PDA

View Full Version : [Brainport] Resurrection

-FN-
10-11-03, 21:10
Callash has just said they are trying to stay away from the "sledgehammer" adjustments in the game so rez will not be taken away (not that I ever wanted it too, but I've seen it said before).

This is not a new idea at all, but I would like a thread stating this idea, this idea only, and discussion about ONLY THIS IDEA and nothing else monk related. PLEASE RATE THE THREAD FOR BRAINPORT USE!

A resurrected body should get 5-10% SI on a ressurection. I mean... the guy, yeah... he's DEAD. He stands up and poof is perfectly fine? If you GR, your cells are ripped apart and thrown across the map. You get SI. Makes sense. If you die, you should get some sort of penalty. Don't tell me *dying* isn't traumatic to your body.

At an OP war it's even worse because there is no belt drop so there is absolutely *no* loss or hesitation in resuming fire. At least with a Belt Drop you may drop your weapon or armor and have to pick it up before you're 100% effective again. All you have to do is not die on the front line and you will be rezzed over and over again. An entire attacking or defending team can be wiped out for all intents and purposes, but one rezzer can change everything by getting an APU up and buffed in 5 seconds. That defeats a lot of the purpose of even bothering to fight at times.

Please add some SI to resurrection spells in the next patch!

This could seriously balance soo many issues and add actual more skill than numbers requirement to the current styles of fighting!

Dribble Joy
10-11-03, 21:20
hmmmmm

This has been mulled over in the various monkeh nerf threads,

This and other changes could help make it possible to defeat teams with PPUs, especially PKing duos.

El Barto
10-11-03, 21:24
Good idea, I always thought that they needed to change that spell, but could never come up with a god idea for it, getting a small bit of Si is a good idea. I'd say depending on the stats of the spell dictate the Si you get, but the Si would never get to high.

Ultima
10-11-03, 21:27
yes I like this idea it certainly is worth a serious discussion about anyway .. 5 stars hope it goes to BrainPort

Pi-Oh-Pah
10-11-03, 22:06
Removal of Ressurection is a good idea - but the SI idea is a happy medium I suppose

enablerbr
10-11-03, 22:19
i'd go for the synap hit. it's not like you have to repoke yourself after rez.

Ultima
10-11-03, 22:30
had a think about it all, I like the synap hit idea on Rez..

But maybe there could be a much higher TL rez that high lvls could only use and took like a minute or sumink silly to cast that rezzes the person without synap.

it would stop ppl doing it so easily in OP battles but would give another option, just a thought thats all.

Maarten
10-11-03, 22:32
Getting a 20% synpatic hit when getting rezzed (and 10% for holy rez) wouldn't be a bad idea. It definetly would make players more "careful" when playing (PvM or PvP) since dying would suck.

Another option would be you pop a few imps when you DIE, not when you use a GR to spawn. This would make pokers needed on the battlefield much more... :)

Ressurection should NOT be removed, but I wouldn't mind if they changed something that would make players say "dying sucks!" even when a PPU is around. It would certainly result in a better team play in cave runs... :)

-FN-
10-11-03, 22:50
Originally posted by Maarten
Ressurection should NOT be removed, but I wouldn't mind if they changed something that would make players say "dying sucks!" even when a PPU is around. It would certainly result in a better team play in cave runs... :)

Yeah, that's basically the point and why this 'tweak' really needs to be introduced. Right now, dying DOESN'T suck and there's no reason in the world for anyone to give a sh!t if they die. If you kill the same person 10 times at an OP battle but can't sustain it because of an overwhelming number of PPUs or overall numbers, there should be somepenalty for dying. Like you said, playser need to be saying "dying sucks!", instead of "dying is cool! *drinks soda while watching rez*".

Spex
11-11-03, 00:11
Eh, he, nice "idea". Infact it was working like this back in beta and I have no clue at all why it is not like that now (talking about the rezzed one gets SI after the rez).

I dunno about how strong the SI hit should be though ... maybe comparable to a normal teleport via GR *shrug* (can't remember how it was in beta even though I used rez a lot back then).

Removing Ressurection or gimping it in any other way (like getting unbuffed when the rez starts) are not really good ideas at all.

