PDA

View Full Version : what the f**k is this

Stigmata
11-11-03, 19:59
So im looking through my secondary hdd to see what i can remove because the pron im DL'in has filled up all 80gb o_O and i get to my NC folder, so i go in do a bulk change of all the screenie's to jpeg and the folder is still 5gb.

so im like WTF :eek:

when i find a file called D3DDrv

http://www.waaazup.com/p/uploads/7/WTF2.JPG

this file is 4.1GB....i go check my test server install and the same file is only 59mb......so

1) is it safe to delete the 4.1gb file

2) do i need to replace it with the test server one.

3) why is this file so fooking big.

after looking through it it appears to be a log of every error ever occured during the time i have had the game istalled ?

Andy

Thanks in advance for anyone who can shead some light on this

Elric
11-11-03, 20:01
Originally posted by stigmata

this file is 4.1GB....i go check my test server install and the same file is only 59mb......so

1) is it safe to delete the 4.1gb file

2) do i need to replace it with the test server one.

3) why is this file so fooking big.

after looking through it it appears to be a log of every error ever occured during the time i have had the game istalled ?

a 4.1GB TEXT file of all the fatals youve ever had??!!?? thats a shit load of errors that is. I'd imagine that its safe to delete, chances are on your next error it'll start a new one afresh.

{edit} :lol: HAHAHAHAHA a 4.1gb errortext file, thats some funny shit too...

BaDDaSS
11-11-03, 20:03
Originally posted by stigmata

ROFL!

And its only 4gig? You've obviously only been playing a week then ;)

Stigmata
11-11-03, 20:05
ROFL!

And its only 4gig? You've obviously only been playing a week then

16/11/2002 was my start date

and a 5000 word essay is only 35kb so go figure :D

a 4.1GB TEXT file of all the fatals youve ever had??!!?? thats a shit load of errors that is. I'd imagine that its safe to delete, chances are on your next error it'll start a new one afresh.

{edit} HAHAHAHAHA a 4.1gb errortext file, thats some funny shit too...

just goes to show how unstable and shitty the game is at times.

Andy

Keiron
11-11-03, 20:08
Holy jesus crap on a donkey batman! Dear god that’s a lot of errors.... I'd say reinstall just to make sure that bloated monstrosity doesn’t rear its ugly head again!

rob444
11-11-03, 20:21
If you removed the "hide file extensions", you could see it's called D3DDrv.Log , so you can delete it, wont affect your game at all, just a bit more diskspace :P

Stigmata
11-11-03, 20:23
ta

kurai
11-11-03, 20:28
Ouch. lol

D3Ddrv.log should only be a couple of k

The game writes a log of the DirectX initialisation when client is started, and logs the shutdown when it's closed.
Each restart overwrites the file.

Something has got screwed along the way - probably a filesystem error mis-reporting the file size.
Even if it wasn't overwriting but appending you'd have to be restarting NC every 3 seconds for years to get a 4 Gb log.

Anyway - it's safe to simply delete it. A new one will be written next time you start NC - hopefully it will stay the correct size once a new file is created and XP gets it's act together.

If it continues to grow it might be worth re-installing the game, in case you have a corrupt bit of code.

Spectra260
11-11-03, 20:55
ROFL

4 gig's of text with all the errors youve ever gotten

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

u should send it in to KK, since they complain that they never get any error logs:D

Mumblyfish
11-11-03, 20:59
Error logs made the Baby J. Schwiezer cry :(

\\Fényx//
11-11-03, 21:17
fucking hell rofl mines 936 meg 8|

iNsAnE
11-11-03, 21:22
Somehow I get that when I leave Neocron on in the login screen for some time. The file is automatically deleted when I restart NC though.

Wannabe
11-11-03, 21:33
Mine's only around 2k. So guess your NC is bugged and it does not delete the file. Or then you don't log out, just kill the client =)

// Wannabe

\\Fényx//
11-11-03, 21:36
Originally posted by Wannabe
Mine's only around 2k. So guess your NC is bugged and it does not delete the file. Or then you don't log out, just kill the client =)

// Wannabe

99% of the time the client kills itself... and generally takes win explorer with it

VVerevvolf
11-11-03, 21:38
Well, looks like Neocron likes creating big files...
http://mitglied.lycos.de/vverevvolf/ZwoelfTerrabyte.JPG
12thousand Terrabytes :eek:

craio
11-11-03, 21:47
Mine is 20mb... it keeps on repeating

BeginScene: Surfaces lost.
BeginScene: RestoreAllSurfaces failed...
EndScene: D3D EndScene reported D3DERR_SCENE_NOT_IN_SCENE. Ignoring Error.
DClearBuffers: D3DMain_RestoreAllSurfaces failed...

BaDDaSS
11-11-03, 22:34
Originally posted by Spectra260

u should send it in to KK, since they complain that they never get any error logs:D

They say that? rofl !!!

BaDDaSS
11-11-03, 22:39
Originally posted by Spectra260

They say that? rofl !!!

Scikar
12-11-03, 00:13
I think you're all using dodgy video cards. My D3DDrv.log file is precisely 1.43kB in size. :)

Cypher_Psy
12-11-03, 03:53
FFS thats either :: A shed load of errors or...
You need to run scandisk or simular :p
Looks like your Filetable is a little screwed :D