PDA

View Full Version : [pluto]

Marx
10-11-03, 21:17
1.) Why do people hoarde rares? They're not trading cards, they're an easily replenished resource...

2.) Why do most people treat tradeskillers like crap whenever they can?

3.) Why do people congregate in Plaza 1, even though Plaza 4 is a mall (Officially "Xenon Mall")?

After spending 2 days trying to purchase parts for machina gloves - and getting scarily off price offers (i.e. 500k for 1 part); or being told that the person would only trade for other machina parts...

I'm rather put off.

Moving on, on the trade channels there's always alot of moaning about lack of skillers at key times - so I decide to play it nice and play as my super tradeskill alt for awhile.

I advertise "Repairing skill 173 (TL 346), Researching skill 180, no batch jobs (20+), Bring your own lube (Yakarma's, Plaza 4 - level 2)."

Now, instead of getting an influx of people - I get dm's saying "Come to plaza 1 dumbass". "Why aren't you in p1?" accompanied by people who altogether ignore my advertising and continue to spam p1 with "Need resser" "need repps". Marx was idling in the stock-X over medi.

wtf.

wtf.

:wtf:

Tickles
10-11-03, 21:20
That sucks. Tell them to get their asses to u if they want they're jobs done.

El Barto
10-11-03, 21:27
Tell them "If you want your damn jobs done without having to wait in Plasa 1 for hours spaming get ur fat a$$es to Plasa 4 or bugger off." I sure know I'd go to Plasa 4, I'd go there before Plasa 1, because Plasa 1 = sux0rs and Plasa 4 rules!

Down with Plasa 1!!! Down with Plasa 1!!! Down with Plasa 1!!! Down with Plasa 1!!! Down with Plasa 1!!! Down with Plasa 1!!! Down with Plasa 1!!! Down with Plasa 1!!! Down with Plasa 1!!! Down with Plasa 1!!! Down with Plasa 1!!! Down with Plasa 1!!! Down with Plasa 1!!! Down with Plasa 1!!! Down with Plasa 1!!! Down with Plasa 1!!! Down with Plasa 1!!! Down with Plasa 1!!! Down with Plasa 1!!! Down with Plasa 1!!! Down with Plasa 1!!! Down with Plasa 1!!! Down with Plasa 1!!! Down with Plasa 1!!!

Spectra260
10-11-03, 21:33
why is it some peoples mission lately to try and change the game, like making people move to other areas for tradeskilling, etc...

plaza 1 is perfectly fine, its a nice size open space thats got a yarkarma's, crytons, and everything else you need in a close distance. yes there are other sectors, like plaza 4 that would make more sence, but its been done in plaza 1 since for ever...regaurdless of it should be anywhere else, just live with it, its not like it makes that big of a difference anyways.

but about the rares, i agree that its annoying when trying to get something you need, like i need a HL, and i got money, but no one wants money, they only want the parts to there weapons...often i just log off mad for the day...

Ultima
10-11-03, 21:35
I tried this the other day, I hold our clans techs for trade but when you have Trade channel, Faction channel, Clan channel and local/zone channel in Plaza 1 you barely keep up with it along with DMing several ppl at once...

So I stood outside the TT clan apts in Plaza 4 shouting on Trade channel 'I have nearly all the techs ppl are crying for, just come to Plaza 4 and we'll make a deal'...

Did anyone come? about 2 ppl... One of which got sold some SRI parts for a good price - not 500k!

I reckon different zones should have boosts to certain skills, certain cafes should give +10 to research and others +10 to poking and so on. This might actually get ppl to use the lovely cafes and restaurants around the city.... I've mentioned all these ideas almost a year ago if not in Beta but I never got any response :rolleyes:

enablerbr
10-11-03, 21:37
LOL welcome to pluto. i used to advertise in the NC-skills channel. offering my research skill in plaza 3. i had very very few customers. take for example i once spent 5 hours sat there and i only had 3 customers. i gave up and moved my arse to plaza 1, advertiseing in local. thats when i started to get more customers.
as for the machina parts. i had no real problems getting my parts. took me 2 days and 1.4mil in parts + construction. though i had advertised that i'd pay 300k per part.

