PDA

View Full Version : FREs now freezing PC! Argh!

*ph33r*
11-11-03, 22:41
Ahh good ole' FREs, instead of crashing me to the desktop they have no started to fucking freeze my computer completely altogether. Now everytime I get a FRE I have to restart my PC...

Any suggestions on wtf I should do? Otherwise it's gonna be impossible for me to play as FREs pop-up all the time for me, and I cant just reload neocron up again after one has occurred...

Ficken Micken =/

Oath
11-11-03, 23:34
Well, afraid i cant offer any solice, rest assured you havent got it too bad,

almost a week ive been playing roulette to actually get online, then its proxy errors every other sector, then both my accounts expired O_o, now i got danae wanna spank me :D cant complain too much eh? :lol:

I cant help you mate, but rest easy, your not alone.

//Ring\\
12-11-03, 16:46
i share ur pain..

go jog a little, listen to music and play runescape or some boring game like that till they decide to patch it..

havent been able to play in uhh.. october 19th which is when i got my internet o_O

Scikar
12-11-03, 16:56
Originally posted by //Ring\\
i share ur pain..

go jog a little, listen to music and play runescape or some boring game like that till they decide to patch it..

havent been able to play in uhh.. october 19th which is when i got my internet o_O

And what makes you so sure the problem isn't something at your end? If the devs don't know what the problem is, how can they fix it?

garyu69
12-11-03, 17:01
Format your Hard Drive and start a fresh.

My PC takes a while to respond when i get a FRE but it does keep going. Maybe you just need to leave it a tiny bit longer.

Give it some love.

Lexxuk
12-11-03, 17:28
use a programme like sisoft sandra to check that your cpu etc. isnt overheating and causing the lockups to your computer, or some other generic diagnostic software.

Stigmata
12-11-03, 17:32
i get this occasionaly.

if you are on XP, ctr alt del and although u cant see the menu press ALT-E and hit enter.

this usually works for me.

Andy

Scikar
12-11-03, 17:34
When it locks up for me like that I usually manage to hit Ctrl+Alt+Del, then Alt+L to switch user, log back in and I get the task manager so I can close it. Usually it works after that though.