PDA

View Full Version : Happy Vets day in the US!

MayhemMike
12-11-03, 01:03
I'm not sure about any other country, but happy veterans day here in the US!~~!!@$#ONE! THANK YA VETS MY FREEDOM IS LIKE WEWEWEWEW

QuantumDelta
12-11-03, 01:07
This one'll probably last as long as until a mod sees it, but happy holiday for what it's worth

MayhemMike
12-11-03, 01:09
Why do you say that QD?

nonamebrandeggs
12-11-03, 01:11
Vets day cut my English class in half, for that, I am greatfull.

Magnazan
12-11-03, 01:12
:confused: Only in America

StryfeX
12-11-03, 01:13
Originally posted by nonamebrandeggs
Vets day cut my English class in half, for that, I am greatfull. :lol: Always the practical one, aren't we? :p

Happy Veteran's Day, everyone!

@QD: as long as we keep politics and such out of this thread, I don't see why it would get closed.

--Stryfe

MayhemMike
12-11-03, 01:13
Mag, i know they call it diffferent things in different countrys :O. eggs i thought you are in elementry school?

Spectra260
12-11-03, 01:14
Originally posted by MayhemMike
Mag, i know they call it diffferent things in different countrys :O. eggs i thought you are in elementry school?

lol...

sigh, here comes the down with america posts....:rolleyes:

QuantumDelta
12-11-03, 01:15
Probably mainly because I'm feckin ill and have been in a god aweful mood because of it since sunday (My sister said I could trust her to stay home, and of course she didn't so I got locked out in the cold and damned wind for an hour and got sick cuz I didn't even have a sweater let alone a coat :p)

....but mainly because of this one;

There will be no discussion based on a national, political, religious, sexual or ethnical nature. This is a worldwide forum with people from a wide spectrum and even when you think your aren't being offensive you can indeed offend people.

meh...

Jest
Originally posted by MayhemMike
eggs i thought you are in elementry school? :lol:

I didn't get Vets day off of work...:( Though I'll be lucky to even get the Friday of Thanksgiving off.

I think wishing people a happy Veterans day is ok. Every country can honor the people that fought for their country.

Shadow Dancer
Originally posted by Spectra260
lol...

sigh, here comes the down with america posts....:rolleyes:

Yea I know.

Spectra260
12-11-03, 01:16
Originally posted by Shadow Dancer
Yea I know.

stop reading my mindo_O

StryfeX
12-11-03, 01:18
Originally posted by QuantumDelta
Probably mainly because I'm feckin ill and have been in a god aweful mood because of it since sunday (My sister said I could trust her to stay home, and of course she didn't so I got locked out in the cold and damned wind for an hour and got sick cuz I didn't even have a sweater let alone a coat :p)

....but mainly because of this one;
There will be no discussion based on a national, political, religious, sexual or ethnical nature. This is a worldwide forum with people from a wide spectrum and even when you think your aren't being offensive you can indeed offend people.

meh... Eh? How is this political, etc? We're just wishing eachother a happy holiday. It's the same as wishing someone a happy Thanksgiving. o_O

--Stryfe

Gotterdammerung
12-11-03, 01:19
You know, every country has their veterans day. Every country has a day set aside to honor the people who fought for and died because of whatever ideaology their country believed in, and the dead that have fallen in battle extend back ages before any of some of the most modern countries have even existed.

Now i don't see how in any way a day that honors the dead, or a post about it breeches any forum rules. Perhaps before some people put their feet in their mouths again they'd be wise to read up and examine the histories of their countries and remember that nigh more then 50 years there was a war where millions were killed and it was on a global scale.

So if you havn't anything but a wise remark to add, please refrain from adding anything at all.

P.S. And Quantum Delta, please leave the forum modding to the moderators

Spectra260
12-11-03, 01:22
P.S. And Quantum Delta, please leave the forum modding to the moderators

pwned:D

MayhemMike
Just what i was thinking spec ^_^

g0rt
Happy vet day.

Sanch0s
12-11-03, 01:26
Who killed the soldiers? *ducks*

Clothing_Option
12-11-03, 01:28
God Bless America bayby!!!!---The greatest country ever

well it may not be the greatest but its better than paruguay

MayhemMike
12-11-03, 01:29
haha

QuantumDelta
12-11-03, 01:29
I'll say it in PM.

Style
12-11-03, 01:33
QD now i know neo dies in the matrix before i see it this thursday from seeing your sig. thanks :mad:

Marx
12-11-03, 01:34
Happy vets day all - and on that note, I'm heading down to Georgia for a few days.

The real "Marx" is graduating from basic/AIT in two days.