Vampire222
11-11-03, 00:33
problem with mr fucknut is that hes too busy using ninja tactics to think about posting something normal, are you and shadow dancer related to eachother? you bot post 50 nerf threads each day

Ultima
11-11-03, 02:07
I remember the days before Synaptic Impairment was invented..

But that was also the days where on a quiet night a single ninja hacker could pwnz the map in an hour or 2 lol

ghandisfury
11-11-03, 02:15
I guess all I see this idea as is an unnecessary timesinc for hunting. Caves, MC5, and any other high level hunting party could be destroyed with SI added.

This could seriously balance soo many issues and add actual more skill than numbers requirement to the current styles of fighting!

I see SI to resserection being the death of a well formed team of five defeating twice (or sometimes more) it's numbers.

Instead of this I would like to see a tool added that would remove a dead person from battle. Not only would this NOT effect the hunting aspects of the game, but it would also give a good reason for spies or PEs to show up to battle.

\\Fényx//
11-11-03, 02:51
Originally posted by ghandisfury
I guess all I see this idea as is an unnecessary timesinc for hunting. Caves, MC5, and any other high level hunting party could be destroyed with SI added.

I see SI to resserection being the death of a well formed team of five defeating twice (or sometimes more) it's numbers.

Instead of this I would like to see a tool added that would remove a dead person from battle. Not only would this NOT effect the hunting aspects of the game, but it would also give a good reason for spies or PEs to show up to battle.

Bang on with what I was abouts to say...

QuantumDelta
11-11-03, 02:56
I'd prefer Ghandisfury's idea, to the original one.

Ryuben
11-11-03, 03:04
yeah some tool to tag the body and force it to bio tech's HQ where a body has been made ....the tool is illegal and u need to break into bio tech HQ....hack something...to get a BP...........then do something else to get parts.....then get it built by some dodgy geeza, storey behind the tool....meant to be used by BIO tech, tech's when a body fails to GR back after dead....its tagged the body and after 1 min the body is sent back to bio tech HQ

BAD BING BAD BOOM

I WIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIN

-FN-
11-11-03, 08:23
Originally posted by Vampire222
problem with mr fucknut is that hes too busy using ninja tactics to think about posting something normal, are you and shadow dancer related to eachother? you bot post 50 nerf threads each day

Will you grow up? We're posting SUGGESTIONS for improved gameplay. Sure, we could waste our day trolling a thread just to insult people and obviously not add anything worth a damn, but no, we're posting threads with worthwhile ideas to get the community's take on it.

And don't even get me started on tactics. Everyone on Pluto knows how full of BS you guys are. We've been having even back and forth fights this week and you go and remind me of how immature and rude your clan is. Thanks, almost forgot.

amfest
11-11-03, 08:57
LoL .. and then they go and talk about another idea in a thread you nicely asked to just keep it on the current idea .. if you like or not .. .

Anyhow .. I dont' think it's bad at all .. would make people have to regroup if alot of their group gets axed at one time instead of just popping right back up and insta fire again . . .

*decides to throw in his own idea
How about since people want just a pure FPS .. let's have it where you can still shoot the corpse and after so much abuse it blows up into gibs and your body is lost .. .only GR option now ;)
Let's borrow some more things from FPS games . . and corrupt them RPG style

\\Fényx//
11-11-03, 10:39
Originally posted by amfest
LoL .. and then they go and talk about another idea in a thread you nicely asked to just keep it on the current idea .. if you like or not .. .

Anyhow .. I dont' think it's bad at all .. would make people have to regroup if alot of their group gets axed at one time instead of just popping right back up and insta fire again . . .

*decides to throw in his own idea
How about since people want just a pure FPS .. let's have it where you can still shoot the corpse and after so much abuse it blows up into gibs and your body is lost .. .only GR option now ;)
Let's borrow some more things from FPS games . . and corrupt them RPG style

Thats one thing I suggested, preferably for melee aswell :p So then melee tankies have a use :D

Richard Slade
11-11-03, 10:46
How about this instead for all the crazy ideas:
Rezz = SI (Well Duh!)
Being a deader for more than 1min slaps you back to BT OR Primary Apt OR A pre-tagged GR
I mean come on, your a deader here and still you got time to choose
"Should I just wait with my dead body until a monkey comes by
Or should I just GR SOMEWHERE where I feel it's good?"
Personally that isn't my way of seeing a deader
A deader is.. Well... Dead... Finito.. Kaputt.. Gone.. Nyet..
But since our goot Bio Tech has been nice enough to give ANYONE
(Even enemies for some silly reason) the possibility to come back
With a little gene copying and switching and such, we should use it
But that doesn't change the fact that a deader is still a deader
Now I'll take gypsy blabber for 500 and STFU
I made my point, I hope

mehirc
11-11-03, 12:22
The only problem is the time a resurrection needs because you need more time to locate the PPU and alot more time to stop a PPU from doing it.

