PDA

View Full Version : APUs Shooting round corners idea ^^

Opar
12-11-03, 11:45
Was just thinking (yes me, thinking!) and, i thought of a crap idea for APUs shooting round corners.

Okay, heres zee deal, theres a kind of line coming from the Psi Gauntlet (PG), to a 'Hit-Point' (HP) on a mob. So, to shoot a mob, this line from the PG to the mobs HP must be intact, if anything interrupts this line, the shot will fail and the APU will have to take the shot again. So if an APU was trying to shoot from behind some boxes, they would have to find a gap between the boxes to shoot at the mob.

Also, if the APU begins to cast, but runs behind something and the PG-HP line is broken, the cast fails.

So, because the APU is gonna be in the firing-line more, their CON cap should be raised from 45 to 50, just to be fair ^^

I know this doesnt fix the monk imbalance, but hey, I liked it for a few seconds ^^

ericdraven
12-11-03, 12:04
If you want this then don't use the Holy Lightning but the Crahn Energylance (for example) instead. :p

Opar
12-11-03, 12:09
Thats what i thought at first eric ^^

but i find Energylance boring, so i thought that this would be a bit more interesting ^^

Wannabe
12-11-03, 12:26
Uh, it's said before but I'll said again. Monks use their mental powers to damage the target. The lock they get is maintained mentally, even if the shot is blocked. There are spells that require the LoS and of course there are the non-LoS spells such as beams and halos.

If your bored with energy lance, try energy halo ^^

spam.redirect(/dev/null);

// Wannabe

Maarten
12-11-03, 12:56
True, Wannabe, but this is from a balance perspective.

ericdraven
12-11-03, 12:57
Originally posted by Wannabe
If your bored with energy lance, try energy halo ^^

But that's a non-LoS spell as well..

I would recommend "Crahn Energyball Blast".. it's even better than the Energylance.. especially if you are in low rooms. :p

Wannabe
12-11-03, 14:07
And the multiple energy bolt is like a two-bladed sword. It hits multiple targets but also you can't see anything while it casts and sometimes it also hits yourself.

Also if your leveling in areas with other people, such as aggie cellar, you might hit them and when they die, you loose faction symp and soullight.

// Wannabe

[EDIT: Re-reading your own posts is a good thing =)]

Leebzie
12-11-03, 14:28
Hmmmm...

I like the advantages of the apu targeting system, and it is balanced off by the fact if something (especially another player)starts hitting you (ughh especially with weps like the TSG, PE, and Libby),you gotta start thinking about your genrep.

Hell... you pretty much gotta rely on non-Los combat especially pvm.

If this is generally considered overpowered. then how about increasing the fail chance or removing any movement allowance when firing non-los ?

Shadow Dancer
12-11-03, 14:39
If you make it LOS, it has to have the speed of bullets so that we don't constantly "fail" becuase someone moved behind a garbage can or something.