PDA

View Full Version : [Brainport] Boss mobs in the wastes

Jest
12-11-03, 19:25
I think it would be really awesome if there were uber boss mobs in the wastelands that randomly spawned in different zones. Mobs where the upper level ones, there is no way in hell to do solo. But there are also some mid level boss mobs.

Also I think there should be fantastic loot drop, but not neccessary loot drop. Basically the loot is good but its not like I need it to stay competetive, examples will be mentioned for each mob. Lastly it would be cool that if over time a runner collects specific loot from every single boss mob in the game and gives it to an NPC, he or she gets a special title under his or her name. Something like.

Jest
Mirror-Shades - Title
Wasteland Hunter

Or something to that effect. (Sort of like the Paladin title but with mobs instead). In addition to the mob specific loot there could also be a higher drop rate of special items that are needed for the current quests. For example maybe have a 1 in 3 chance of finding a Strage Book. Here are a few examples of bosses.

Launcher Captain - A Cyclops Launcher. The lowest level of boss mobs. Has a chance to spawn in any of the wasteland CL spawns including those by MB and TH. Drops 5-10 level 2 implants.

Crab King - Found on the southern shores. There arent really any good crab mobs so maybe create a mid level one that is able to be spawned. Drops a variety of implants and rares.

Swamp Lord - Looks like a bigger version of that tentacle monster found next to the roads near Regeant. Does poison damage and spawns swamp mobs. Drops Viper King armor and a few rare parts.

Warbot Prime - A massive warbot even larger than a Titan. The Warbot Prime would have a unique ability over the other warbots in that he can spawn normal warbots and spider bots. Requires the same hack needed for ops. Drops 5-10 rare parts and a bunch of high level vehicle/weapon parts.

Grim Queen - Even larger than the Grim Chaser, this queen of the wastelands is the ultimate fight. She doesnt have an attack but she has the ability to spawn every fire mob in the game includings Persecutors, Chasers, and Leapers. Drops a couple pairs of Titan armor and 5-10 rare parts.

Dragonfly - Just a regular dragonfly...

Doing the above would give the people that love hunting something special to do. As some one who loves PvP, I dont feel compelled to give these rare mobs to get good loot to stay competetive. Also the spawns could be very rare and random. Another boss mob of that same type could spawn in another zone that very day, or maybe not until another week or so.

Anyway tell me what you think. If you like be sure to give it a good star rating and bump it, yo.

-FN-
12-11-03, 19:34
Jest, wanna apply for content design with me? Stuff like this is what the community wants! I've thought up a ton of things like this, specifics and all... KK, other than brainport, is there a way we can do a lot of this creative work for you? I wouldn't imagine Jest is, and neither am I... but we're not looking for jobs, we just want to help!

How much time would it take to do the technical aspect of a few new mobs? Callash has the spawning proggy, many of the skins are already in the game and I'm sure you could get 50 skins in a contest for each of these new mobs. What's left? Some copying and pasting from the existing mob tables and some slight mods...

LET US HELP!!!!!!!oneoneoneoneoneoneone :cool:

Tratos
12-11-03, 19:37
:eek:

quite nice, ive bin thinkin there should be more uberer mobs in some zones, but i dont think the medium bosses should drop 5-10 imps, maybe 3-6 or somthing like that, and the grim queen would be the uberly uberest uber thing in the game, lol

~T

g0rt
12-11-03, 19:42
I agree.

What could be nice is to have a bossmob system such as in DAoC. I hate comparing other games to Neocron all the time :rolleyes: but the way they have it set up is, for every TYPE of monster, theres a very small chance the mother of that monster will spawn. This mother is slightly higher level the the rest, tougher to beat, but drops magic items.

Example:

Host of the Earth - a level 8 creature that spawns at certain areas, in these areas theres a chance that a Host of the Earth will spawn with an actual NAME, like Edward...this Host of the Earth will be level 9 or 10, and will drop magic items on a way larger scale then the normal Host of hte Earth's.

This kind of thing in Neocron would be sweet. But they cant overspawn, in the course of a month you should only see 4 or 5 of these on your leveling courses.

kreal
12-11-03, 19:48
Jest (Stop thinking so much its not good for ya. You will get old to fast ;) )

Anyhow yes baby i could go for some bigger mobs like 160/160 ?

Reason: being a 127/64 monkey and killing 100/100 mobs will not get you anything (exp, loot, cash-rewards)

and i fell cheated for the good stuff :lol:

g0rt
12-11-03, 19:50
Originally posted by kreal
Jest (Stop thinking so much its not good for ya. You will get old to fast ;) )

Anyhow yes baby i could go for some bigger mobs like 160/160 ?

Reason: being a 127/64 monkey and killing 100/100 mobs will not get you anything (exp, loot, cash-rewards)

and i fell cheated for the good stuff :lol:

Take your Kami out and use Halo, it fixes that problem.

kreal
12-11-03, 19:53
Originally posted by g0rt
Take your Kami out and use Halo, it fixes that problem.

But i like my Kami :(

g0rt
12-11-03, 19:54
Originally posted by kreal
But i like my Kami :(

Ya its great for hybrids :p , but its BAD for getting rares and money from fighting mobs :(

Jest
12-11-03, 20:00
Originally posted by g0rt
I agree.

What could be nice is to have a bossmob system such as in DAoC. Yah Ragnarok Online has something similiar as well. I ONLY PLAYED IT FOR A MONTH!!!!

FN Id totally be into content design. It would be very cool if Reakktor took advantage of the community. I think all lot of us have some decent ideas to put forth and would even be willing to give our free time to helping it along.