I think that most resurrected people are already not ready to fight immediatly because they are not buffed and stuff. There is no real need for SI.

Richard Slade
11-11-03, 12:46
Originally posted by mehirc
The only problem is the time a resurrection needs because you need more time to locate the PPU and alot more time to stop a PPU from doing it.

I think that most resurrected people are already not ready to fight immediatly because they are not buffed and stuff. There is no real need for SI.

Take Rez
Use Rez
Bring other PPU
Be ready with heal
When rezzed, cast heal,
and also have holy heal sanc on
Rezzing ppu switches to Defl
While other to shelt
Then first to resist
Second to weapon buff
Ready
This takes about 3-4 seconds after the rezz is done
And u aint gonna touch the rezzed guy that easy

\\Fényx//
11-11-03, 13:57
Originally posted by Richard Slade
Take Rez
Use Rez
Bring other PPU
Be ready with heal
When rezzed, cast heal,
While other to shelt
Then first to resist
Second to weapon buff
Ready

I bet my left nut you never complain when it happens to you tho :p

Scikar
11-11-03, 14:19
He may be unbuffed mehirc, but that doesn't stop him from immediately pulling out his HL (obviously HL because no other weapon is used at an OP war any more :rolleyes:) and start blasting away.

I say add synap and also add a tool to remove corpses. The tool doesn't stop the situation where defending clan constantly rezzes and attacking clan constantly rezzes, with nobody actually winning, because a spy can't get into the OP to use the tool. Whereas with synap, as the losses begin to mount and the SI on one side starts to build up, they are gradually weakened.

LVirus
11-11-03, 14:21
Yeah, SI after ress would rock. 5% with holy and 10% with nubie ress. There should be also that if you attack corpse more or put it to fire etc, its possibility to be raised lowers thus eventually when casted ress it will GR away instead of stand up .. a way to remove corpse \o/

mehirc
11-11-03, 14:37
Take Rez
Use Rez
Bring other PPU
Be ready with heal
When rezzed, cast heal,
While other to shelt
Then first to resist
Second to weapon buff
Ready

And with 3 PPUs you only need 2 sec 8|

You just need the time to locate a started resurrection and time to do something. Atm you dont have that time because resurrection is simply too fast.

If a resurrection would take lets say 15-20 seconds, every PPU would be careful because he cant support anybody else in that time and because he also must fear his own life in that time. I see no problem if the rezzed guy can shoot immediatly then.

deac
11-11-03, 15:02
Originally posted by mehirc
And with 3 PPUs you only need 2 sec 8|

You just need the time to locate a started resurrection and time to do something. Atm you dont have that time because resurrection is simply too fast.

If a resurrection would take lets say 15-20 seconds, every PPU would be careful because he cant support anybody else in that time and because he also must fear his own life in that time. I see no problem if the rezzed guy can shoot immediatly then.

agreed a ppu is dead meat while hes rezzing.. atleast if there are apus around... soo a small increase of the cast time would balance rez

Richard Slade
11-11-03, 15:43
Originally posted by \\Fényx//
I bet my left nut you never complain when it happens to you tho :p

It doesn't, I'm allied with them *muhaha*
Not many do this actually.
Just us
So no, I never complain about it
And if it would.
Obliterator
You owe me your left nut

greendonkeyuk
11-11-03, 16:18
5% Si at most, dont want any more than that.

Ryuben
11-11-03, 16:46
Take Rez
Use Rez
Bring other PPU
Be ready with heal
When rezzed, cast heal,
While other to shelt
Then first to resist
Second to weapon buff
Ready

wtf we arn't all FF with half our members being PPU's

:rolleyes:

say an attack force of 16.........3 ppus and ur saying take 2 out of the force to rez ONE person ...so thats 20 seconds where 16 people are being healed buffed and that same ppu has to para + dmg bosot people.

this is how it normally goes.....ppu rezzes person said person runs to back of group.....and waitins for buffs then primarys.

