PDA

View Full Version : Vehicle Overview (Since they're boost)

ZoneVortex
10-11-03, 17:28
Alright, I've been playing with all the vehicles since the last patches that made them a bit better, and here's what I've found.

Vehicles are possibly THE FUNNEST items in the game. The MOST EXCITING thing to use. The COOLEST looking out of any other dynamic controllable object.

Do you even KNOW how fun it was the other day to challenge someone to a duel at MB, have them come out of the doors, and there being two tanks (The vehicle) sitting there ready to anhilate them? (Shuddup, he deserved it).

Now, the problem is this. Sure, after we had that fun at MB a pistol PE chased us down, was able to run fast enough to keep up with our 4x4 jeep, and kill it with a couple Judge shots, but it was realistic armor.

What really needs to happen is more speed in some of the vehicles. People should not be able to out raun/out track our car racing across the MB zone as happened.

Now I gotta go so I'll finish this post later - comments please.

Duder
10-11-03, 17:31
Give vehicle weapon aim instant aim, boost teh gunz, give tanks an aoe gun, and boost speed or nerf running speed...

Also, ASGs with a gogu and terminal in villages, areas of intrest, etc etc, and lower the reqs for vehicle use.

Napalm82
i totally agree, nobody should be able to run as fast as a vehicly, well maybe the rhino but thats it!

- Napalm

El Barto
Yeah, armours fine, think its like 3 anti vhc rocket shots at a 4x4 jeep and its gone, jsut speed really. Maybe costum colours!

Duder
10-11-03, 17:33
Yeah, we should paint all the vehicles in red, that will make them faster!!!

Napalm82
10-11-03, 17:33
i thought i was the only one who said "Red go faster" :D

- Napalm

KimmyG
10-11-03, 17:39
Me and some buds tested a tank out against a y comd.

1 shot
2 shot
3 shot BOOM

Probably was a funny sight thing blows and all 3 of us scatter and run like madmen from the Y.

Duder
10-11-03, 17:40
...Also cool brandname bumper stickers that will boost performance (TYPE-R) (POWERED BY HONDA"), 4" exhaust tips, some Super Spoilers, gold coated rims, and windshield banners!!!! WOOO YEA.

Think to see a 4x4 jeep in the wastelands have a huge windshield banner "POWERED BY HONDA" and some huge Spoilers for speed increase, WITH TURBO!!!!

Ark
10-11-03, 17:41
Ohhh red, dont forget the speed holes and a big hole in the muffler :D

Oath
10-11-03, 17:53
Edited cos duder didnt like it :)

Dribble Joy
10-11-03, 17:56
RED WUNZ GO FASTA!! WAAAAAAGGGGGHHH DAKKA DAKKA DAKKA!!!!!!

Mirco
10-11-03, 17:57
If you ask me the Rhino should be AoE and outdamage anything playercontrolled in this game.

Cruzbroker
10-11-03, 18:04
boost vehicle speed, it's too easy to hit if ppl run slower :)

Judge
10-11-03, 18:14
Originally posted by Oath
Napalm and duder, neocrons answer to orks........

40k fans will know what i mean, and it is humour not an insult.

Oh yeah.... the cult of speed rules from that campaign rule book were fucking awesome. Hmmm.... maybe someday someone will make a good 40K game, or I'll go back to it at some point in time.

Viduus[JBX]
10-11-03, 18:22
IMO problems with VHCs are:
- RunSpeed should not equal V speed, excepting perhaps low-end Chaincraft and Tanks (and even then)

- Chaincrafts should have a MUCH better climbing ability

- Hoverteks should not sink

- Vehicles which have people sitting INSIDE them should make you unable to target them; conversely people on the exterior of vehicles should be (as it is now) vulnerable

- Passengers inside vehicles *passengers* should be able to shoot, though at a much lower accuracy and handling -- e.g. greater chance of item damage & critical item damage

Otherwise yes, the VHCs are cool :}

Duder
10-11-03, 18:28
I dont like being an ork....