Ransom
10-11-03, 22:15
Leo right? was on my way to you before you logged O_o
Nevermind, next time

Ransom

Ascension
10-11-03, 22:20
First off..Ultima your sig made me laugh..

2nd We are tryin the change the game simply because it makes sense, and would be a great accomplisment if this happened..

P.s My spelling sucks;)

Ultima
10-11-03, 22:22
Originally posted by Ascention
First off..Ultima your sig made me laugh..

Good, I was waiting to see if the first response would be a funny one or a flame.

Ascension
10-11-03, 22:24
change ya Avatar.. it dont fit

Ultima
10-11-03, 22:26
Originally posted by Ascention
change ya Avatar.. it dont fit

you mean rip Nidhogg off even more??

I've kinda grown attached to meh Avatar anyway :)

Richard Adregen
10-11-03, 23:03
Nope, rip off tha Nid even more. The sig rocks, but the av should make it the finishing touch. FIX IT!

Back on topic: dieing should mean something, not just: "hey I died. wow. I'm dead... Hey wait, I'm back to life! Let's pull a trigger!". Rinse and repeat. that should NOT be death.

RA.

Jest
10-11-03, 23:24
Originally posted by Richard Adregen
Back on topic: dieing should mean something, not just: "hey I died. wow. I'm dead... Hey wait, I'm back to life! Let's pull a trigger!". Rinse and repeat. that should NOT be death.

RA. Hehe Rich I think that comment was meant for this (http://neocron.jafc.de/showthread.php?s=&threadid=81536) thread.

As for the original post.
1. I personally "hoarde" my rares but I do so because Id rather give them to a friend than sell them. I keep my eye out on the trade channels though and if some one is offering decent money for it (or if its a part I know I or my clan wont need) then I sell it. And rares are only worth as much as people are willing to pay. I would never apy 300k for a glove part either, but I bet some one would.
2. I know what you mean. They are taken for granted, which is why I only offer my research skills for my faction. Because personally I like to have fun in this game, and spending an hour on some ungrateful muppets res job only to get tipped less more than I spent on substance is not my idea of fun. ;)
3. Hellz yah. I spend almost all of my time in TH but Id definitely like to see a shift from P1 to P4.

FirestarXL
11-11-03, 00:05
1. Because the drop pool is so polluted that when you have parts that you think may be useful, you need to keep them because you can be sure that the next warbot will be overflowing with freezer weapon rares, or low level slot enhancer rares, or wyatt earp parts etc. Shit, I'd unload the full percentage of useless rares I have, but of course no-one wants them for that exact reason.

2. Yeah, I know exactly what you mean. That's why I never publically advertise my TL115 poker. It's not worth it.

3. Sometimes, even in the face of good reason to the contrary, tradition will overcome. And plaza 1 is one hell of a tradition to break.

joran420
11-11-03, 01:14
i dont usually publically advertise my TL 115 pokes either ...if i see ppl begging for pokes ill often poke them....but i definatly expect a tip(and a rather sizable one at that) but some times i have ppl come hunt me down for a poke and if the come to me(ie while lvling or whatever) i will poke for free but if u get a poke in any of the plaza sectors....u better fuckin pay me(unless u under rank 35, then its on the house)

IceStorm
11-11-03, 04:17
1.) Why do people hoarde rares? They're not trading cards, they're an easily replenished resource...
No, they're not. There's something behind rarepart distribution. If there wasn't, I wouldn't have 11 comps of Redeemer but only two or three of the other parts.

2.) Why do most people treat tradeskillers like crap whenever they can?
Because they can. I don't do work for people again if I'm not treated well.

3.) Why do people congregate in Plaza 1, even though Plaza 4 is a mall (Officially "Xenon Mall")?
Because PL1 is the heart of the city, connecting to PL2, PL4, PL3 and the subway. PL4 has no connection to a subway station and only connects to PL2 and VR1. It also lacks a parts vendor, a decent GR point near all the goodies, and requires verticle movement which is slow.

After spending 2 days trying to purchase parts for machina gloves - and getting scarily off price offers (i.e. 500k for 1 part); or being told that the person would only trade for other machina parts...
Because they're hard to find. I've got plenty of Recycle Machina Hulls and Techs, but no frames, no cores, no research machina parts, and I've pounded out 30 to 40 million DEX XP in Warbot/Warbot Titan/Decayed Horror/Decayed Brutes since the last patch.