IF the oposition can spare 2 ppus to rez ONE person then ur all ready loseing.

and tbh when rezzing u can be holy anti buffed and killed before u finish the rez.

QuantumDelta
11-11-03, 16:52
Hahah, primaries?
Only APUs get primaries on the battlefield.

Everyone else can cast their own.

99.9% of the time if someone askes me for a primary in the middle of a fight I tell them to go to hell, throw a heal on them, s/d if they need it, tell them to cast their own and go work on people who are actually fighting.

Then again I'm rarely in a team with enough PPUs to be comfortable to do that.

It is kinda nice though this whole PPU thing, 6 vs 2 (3 Pistol PEs, 2 Rifle PEs + PPU all close to cap vs 1 PPU + 1 Pistol PE), and the 2 win, because we killed one PE, then our PE died, then our PE got a rezz luckily, then the PE stayed alive long enough to kill everyone except the PPU, then we killed the PPU with an assortment of non-exploit tactics :p

A lot of PPUing is skill not just overpoweredness, don't get me wrong I'm not vindicating the PPU, and I still think rezz and parashock needs to be tweaked, but that doesn't mean to say I'm going to not enjoy the fact that when I have a character setup and greater skill than my opponents I can show that to people.

That's so much harder to do on my PE or my Tank, but on my PPU I can actually do shit...(Because PPUs, unlike ..every other class? in the game aren't FPS dependant..)

Scikar
11-11-03, 18:48
Originally posted by QuantumDelta
It is kinda nice though this whole PPU thing, 6 vs 2 (3 Pistol PEs, 2 Rifle PEs + PPU all close to cap vs 1 PPU + 1 Pistol PE), and the 2 win, because we killed one PE, then our PE died, then our PE got a rezz luckily, then the PE stayed alive long enough to kill everyone except the PPU, then we killed the PPU with an assortment of non-exploit tactics :p

That little anecdote is completely irrelevant. Clearly, the 2 players had more skill and/or better setups than the 6. Thus, the story is useless for balancing, and means nothing, except that you feel the need to tell everyone how uber you are. And I thought you were one of the people who left that for ingame instead of the forums.

Leebzie
11-11-03, 18:55
Hmmm... actually just VASTLY increasing the time for a rez could make it more interesting...PvP wise at least.

If a rez takes 60 seconds to cast the monk aint gonna be able to heal , run , or do anything for that time.

So only if he is safe from his opponents will it be an option.

PvM... well nerfing rez is just frustrating to pvm.

problem is. leveling chars pvm, capped chars pvp...pleasing them both...hmmm, difficult one.

QuantumDelta
11-11-03, 19:09
Originally posted by Scikar
That little anecdote is completely irrelevant. Clearly, the 2 players had more skill and/or better setups than the 6. Thus, the story is useless for balancing, and means nothing, except that you feel the need to tell everyone how uber you are. And I thought you were one of the people who left that for ingame instead of the forums. I was buzzing.

The PE hadn't played for a while and I'd missed having him around ingame, and I don't exactly play regularly...so I actually got some of that adrenaline buzz that you get when you first play NC....

It is a case of saying we're "ubar" but it's also a case of saying - the situation is not as bad as a lot of these whiney ...... people, make it out to be.

If my PE can solo vs a APU/PPU combo and we in that team could win that fight...the game can't be that bad...

Yet the people here are making it sound like it's all life and death...
Infact, they always do.
Hense the arrogant/flame attracting approach to bait people out of their whiney-hidey-holes, they attack your points/comments and you can whipe their arguments clean with the truth.

I don't think Rezz should be nerfed in this manour (or removed for that matter), is what I am saying.
I believe that while there is not that much of a loss of balance in this game currently, that skill is still the thing that rules supreme...

As long as I can say that, I wont have given up hope on balance.

As for balance from here to the ideal position...
It doesn't demand any sledge hammer bleeding heart backed movements like removal of rezz.
...Just tweaks...

