PDA

View Full Version : Pistol PE question

gizmojack
12-11-03, 09:10
How much Weopon lore is necessary for a pistol User?

And how much hacking is needed for belts/OPs? Is 90 enough?

g0rt
12-11-03, 09:52
90 base with a SF and boost is plenty, 80 base (90 with sf) is ok too but u will need a spy3 to hack the big stuff

as for weapon lore, its tough to say...i always go for base 100 on a pistol PE, the more the better really but using 5 points for 1 weapon lore is a waste on a pistol user...better used in something u want like hacking or poking, or in psi use if u want a pure pvp char

Sanch0s
12-11-03, 10:01
My pe has 100 base hack and rest into lore i cap aiming on lib, and i can hack ops and ive never found a belt so far i couldent hack, but then ive got 120 hack cos of sf and Sa :)

Al3X
12-11-03, 13:32
hacking belts is a different story.. the difficulty of them hack depends on the belt's owners soullight.. minus soullight is easy to hack, 50+ is hard (with 135 i even have trouble with that). but hacking is also dependant on how good YOU are in facking the computer.. but thats a matter of hacking over and over again :)

-=Blasehase=-
12-11-03, 17:49
it depends on wich weapon u wanna use

if u r Liberator only 120 [with imps] is more than enought

if u wanna use Ray of Last Hope 140 is more than enought

if u r Slasher 160 is more than enought

so its ur decision

L0KI
12-11-03, 17:51
I'd say:

100 low tech

140-160 hi tech

Its personal preference really.

-=Blasehase=-
12-11-03, 18:00
Originally posted by L0KI
I'd say:

100 low tech

140-160 hi tech

Its personal preference really.

true... true

it also depends on the quality of the weapon... a perfect needs more than an artifact

so there isnt really a point u must have... its ur decision how much u need... so try it out... if u think its enought then stop skilling WEP or LOM it baq

Jest
12-11-03, 18:21
Holy crap. 100 and 120 weapon lore for low tech pistols? Geez what do you guys have like 130 pistol combat or something? I am a Libby/BS user and I cap damage/aiming with only 50 weapon lore. 120 weapon lore for low tech is absurd. Just get your dex to where you want it to be and then start adding or LoMing weapon lore till it hits or goes below the capped percentages. ;)

-=Blasehase=-
12-11-03, 18:36
Originally posted by Jest
Holy crap. 100 and 120 weapon lore for low tech pistols? Geez what do you guys have like 130 pistol combat or something? I am a Libby/BS user and I cap damage/aiming with only 50 weapon lore. 120 weapon lore for low tech is absurd. Just get your dex to where you want it to be and then start adding or LoMing weapon lore till it hits or goes below the capped percentages. ;)

with more weaponlore u need less PC... so u can put more in AGL...

it depends on many [if u have read my post u notice that i say this... but i think u only wanna flame]

for pistols u need NO weaponlore [absolutely nothing] if u have enought PC

but then u r easy to hit cause u r SLOOOOOOOOOW

cap a weapon is easy... but cap a weapon and have a perfect overall skillsetup isnt as easy as it shows... especially as a PE...

it where hours of work to find a perfect setup... and after i spend it i got 3 more free points in con and 6 in dex than xantor with the same effect... so st*u

Jest
12-11-03, 18:45
Originally posted by -=Blasehase=-
with more weaponlore u need less PC... so u can put more in AGL...

it depends on many [if u have read my post u notice that i say this... but i think u only wanna flame]

for pistols u need NO weaponlore [absolutely nothing] if u have enought PC

but then u r easy to hit cause u r SLOOOOOOOOOW

cap a weapon is easy... but cap a weapon and have a perfect overall skillsetup isnt as easy as it shows... especially as a PE...

it where hours of work to find a perfect setup... and after i spend it i got 3 more free points in con and 6 in dex than xantor with the same effect... so st*u Haha. Nah my post wasn't meant to be a flame at all. Im sad you told me to shut up though. :( Personally for me I get as much pistol combat as I can. Its true that the more weapon lore you have the less pistol you need, but pistol affects everything way more than weapon lore. Pistol combat affects not only aiming and damage but also rate of fire, which is teh win. And even with high pistol I still have in the 90s for agility. Not only that but with only 50 points in weapon lore I have enough int left over to implant all my implants (with an imp glove), have enough to hack an op without a boost, and still have decent psi use. That my friend is very zesty.;)

-=Blasehase=-
12-11-03, 18:51
Originally posted by Jest
Haha. Nah my post wasn't meant to be a flame at all. Im sad you told me to shut up though. :( Personally for me I get as much pistol combat as I can. Its true that the more weapon lore you have the less pistol you need, but pistol affects everything way more than weapon lore. Pistol combat affects not only aiming and damage but also rate of fire, which is teh win. And even with high pistol I still have in the 90s for agility. Not only that but with only 50 points in weapon lore I have enough int left over to implant all my implants (with an imp glove), have enough to hack an op without a boost, and still have decent psi use. That my friend is very zesty.;)

i cap dmg, aiming and got with an 120% freq weapon 470/min on a slasher with 109 agl and can runcast heal and have a capped shelter... so what :D

sorry that ur post seems to me as a flame as i read it first... and a big sorry for the st*u

edit: truely WITHOUT doy bloodlust if u think that :D

Dribble Joy
12-11-03, 18:57
75 WEP and you cap aiming on the judge.

