PDA

View Full Version : Crahn Holy Spirit Helmet

-FN-
12-11-03, 16:18
Anyone else notice this?

Crahn Holy Spirit Boots give +8 Piece, +8 Force, +34 Energy, +17 Fire, +17 X-Ray

Crahn Holy Spirit Pants give +16 Piercing, +16 Force, +25 Energy, +16 Fire, +8 X-Ray

But the Crahn Holy Spirit Helmet give +16 Piercing, +16 Force, +40 Energy, +8 Fire, yet no X-Ray.

I suppose it's not really a big deal... but can we get a few points of X-Ray on the helmet? 8 to 10 would be fine. Spies have the new SpyPA with insane X-Ray resist, Tanks simply have a ton of Con, and PEs get shelter + decent Con, not to mention they can all use the AntiGamma bones that monks can't. With the nonexistence of a heavy X-Ray belt, the few points in X-Ray would be nice for those of us who don't care to rely on a PPU :)

ericdraven
12-11-03, 16:20
Ssssht, you really want even more of those "nerf teh monks!!!111" threads?? :p

COLD
12-11-03, 16:21
if I'm not mistaken the PSI PA's give fairly decent x-ray bonuses

ericdraven
12-11-03, 16:30
Originally posted by COLD
if I'm not mistaken the PSI PA's give fairly decent x-ray bonuses
Uhm, yes... it gives +0... :p

Duder
12-11-03, 16:41
You already get more then enough energy and fire resists from the armor, now you want to be lazy and get free xray now, so you can boost your health and athletics so you run fast like hell with your HL?

Spies get free Xray, monks get free energy and enough fire. PEs have to calculate to get a balanced resist, and so do the tanks, and you want now free energy, fire and xray?

...oh just a few xray points you say? heheheh, sounds ok for me.

-FN-
12-11-03, 16:44
hehe, I was just wondering why the armor seemed to be lacking something the rest did. And I wouldn't change my CON setup at all :p

Duder
12-11-03, 16:47
I wonder what those crazy KK employess were thinking when they made the armor, resists and monks..

wolfwood
12-11-03, 16:47
xray is dead, dont complain about resists because u get more con points then a spy can not to mention the fact taht with your hl and rare spells you can everything in the game by yourself.

Scikar
12-11-03, 16:50
It has less xray because it has more energy. I say yes you can have xray on it, as long as you take away all the other resists from it. :)

Rizzy
12-11-03, 17:46
oh...my...god.

Bad idea.

Parappa
12-11-03, 18:09
Well, no. Who would I then own with my uranium SH :p

Viduus[JBX]
12-11-03, 20:32
PA1 --->

Piercing -- +10
Force --- +10
Energy --- +45
Fire --- ZERO
X-Ray --- ZERO
Poison --- ZERO

PA2 --->

Piercing -- +10
Force --- +10
Energy --- +50
Fire --- ZERO
X-Ray --- ZERO
Poison --- ZERO

PA1 --->

Piercing -- +10
Force --- +10
Energy --- +55
Fire --- ZERO
X-Ray --- ZERO
Poison --- ZERO

On top of that monks get the 2nd lowest conn possible, and can only use the basic skeleton... but yeah, Psi's have a great resist setup... mmm-hmmm
The only thing a psi can possibly get a decent resist for is Energy.

I'd be happy with comperable power armor to a PE or a Spy for resists.

Mr_Snow
12-11-03, 20:41
Psis have the best armour in the game they can also use heavy belts so if you can only get good energy resists you must suck at setting up your con.

Most monks themselves say that the only problem with a monks setup is a lack of health other wise its fine and to this i have to agree, make medkits useful, add a little health( maybe as an advantage to their PA but would have to have negative effect too) and apus could be quite good as a solo character outside of opfight.

Dont niggly about +8 or so x-ray resist atleast you have your own armour unlike spies and pes.And monk PA may not give any resist bonuses but atleast it has no drawbacks like tanks con and athletics negative, spies int and endurance drawback and pes psi and mst drawback.