LTA
10-11-03, 18:41
personally i think the Rhinos should be uber hard, like anti vhc rockets only.... make the gun hurt a-lot and maybe you'll see many more of these out and about...

and yes you coud prolly pwwn mobs but at the end of the day a tank vs a creature.....

japata
10-11-03, 19:07
I can feel the flame stick beneath my ass, but I'll say it anyway:

Raise the lower-level VHC guns' requirements (thus making them more efficient). Only mid- or high-level d00ds use combat vehicles to hunt or pvp... why there's those fucking STR 14 or 35 weapons. Ridiculous. :)

Spy<VS>Spy
10-11-03, 20:11
Originally posted by ZoneVortex
Alright, I've been playing with all the vehicles since the last patches that made them a bit better, and here's what I've found.

Vehicles are possibly THE FUNNEST items in the game. The MOST EXCITING thing to use. The COOLEST looking out of any other dynamic controllable object.

Do you even KNOW how fun it was the other day to challenge someone to a duel at MB, have them come out of the doors, and there being two tanks (The vehicle) sitting there ready to anhilate them? (Shuddup, he deserved it).

Now, the problem is this. Sure, after we had that fun at MB a pistol PE chased us down, was able to run fast enough to keep up with our 4x4 jeep, and kill it with a couple Judge shots, but it was realistic armor.

What really needs to happen is more speed in some of the vehicles. People should not be able to out raun/out track our car racing across the MB zone as happened.

Now I gotta go so I'll finish this post later - comments please.

ACTUALLY...what needs to happen is that vehicles actualy can zone properly without crashing. the need to be actually to hit things that are moving while they are moving...

personaly, i think your goofy. are vehicles fun, i suppose. i always enjoyed them. are they practical? fuck no...oh fuck me in the butt no. the only vehicle somewhat useful is the rhino. its offence and defence is commendable. but lets be honost, the tank gunning it and the driver, usually a spy, rare weapons together out damage the tanks main gun by far.

now i know what your thinking, but spy, truthfully its the ability for those two players to soak major damage that makes them able to take on larger amount of players.

well this would be true, but there is really only 2 scenario's where your getting killed by a tank.

1.) you are not a ppu monk
2.) you are in the middle of a desert, and you are slower then the tank, cant stealth and have nothing to hide behind.

sad to say, there are not allot of players that are capped that do meet these requirements.

all the rest of the vehicles are a joke, the pilot or gunner are NOT protected. which makes the vehicle REALLY easy to defeat. you mine as well forget having a gun because you sir...are APU meat. i've had fuckers hit me with holy lightning, 600 meters or more away, moving full bore, with them directly behind me, and still able to target my spy.

so what do vehicles need? they need to get realistic here, they need to offer things that conventail combat does not, wither it be speed, defence, offence, accuracy, or amunition...which by the way, only the tank possises the defence part.

the major problem of vehicles however, is they have NO support. there is nothing you can do to support vehicles. which is why ground people are so powerful in neocron, you can heal them, shield them, damage boost...the vehicle has no support.

the answer? droners. droner are the answer to a vehicle's blite, as well as several obvoius speed/armor/weapon problems. imagine your rhino with a tank and a spy manning the vehicle, driver and turret operator. together, they might be pretty good. but what if you filled those two passanger seats up with support droners? one a repair drone, restore armor integrity to the vehicle, and the other a power boosting drone, increasing the vehicles energy weapons damage by 50% and increasing movement speed. or beter yet. detonator drones, immune to EVERYTHING but anti vehicle weapons.

this drone luanches from the tank to get to a group of enemy's and the tank targets this drone to destroy it, doing massive area of effect damage to help root out those enemy's taking cover in OP's, building or terrien.

in the addition to support partical beam drones or what have you to increase coverage. scout drones for recon.

etc etc.

this could do well with APC's, being used as major vehicle and troop support, with a load of droners a tank platoon would be near unstopable. ground forces would need snipers to down drones, tanks for anti vehicle weapons, and monks to keep them alive for a little longer to draw fire.

Lecko
10-11-03, 20:33
I love my Reveler. It's nice and shiny.

True, I only just outrun those pesky APU's running at full pelt whilst casting HL on my head, but at least my legs dont blow out and theres no silly parashite.

The gun damage is more realistic and to be fair, maybe the tank could be a bit harder. It dies too easily for what it is: a mobile fortress.

I wanna see some mechs though soon. :(

msdong
10-11-03, 21:18
Originally posted by Duder
Yeah, we should paint all the vehicles in red, that will make them faster!!!

ork player :D W40K rules

but yes, nerf run speed or finaly make it possible to runover ppl.

there is alot todo with VHC and they finaly need to be BETTER them 2 SOLO ppl

i agree in most points on SPYvsSPY but the fact that everyone need to be protectet inside. a few small things would make VHC better:
launching drones from inside,
cast spells from inside,
working heal inside,
maybe pistols inside,
and kind of autoaim monk protection.

//Ring\\
11-11-03, 13:01
now that is a good idea.. 0.o
give customization to vehicles!! i want gran turismo 3 in NC!!!

next rhinoviper GTS-R with turbo 4 racing modification supercharged engine intake and the ultrasoft tires, u got a rocket.. only it doesnt steer ;)
of course a couple 100k more and some tuning to the brakes and u got a rocket that can outturn those nasty gps guided fireballs from the grims :D

Mirco
11-11-03, 13:34
I just tried my heavy assault trike and I must the say the damage was pretty good on the rockets, but the range? Come on, the reason you put weapons on vehicles is for mobility and that you can put more powerfull weapons on them than people can carry. Usually weapons rest in some kind of stand. This gives you the ability to keep the gun lvl during bursts.

In my mind this should translate to: I should be able to shoot further with my assault trike because of heavier rockets (got room for more fuel heaver warheads and more advanced target aquisition electronics), my aim should close faster and my aim should also be kept steadier while firing.

Its like driving round with the wyatt attached to my drive and I have to almost stand on top on a wb to hit.

My H-C is about 90 now, is that reason for my short range? If so disregard this post.

//Ring\\
11-11-03, 16:05
well u could jsut put a lot on weapon lore.. ;)

generally it would be hard to aim a rocket while moving at those speeds dont u think? :P
range.. just aim a bit upwards lol, nothing some exp cant fix

but then again i have insane aim both in rl and in any game that involves guns so that isnt much of a problem for me

Mirco
11-11-03, 17:09
Well the problem isnt so much aim. I have no problem keeping it on the mob. The problem is that the rockets goes 50 meters or so and closing of reticule wont start at even a few meters shorter range than that. Besides im not driving while shooting, im standing still and aim and range is still suckysucky. The rockets you shoot arent really rockets either, more like the mr-1000 missiles, but with really lousy range. If it had the range of a mr-1000 it would be great.

If this is the way kk have thought it out to be so fine. I just cant see anyone wanna gimp themselves to use a vehicle that force you to ride next up to a mob and shoot while taking a good beating that is really expensive to repair. Also you are putting in excess of 200k worth of parts for a built assault trike everytime you take it out for a spinn. As they dont offer any good protection pvp you can easily get ganked and your vehicle blown up. Strange that the vehicles dont have any force field or stuff like that to encapsule the driver. I mean we have belts that do that, why not a bigger better system on the vehicles?

Viduus[JBX]
11-11-03, 17:43
Yep, and glove boxes/storage compartments....

Lanigav
12-11-03, 15:19
ACTUALLY...what needs to happen is that vehicles actualy can zone properly without crashing. the need to be actually to hit things that are moving while they are moving...

My thoughts exactly.

The Rhino's also need a shitload more armor/resists, with the exception of anti-tank weapons.

QuantumDelta
12-11-03, 20:56
I have two questions..

What was the Pistol PEs ATL/AGL?
What was the Pistol PEs Frame Rate Per Second?

See....there's no way in blue hell my PE can run that fast even chewing two drugs (red/whiteflash) and I doubt he'd still be able to keep up chewing the other AGL Giving drugs.

This game's runspeed is heavily, HEAVILY dependant on Frame Rate, people like that are probably running super computers because I run at maybe 1/2 HH4x4 Speed.

//Ring\\
13-11-03, 17:28
hey QD.. have u tried ditching all ur weight till u have 0 (including the armor), putting all agl and ath giving imps and then taking in the drugs while u have +150 points in ath and agl?

trust me.. u can NEARLY keep up with a gm at those speeds :P but nothing can go that fast.. and if they do then they got some serious explaining to do ;)