PDA

View Full Version : Need advice on leveling a PPU (currently has psi 96 with imps)

Andronicus
11-11-03, 13:36
(base psi is 80). Just wondering what the most effective way to level my ppu at this point is.

Wannabe
11-11-03, 13:38
Go caving with tanks who use AOE and apus who use barrels.

// Wannabe

\\Fényx//
11-11-03, 13:43
Get a team of 2 APUs with a rank close to yours, and goto either swamp caves, graves, or the CC Caves at catlock, you can clean up 2-3 mil psi a run there when their barreling :)

Wannabe
11-11-03, 13:45
Better shelter the apus because they die to their own barrels sometime =)

But yeah, barreling apus = the best exp. Both INT and PSI wise.

//

greendonkeyuk
11-11-03, 16:59
they would be noob apus then wannabe. :lol:

Also Damage boost sanctum along with the above works quite well. It doesnt last all that long but if you lay it down jus before the apu barrels it can be very effective.

Wannabe
11-11-03, 17:11
Damage boost sanctum actually works now? It's a forgotten spell for me =)

And yes, try to out-run 20 barrels when you don't have legs :D

// Wannabe

JackScratch
13-11-03, 04:07
you and a barreling APU in the Chaos caves or swamp caves is good. If you do the swamp caves take an antidote. Also youll want to work up your INT. Helping a comprable rifle spy level any where will help you there, and they will be most grateful. There is another one that I used to like, and Im going to kick myself for giveing this away. I would go to the El Farid underground. Lure a couple of the giant scorpions into the pits, 3 in one pit will do nicely. If you can get 3 per pit in more than one pit thats just gravy. Then you DBsanctum and lay a ton of HolyParashockBarrels into the pit, while doing your best to stay out of most of the mobs sight. This will give you mega monster holy crap exp. How, you will be doing steady damage to 20 or 30, 3 star mobs. Itll take you forever to kill them all, but thats OK, because you will be getting exp per hit. The side benifit will be that if you do this for a while, you will make pretty good cash.

Now the downside. Been to ElFarid lately? Don't know about the other servers, but it has been screwed up, and inaccesible, for a while now. You can't get into the underground.

If you do get down there, take the best firebelt you have, and watch your Healsanctum, Shelter, and maybe Deflector (not sure if they do force/pierce or not). They will keep you alive. There is some mighty hot fire in the underground.

fatwreck
13-11-03, 04:12
gaya mine... fire mobs around there. no better XP in the game that ive found for monks

Drexel
13-11-03, 06:00
El farid will be open again next patch (its now fixed on test server)

How does Damage Sanctum work ? Im a PPU & never used it

Keiron
13-11-03, 06:02
Originally posted by Drexel
How does Damage Sanctum work ? Im a PPU & never used it
It works... for killing team/clanmates and looking l33t in Plaza 1:p

Scikar
13-11-03, 15:03
DB sanct used to be a handy spell for hybrids. Can't see much use for it now though.

JackScratch
13-11-03, 19:24
DB sanctum is exactly what it sounds like it is. It is a Damage boost in sanctum form, meaning it damage boosts everything in an erea of effect ofver a period of time. And yes, it is almost completely useless. The only time I would ever suggest you use it is in the aforementioned underground. Its advantage there is that you are alone, and atempting to damage many mobs at once with the pathetic damage from your para barrel. You cast DB sanctum there and it DBs every mob in your AoE. The only way yopu could posibly DB 30 mobs at once. I am not in any way recomending its use anywhere else that does not share these conditions.

SovKhan
13-11-03, 19:29
since ppu's getting a nerf give us a parashock sanctum. lmfao jk

JackScratch
13-11-03, 19:32
Who the hell said PPUs are getting a nurf? Damnit, this is just the crap I have been talking about. Bunch of people with no clue complain about something and they screw the damn game up. I am so sick of this garbage.