Shadow Dancer
11-11-03, 23:45

If my PE can solo vs a APU/PPU combo and we in that team could win that fight...the game can't be that bad...

One time me and a tank killed a ppu, an apu, and a couple of other peeps at crp.

No really it's true, therefore it means there's not much of a balance issue.

Oh, did I forgot to actually mention the details of the fight? Like the PPU casting rez on a mate and not knowing that i was debuffing him and being too late to cast his shields? And that the apu had half health from mobs and I finished him off?

And me and the tank picked the rest one by one?

Did I mention the time I killed a hybrid 1v1 back when they were overpowered? OMG i guess that means they weren't overpowered.........

WEEEEEEEEEEEEEE.

I hope my point was made. :p

Disturbed021
12-11-03, 00:12

All I have to say, if I'm reading that right, is they must not have been very good then.
Give my APU a halfway decent PPU and a PE will not win PERIOD!

The PE may actually win and kill the APU, but there is no way the PE is gonna kill a halfway decent PPU, unless they lag or really f00k up.
So, the APU is gonna get rezd.

What is the point of the PE even trying?
If they added 5% or so si with rez then the APU once rezd cant start hling the PE and is a pretty easy target, imo the way it should be.
If they added a tool that can be used to get rid of a body then maybe the PE could use that and poof goes the APU.
Then the PE truly wins.

Scikar
12-11-03, 00:17
I was buzzing.

The PE hadn't played for a while and I'd missed having him around ingame, and I don't exactly play regularly...so I actually got some of that adrenaline buzz that you get when you first play NC....

It is a case of saying we're "ubar" but it's also a case of saying - the situation is not as bad as a lot of these whiney ...... people, make it out to be.

Yet the people here are making it sound like it's all life and death...
Infact, they always do.
Hense the arrogant/flame attracting approach to bait people out of their whiney-hidey-holes, they attack your points/comments and you can whipe their arguments clean with the truth.

I don't think Rezz should be nerfed in this manour (or removed for that matter), is what I am saying.
I believe that while there is not that much of a loss of balance in this game currently, that skill is still the thing that rules supreme...

As long as I can say that, I wont have given up hope on balance.

As for balance from here to the ideal position...
It doesn't demand any sledge hammer bleeding heart backed movements like removal of rezz.
...Just tweaks...

We already went through this. Your PE has taken down APU/PPU combos by himself, fair enough. But has your PPU ever been with an APU and you were both taken out by a single PE? No. I rest my case m'lud.

Cryotchekk
12-11-03, 00:20
it would be nice if you got some sort of idea who was ressing you too, i got rezz-killed too many times today :(

QuantumDelta
12-11-03, 00:32
Originally posted by Disturbed021
All I have to say, if I'm reading that right, is they must not have been very good then.
Give my APU a halfway decent PPU and a PE will not win PERIOD!

The PE may actually win and kill the APU, but there is no way the PE is gonna kill a halfway decent PPU, unless they lag or really f00k up.
So, the APU is gonna get rezd.

What is the point of the PE even trying?
If they added 5% or so si with rez then the APU once rezd cant start hling the PE and is a pretty easy target, imo the way it should be.
If they added a tool that can be used to get rid of a body then maybe the PE could use that and poof goes the APU.
Then the PE truly wins.

5% SI on Rezz wouldn't stop my APU designs HLing.

5% SI however would fuck my PE, and my Tank over on rezz.

KTHX Well thought through idea.
PE vs PPU - Liberator is a fucker of a weapon for monks (best one in the game for'em).

This ...."solution" isn't a solution at all it's so full of holes it makes more problems than it solves, in terms of balance.

You wouldn't be fixin "MonkoCron" infact you'd just make my PPU wanna rezz APUs before he rezzed anyone else.

Foolish, as usual for this place, short sighted.

Disturbed021
12-11-03, 03:29
5% SI on Rezz wouldn't stop my APU designs HLing.

5% SI however would fuck my PE, and my Tank over on rezz.

KTHX Well thought through idea.

LMAO.
So you overspec mst on ur APU? So that means all APUs do as well?

Foolish, as usual for this place, short sighted.

Damn man talk about shortsighted. You think that there might possible be other ppl playing this game with different setups than you?

