PDA

View Full Version : Improving TechHaven

gizmojack
11-11-03, 19:03
2 main Improvements that I feel TH should have.

INCREASING TH PLAYER ACTIVITY
Players usually frequent an area for 2 reasons.
A) For lvling
B) For trade

(A) For lvling, I propose:
1) Low lvl mobs -> sec2 - TH archer core
2) Mid lvl mobs -> sec2 - HEW core
3) High lvl mobs -> a bunker outside TH where warbots spawn often.

(B) For trading, I propose:
Put a GR in TH sec 3 and make sec-3 a SAFE zone.

With points A and B fufiled, TH will be swarming with ppl.

SECURITY
Put some god damn guards to kill hostile factions in TH already.
OR
At least give us ONE safe zone to do our shit in peace. E.g TH-sec3 - note point B above.

-Giz :cool:

ezza
11-11-03, 19:05
id say better noob leveling areas out there, and maybe some security that actually moves, unlike the stupid bots you do have.

though dont make it impossible to raid or ill just have to go to MB more often:p

superfresh
11-11-03, 19:18
This is pretty much what I'd like done as well, especially high level mobs to attract more people, and the section 3 trade zone.

The little wind-up bots are a disgrace. Stick some of those treaded Scout Units in there. ;)

gizmojack
11-11-03, 19:25
Originally posted by superfresh
This is pretty much what I'd like done as well, especially high level mobs to attract more people, and the section 3 trade zone.

The little wind-up bots are a disgrace. Stick some of those treaded Scout Units in there. ;)

Yes, I'd rather have one J5 patrolling TH instead of all the current TH bots combined. I've seen hostile factions put their LE in and use our "security bots" to lvl. Its darn embarrassing. One J5 would whoop all their asses.

Heavyporker
11-11-03, 19:29
No. Only hoverbots should be flying around in the area surrounding TH. Warbots were from DoY, against Neocron, and they've been attacking MB for one reason - CMs support NC (atm). TH is presumably neutral to DoY. PLUS - Wbs are just one zone out from the TH sectors, so why bring themin any closer?!?!

Now, TH really needs an tweak in the way the newbie mobs spawn in the cores - let's do it this way - set mob spawns only in the areas BEFORE you get to the hack doors - AND, put shitloads of equipment, refreshment, armor, weapon boxes in the areas past the hack doors - sorta like a storage depot, and you're hacking into them. This would VASTLY improve things, and actually make leveling (for the first 10 - 20 INT levels) through hacking viable. oh - no PSI boxes - that wouldn't fit in the sorta anti-crahn tinge of Tech Haven.

Why worry about ppl getting rich from hacking? It's a lot of work, plus you gotta get past the mobs, plus they don't get as much return the higher they get in hacking, plus at a point, they can't level shit from hacking lowbie hackboxes, plus they can get way more from doing/hacking wbs and hoverbots!

Mr_Snow
11-11-03, 19:35
I think FA are going to be hostile to DOY, even though they are classed as DOY friendly atm, ever seen a DOY bot as a FA?....they are red so I presume that they are going to start ganking FA whenever DOY gets implemented.

Sec 3 would be nice as a trading zone all we have to do then is convince people to use it.

Bots, goddamnit we need better security something that might kill someone one day not the stupid tin cans that are there as decorations or easy levelling.

Heavyporker
11-11-03, 19:37
Just make those security bots dual gatling mounted and increase their agressiveness AI, make more spawn, make them move as teams better.

Basically, put DoYbot AI into them. FA are supposed to be ubver with programming/cybernetics/robotics, so make that reflect in their defenses.

QuantumDelta
11-11-03, 19:40
Originally posted by Mr_Snow
I think FA are going to be hostile to DOY, even though they are classed as DOY friendly atm, ever seen a DOY bot as a FA?....they are red so I presume that they are going to start ganking FA whenever DOY gets implemented.

Sec 3 would be nice as a trading zone all we have to do then is convince people to use it.

Bots, goddamnit we need better security something that might kill someone one day not the stupid tin cans that are there as decorations or easy levelling. They're not to me...

I like the ideas :p

Hovers over WBs though...

Rachius
11-11-03, 19:47
How about Warbots RIDING Hoverbots? :p

Tech Havens security has needed beefing up since Beta 4 (before - i have no idea) But the most we got was a slightly faster gun on the bots that was a bit stronger. Like Heavyporker said, FA are masters at cybernetics and so on, so the bots that are there now are just a joke.

A safezone sector would be a good idea. If its TH3, definately put a GR there.

Whilst on the subject. Any chance of putting the internal compass back? North is south inside TH... head south to the TH3 sector and exit to the Northern exit oO Guess its just one of TH's little quirks ^_^

Mr_Snow
11-11-03, 19:50
Originally posted by QuantumDelta
They're not to me...

I like the ideas :p

Hovers over WBs though...

Oh must of killed way too many FA TG Crahn and BD in my time.

Hovers are cooler then WBs but they have to fix the not being able to hack without running around like a headless chicken poking the dead Hover in places your not meant to bug and they have to make it that 90% of hovers dont land in trees like they do now.

KimmyG
11-11-03, 20:23
Originally posted by Rachius
A safezone sector would be a good idea. If its TH3, definately put a GR there.

Most ridiculos Idea I have ever seen. Last thing this game needs is an other pepperline.

ghandisfury
11-11-03, 20:41
Actually, I think that there should be NO safe zones in the game at all. Especially not TH.

Mumblyfish
11-11-03, 20:43
Originally posted by ghandisfury
Actually, I think that there should be NO safe zones in the game at all. Especially not TH.

At least I have my LE. It keeps me safe and warm when complete bastards like you try to spoil my lovely PvMocron. ;)

Edit: Smiley added for clarity.

g0rt
11-11-03, 20:45

I agree. DOWN WITH SAFE ZONES

ghandisfury
11-11-03, 20:47
Originally posted by Mumblyfish
At least I have my LE. It keeps me safe and warm when complete bastards like you try to spoil my lovely PvMocron. ;)

Edit: Smiley added for clarity.

When have I ever killed you? HAR HAR (don't get me wrong.....I've thought about it):p

superfresh
11-11-03, 21:06
No safe zones is fine if you're making a new server, i.e. Neptune.

As far as existing ones go, they give tradeskillers a place to do their stuff. I don't see why tradeskillers should be REQUIRED to be able to use weapons. After all, "it is up to you whether you want to experience exciting adventures or just lead a normal life in this virtual world."

There are plenty of places where fighters can do their thing. The only places for tradeskillers to work is in the city. One in TH sounds good to me.

Keiron
11-11-03, 21:14
Pre-DOY
Tradeskillers - Plaza 1
After-DOY
Pro-city Tradeskillers - Plaza 1
Anti-city Tradeskillers - TH3

Mumblyfish
11-11-03, 21:19
Originally posted by Keiron
Pre-DOY
Tradeskillers - Plaza 1
After-DOY
Pro-city Tradeskillers - Plaza 4 - Xenon Mall

Fixed.

iainy13
11-11-03, 21:19
Didnt th used to have tons of lazer turrets everywhere? Even in the start of retail? I member walkin in an they where everywhere. Like hundreds of em in th.

Jest
11-11-03, 21:48
Improving TH? One word. 'Strippers.' :eek:

superfresh
11-11-03, 22:03
Originally posted by Jest
Improving TH? One word. 'Strippers.' :eek:

ew.

*pictures cyborgs in thongs*

Shiver.

;)

Archeus
11-11-03, 22:12
no safe zones.

GR in TH SEC3 at the shops - YES

Move TH SEC2 GR (A) to the Town Hall area. This gives more spread out entry/escape points.

Put extremly high power turrets around the genrep that attack enemy factions. Enemy factions shouldn't be allowed to just Genrep in. The high power turrets would hurt them when entering/leaving.

Also open up the underground entrance to TH (dont know why it is closed).

amfest
11-11-03, 23:09
Heh remember back in beta when it was pure hell to get to TH cause of all the hovers .. . they tended to group up all over the place .. it was kinda like trying to avoid the DOY bots . . the way it is now ... any 0/2 character can make the run . .. well just have to get by those uber dragonflys . . but once you make it to the mountain area . no problem . . . . i say bring back the terror of hovers there again . . . . . I dont' know if it was some bugged hover on the ground or something but I thought i recall there also being something on the ground that had giant metal like arms sticking out of it .. . .. . it was fricking move very fast forward and slam them down on the ground .... it was very hard to tell . . should of taken screenshots then .. . lol . anyone recall something like that? . .. could of been a hover buried in the ground .. but to explain the arm like things sticking out and the quick movement .. . it was a sprint like movement .. move to another spot like a sling shot .. . stay there for a moment . . sling shot! ..

ghandisfury
11-11-03, 23:27
I don't see why tradeskillers should be REQUIRED to be able to use weapons. After all, "it is up to you whether you want to experience exciting adventures or just lead a normal life in this virtual world."

Unfortunately tradeskillers *can* be unethical....it's just part of the game. They can steal your stuff, trade the rares you gave them to ID and give you crap ones, they can build a five slot weapon and decide to keep it for themselves. So, if they have a *choice* to do things to you that are not ethical, you should have a choice on whether or not they live;) . If there are no consiquences to them being dishonest.......then there should be no consiquences for us being of different faction. Just my oppion.

Jest
11-11-03, 23:38
I wouldnt mind a safe zone in Tech Haven but Id probably prefer safe zones to be taken out completely even more. And believe it or not I like the only two GRs being in the same zone. The lack of security in TH is absurd. I mean a mortal enemy to FA can just GR right into the middle of base and there are no guards in the entire section. What the hell is up with that? When you kill people at any other faction HQ in the entire game then you also have to deal with NPC guards, which is the way it should be.

And my vote is still for turning a section of TH3 into a mini-Neofrag + strip joint. :) If I never had to set foot in Neocron again then I would be happy. I hardly even go there as it is cept to Neofrag and get my groove on in the Pepper Pub.

superfresh
12-11-03, 00:01
Unfortunately tradeskillers *can* be unethical....it's just part of the game. They can steal your stuff, trade the rares you gave them to ID and give you crap ones, they can build a five slot weapon and decide to keep it for themselves. So, if they have a *choice* to do things to you that are not ethical, you should have a choice on whether or not they live;) . If there are no consiquences to them being dishonest.......then there should be no consiquences for us being of different faction. Just my oppion.

I don't think this is why the majority of people who ask for non-safe zones feel that way. No safe zones would turn tradeskillers into little bunny rabbits running for their lives all over NC, just the way TH is now. Tradeskillers would get mauled regardless of whether or not they are ethical, 24/7.

I'm not at all opposed to a server with no safe zones. Sounds spicy. But most if not all of the current servers evolved with a strong community of active tradeskillers. They interact with the NC community at large, which has its own appeal, and level and earn their money that way. I have a tradeskiller on Saturn who has no combat skill. It IS possible to function as a pure tradeskiller, albeit time consuming. They just need a place to do it. Why not one in TH? :)

Shadow Dancer
12-11-03, 00:06

Hrmmm, interesting way of looking at it. And i agree.

Lethys
12-11-03, 00:37
1. FA is, and will be allied to DOY.
2. Just spawn some of the Y reps with redeemers that they have on Venus :D

greploco
12-11-03, 01:50
I posted a thread like this, the string of comments resembles some of this

http://neocron.jafc.de/showthread.php?s=&threadid=78720

KimmyG
12-11-03, 01:55
Pre-DOY
Tradeskillers - Plaza 1
After-DOY
Pro-city Tradeskillers - Plaza 1

Sure but no safe zone is the penalty of not being Pro-City

Keiron
12-11-03, 02:02
Originally posted by KimmyG
Sure but no safe zone is the penalty of not being Pro-City
This is something I completely do not understand. Pro-city can't have it both ways "we can raid you but you can't touch us". Either both sides get safe zone or nether.

KimmyG
12-11-03, 02:04
This is something I completely do not understand. Pro-city can't have it both ways "we can raid you but you can't touch us". Either both sides get safe zone or nether.

Yes Pro city is the facet of power you cant walk right into the main area of power and start fighting.

amfest
12-11-03, 02:10
Yes Pro city is the facet of power you cant walk right into the main area of power and start fighting.

Anywhere in the world you can get to you can start fighting ... there is no magical force that doesnt' allow you to draw a weapon . . . that doesn't mean you won't get stomped by guards and such . . .

Keiron
12-11-03, 02:10
I'm trying not to argue here, but these changes would be implemented with DOY... DOY is Neocron's equal (or at least somewhat close).

ghandisfury
12-11-03, 02:22
I don't think this is why the majority of people who ask for non-safe zones feel that way. No safe zones would turn tradeskillers into little bunny rabbits running for their lives all over NC, just the way TH is now. Tradeskillers would get mauled regardless of whether or not they are ethical, 24/7.

I don't deny this, but at the same time the people that would chase around these tradeskillers aren't going to get much done for the next century....at one point or another that tradeskiller (or his alt) will get revenge. I also think you might be looking at this too much from the point of view that a tradeskiller would be all alone. This area would be a well populated area, and I'm quite certain that Mr john Q. tradeskiller is going to have ample protection.

The simple fact is a PKer can go out in the wastes and kill to his hearts content...do a few missions and "hide" in the city. There should be consiquences for all of your actions that you do in the game. Good or bad, right or wrong....I should have the choice to deal with a person as I will.....anywhere I will. Just my humble oppinion. I also like it the way it is ;) .

KimmyG
12-11-03, 02:26
I'm trying not to argue here, but these changes would be implemented with DOY... DOY is Neocron's equal (or at least somewhat close).

Maybe I wouldn't want that though

QuantumDelta
12-11-03, 02:38
Maybe I wouldn't want that though Maybe the Fallen Angels, TGs, and certain other factions would... though...

Jimbo2552
12-11-03, 06:14
Yeah, TH, and VR - everyone just hangs out in plaza1... in the past ive seen a few ppl hang out at TH sec2.. but again its random

gizmojack
12-11-03, 07:00
Originally posted by Jest

And my vote is still for turning a section of TH3 into a mini-Neofrag + strip joint. :) If I never had to set foot in Neocron again then I would be happy. I hardly even go there as it is cept to Neofrag and get my groove on in the Pepper Pub.

Best suggestion i heard so far. Would be reasonable to have neofrag in TH, its suppose to be into all this cyber stuff righT?

And strippers well... How about FEM bots like in austin powers?:lol:

Leebzie
12-11-03, 09:02
hmmm...no safezones. does sound more exiting...

I can just see it now though. ppu/apu team go into plaza 1...

that is NOT what I want to happen when im afk for a min, trading, havin my rares ressed/made... getting my pokes after being ganked...

Maybe thats just a little too far. However I am finding the SL penaltys are teh sux atm...