i still dont really want to, i'd wanna test it out just to review it but i wub neocron forever ;[

Radamez
13-11-03, 02:26
Originally posted by Shujin
btw i just remembered 1 thing about fom i thought was funny, the rain looked like it was straight out of neocron >.< i was like O_o.... looks like neocrons rain... exactly like neocrons rain

btw no im not a traitor ;D i didnt play it, and i still dont really want to, i'd wanna test it out just to review it but i wub neocron forever ;[

how different can they make rain look? o_O

Shujin
13-11-03, 02:27
Originally posted by Radamez
how different can they make rain look? o_O i duno but it looked just like it o.0 neocron has long strands of rain kinda, and it was exactly the same, they could make it like small drops like real rain is o.0

Jest
13-11-03, 02:28
YESSSS! VERY! ;)

So... is there someone around playing in their closed beta? *cough* Don't worry Martin if I get accepted to beta I'll pass along all the secrets. :eek: Actually I bet if you personally applied for beta testing you could get in, hehe.

Marzola
13-11-03, 02:28

OMG OMG OMG H4X!!!!!

I hope that FoM doesn't take too many people away from neocron. From what i've heard it's most likely going to have a very different atmosphere. People will come back to NC. They always do.

Shujin
13-11-03, 02:31
Originally posted by Marzola
OMG OMG OMG H4X!!!!!

I hope that FoM doesn't take too many people away from neocron. From what i've heard it's most likely going to have a very different atmosphere. People will come back to NC. They always do. yea nc has the best atmosphere ;o i didnt see anyone in fom talkin when i was watchin meh friend,

and in ffxi NO ONE talks >;o that really makes me mad, so im not gonna pay for it when free trial is over.

and planetside was a bit annoying bcuz no one really talked other than askin for a team.

nc has best atmosphere in terms of everyone talking to everyone ;p

Radamez
13-11-03, 02:32
i duno but it looked just like it o.0 neocron has long strands of rain kinda, and it was exactly the same, they could make it like small drops like real rain is o.0

maybe it's cuz a heavy downpoor provides a more gloomy feel.. and the whole futuristic thing where the earths atmosphere is more fucked than it is now, hence bad weather :p

EDIT: oh and.. ppl do talk in FFXI.. maybe they just don't like u.. :p j/k nah if i start a conversation with somebody 9/10 they're just as responsive as anybody in NC .. i think it's just most people are noobs atm and aren't entirely settled in.. anyway, don't wanna get OT ;)

Martin J. Schwiezer
13-11-03, 02:35
Originally posted by Jest
Don't worry Martin if I get accepted to beta I'll pass along all the secrets. :eek: Actually I bet if you personally applied for beta testing you could get in, hehe. Well Jest... I am neither worried nor (as I said before) nervous. The only thing I wanted to know was whether there's someone around, playing their closed beta. So... no more conclusions please. :rolleyes: :D

Apoc
13-11-03, 02:35
Closed Beta will start in December.
Martin you should now how MMORPG Companies handle their set timeframes :p

What I saw till now looked good.

But dont hesitate Martin, some will leave, some wont, I guess will be like with SWG, cos many wont like the Idea to play without leveling.

But 2 points will make FoM > NC for me

1. It is from a company of Frankfurt and not Hannover (hey I have to support stuff from my hometown)
2. They have a story

It is still a concept that has to prove itself, but in choice of engine and netcode I think they had a luckier hand then you had, but hey they started with the idea of making a MMORPG, you didn't.

I think they also learned from mistakes you did, they will open only 1 Server, all Factions or Organisations have a clear purpose, hey come on, who needs DRE really?
And the people will be more involved in their factions, right now I test Fungwan and I have to say that having a few predefined clans is not the worst. I was surprised how good teamwork and organisation worked in that game.

YOu should take a look at FWO Clansystem too, to create something similar in Neocron could be a nice idea, making the faction 1 large Clan and the Clans just subparts, but f.e. OPs would be owned by a Faction not by a clan anymore.

But I am loosing topic.

From my kind of view FoM will offer a greater chance to rp.
Then no leveling, that is a pro and a con for a MMORPG, we will see how that works as soon Game is running.

