PDA

View Full Version : Dragon Empires - Beta Testers?

ericdraven
12-11-03, 13:17
Just wanna know if there are some beta testers around..

I recently subscribed to their beta test and hope they will take me.. :p

However, if there is someone around who actually IS a beta tester please give me some impressions.. :)

Divide
12-11-03, 13:55
I played it, not something I particularly dig cause I dont care to run around with a sword all day long, but check it out if that is your thing.

-FN-
12-11-03, 14:08
I'll, um, tell ya if I get in the beta :eek:

Starting browsing their forums... then searched for Neocron :p

- Saw Jest, Benji, and S a W there.
- Everyone seemed to like KK's handling of the "drunk" effect
- Saw this:

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I think existing players (the 'community') influence how good the game is percieved to be by new entrants compared to how technically adept the game's mechanics and design do.

The community is the long term enjoyment factor, game design/graphics etc is just the short term puller.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What he said, but I'll add if they community is a group of ego forfilling 12 year olds the game will fail (which is why Neocron is sinking like a brick in water!)

- And this:

... newcomers to the game would effectively be walking into the same environment as in Neocron, where only the earliest established clans have any real chance of holding their territory, thus depriving new players (=customers) from much of the potential that the game has to offer and so resulting in them trying the game for a while and then leaving again.

Just thought it was interesting to see what another MMORPG community had floating around about ours :)

Pi-Oh-Pah
12-11-03, 14:53
I applied for Beta months ago but no answer - I think the problem is that I changed ISP's and cant access the email account I signed up on.

*Got into Horizons Beta though* :)

DartVader
12-11-03, 16:24
i've applied for Betatesting (or waiting for) the following Games:

Dragon Empires
Realms of Torment
Dark and Light
Sage of Ryzom
Lineage II
Horizons

Rachius
12-11-03, 20:08
Lineage II is cool. If you see a guy on these forums called Shadius in the next few weeks, ask him about how he "fell" off a cliff. lol.

BlackPrince
12-11-03, 20:10
A couple of people from The Gang are in beta atm, they love it.

Rieper
12-11-03, 20:12
ikm betatesting horizons on spirit atm.. PM me on forums if you wanna meet up :) lvl 9 Dragon Clerc 6 scalecrafter

Lathuc
12-11-03, 20:23
horizons is in beta gimmie that link i have been waiting forever for that game

Sokaris
12-11-03, 20:27
where do you guys find the time.. honestly..

i have never understood it like stands still for you people. I would love to play more games or so but there just isn't enough time to truely get into more than one. Maybe two not quite sure how you manage like 3 or more..

oh ya forgot to ask where you guys find out about all the new mmorpg that are looking for beta testing.

Pi-Oh-Pah
12-11-03, 20:46
Originally posted by Lathuc
horizons is in beta gimmie that link i have been waiting forever for that game

Here ya go (http://horizons.istaria.com)

Lol thats the log in page - sorry

Try this instead (http://www.istaria.com/)