PDA

View Full Version : FFS KK

Birkoff
11-11-03, 09:15
Before hand no i aint complaining at SXR, was best OP fights ive had in ages.

<rant>
FFS KK GET THIS FUCKING GAME SORTED, THERES SO MANY FUCKING SMALL BUGS THAT PISS EVERYONE OFF ITS FUCKING SHIT, talking as a ppu...

U cant cast of hill cuz spells fiz, U cant right click half the fucking time, PA is on but it rarely comes in to effect if u have the exact number, sometime u cast spells and they dont appear (even if u dont alt tab), spells NEVER FUCKING work if u alt tab. Servers whcih rarely have the same ammount of ppl on as it did 3 months ago lag TO FUCKING SHIT 99% of the time...

Recently I've started syncing for no fucking reason.. sitting there minding ur own business or sheltering after debuss and u jsut fucking sync for no rason.... i mean wtf that never used to happen... happened liek 4 times at redrock 2day luckily 3 times i wasn't that effected but once i died... and once due to a fucking hill

Get it fucking sorted.. I'm not even mentioning FREs which happen like every 10 minutes

*banned and deleted*

Can't get out own say eh :)

No I'm not being rational... I've played this gmae for nearly a year and it was in beta for god knows hjow long and there so many god dam small bugs its STUPID.

</rant>

PS Apart from all that shit, good fight 2day at redrock 2day SXR :)

Pi-Oh-Pah
11-11-03, 09:25
Yup the bugs are becoming unbearable :mad:

Birkoff
11-11-03, 09:27
Oh yea, wrong thread, stupid subject, 30 millionth time its been mentioned and probably will in there *koff* monthly patch due this week but do sommin about para its stupid :)

g0rt
11-11-03, 10:10
Originally posted by Pi-Oh-Pah
Yup the bugs are becoming unbearable :mad:

Its not that theres many huge bugs anymore, although there still is SOME (like NeoChick losing all her stuff for example), but its the small bugs that get more and more, and MORE annoying.

I think personally alot of the bugs aka sync, zone crashes, fatals, etc are due to lag...plain and simple. As far as the people I know and talk to go, the lower the ping, the less crashes.

I ping 130-150 all the time, im in North America. I get fatals multiple times a day, sometimes upwards of 20 fatals in a long session of gaming, sometimes not as bad. But compared to a good friend of mine in the UK who gets a 30-40 ping, I crash a hell of alot more. Theres other examples like this.

The servers should be soemthing like this:

Name / Language / Location

Jupiter / German / Germany
Venus / French / France
Saturn / English / UK
Uranus / English / USA
Pluto / English / World (hosted wherever)

Not exactly like I have there, but you get the idea. The servers should be local to the majority of people playing on them.

RayBob
11-11-03, 10:10
I have to agree, the fatals and lag are worse than ever.

Birkoff
11-11-03, 10:36
I ping usually at 25-35 and i get 60-80 FPTS in the average place.... I fatal all the time

El Barto
11-11-03, 10:59
Yeah, they need to fixed, deffinatly the one where u synch for no reason.

Berzerker
11-11-03, 11:52
I second the motion

Fix the fucking thing. Forget Monkocron. We got Lagocron.

-FN-
11-11-03, 12:19
Um o_O sorry? I didn't really get some of that post, I think some was deleted?

But yeah, those were heartpounding fights guyd :) I totally enjoyed them, even tho I was stressed out of my mind. We had been fighting all day and were tired, so we never thought any of that would go as it did, but it was definitely one of the *hardest* fought battles ever. I'm glad you guys enjoyed it tho. I honestly, felt kinda bad after :(

As for ping, I'm always over 100 :( Lucky Euros!

Ivory
11-11-03, 14:57
wtf fight?

bah need to stop sleeping i'm missing all the good fights :mad:

t0tt3
11-11-03, 15:01
No no no dont u see its the new nerf to PPU:s :rolleyes: :D
Instead of balance it just destroy it with lagbugs :lol:

greendonkeyuk
11-11-03, 16:35
Originally posted by Birkoff
I ping usually at 25-35 and i get 60-80 FPTS in the average place.... I fatal all the time

my numbers are the opposite way around... average of 75 ping and about 10-30 fps and i rarely fatal any more. Usually only when i change characters (on uranus of all places). Usually its jus the lag that pisses me off but fatals dont seem to be a problem.
Although i do agree LAG is a bitch, but its chicken and egg aint it. They wanna upgrade dbs etc but it all costs money. With numbers subscriber numbers "falling" turnover is affected of course. Im not defending them as i too have problems and get insanely pissed off with it some times too but from the info you posted it seems like these fatals are random. i dont know enough about pcs and the internet tbh to comment much but thats the impression i get.