FoM has a better Engine and a better Netcode, sorry Martin, but that is not that hard. I would luv to see a NC2 with a new engine and a new netcode, oh and without Monks :p

NC is Endtime, FoM will be Sci Fi.
Both are compared a lot, cos they are FPS, but both are just as different as an Apple and an Orange.

A better comparison will be possible end of december.

Lets make a resumee thgen and not now.

JeRkyMorOn
13-11-03, 02:41
um wtf is FoM

Shujin
13-11-03, 02:45
Originally posted by JeRkyMorOn
um wtf is FoM *puts hands over eyes* it is nothing just look away

Originally posted by Apoc
Closed Beta will start in December.

wtf then wtf was my friend playin, it was face of mankind.. alpha?

Martin J. Schwiezer
13-11-03, 02:46
Well, Apoc... I could say a lot about your statement, but I am not going to comment on your post, because it'd simply be very unprofessional to comment on that as the CEO of their biggest competitor.
I am sure that a lot of things about that game will be said on this board by other people though...

Shujin
13-11-03, 02:47
( took out what i said due to spamness of it )

JeRkyMorOn
13-11-03, 02:47
um what is FoM.. gimme a name so i cna look it up to see what its about...

JeRkyMorOn
13-11-03, 02:48
Face of mankind.... ok got it ty.. im an idiot peace

FirestarXL
13-11-03, 02:56
Well, Apoc... I could say a lot about your statement, but I am not going to comment on your post, because it'd simply be very unprofessional to comment on that as the CEO of their biggest competitor.

Probably a wise decision Martin!

Although I would say, even though they are competing for mind share in the same audience, it's not a replacement for the cron I feel. It's going to do a lot of things differently and go off on a whole new path of its own. It's a different concept that just happens to share some of the same ground, they have no wish to be "an unoffical Neocron 2" as much as anyone.

Apoc
13-11-03, 03:01
Your statement is absolutely correct Martin, and believe me dozens Diskussions like this have been on FoM Board and you and duplex behave the same and correct way.

Oh and closed Beta has not started, I would know I am a GM and Mod there :p

I still love Neocron and have to admit that all who worked on NC made a great job for the available ressources and I am sorry that I could not help more then I did, for what reasons is unimportant.

I dont see FoM and NC as competitors, cos in the end the people will just choose the system they fit more in.

As a german I am just proud that we are the No 1 in making FPS-MMORPGs (hey at least 1 thing we are the best, except brewing beer :p).

It will be more a chance for all to learn and to improve their own work.

Oh and FoM means Face of Mankind (for those who wanted to look for it).

Oh one more thing, you have my greatest respect how you handle discussions bout, what you called competitors.
Oh and btw Martin, I hope you will be on the meeting on 20th of December in Hannover, if you want we can have there a personal talk, I still have some ideas for NC left :) .

Shujin
13-11-03, 03:29

Oh and closed Beta has not started, I would know I am a GM and Mod there :p ;.; then what was meh bud playing ;.; was it alpha?

Elric
13-11-03, 04:12
;.; then what was meh bud playing ;.; was it alpha?

Yer bud is either on the dev team or talking out a hole in his ass.

I've been following FoM quite rigorously the past few months and I am really looking forward to what it has to offer. The way the factions work, the no skill sets and mostly the way law and order are going to be dealt with. NC will always have a special place for me tho, Your first MMO is not easily forgotten.

Theres no need to be nervous anyways Martin, [duplex] has already said that they do not intend to be a direct competition to NC or wish to compare it in any way as it would both be unfair speculation (on their part due to not having an extensive experience of NC) and the fact that the games arent really all that similar at all (apart from being in a first person perspective).

Well, thats my take on what he said.

Anyways, theres no hard feelings amongst the DPS dev's towards NC and I assume none reciprocating from Reakktor so its of no matter.

NC will always have my respect, no matter where they take the game. They did a damn fine job especially considering the many limitations they are under and the expectations of the community (and some dev's too Im sure) that were just not reachable.

As for gettin into Beta and revealing secrets... NDA's are there for a reason :p

QuantumDelta
13-11-03, 04:23
Considering what's been said though, dispite the differences I think it might be interesting/productive for both CEOs to have a chat...

