View Full Version : post your worst disaster

greploco
10-11-03, 16:36
ok, I got this idea after reading NeoChick's unfortunate loss. it may seem a little inflamatory to have a "disaster thread" but it was actually good to know that I wasn't alone in my misfortune.

so - for those of you that have lost items - once I was given about 40-50 rares by clan leader and a list of item he wanted me to trade for. I thought I'd put them all in a cabinit and go off and do something else.

*poof*

the cabinit ate all the rares, I was so upset I gave my personal stock to the clan. heh, to this day I no longer put rares in a cabinit, I carry them around on my tradechar at all time.

I asked for help on this but it did seem that they didn't really believe me, so I pretty much gave up. luckily this a long time ago when rare drops were quite high, where 1 wb gave a rare or lvl 3 implant 70% of the time. so it was a correctable situation.

QuantumDelta
10-11-03, 16:45
I've had a 3 slot Judge (Pure artifact + Ammo mod) disappear...into thin air, litterally...

I have checked every cab, every char, their gogu's...

Nothin...

biggest disaster I suppose would be when my clan membership was said to have 1 person by the database, that one person had full control of the clan (we are all in the clan if you looked at us but on the citycom it said only one of us was in clan), as if by magic a few minutes after us spotting this bug, KK took the server down and fixed it without a rollback...

....So yea...apart from crashes at op wars...I'm a lucky fecker when it comes to disasters...

Dribble Joy
10-11-03, 16:47
Hmmmm... worst thing that's happened to me is getting a batch of guns made, and accidentaly selling the 4 slot one when I went to sell the shite ones :(

wolfwood
10-11-03, 16:48
never really lost an important weapon, however i have found nice stuff by the plaza 1 gogo.

As for accidents I really havent had anything extremely bad.:D

ezza
10-11-03, 16:49
my 3 slot CS disappeared then my account was hacked resulting in my lose of a 2 slot CS and a 2 slot speed gun.

then there was the 2 above items and 3 other weapons with the exact stats and conditions of my weapons on the auction, yet nothing was done.

i told them to stick the 100k where the sun dont shine, get more satisfaction from it

superfresh
10-11-03, 16:50
I had Neochick's problem the same night Saturn crashed and apartment cabinets were cleared. My armor and weapons were gone, and when I got back to my apartment the cabinets were empty :/

Pi-Oh-Pah
10-11-03, 16:56
Rerolled and left Protopharm Resistor and MOVEON still implanted :eek:

Jesterthegreat
10-11-03, 16:57
Originally posted by ezza
my 3 slot CS disappeared then my account was hacked resulting in my lose of a 2 slot CS and a 2 slot speed gun.

then there was the 2 above items and 3 other weapons with the exact stats and conditions of my weapons on the auction, yet nothing was done.

i told them to stick the 100k where the sun dont shine, get more satisfaction from it

yup that happened to me too... didnt even bother tellin help desk cos i knew the reply :(

3 slot arti ammo modded cs gone :(

also a 3 slot holy lightning and holy para gone - both would be fully arti with store bought mods :(

Elric
10-11-03, 17:02
Computer blew up (literally, smoke n everything.. it was... smelly...) and couldnt play NC for 2months. Just as I had capped my old Spy and had an excellent 4slot PainEaser built. Never did see it again... I think the constructor must have quit or re-rolled. I was so annoyed that I instantly re-rolled when I rebuilt and forgot to take the cash (about 3mill) and all the stuff (Implants, weapons,everything) off the character first. ah well... starting from scratch again wasnt all that bad....

kurai
10-11-03, 17:16
Stock-X got reset after a patch, eating 30 million.

Sefran
10-11-03, 17:18
Accidently trew Psi Ultima mod along with some other useless mods away to clean gogo...

dr.fish
10-11-03, 17:19
noob repairer took my 4 slot cs :((

ps if u ever see fluffybunny, ( not the one from flr ) kill her for me, but i think she rerolled anyway

Sefran
10-11-03, 17:20
Never give a uber rare to a unknown repairer , reason why i made a high lvl repper.

dr.fish
10-11-03, 17:32
i figured now :), didnt u lom to research now?

Sefran
10-11-03, 17:33
yeah 201 research and 310 repair

X452
10-11-03, 17:34
list of things iv lost because other ppl fukup or ppl come and kill me for no reason...

ultima moded holy thunderstorm
lvl 3 apu pa
lvl 3 pau pa
lvl 2 apu pa
lvl 2 apu pa
lvl 2 apu pa
4 slot energy beam
5 slot holy energy barrel

err

and more i just cant remember

but still i play?

why? i dont know ffs?

SnotNosedBrat
10-11-03, 17:40
i bugged into a City Merc once and it didnt reset the faction when i relogged, so i had to pay 300k to switch back :o

LVirus
11-11-03, 09:24
Well, my worst loss is items I gave to people because I'm so good hearted and never got anything back ..

But not saying any names biggest fuckup to me is that I gave account to have (until otherwise said) certain person, gave him cash, apartment, guns, even pain easer ... so he levels his char and goes silent for a weeks. Then he finally comes to me and says what he did - HE SOLD THAT ACCOUNT IN EBAY FOR 100 DOLLARS! :mad: :mad: :mad:

That was moment I was pissed off because that account was REAL money, not game stuff that can be virtually obtained easily back.

Oh well, next thing I know I give him all artifact HL again :D

Birkoff
11-11-03, 09:29
Does getting so addicted to this came count?