Zu (Pluto)
12-11-03, 21:43
Mind you, an alternative set of armour would be nice. Something that gives more xray and less energy, or anything else and less energy. Or just something different so there isn't just the one thing to wear. Currently monks seem somewhat locked into a certain defensive setup, while other classes have a bit of choice.

Zu

Mr_Snow
12-11-03, 21:48
Duranium or inquisition on tanks,choice of belts on spies and monks and choice of inquisition armour or duranium and a choice of belts on pes...... not a hell of a lot of choice on any class.

-FN-
12-11-03, 21:53
Before this gets out of hand, hehe...

I just wanted a few Xray points to the Helmet, that's all! I'm happy with the PA and everything else. I'm just playing from the point of view of an APU who spends a lot of his time not with a PPU so I try not to rely on shelter.

Viduus[JBX]
13-11-03, 02:10
Originally posted by -FN-
Before this gets out of hand, hehe...

I just wanted a few Xray points to the Helmet, that's all! I'm happy with the PA and everything else. I'm just playing from the point of view of an APU who spends a lot of his time not with a PPU so I try not to rely on shelter.

Yeah I understand, sorry to jump OT there -- but my reasons are the same as yours -- most of the time I'm not in a group, and even when I am a PPU is a rare sight....

JackScratch
13-11-03, 03:46
OK, Im a monk and I completely disagree with this. The whole idea is that each class has some sort of weakness, and they do, as well they each have certain strengths, and they do. Now you have somewhat less con, and defense against poison and xray, although the defence against xray is onlyimited in that you have slightly less armour against it and less con, with proper balanceing you should be able to over come those problems quite easily.

These ideas to change the game that keep comeing up should be an executeable offence. The game is as close to balanced as it can concieveably be. The only change that should even be considered isnt exactly a change as a fix of something that was done wrong in the first place. The clipping plane is nthe only game play related problem that creates an imbalance. Fix that and, bugs aside, the game would be as balanced as is possible, short of makeing one and only one class.

COLD
13-11-03, 03:50
Originally posted by ericdraven
Uhm, yes... it gives +0... :p

lol ya my bad i dont know wtf i was thinkin when i posted that lol

Heavyporker
13-11-03, 05:40
wtf guys....

it's only asking for a FUCKING +8 xray resist to a peice of armor... to put on one's head... and that's armor resist at that.

good gravy.

best armor my ass. it's only well balanced armor for the most part. we're glaringly weak to pierce. our armor pieces dont give ANY resist to poison.

GenTanks and PEs get a chestpiece for poison. PEs can use med poison belt. SPies can get to heavy poison belt MUCH faster than monks can dream of.

Gentanks get the BEST fire and pierce/force armor in the game.
PEs get a better array of armor setups (armor/belts/shelter/buffs) than any other class can consider.

There's a reason that Spies get free xray ( AT HIGH LEVELS!) and monks get "nearly free" energy armor. It's because we get sucko CON.

And comments about "monks being able to do anything with HL and buffs" place the speaker in freefall in the middle of a deep, deep chasm of ignorance and idiocy. There are APUs. There are PPUs. There are hybrids. They have limitations and advantages. None can do everything.

Get real. +8 points xray on a piece of head armor, to smooth everything out armorwise.

Shadow Dancer
13-11-03, 06:02
No our armor is fine, I can't believe you had the gonads to make this thread FN. :p

Anyways, I hate when people say we got the best armor. Who the hell cares? It's not just about armor. You have to look at total defense. We have the best armor, and pes and tanks have way better defense than us. So obviously it's not just about armor. :rolleyes:

EDIT: I Think duranit armor should be dex based, that would help out spies.

MjukisDjur
13-11-03, 17:15
Originally posted by Mr_Snow
Psis have the best armour in the game they can also use heavy belts so if you can only get good energy resists you must suck at setting up your con.

Most monks themselves say that the only problem with a monks setup is a lack of health other wise its fine and to this i have to agree, make medkits useful, add a little health( maybe as an advantage to their PA but would have to have negative effect too) and apus could be quite good as a solo character outside of opfight.

Dont niggly about +8 or so x-ray resist atleast you have your own armour unlike spies and pes.And monk PA may not give any resist bonuses but atleast it has no drawbacks like tanks con and athletics negative, spies int and endurance drawback and pes psi and mst drawback.