It would be very interesting for me...anyway :p

FoM is something I'm keeping my eye on, Betas and Games are different things so NC is remaining my primary game for as long as I can stay here...

NC is far from in trouble, even if it isn't at it's all time strongest.

Elric
13-11-03, 04:25
Originally posted by QuantumDelta
Considering what's been said though, dispite the differences I think it might be interesting/productive for both CEOs to have a chat...

It would be very interesting for me...anyway :p

yer not the only one... I expect they'd get on very well, they both come across very well on the forums and with similar attitudes towards their products and stuff.

Shadow Dancer
13-11-03, 04:32
Originally posted by Jest
Don't worry Martin if I get accepted to beta I'll pass along all the secrets. :eek: Actually I bet if you personally applied for beta testing you could get in, hehe.

lol

FOMK Dev-"What the hell? I know this name, that's Martin J the CEO of NEOCRON. DON'T LET HIM INTO BETA!!!!!!!!!! NOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!"

Martin J. Schwiezer
13-11-03, 04:36
Well, unfortunately on the FoM board many threads that state positive things about NC get locked or even deleted. You won't see that happening here with a thread talking about FoM... That alone should show how "nervous" we are about this product.

But, Elric, I personally don't have a problem with it, but the mods of this forum will most likely consider your signature image as advertisment as soon as they find out that it actually does not show a NC screenshot (which I actually thought all the time ;)), which then is in violation of the forum rules. So I suggest you better change it yourself, before some of the mods might do it.

QuantumDelta
13-11-03, 04:44

But, Elric, I personally don't have a problem with it, but the mods of this forum will most likely consider your signature image as advertisment as soon as they find out that it actually does not show a NC screenshot (which I actually thought all the time ;)), which then is in violation of the forum rules. So I suggest you better change it yourself, before some of the mods might do it.
ROFLMFAO

Sorry but that was funny :p

Since their forum is still about a pre-release of a game I suspect they're even more paranoid about competitors than KK could be currently.
If people hear about NC and how similiar the games can SEEM they might pick up a copy and play it and stick with it, instead of playing FoM when it comes out...

Shadow Dancer
13-11-03, 04:46
Interesting, I never looked at Elric's sig for more than half a second, I just assumed it was neocron. LoL

Elric
13-11-03, 04:47
Well, unfortunately on the FoM board many threads that state positive things about NC get locked or even deleted. You won't see that happening here with a thread talking about FoM... That alone should show how "nervous" we are about this product.

but but but.... oh... alright... since its you that asked (but usually mods are against actual advertising posts, not necessarily sigs, and its only a fan site, not actually FoM :p ). I'll find something new and do that soon.

The engine they run is very similar graphically to NC (as i had noticed AvP2 to be to NC) so its not too far off of a surprise that you'd mistake it so easily. Alot of positive things are said about NC on the boards and dont get locked, usually its only locked if its blatantly "NC pwnz j00" or somesuch post or if its a topic thats been answered elsewhere. I cant say Ive noticed that tho, I'll have a looky and talk to the mods about it.

I have to be honest, Ive slated and stuck up for NC in a few posts here n there. Its part of the course. I usually refrence NC in things whether its something done well or something that could have been improved in such n such a way.

You should grab a forum account and sign the NC refugee's post Martin, it would probably get a giggle. I really think you and [duplex] (or GrimReapa since [duplex] is extremely busy with coding for the beta) would have a great talk about many things not least each others games.

unless it would degenerate to "No MINE IS BETTAR!!" "NO MINE IS!!" flame war... now that would be funny.

Like I said earlier there, theres nothing to be nervous about really, theyre both unique games both with theyre own good selling points. I dont think one will be outdoing the other to be honest and I really can see me keeping an account on each game (at least when DoY comes and I make up my mind if it was worth the wait).

gostly
13-11-03, 04:48

so in the beta application, putting down neocron as a mmorpg i played...think it gives me a better or worse chance of beta testing?...:lol: i really wanna try it out ;\

Elric
13-11-03, 04:50
Originally posted by gostly
so in the beta application, putting down neocron as a mmorpg i played...think it gives me a better or worse chance of beta testing?...:lol: i really wanna try it out ;\

best waiting for Open Beta if you only want to "try it out". Would be nice to catch up with you there tho ;)