Breschau
11-11-03, 09:31
Lost a 4 slot Pain Easer to the death-swaps-your-items-around bug (Least I *think* that's how I lost it - certainly didn't drop it or give it to anyone, just noticed a while after dying and recovering that it was gone.. guessing I sold it to Yo's thinking it was a piece of warbot junk or something)

That's about it I think.

iainy13
11-11-03, 09:33
melted my vid card, spending 3 weeks teying to find the problem, then having to wait 2 months tell i can buy a new computer :( mine is 2 years outdated so i mightaswell just get an netire new one

Richard Slade
11-11-03, 10:13
Worst?
I'll tell you worst
I haven't played since the day it happened
After some general Terminator talk on the forum
I realized I've actually left a Strange Book on a fucking WB...
THAT is the WORST and I aint touching NC until I've calmed down

•Super|\|ova•
11-11-03, 10:22
Originally posted by Richard Slade
Worst?
I'll tell you worst
I haven't played since the day it happened
After some general Terminator talk on the forum
I realized I've actually left a Strange Book on a fucking WB...
THAT is the WORST and I aint touching NC until I've calmed down

Ouch :( but on the other hand... ROFLMAO :lol:

Vampire222
11-11-03, 10:23
lolololololol dummy, that mustve surely been the biggest fuckup by far

Vampire222
shite doublepost

iainy13
LOL missin a strange book wouldent be 2 good. Then again i bet when they increase the droprate a little more they wont be so rare.

Richard Slade
11-11-03, 10:32
Someone just kill me, it's so much easier...

g0rt
11-11-03, 10:44
Walked into PP1 with my PPU, there happen to be a few people there that I REALLY didnt want killing me, so I was just gonna have some fun with em. Sync into an APU body, go thru the maddest bunch of syncs you have EVER seen.

Slowly I see my hp going down so I just bail to the zone line into plaza3, but it doesnt sync me there, it syncs me into the sewers. Still in this apu's body, im watching as I get blazed by fire apoc from another apu. I franticly click on the sewer exit to go back up to pp1, and sync crash. I log back in and im back in my PPUs body, but somehow im lying dead....in front of venture warp in pp1.

How this happened? Who knows. But my belt was gone and so was my 3slot holy cath sanc.

I loved KK that day for all thier wonderfull bugs.

dr.fish
11-11-03, 10:51
on the other hand all those items u loose end up somewhere, i found once after a sync a artifact rog in my inventory and all a capped pe's equipement. (like somoene hit recover lost inventory and it ended in mine :) ), i also got a ultima mod another time that way.

and many times i sync and i end up in someone else char, so i just give a little of his money to a nearby friend. ( a little i try not to abuse )

i've had more happy events than fuck ups :D

Richard Slade
11-11-03, 10:52
On the other hand Fish ur a TS hoe so it's okay

dr.fish
11-11-03, 10:55
On the other hand Fish ur a TS hoe so it's okay

come say that to me online :p i'l show u some tsu ownage, no plz back to topic

\\Fényx//
11-11-03, 10:59
Ive had a few... Had my tanks account hacked before, lost 6 months of work, Marine, CS, Mal, moon, the lot... Then recently had 2 more fuck ups, lost arorund 300 implants when my imp apt just decided to turn the cabinet contents into a single piece of junk :rolleyes: :( That apt had my spare rare imps in aswell as the drop ones so lost a few marines etc there, then there was the time my SL was perfectly fine at MB, Then GR into plaza 1 and wham im at minus 30odd... copbots shoot me down and I lost a DG, VR, PA and some armour..... Another one was chucking a dogtag on the floor in plaza 1, seeing my ray of last hope appear on the floor and some cunt picking it up before I could get it back, relogging and the dogtags reappeared back into my safe slot :mad: KK fixed my SL and some friends replaced what i lost tho... Then there was my most stupid moment :D Going to the biggest OP fight EVER, 4 hour brawl between TA and NDA at soliko a few months back, nothing strange sofar except I had minus 72 SL (DONT ask :lol:) Anyway it was all going allrite, nobody has the time to hack belts in a OP fight so was just pickin them back up, anyway I got shot at the top of the OP and slipped down the front, before they changed fall damage and it killed my char, but my belt... precious belt with 7 damn items in, including 4 slot ultimated fullty arti doombeamer, PA2, all armour, 5 slot heal and my SPEED GUN for some obscene reason got fuckin bugged, anyone I was teamed with could open it and see what was in it, but couldnt actually empty the damn thing, had 2 GM's there and they checked it out aswell, 1 of the GM's nearly died when he must have forgot to put godmode on and was getting shot at :lol: but yea, that one hurt, cause Id only fired that gun twice, got it the same day lol..... :(

Richard Slade
11-11-03, 11:02
Originally posted by dr.fish
come say that to me online :p i'l show u some tsu ownage, no plz back to topic

Still haven't catched me AFAIK ;)
I'm velly velly sneaky
Never underestimate my sneakiness hehe

ANYWAYS I still take point in the biggest fuck up as I see it
And therefor
I will add another one

Back in my n00b Spy days
Running El Farid on and on
At one point telling those who's in there
"Hey let's go down to second level!"
And everyone's like "Yeah let's check it out!"
Note there's no PPU with us
So we smack or heads together and charge down
A good killing down there
Since, yes, it's actually there, the scorpy bitch
So we find her,
start whooping everything around
2 outta 5 of us go down during this and then we head for the queen
Spanking her on and on
While the third guy goes down
Just me and a tank left
So we figure that we can't back off now!
Start pounding the bitch as hard as we can with full force
And suddenly I notice something's strange around here
Well no worries
Until I figure what it is.
Last guy's dead and I'm alone
GAH!
Well no time to turn back!
Sling up the DoY rifle and push it so far far up her ass she burp
red lightning.
And finally she goes down, me with 4 hp left and everyone dead
So I check the loot
Realize