Capped shelter? heh, methinks not.....

-=Blasehase=-
12-11-03, 19:05
Originally posted by Dribble Joy

Capped shelter? heh, methinks not.....

i just say: its possible... so try to find out how :D

Dribble Joy
12-11-03, 19:10
tl 25 shelter, capped Ie. 576% dmg on a PE?
hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Serpent
12-11-03, 19:35
i had a pistol pe (tc) with 115 wep (with imps) and i had all capped
so its enough

QuantumDelta
12-11-03, 21:22
Originally posted by -=Blasehase=-
i just say: its possible... so try to find out how :D Even I have a hard time believing that one dude O.o

Darkborg
12-11-03, 21:56
errr a hell of a lot of Psi use and a drug ??? i think it would be damn difficult too do that heh.

I get my too aprox 370 i think it is.
with my present WpL I cap aiming on anything i have ever come near. its aprox 100 with imps. only reason i have soo much still is soo i can have a little less PC.
Dex is badly needed for agl. But since im a RoLH user and no SA im on redflash soo speed isnt a problem for me :D hehe.

I might consider getting more WpL with regards too getting m base agl higher but that would hurt my "l33t belt h4cking skillz". :p
I have a pretty good RoLH though LOL

QuantumDelta
12-11-03, 22:02
No matter how much PPU you have it can't work I can't see a way of making it work O.o

My Shelter is 120% damage and still don't think I break 400(haven't checked in a while)... O.o?

Darkborg
12-11-03, 22:11
errrr qd all PPU will give you alot less dmg than IE some ppw and the rest ppu.

QuantumDelta
12-11-03, 22:12
Yes, I know, I currently have the optimum :p
Or what I thought was the optimum..

Darkborg
12-11-03, 22:21
hehe ok lol the "no matter how much ppu as you'd like" fooled me.
And no i cant see it done that easy especially since psu doesent apear to influence dmg so no i REALLY cant see how hes done that. ( rare drugs ?):confused:

Edited for Spelling.

Dribble Joy
12-11-03, 22:33
with 75 PPU and 50 mst and 22 PPW(?) any lomming of ppw to ppu won't work

PPU Damage: 0.65(65%) PPU + 0.35(35%) PPW + -0.3(-30%) APU

PPU does indeed affect dmg by nearly twice as much as PPW, but at above 75 PPU, you will need to loose 3 points in PPW, meaning you will loose dmg rather than gain it. Hell even if it was only 2 points lost dmg would still be less with a gimped psi pool.

trigger hurt
13-11-03, 02:42
why are you wasting so much INT in weapon lore?

My pe (low tech) capped aim/freq/dam on lib with 20 base weapon lore. I had 110 base hack and could pop open belts without a buff.

If you are going high tech, you need maybe 75 or 80 base.

greploco
13-11-03, 17:57
I had 110 base with +10 hack from my special forces and the rest in wepon lore - at 120 hack I could hack ops even under a little bit of pressure. it was hard, yes, you had to think about it. I think you need 130+ for op hacking to be no brainer.

decent run speed in dex, 60 some with bonuses, 25 vehilcle cause you can't gengrep fer crap anymore and the rest in pistol combat

BUT --------------- I was a little gimped for combat but I could hack every op, belt can be just fricking hard though. it wasn't the aiming, it was the rate of fire and damage

took 10 out of hack (that's 50 skill points as I was 110 base) and stuck them in WL

my RoFire went up a lot, and my damage did as well

you can hack ops with 110 hack, but not under pressure, it will take several tries. BUT ----- I'm pretty mean now with a pistol, where I was not before.

maybe with the mc5 chip everything would sort out and I'll be a real pistol / hack PE

one of the toughest PEs I know had WL and Implant up to 82 or 84. he was tough.

greploco
13-11-03, 18:00
I've read some of what other people have said --- they are all wet. the extra wepon lore makes a big difference in Rate of Fire

I could totally tell when I took the 10 points out of hack (50 skill points) and tossed them in WL

and yes, I do have a lot of pistol combat