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

QuantumDelta
12-11-03, 01:35
Originally posted by Style
QD now i know neo dies in the matrix before i see it this thursday from seeing your sig. thanks :mad:
Neo isn't dead in that picture o_O

Style
12-11-03, 01:36
no but it says 'RIP' there next to him

Clothing_Option
12-11-03, 01:36
Originally posted by Marx
Happy vets day all - and on that note, I'm heading down to Georgia for a few days.

The real "Marx" is graduating from basic/AIT in two days.

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

[edited for violation of the forum rules - bad taste]

QuantumDelta
12-11-03, 01:37
...Talking about my character mate... (...just a tad OOC....?) I thought it looked appropriate to my mood, even though in context it doesn't have anythin to do with death :p

Style
12-11-03, 01:37
ok, i let u off :p

Marx
12-11-03, 01:38
He got a posting with the 25th ID

So he gets to sit along the DMZ in Korea.

*shrugs*

He seems happy about it though, he always did fancy the asian cultures

Clothing_Option
12-11-03, 01:41
Originally posted by Marx
He got a posting with the 25th ID

So he gets to sit along the DMX in Korea.

*shrugs*

He seems happy about it though, he always did fancy the asian cultures

You actually might be stuck there for awhile.

But u could get rotated out you will probably have to be there a year

Marx
12-11-03, 01:42
Not me, m' older bro.

teh' original "Marx".

:)

Dribble Joy
12-11-03, 01:59
11th hour of the 11th day of the 11th month, 2 min silence.

I observed this as I was semi conscious in bed and somewhat unable to speak.

QD, surely you are aware it is rememberance day today? Hope all you Brits have been wearing your poppys.

Style
12-11-03, 02:03
i aint being funny yeah... i respect all who fought in the wars but my silence will be when all wars have ended. but i aint gona be silent when the world goverment will carry on sending more people to die to get richs for them selves

MayhemMike
12-11-03, 02:13
I made this thread for all countrys having there respected remeberance day, keep it clean, we don't need any "KILL THE *insert country of ur choice*" posts please.

Dribble Joy
12-11-03, 02:15
Originally posted by Style
i aint being funny yeah... i respect all who fought in the wars but my silence will be when all wars have ended. but i aint gona be silent when the world goverment will carry on sending more people to die to get richs for them selves

/me laughs

There will allways be fighting, and what's wrong about dieing for riches? (Moral or material) People are sent to war in order to improve the lives of those at home and in other places.
(Eg. Current Events: If a cirtain Middle-eastern country had 'won' by not being invaded, the rest of the region know that the west can't do jack to them, oil prices continue to rocket, (Regardless of whether you like it or not, oil is possibly the most valuable asset the world contains) America is brought further into ressesion, bring the rest of the world with it. The west did take action, people know not to fuck with a cirtain western power, prices come down/go back to previous levels, in order to compete. America's economy bounces back and grows, expanding trade into the middle-east, which in turn makes everyone's lives better.)

BTW I'm seriously considering a long term career in the forces.

Go on ban me I don't mind, It's not like anyone reads my crap.

Marx
12-11-03, 02:23
Go medical.

That way you'll be respected - no matter what force or country you serve.

After all - a medic is a medic.

:D

Dribble Joy
12-11-03, 02:28
Hehe, I'm an engineer.
The Royal Electrical and Mechanical Engineers awaits me, fixing stuff at the front line in an LAD, I really wanna drive the REME Challenger II variant, it's got a fuck off 'dozer blade and a big crane, Can change a Challenger II MBT engine in under an hour, rawr :p Doubt I will drive it though, not as an officer (no jibes about being a posh upper class ponce please, I'm not posh I'm (as a mancurian put it once) 'Well spoken' :D)

nonamebrandeggs
12-11-03, 02:43
THIS THREAD NEEDS A BATH LOLZ

BlackPrince
12-11-03, 02:43
Thanks.

Marx
12-11-03, 02:48
BlackPrince is a grizzly faced hook handed dirt chewin' eye patch wearin' combat veteran.

My Hero.

<3

:D

Shujin
12-11-03, 02:58
just so u know its not only america,
Canada and Austrailia also have there vets day today

superfresh
12-11-03, 03:08
Happy V-Day all...US, Canada, Australia, et. al

BlackPrince
12-11-03, 03:20
No, I was sayin "Thanks" to the vets who fought so my ass could be here today.

I'm not one for big speeches of appreciation. I volunteered in a VA hospital when I was younger, I know just how much that one word can mean to someone.

Marx
12-11-03, 03:22
Very true.

muchos <3 to you still though.