Don't take this the wrong way but:
FFS stop bitchin about ppls ideas.
Everyone is just throwin out ideas to make this game more fun for ALL not to just fuck over QuantumDeltas PE and Tank.

If the ideas are full of holes than by all means point them out, but please stop acting like you are the only one that knows whats best for this game, its really irritating.

amfest
12-11-03, 03:41
well if SI won't make everyone equal on the time they can fight again . .. make it a Quickbelt lockout for a certain amount of time .. . like 10 - 20 seconds you can't acess your weapons or whatever in your quickbelt . .. there happy?

QuantumDelta
12-11-03, 06:00
Originally posted by Disturbed021
LMAO.
So you overspec mst on ur APU? So that means all APUs do as well?

Hardly, while I admit 5% is a _LITTLE_ bit too much, the APU would be combat effective before the Tank or the PE would be.

Damn man talk about shortsighted. You think that there might possible be other ppl playing this game with different setups than you?
Yes, Inferior setups.

Don't take this the wrong way but:
FFS stop bitchin about ppls ideas.
When they are good enough to not need bitching at.

Everyone is just throwin out ideas to make this game more fun for ALL not to just fuck over QuantumDeltas PE and Tank.
TimeSinking Rezz does not equate to ...fun.

If the ideas are full of holes than by all means point them out, but please stop acting like you are the only one that knows whats best for this game, its really irritating.

I ain't the only one, but it's not my fault the others that do, barely post.

hmm...

Anyway, a more logical approach would be to limit the condition in which the PPU can cast considering you're addressing the imbalance of the SPELL not it's effect, however, of course this limits the ability to rezz in places like MC5.

Rezzing with SI is worse though...
Eesh.
Answer is up there anyway, increase the cast time on rezz/holy rezz to make the PPU have to actually think about rezzing.
My PPU couldn't give a shit, even an APU can't kill him in 6 seconds... so I run over, rezz, run back if i'm under heavy fire..

Depends on the situation, but generally, if it doesn't effect the PPU, the PPU himself, wont give a shit.
He'll still rezz under fire, heal, shelter, deflector let his rezzie run.
*shrug*

That's why there is problems with it.

Q`alooaith
12-11-03, 06:05
I think Rezzing should give SI to the PPU rezzing... maybe 1% per rezz, so it's not a lot, but each rezz make's the PPU weaker for a bit, maybe 2% and SI on the rezzee of about 25%..

Rember, you've just died, so it's gonna hurt, and the PPU's giving alittle of himself to bring you back...

but that's just my spin..

g0rt
12-11-03, 06:08
I agree with the overall thought of this post, being there should be something BAD about dying even if you get a res, but I dont think anyone wants more SI. Its just a time sink.

I propose a 60 second timer or maybe 120 second timer, if the timer goes off u get auto-tele'd to your apartment, that is if you dont get ressed before it.

-FN-
12-11-03, 07:36
A timer would be kinda of useless in that one team, all they would have to do is AoE a body for 60 seconds or until they are sent out.

Then what if you are hunting and are killed by some mob. You dispatch for help via voice or some other method and it takes your PPU 2 minutes for you to get there. Do you lose your belt and go back to an apt when mayhaps you have no idea where you were?

What about if you log out or crash right after you die. Does that count against your 'timer'?

I think there's too many variables involved to just make a simple timer.

I don't view the SI as just a time sink tho. With some SI, a player has to wait to use their weapons/armor/etc and they have to have some good resists/evasion skill/backup lower TL items/a good PPU to keep the battle moving. If they are skilled enough to survive, they deserve to have another chance at winning. If they simply keep dropping, like many players do, that's more SI, and all the more reason to avoid death like.... one would in real life :p

Q`alooaith
12-11-03, 08:00
Originally posted by -FN-
A timer would be kinda of useless in that one team, all they would have to do is AoE a body for 60 seconds or until they are sent out.

Then what if you are hunting and are killed by some mob. You dispatch for help via voice or some other method and it takes your PPU 2 minutes for you to get there. Do you lose your belt and go back to an apt when mayhaps you have no idea where you were?

What about if you log out or crash right after you die. Does that count against your 'timer'?

I think there's too many variables involved to just make a simple timer.