SovKhan
13-11-03, 19:34
look at the testserver patch notes newbie.

- Reduced range for Beam spells.
- Reduced damage for Freeze spells, but the effect stays the same.
- Increased mana consumption for Freeze spells.
- Increased cast time for Freeze spells.
- Increased cast time for Resurrection spells.

"Damnit, this is just the crap I have been talking about. Bunch of people with no clue complain about something and they screw the damn game up. I am so sick of this garbage."

-back at ya [ edited for violation of the forum rules - flaming ].

Scikar
13-11-03, 21:10
And how exactly was that a PPU nerf? Ah yes, the damage and cast rate of parashock are critical to your existance aren't they? :rolleyes:

SovKhan
13-11-03, 21:18
parashocks i could give a fuck about. did you even see the rez nerf lolz. sigh.

Scikar
13-11-03, 21:29
Yes I did, and I still don't see it as a nerf. It's not like PPUs rely on their team a great deal is it?

JackScratch
13-11-03, 23:17
Gee, isnt calling me a newbie and a moron a direct flame? This is crap, yes the stuns are important, At least the didnt lessen the stun effect, but the longer cast time and the shorter range suck, and they better not screw with holy parashock bolt, its all we freeking have. If the damage is cut on holy para bolt, then there will be know way to hunt. PPUs will be level and offinsively screwed completely, there wil be no way to hunt at all. This is a steaming pile. Like I said, a bunch of people without a clue bitch and moan and then KK comes along and screws up the game just a little more.

Scikar
13-11-03, 23:21
What do you think Soul Clusters were put in the game for?

Shadow Dancer
13-11-03, 23:24
Jackscratch, do you PvP?

JackScratch
13-11-03, 23:25
Spoken like someone who has never used a soulcluster. Soulclusters were put in the game to lower PPUs SL. The chances of killing a mob you get exp from with one is about as likely as people stopping the Nerf whines.

Yes, I PvP, no I dont Random PK. And when I say I PvP, I mean I support for PvP.

Scikar
13-11-03, 23:44
Originally posted by JackScratch
Spoken like someone who has never used a soulcluster. Soulclusters were put in the game to lower PPUs SL. The chances of killing a mob you get exp from with one is about as likely as people stopping the Nerf whines.

Yes, I PvP, no I dont Random PK. And when I say I PvP, I mean I support for PvP.

I use them all the time, once you learn that you cast on a mob in order to make the SC attack it, you find they're actually not too bad.

Also, a regular argument of PPUs is "we are allowed to be invulnerable, cos we have no offense." If you want an actual attack, then you have to sacrifice your defence. And I can imagine the whining when that happens.

LVirus
14-11-03, 09:09
Originally posted by Scikar
What do you think Soul Clusters were put in the game for?

I know! To amuse people, to amuse monsters, [ edited for violation of the forum rules - posting a possible exploit ]

JackScratch
15-11-03, 04:57
Uh, you lose SL for SC kills. And to say that SCs are a viable offensive weapon is just silly, it's like saying that holy para bolt is one. Neither is worth a damn, it's just the best we have, and stun is about as support a support weapon as there could possibly be. I have the 90/90 SC, it is OK, but hardly a weapon for killing mobs apropriot to my level or PvP. It's great for killing newbs with bad attitudes, but thats about it. It does crap damage against runners and attacks when it gets around to it, even if you know "THE BIG SECRETE ABOUT SCs". Im sorry but Ive done PvP with a capped PPU, and apart from Spies, who are made of paper and they are pretty tough for a PPU, takes about 10 min and they usualy stealth in that time. Everyone else can easily outheal a capped PPUs damage if their resists arent retarded.

phunqe
15-11-03, 17:25
I capped my ppu with a clan spy.

Spy using xray armour (the prototype) and then we went hunting DoY units. Very good xp and very good cash when selling the parts.
And it's fun as well :)

2-3 bots at a time is a good going rate.