Martin J. Schwiezer
13-11-03, 04:52
Originally posted by Elric
but but but.... oh... alright... since its you that asked (but usually mods are against actual advertising posts, not necessarily sigs, and its only a fan site, not actually FoM :p ). I'll find something new and do that soon. Okay, here's the deal: I will tell the mods not to delete the banner in your sig when you show up a Neocron banner on the FoM boards... Let's see what FoM thinks about advertisment for other products :D

I suggest this banner:
http://www.neocron.com/img/NeocronBanner02.gif
:D :D :D

Deal?

Elric
13-11-03, 04:54
Okay, here's the deal: I will tell the mods not to delete the banner in your sig when you show up a Neocron banner on the FoM boards... Let's see what FoM thinks about advertisment for fansites of other products :D

:lol:

It would be a fair deal, except i dont have any NC banners and I dont work on any NC fan sites... sorry. I changed it tho ;)

:edit: Oh yeah, alot of the community came from NC (as you may have noticed) and its talked about that much (or referenced anyways) that I dont think theres anyone on the boards there that DONT know about it :D

Shadow Dancer
13-11-03, 04:56
Actually I think your sig is too big and still a violation of forum rules. :p

Elric
13-11-03, 04:57

I suggest this banner:

:lol:
ooh sneaked taht one in there ;)

I do like it to be honest, that always was me favorite NC banner. I'll ask the mods, and see what they think ;)

gostly
13-11-03, 04:57
OT: lol...shadow everytime a post has somethin about new changes...you edit your sig...

Vid Gamer
13-11-03, 05:02
I use that banner AND have it link to the registration page on another forum. ;)

Elric
13-11-03, 05:04
Originally posted by Vid Gamer
I use that banner AND have it link to the registration page on another forum. ;)

ahhh, no no, that would be excessive. My sig linked to a fan site, thats a bit different to an official capacity forum or site.

No mods are online just now, but I will ask when I get the chance ;)

LVirus
13-11-03, 10:14
FoM has a better Engine and a better Netcode, sorry Martin, but that is not that hard. I would luv to see a NC2 with a new engine and a new netcode, oh and without Monks :p

Oh yes please Martin! Make this happen. I just paid 25 more euros for you because I actived my PPU after 2 months .. so please make NC2 have better engine in gfx and net wise. And remove monks and those stupid fantasy creatures -- I tought I was playing Sci-fi game, but I'm playing Sci-fi game that got melted with Wizzards and Lizzards :P

FirestarXL
13-11-03, 11:15
Well, unfortunately on the FoM board many threads that state positive things about NC get locked or even deleted.

Actually I think it's more to stop it degenerating into "my game vs your game!" since I've seen threads with anti-NC content closed also, and posibly even faster. It's just the more people compare proposed features in FoM to features in Neocron more than any other game there. I'd take it as a compliment! :D

Pi-Oh-Pah
13-11-03, 12:14
Ive signed up for FOM Beta

garyu69
13-11-03, 12:17
NC > FoM

I wanna see T-shirts again. Thats what helped in the failure of SW:G :D

Jesterthegreat
13-11-03, 12:33
Okay, here's the deal: I will tell the mods not to delete the banner in your sig when you show up a Neocron banner on the FoM boards... Let's see what FoM thinks about advertisment for other products :D

I suggest this banner:

Deal?

i had the contest winning NC banner as my sig in FOM forums, got taken down.

had the official banner / link toi webby here - nid said it was fine >.<

The sig's fine but please don't go all Zioxx on me and start spamming threads with "Look at my sig" posts.

N

Original monk
13-11-03, 14:03
to martin J : why dont ya sign in for the beta of FOM yourself ? i dont mean industrial spionage here but yust to try out there game :) it doesnt look bad indeed, it doesnt have the long experiences neocron has but on first sight it looks good. Beta starts at 1 december and the betaplayers havent been chosen yet so ya still make a chance to get in hehe.

Even as the head of my own game i would still go play or check out all other games that come out, yust to stay informed of all crazy new developments :cool:

In any case i wasnt being sarcastic, taking a look will never harm he :)