My 96 million psi exp monk got 14 mil int exp. Please explain how I should do to put on a heavy belt...

Viduus[JBX]
13-11-03, 18:06
Ultimate solution:

- Make APU PowerCloaks give +200 PPU resist lmao
Then APU's can't be buffed, but can still be given decent resists on the armors.
Since they will still have low resists inately, the fact you wouldn't be able to dmg boost them shouldn't make a huge difference.

This would easily even out the playing feild and get rid of "monkocron" as people call it while still making an APU a viable asset in a team and solo.

Heavyporker
13-11-03, 18:08
only 200 PSR? Shit, cap that. Make it 255 PSR. and with being unbuffable and shit, make all the other resists (including force, dammit.) at least 50 for the first level APU PA, and going up by 25 to each resist for each level.

JackScratch
13-11-03, 19:15
I have to give it to Heavy porker, I neglected to mention that Psi's have almost as bad a force/pierce situation as Spies. And this is as it should be. While Tanks and PEs get better defenses than monks do (natively, I will discuss PPU in a moment) they lack the potential that monks gain from their Psi skills. When you talk about balance, every one starts wanting everything to be identical, I for one do not want that. Balance means that for each figurative point of loss there is a figurative point of gain. The small discrepincies between the defenses of the other classes and those of the monkn are balanced by the buffs of the PPU, minus the lack of offensive capeabilities, and the massive offrnsive abilities of the APU in comparison to the other classes. Balance does no, should not, will not, mean "the same". As for the 8 points of Xray in the helmet, If it is such a small amount, then why ask for it? In my opinion, 8 to xray would be a signifigant amount, and therefore unbalance, that which is currently balanced. LEAVE THE DAMN GAME ALONE.

Mr_Snow
13-11-03, 19:29
Put all your str into resist force and dont use a exp-psi controller 3 and your resist is fine.

JackScratch
13-11-03, 19:34
Thats great and all, but I have the drawback of being a CST. Yeah I know, no DEX, but I have worked around it quite well. But dont get me wrong, as a PPU I do just fine against Forec/Pierce and everything else. No, I feel strongly that everything is just fine the way it is.

Actualy, amend that, I think KK needs to Nerf the Nerf whiners.

Mr_Snow
13-11-03, 19:38
Ah pluto player then, tradeskilling with monks is kinda nerfed mainly because they need psi use so much and because they level int very slowly but thats a discussion for another thread.

Shakari
13-11-03, 20:38
Originally posted by Mr_Snow
Duranium or inquisition on tanks,choice of belts on spies and monks and choice of inquisition armour or duranium and a choice of belts on pes...... not a hell of a lot of choice on any class.

true but at least 2 choices on all other classes monks only have one choice

Shadow Dancer
13-11-03, 20:50
Monks have belt choices.

Viduus[JBX]
14-11-03, 00:43
I see my sarcasm was overlooked... should have put the "lol" in bold red...

Darth Slayer
14-11-03, 00:46
Ssssht, you really want even more of those "nerf teh monks!!!111" threads?? :p

NERF THE MONKEHS
I'd like to see 0 damage from APU spells on Drones.......:D

ericdraven
14-11-03, 02:16
Originally posted by Darth Slayer
NERF THE MONKEHS
I'd like to see 0 damage from APU spells on Drones.......:D
Don't worry, if the testserver patch comes retail then the monks will have to ride on your drone in order to be able to hit them with that new great range of the spells. ;)

MisterP
14-11-03, 02:30
Originally posted by MjukisDjur
My 96 million psi exp monk got 14 mil int exp. Please explain how I should do to put on a heavy belt...

Yea, Monks Int sucks bigtime, take a lifetime to get anywhere near capping....

No Official Respone Yet (http://neocron.jafc.de/showthread.php?s=&threadid=81349)

Darth Slayer
14-11-03, 19:37
Don't worry, if the testserver patch comes retail then the monks will have to ride on your drone in order to be able to hit them with that new great range of the spells. ;)

Yippeeeeee Unles your the APU that is.......:lol: