PDA

View Full Version : Psi Use

gizmojack
11-11-03, 17:27
Does PSI USE under INT really help increase duration/effect of ppu based spells?:confused:

I'm asking cause i'm wondering whether i need any for my PE.

Thx
-Giz :cool:

Oath
11-11-03, 17:30
Yes and No

Cypher_Psy
11-11-03, 17:33
PSI Energy: 0.65(65%) PPW + 0.1(10%) PSI + 0.15(15%) PSU

PPU Damage: 0.65(65%) PPU + 0.35(35%) PPW + -0.3(-30%) APU

APU Damage: 0.65(65%) APU + 0.35(35%) PPW + -0.3(-30%) PPU

PSI Range: 0.4(40%) APU/PPU + 0.4(40%) PSU

PSI Frequency: 0.4(40%) APU/PPU + 0.4(40%) PSU

From the skills guide :)

As you see PSU affects your Pool, Range and Frequency.

Dribble Joy
11-11-03, 17:38
Originally posted by gizmojack
Does PSI USE under INT really help increase duration/effect of ppu based spells?:confused:

It won't affect duration or the dmg on spells, but is usefull for run casting and mana pool.

gizmojack
11-11-03, 17:40
Originally posted by Cypher_Psy
From the skills guide :)

As you see PSU affects your Pool, Range and Frequency.

Which means that its useless if u are only using buffs like resist force, shelter/deflector, unless it affects buff duration.

So does it make your buffs last longer?

Cypher_Psy
11-11-03, 17:42
You need more PPU for that I believe, however it doesn't affect things such as the pistol/rifle etc boost spells duration as they are fixed length IIRC.

Dribble Joy
11-11-03, 17:44
http://neocron.ems.ru/weapon.html

ALL spells have fixed duration.

Only thing that affects s/d effectiveness is PPU an PPW.

ericdraven
11-11-03, 17:44
Originally posted by gizmojack

No.

The duration can't be increased at all.
The "effect" (damage) can't be increased with PSU either (only with PPU and PPW).

PSU only affects range, frequency and your PSI pool.

JackScratch
12-11-03, 06:17
acording to the various module lists that give thaqt kind of detail. Duration is na constant. Each module that has a duration, will have the same duration for anyone that casts it. I believe this to be true based on my experiences.

XanX
12-11-03, 06:37
Only way to effect the length of S/D is to crouch, but I'm sure you wouldnt want to do that all op fight :D

JackScratch
13-11-03, 00:55
where did you get that from. That is the first time I have ever heard that. Please, this isn't realy a chalange, I would like to know your sources.

ino
13-11-03, 07:52
Jack scratch if you are reffering to the crouch thingy that makes buffs last longer it's tru. It's a pain in the ass in a big team to try and time buffs on ppl. especially tanks with male and db's always crouching. Im not entierly sure on how much longer the buffs are in but it feels like it atleast doubles the lasting time vs my own when Im just standing up and others that are upright players :) I can cast shelter on my self almost 3 times before casting on a crouched player. same goes for heal lasts longer. But I dont know if a holy heal for instance heals more on a person who stands up for 15 seconds vs a guy crouching for 30.

QuantumDelta
13-11-03, 07:57
It's either 1.5 or 2x the duration if you crouch.

However, heal ticks seem to be effective adversely by crouching (meaning that if you crouch....sure your heal lasts longer but it heals you slower, gives you the same amount of HP as you would have gotten anyway, but over a longer period of time...good in some spots, bad in others....)

Shadow Dancer
13-11-03, 07:59
Originally posted by QuantumDelta
It's either 1.5 or 2x the duration if you crouch.

However, heal ticks seem to be effective adversely by crouching (meaning that if you crouch....sure your heal lasts longer but it heals you slower, gives you the same amount of HP as you would have gotten anyway, but over a longer period of time...good in some spots, bad in others....)

Are you absolutely positive about that?

I noticed healing more with TL 3 heal when I crotched.

QuantumDelta
13-11-03, 08:02
Looks like we'll need to test it, but generally, I gave up trying to test this after PPU random damage.
If it's been removed like they said then we can do it, but I can't remember if it was infact removed or not.

Generally this is most definatly the way it used to work, because I observed it on multiple occasions, it's the reason my PPU VERY Rarely kneels. (Sometimes when casting rezz under heavy fire to prevent me from moving, if I can avoid kneeling even when rezzing under heavy fire though, I will)

JackScratch
13-11-03, 19:18
If this is true, then I can think of a lot of places and times that it would be most useful. however why have I not heard anything about it till now?

QuantumDelta
13-11-03, 19:20
Possibly because you don't listen? :p

I was told about this at patch level 165 ish, and have used it a few times since then, but meh...

JackScratch
13-11-03, 19:28
OK Delta, lets not get personal, I have contributed greatly to the pool of knowledge of NC and monks. I pay a lot of attention, and while I may not spend time on the test server or run constant PvP situations, Im as deep in the game as anyone.