Now, instead of getting an influx of people - I get dm's saying "Come to plaza 1 dumbass". "Why aren't you in p1?" accompanied by people who altogether ignore my advertising and continue to spam p1 with "Need resser" "need repps". Marx was idling in the stock-X over medi.

You may be in PL4, but the constructors, parts vendors, and pokers are in PL1. As to why people shout constantly, it could be because they don't see your shouts - they may have the channel unchecked. I usually DM people looking for tradeskills if I want to service their needs.

GambitFlame
11-11-03, 04:28
Plaza 4 > Plaza 1

kthx

Marx
11-11-03, 04:31
Originally posted by IceStorm
No, they're not. There's something behind rarepart distribution. If there wasn't, I wouldn't have 11 comps of Redeemer but only two or three of the other parts.

I'm talking about the folks who play "Magic: The Gathering" with their rares in order to sell them for higher amounts later on, not the average joe schmoe part collector.

Because they can. I don't do work for people again if I'm not treated well.

And when I don't work for people again, disinformation is spread. *glares at anonymous pluto players*

Because PL1 is the heart of the city, connecting to PL2, PL4, PL3 and the subway. PL4 has no connection to a subway station and only connects to PL2 and VR1. It also lacks a parts vendor, a decent GR point near all the goodies, and requires verticle movement which is slow.

The simple fact is, P4 is a giant mall while plaza 1 is a giant medi-care. A Market place is supposed to be gaudy and fashionable - Plaza 1 is not... It also gives many vantages for different people to set up shop - quite quaint.

Because they're hard to find. I've got plenty of Recycle Machina Hulls and Techs, but no frames, no cores, no research machina parts, and I've pounded out 30 to 40 million DEX XP in Warbot/Warbot Titan/Decayed Horror/Decayed Brutes since the last patch.

No, they're not rare, I recieved many-a-tell from persons willing to sell them, I however will not pay over 150K for a TL 60 'L' part.

Now I have two complete gloves, and I am content on this matter.

You may be in PL4, but the constructors, parts vendors, and pokers are in PL1. As to why people shout constantly, it could be because they don't see your shouts - they may have the channel unchecked. I usually DM people looking for tradeskills if I want to service their needs.

Today was a glorious day when we got a good chunk of skillers into Plaza 4. It was quite cool, and I hope it can be done more often in the future without prior arrangement.

The place contains one of every shop available, actually, it lacks a Yo's, but how many Pawn Shops do you find in malls? Not many.

I've been led to beleive that certain changes will be made to the vendor layout and gogo layout and blah blah layout and such to make the area more appealing - whether or not that occurs, and how soon it may or may not happen are unknown to me... Though I do beleive there are several players who do know.

;)

IceStorm
11-11-03, 04:33
For Plaza 4 to be superior to Plaza 1, it would have to offer everything Plaza 1 does and then some.

It doesn't.

Plaza 4 lacks a parts vendor, subway access, and access to a third zone. It also has awful exits to the other zones - to get TO Plaza 4 from Plaza 1 and Via Rosso 1 requires running up a stairwell. It's easy to leave Plaza 4 by jumping railings, but it's hard to get into.

Marx
11-11-03, 04:43
For Plaza 4 to be superior to Plaza 1, it would have to offer everything Plaza 1 does and then some.

It doesn't.

Plaza 4 lacks a parts vendor, subway access, and access to a third zone. It also has awful exits to the other zones - to get TO Plaza 4 from Plaza 1 and Via Rosso 1 requires running up a stairwell. It's easy to leave Plaza 4 by jumping railings, but it's hard to get into.

Ok, Subway access isn't that big of an issue... because a person can go one zone down and into the subway.

:p

ONOZ, 2 MINUTS OF TYME!1

Why is access to a third zone so vital?

I mean, its not like there's anything important in P2... Oh wait, it has the low TL A&W, HEW, and Aggy cellers.

Meanwhile - Plaza 4 has the Low and High tech A&W, HEW, Aggy Celler, Newbie Cellar, Crytons (where the buying monk dude will be changed soon according to rumor), Yakarma, Taylors Biochem, Medi-Care, Rokkawear, and a garriots diner.

In one zone alone - you have everything which people rely on 3 zones for (Plaza 1, 2 and 3.).

I fail to see how plaza 4 is defecient - it seems it's not a matter of right and wrong, but a matter of taste.

You prefer plaza 1 because the world has rotated around it for... about forever.

Welp - times change, and because of the wobble in the Earths axis; I do beleive a new time is nigh.

Ivory
11-11-03, 04:57
I like the idea of tradeskillers in different zones makes places look more busier instead of everyone just camping plaza 1 all the time.

Here's my beef

I want researchers in plaza 4
I want contructors in plaza 1
Pokers and repairers u guys can decide on which you want plaza 2 or 3 ;)

QuantumDelta
11-11-03, 05:10
Convenience is the mother of all sales.

Most marketers these days are very aware of that, it's the reason why one of ASDAs smallest stores is actually the worlds LEADING Super Market. (It's not even a Super Market anymore, they had to up it's classifcation, which I find really funny because when you compare it to the wal*marts it out sells it's hardly even a corner shop...yet, it does more straight sales than any store in the world, simply because, unless most other super markets it's embedded in a community, the community was built with it always being there, and people moved in and used it as a corner shop, so they shop there rather than driving 10 miles to go to a shopping mall).

If something is easier, people will always.....always, use that.
It's only if the actually have something to gain, or if they have a need, that they will go further than what is convenient...
...Just simple human nature.
And no, P4 does not have everything people need :p
The crytons there is messed up, the lifts are annoying to get to the shops as most people said the access to the zone is extremely annoying.

MALLS are just that, days out.

Convenience will always out sell a mall in 1for1... it's like trying to get water to flow upstream o_O

Marx
11-11-03, 05:13
The crytons there is messed up

will be fixed eventually.

the lifts are annoying to get to the shops as most people said the access to the zone is extremely annoying.

working on getting a bett4r modus of transport up the levels. Lotsa' work involved.

;)

MALLS are just that, days out

Makes sense for people to work at a Mall as opposed to a courtyard in front of a drugstore in this world - no?

o_O

IceStorm
11-11-03, 05:41
I'm talking about the folks who play "Magic: The Gathering" with their rares in order to sell them for higher amounts later on, not the average joe schmoe part collector.
You mean people who hoard to hoard? Most seem to want to get stuff built, so they hold them until they find someone who wants to trade for what they themselves need...

Ok, Subway access isn't that big of an issue... because a person can go one zone down and into the subway.

ONOZ, 2 MINUTS OF TYME!1

Why is access to a third zone so vital?
The original post was "Plaza 4 > Plaza 1". My point is it isn't if it doesn't offer all that Plaza 1 does and more. Plaza 1 is a major hub connecting all the Plaza zones together - you can get to 2, 3, and 4 from one zone, so it's only one zone away from all the other apartments in the Plaza zones. Plaza 4 is not, its two zones away from Plaza 2 and 3 - if you need a part, want to sell something, or trade, and you own a Plaza apartment to store the goods you use, Plaza 1 is one zone away from whatever plaza apartment you own, at the furthest. For some of us lucky bastards it's at the bottom of our Plaza Level 3 lifts. ;-)

Time matters. You're suggesting that a 2 minute timesink is acceptable when everything already exists in one zone? Why would we move?

No, they're not rare, I recieved many-a-tell from persons willing to sell them, I however will not pay over 150K for a TL 60 'L' part.
That's your perogative. I paid 750k for my constructor glove core. I may not pay that again, but I'll easily pay up to 250k for glove parts.

Now I have two complete gloves, and I am content on this matter.I've got all five gloves. Now I'm working on my second set of each, for spares. :-)

QuantumDelta
11-11-03, 05:47

Time matters. You're suggesting that a 2 minute timesink is acceptable when everything already exists in one zone? Why would we move?

This is most of what I meant in one line.

Convenience, is the best seller....

enablerbr
11-11-03, 05:51
well in beta plaza 3 used to be more lively than it has been in retail. something to do with crytons being on top of GR's. well least from a construction/research trade point.

