PDA

View Full Version : Idea: A few new Mob Uniques

Heavyporker
11-11-03, 19:21
Been mulling over this awhile, trying to make viable stuff. here goes.

- Make Bloodviper King either drop Viper Armor *OR* a TL 90 Poison Lance, the answer to the Chaos Queen FlameAvalanche, being superior in strength to a Poison Beam. This would be line of sight too, so quit your whining. We NEED a decent poison spell.

- Make a 120/120 Dragonfly boss out in the deep swamplands - north of Regants Legacy - in that disused G03 zone - THEN have it drop TL 90 natural-poison mod nailgun pistols. That means Poison Nails would be in the hands of pistoleros.

- Riflers need some loving too, perhaps. But what would truly make them happy? Perhaps an interesting type of damage? How about something TL 90, similiar to fusion rifles, but does poison damage. Perhaps a poison-spitball thrower, dropped from a 100/100 Regant Sniper.

- You know those Swamp Bull Warriors? How about a 60/60 or 70/70 Swamp Brawler, and upon dying, he drops a TL 70 Tree Root club, a *LOW TECH* melee weapon, simliar in application to a baseball bat - pure force damage. This would make melee more fun and viable, having an alternative to the Energy Soulblade.

Mob Uniques are great stuff and add a lot of fun and depth to the game! Let's put some more in, get things going!

Mr_Snow
11-11-03, 19:30
Poison lance is a no no for 2 reasons:
1. monks dont need more loving
2. moreimportantly whose going to use a line of sight monk poison spell when they have a non-line of sight one which is only 8 tls lower.

Nail guns are no as well because nailguns suck ass in general only are good as an irritant but they are very good at that.

I like the club idea but make it about tl 90 which is comparable or better then most melee rares and god knows melee needs loving.

The rifle would suck as a fusion, make it a sniper with poison darts would be better in my opinion.

Anyway generally nice ideas, but about 0% chance of them ever getting implemented though.

Vid Gamer
11-11-03, 19:33
I always find these types of ideas great, but one thing I have learned from the past is:

\
Originally posted by Mr_Snow
but about 0% chance of them ever getting implemented though.

Too bad, too.

Heavyporker
11-11-03, 19:35
*Poison lance is a no no for 2 reasons:
1. monks dont need more loving
2. moreimportantly whose going to use a line of sight monk poison spell when they have a non-line of sight one which is only 8 tls lower.*

APUs do need loving, and they WOULD use the higher TL poison because it'd be more damage upfront/tick, which would be badly needed thanks to all the antidotes

*Nail guns are no as well because nailguns suck ass in general only are good as an irritant but they are very good at that.*

Nailguns are pretty potent - huge knockback for making PSIs fizzle their casts, plus poison can hurt plenty when you stack it with high RoF.

*I like the club idea but make it about tl 90 which is comparable or better then most melee rares and god knows melee needs loving.*

Well, I said TL 70 to make it more accessible to midlevel meleeists, and besides, there just can't be too many spots in the swamplands where you could stick a high level mob unobtrusively. He'd have to have a fair bit of a herd around him for his harem too :D Tl 90 would be nice.

*The rifle would suck as a fusion, make it a sniper with poison darts would be better in my opinion.*

Well, thats one thing. But still, think of the cool GFX! Rifle with green poisonballs zipping out :D Poison darts could work.

*Anyway generally nice ideas, but about 0% chance of them ever getting implemented though*

Nope, I give it about 15% chance one will get implemented. 25% with strong community support.

Sefran
11-11-03, 19:45
i would LOVE that

Mumblyfish
11-11-03, 19:49
I'm no good at these idea threads... erm... yes.

Simply for the fact that Neocron needs greater weapon diversity. It would be nice to come up to a pistol PE, and not know if you're going to get a Liberator in the face, or a rare poison nailgun, or even a rare rocklet pistol. There's too much cookie-cutterness abound, so new tank weapons would be nice. They don't have to be better than the current weapons, just nice enough so that a sizable percentage of the population would think: "Hm... this looks nice... methinks I shall give it a gander".

Diversity = Win.

Heavyporker
12-11-03, 23:51
nice one mumblyfish.

yep, variety is the spice of life.

Leebzie
13-11-03, 01:11
I want my nailgun rifle...

or better the nailgun cannon ;)

EDIT : my new 'artists impression' of a nailgun cannon :p
http://www.firenewt.f2s.com/Images/Nailguncannon.jpg

Heavyporker
13-11-03, 05:49
it woudlnt be a nailgun cannon, it'd be a fucking ballista.

edit - (about like 55555559 peirce damage per hit and takes about five hours to reload (after each shot))

Keiron
13-11-03, 05:59
Originally posted by Heavyporker
edit - (about like 55555559 peirce damage per hit and takes about five hours to reload (after each shot))
Add stupidly high amounts of range and... You have a Silent Hunter! All jokes aside thou, I would rather see some sort of AoE rifle (mostly for freaking out people, I could care less if it was decent in PvP). I like all the ideas thou, hope KK throws some of these in... some day...maybe...PLEASE!

Heavyporker
13-11-03, 18:16
We're talking about mob uniques here, guys. Don't worry, it's not a nerf post nor a power monks up post. Move on.

*steers speakers back on topic*

And there's already one mob unique that does AoE - the Judgement Day Launcher. Since it's in line with what people already have from the stores, it wouldn't raise much furor.

But giving AOE to riflers, known for their range and singl-target accuracy, could cause some ugliness.

That said, what could be used as the basis for the AoE rifle? Maybe make it a fusion rifle, that takes fusion cannon ammo, and hence, would do area damage? Simple enough to implement, I suppose.