I don't view the SI as just a time sink tho. With some SI, a player has to wait to use their weapons/armor/etc and they have to have some good resists/evasion skill/backup lower TL items/a good PPU to keep the battle moving. If they are skilled enough to survive, they deserve to have another chance at winning. If they simply keep dropping, like many players do, that's more SI, and all the more reason to avoid death like.... one would in real life :p

I agree totaly... though the PPU should have to take a loss maybe loss of HP's when rezzing or somthing..

CerealKiller
12-11-03, 08:19
Sounds good FN, I'm all for that.

Disturbed021
12-11-03, 21:33

Answer is up there anyway, increase the cast time on rezz/holy rezz to make the PPU have to actually think about rezzing.
My PPU couldn't give a shit, even an APU can't kill him in 6 seconds... so I run over, rezz, run back if i'm under heavy fire..

Depends on the situation, but generally, if it doesn't effect the PPU, the PPU himself, wont give a shit.
He'll still rezz under fire, heal, shelter, deflector let his rezzie run.

Well MY main reason for wanting something with rez to be changed is the fact that there is no penalty for dieing not that a PPU can rez someone in the heat of battle w/o dieing.

I don't think increasing the casttime will do anything but make the PPUs a little more cautious when rezzing.

You can currently die and pop right back up ready for battle in seconds. I think thats a little silly. Believe me I like it sometimes :p but its still silly.

Adding SI% would not only be logical from a game play perspective (you died and were rezd that would do something to ur poor little body:p ) but I think it would balance things out a bit at OP battles.
Tactics would come more into play. You get rezd and you better go find a hiding spot until SI wears off. PPUs couldn't just rez anyone because with SI if they rez someone in the middle of a battle that person will just windup dieing again w/o getting a shot off. So it would be a waste of PSI to just rez anyone....

Archeus
12-11-03, 21:40
The only problem I see with it is the ability to rez kill and steal belts. It will be all that much easier to whack the person a second time, where as I have seen APUs who have been rezzed come back full fighting.

If there was SI, it shouldn't be much, just say 5%.

A better solution would be to transfer some of the PPUs health to the player they are rezzing.

Disturbed021
12-11-03, 21:43
Originally posted by Archeus

If there was SI, it shouldn't be much, just say 5%.

Absolutely no more than 5%.

Originally posted by Archeus

A better solution would be to transfer some of the PPUs health to the player they are rezzing.
Interesting idea. I kinda like it.

QuantumDelta
12-11-03, 21:50
Again, I prefer the notion of a PPU giving of themselves to bring the others back.

People don't say resurrection is overpowered because it brings people back, people say resurrection is overpowered because people can be brought back while under very heavy fire.

Makes no sense as it's the PPU spell that requires the most ..."effort" beyond the rare sanctums.

Q`alooaith
13-11-03, 02:19
Maybe a new Psi effect, Resurecting, like the Psi manipulation bar's you get, when you cast the rezz spell's effect's are added, like a parashock on the PPU with malus tobody health and resist's... it'd mean you couldn't rezz and run, and you'd be weaker while rezzing...

just another idea..

Freaky Fryd
13-11-03, 15:07
Even being able to "knock" the PPU out of the rez would be nice. Again, PvM would suffer a little...but it makes sense for PvP.

PPUs would have to take cover behind something or wait until it's somewhat clear for them to rez.

They could be hit a couple times, but couldn't be hammered on by someone (or a few people) without losing the rez attempt.

To help balance it a little between PvM and PvP use, regular rez could have the feature of not being able knock the PPU out of it.

PPUs with access to the holy rez would have to use the regular rez if there were lots of mobs around hitting them. But, if they're high enough to use holy rez, then they're much more likely to be able to survive the extra pounding, right?

If they're low level, then they don't have the option of using holy rez anyway and so there's no difference to what they're using either.

But the holy rez (which is faster for casting) would allow people to knock the ppu out of the rez attempt.

Or if it would balance it more, have the rez distinguish between player and mob fire. If mob fire didn't count towards knocking the ppu out of the rez, then there would be no imbalance for PvM

Archeus
13-11-03, 18:53
Originally posted by Freaky Fryd
Even being able to "knock" the PPU out of the rez would be nice. Again, PvM would suffer a little...but it makes sense for PvP.

Low level para beam has enough kick to push them out of casting position so as to cause the spell to fizzle.