Marx
11-11-03, 06:04
You mean people who hoard to hoard? Most seem to want to get stuff built, so they hold them until they find someone who wants to trade for what they themselves need...

There are three types of rare collectors.

1.) People who collect to build.

2.) People who collect... to trade... in order to build.

3.) People who collect, and collect... and collect in order to try and make lots of money real quick of those that are desperate enough to pay their asking price.

The original post was "Plaza 4 > Plaza 1". My point is it isn't if it doesn't offer all that Plaza 1 does and more. Plaza 1 is a major hub connecting all the Plaza zones together - you can get to 2, 3, and 4 from one zone, so it's only one zone away from all the other apartments in the Plaza zones. Plaza 4 is not, its two zones away from Plaza 2 and 3 - if you need a part, want to sell something, or trade, and you own a Plaza apartment to store the goods you use, Plaza 1 is one zone away from whatever plaza apartment you own, at the furthest. For some of us lucky bastards it's at the bottom of our Plaza Level 3 lifts. ;-)

*shrug* Don't get me wrong, we're all entitled to our opinion - and yours is just as valid if not more so than mine. I don't think everyone should suddenly change their habit and come to plaza 4.

I feel that we don't use the space provided half as efficiently as we could (i.e. my push for NPC repopulation of the wastes, mini-OP's in the OZ and IND sectors, etc.). Simply... Myself and several like minded tradeskillers will work out of plaza 4, not everyone has to - but we will. We feel that aside from having everything we need; its more asthetically pleasing.

That is - until we get booted out by the City Admin :wtf:

Because it makes more sense for people to work in a mall as opposed to an uncovered plaza in front of a medical center.

:)

That's your perogative. I paid 750k for my constructor glove core. I may not pay that again, but I'll easily pay up to 250k for glove parts.

2 gloves cost me 725k.

:D

LVirus
11-11-03, 08:43
Indeed, Plaza4 is smaller and got more services and thus got "Mall" feeling. But when one place turns to certain function for over year, soon 2 years in neocron life it's not an easy task to convert people come some other place.

In beta3/4 Plaza3 played bigger role than today it does but perhaps KK will make moves that makes Plaza4 to be heart of all trade -- Perhaps in distant future I can dream about player run shops .. *mmm me wets his pants*

But another issue is that when DoY comes and anti-CA's are kicked out of city, expect that to be death strike to Plaza1 :eek:

JackScratch
13-11-03, 04:51
This is perhaps the most ignorant thread I have ever seen. You guys have no concept of the laws of supply and demand. People hoard rares because they are more valuable than money. With a good tradeskill you can make lots of money, all you could ever need, and even without one, you can make all you need hunting, but if you can make the money that way, dont you think that the people who have all these rares can to, and if so, then why would they sell there rares for something they can get themselves? Use your damn heads. Rares are just that, rare, and you may be able to get a ton of them but because you dont need the frame part for every rare in the game, and nothing else, they still have great value. Now most people have clan pools going. What's in this pool? Well let's see, you have the rare parts for the rares people need, but since it is a clan pool, every valuable part will be used by your clan, and you have the junk parts, freezer weapons and the like. Now I ask you, what would you suggest be done with these junk parts? Tine is money buddy, I aint standing in some zone hawking my wares unless I think Im likely to make a sum that is worth my time, ans that freezer cannon part isnt it. Then there is the third problem. I hold my clans collection, and we have high multiples of various parts that are actualy valuable (6 Holy Lightning components, etc) But if I go do the tradeing thing I get bored out of my skull, cause most people arent interested in that crap, and don't bother participateing for the 2 above mentioned reasons. So it follows, I get bored and I quit. You want a change, make a change, but remember, you dont have a lot to work with, youre just stuck out in the cold.

As for Plasa 4, what are you, nuts? Plasa 1, gee, that would be the one, right in the middle of plasas 2,3,and 4, with a direct access to each, right? That would be the one with the aforementioned Yakarma, Diamond, buy all Yo's, Crychton's, and A&W in it, right? That would be the on with a GR and s Gogo right next to each other in the dead center of the main level, right? You want everyone to move to a different zone because there is a sighn on a building that says "mall"? You realy haven't thought this through, have you?