Ascension
11-11-03, 18:19
Well, These Main bugs are about.. But there are sum minor bug fixes cuming soon " TEST SERVER" patch notes;)

icarium
11-11-03, 19:07
its got worse since the "essential server maintenence" , they have downgraded the servers IMO. would account for the massive increase in synching and fatals i have had since the "maintenence" also the lag has been stupid at times. its not just me because i ask buddies and they are all lagging at same time. this is saturn btw.

when (if) DoY comes out and we get a load of new players i think the servers will fall on their arse

Bladepoint
11-11-03, 22:01
Not sure what the problem is since the post seems to have been edited O_o I'm guessing it might have something to do with the casting bug that makes you slide downhill and fizzle? If so, that sucks. A lot of the stuff that irritates me about NC synch errors, FREs etc isn't too bad if you take each incident on its own; but there's so many of them and they happen so often that it really gets annoying. As for the ping I've noticed some really bad days lately. There's been about 2 or 3 days this month when I was hitting 1000-3000 ping when I usually get about 150.

PS Well fought DARK. It was very close and we went into panic mode more than once during that series of battles.

kurai
11-11-03, 22:06
Just an idle thought ...

NC has been on retail release for a year now, and server/rack rental/leasing areements are usually on yearly contracts.

I wonder if KK have tried to reduce costs by lettig "excess" server/bandwidth capacity go, what with the lower populations ...

Hrmmm ...

Birkoff
12-11-03, 01:54
Few good posts there, and about the server things i agree :/

Sorry about the language and atitude i was jsut pissed that i died TWICE, first was b/c i was on a hill and couldn't cast heal and 2nd was b/c i got a "syncronizing" and had to relog (dead)

Grrr pissd me off.

I hope that WHEN DOY comes out in... Febuary *sigh*... it will make the money that KK intended to in the first place hence upgrading... i also hope that the new player will stay to find out what this game can be like..... pisses me off it has so much pertential and that its going no where it seems.

SirSensi
12-11-03, 04:08
This is my theory on Fatals....

Recently, I've went to www.g0dsoft.com to dl one of his great PvP movies, while there I discovered a link that I've never seen before... it was a misc link.... the page that popped up was a .exe of models for a 'skinning contest' that is either taking place now or has already been and gone.

I dl the .exe, extracted it, opened up MAYA UNLIMITED 5.0 and imported the .3DS file into my blank scene...

I was amazed that I had a actual player model from in the game... (A Male Tank)...
Also, included in the package were all the other player-based models (male and female) for every class...

I am a Modeler, and a amatuer animator (no, spelling is not my strongest skill) so I grab a few verticies around the mouth to attempt to open it...
to my supprise when i opened the mouth it all fell apart (the model broke) so... being a seasoned vet with the software, I used the undo command to put the mouth back to its resting position... then I selected all the verts of the entire model and then merged them...

so, for those that didn't catch that last bit of info... I basically seamed up the model, making it air tight.

My theory is this: We all get fatals from the client not so much because we cannot connect to the server, but so much that the engine cannot handle these stray verticies lying in space. I'm pretty sure that if you ask any progammer that does game engines (a weird lot I can assure you) they will probably tell you the same thing. The Game Engine cannot handle stray verts because it is mathematically calculating their psoition in space, at all times, and if they stray away from one another then the game engine cannot handle the arguments and does the next best thing, crashes.

oh, and this is my 100th post (yay)

icarium
14-11-03, 00:16
Originally posted by kurai
Just an idle thought ...

NC has been on retail release for a year now, and server/rack rental/leasing areements are usually on yearly contracts.

I wonder if KK have tried to reduce costs by lettig "excess" server/bandwidth capacity go, what with the lower populations ...

Hrmmm ...

ooh you are so cynical, but probably right :)

:angel: