PDA

View Full Version : The Kilt........

Oath
10-11-03, 16:20
ITS NOT A GODDAM SKIRT!!!!!!11111111111111ONEOENON

Apparently Some EU n00b has decided its a skirt.....

i KOS the n00b,

Anyone else think the kilt is a skirt??

beware, my hammer of KOS will fall upon ye lol.

Ever wonder why scotsmen are hard Mofo............

Kilt + waist high thistles = t3h toughness

.....................and sorte nuts :lol:

I am scottish, im proud o meh heritage as im sure most people are, pisses me off that a kilt is a skirt now O_o :lol:

Keep it clean, any replies, remember the forum rules, have fun with it.

Kaden
10-11-03, 16:25
PMSL, I can just see you in a skirt bud, you would look SO sexy :p

JiNxY
10-11-03, 16:27
if i was scottish id wear one... im not so i dont, if your not scottish and you wear a kilt then its a skirt imo :D

Oath
10-11-03, 16:38
Originally posted by Chief O'Brien
PMSL, I can just see you in a skirt bud, you would look SO sexy :p

:eek:

phunqe
10-11-03, 16:41
Correct me if I'm wrong but, is it a rumour only that kilts are originally weared without anything under or is it true? :D

Oath
10-11-03, 16:44
Originally posted by phunqe
Correct me if I'm wrong but, is it a rumour only that kilts are originally weared without anything under or is it true? :D

That would be true,

Traditionaly at least, nowadays no-one really cares, but we kilt we traditional kilt wearers are a hardcore group :lol:

Personally, i go commando with kilts, wich my clan wil get images of now MAUHUAHUAH 6ft guy with a skirt going commando

PWN j00

phunqe
10-11-03, 16:45
Well.. I think the kilt is cool.
Kilt rules.

Nuff said. :D

ReefSmoker
10-11-03, 16:47
I wear McMillan tartan, as Bell is a sept of the clan McMillan :) Plus true Bell tartan costs a small fortune to have a kilt made from it :(

I'll help you get this nutter who thinks kilts are skirts !! My sgian dubh is at the ready - though a two-handed claymore might be more intimidating ;)

Take care,

Reefie

PS

Originally posted by JiNxY
if i was scottish id wear one... im not so i dont, if your not scottish and you wear a kilt then its a skirt imo :D

The Cornish wear kilts too, their heritage is very similar to the Scottish, and they hate the english too !! Yay for celtic allies !

EDIT : Should really mention that I don't really hate the english, just wish they'd stop stealing all the profits from the North Sea oil fields...

garyu69
10-11-03, 16:50
Kilts ROCK!
I have never wore anything under my kilt :)

I have my very own Clan Tartan too, i Rule you all. Also got me own Castle.

Urquhart Castle:
http://www.no-wherefast.com/urquhart.jpg

My Clan Crest:
http://www.no-wherefast.com/urquhartcrest.jpg

And as we are on the subject, men in skirt Rule, not just kilts:
http://www.no-wherefast.com/gary.jpg

Jesterthegreat
10-11-03, 16:51
ill vote girly to annoy Danae :p

Velvet
10-11-03, 16:55
:D
Yes you`re a 6`, tough, not to mess with, hardcore, traditional, gaelic-speaking, never sober, "don`t call me English, kilt wearing pretty boy.

Kilt is definitely cool.

ReefSmoker
10-11-03, 17:01
Originally posted by garyu69

Urquhart Castle:

Whoops, looks like I kipped out in your castle overnight a few times :lol: Drumnadrochit is a strange wee village... and Urquhart Castle is one of a few interesting things out there :)

Take care,

Reefie

Oath
10-11-03, 17:05
Originally posted by Velvet
Yes you`re a 6`, tough, not to mess with, hardcore, traditional, gaelic-speaking, never sober, "don`t call me English, kilt wearing pretty boy.

Kilt is definitely cool.

Im not drunk ALL the time lol.

And nice pic dude :lol:

Elric
10-11-03, 17:08
[B]Kilts ROCK!
I have never wore anything under my kilt :)

Urquhart Castle:

same as above without owningf a castle...

but... thats home for me.. always will be... (not the actual castle. I lived near there before moving to this god-forsaken central belt of scotland)

My family name information http://www.geocities.com/jmccourt1961/Irish.html

and My coat of arms

http://www.irishsurnames.com/coatsofarms/c/mccourt.gif

Jesterthegreat
10-11-03, 17:10
it seems your coat of arms is a little white square with a red 'X' in it on my screen... how unique :p

Elric
10-11-03, 17:11
Originally posted by Jesterthegreat
it seems your coat of arms is a little white square with a red 'X' in it on my screen... how unique :p

rofl... fixed it now.

garyu69
10-11-03, 17:12
Originally posted by Elric
same as above without owningf a castle...

but... thats home for me.. always will be... (not the actual castle. I lived near there before moving to this god-forsaken central belt of scotland)

My family name information http://www.geocities.com/jmccourt1961/Irish.html
At least you are in bonnie scotland i have my arse stuck down in Oxford

Info on my name:
www.electricscotland.com/webclans/ stoz/urquhar2.html

Jesterthegreat
10-11-03, 17:17
rofl... fixed it now. well thats a bit bigger than your old one! :D (and i AM talking about his crest here people O_o)

Elric
10-11-03, 17:19
Originally posted by Jesterthegreat
well thats a bit bigger than your old one! :D (and i AM talking about his crest here people O_o)

ooooh....norty :p

El Barto
10-11-03, 17:20
THEY ARE JUST AN EXCUSE FOR THE MEN TO WEAR SKIRTS!!!!1111!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!ONEONEONONEONEONEONEONEONEONE

Elric
10-11-03, 17:22
Originally posted by El Barto
THEY ARE JUST AN EXCUSE FOR THE MEN TO WEAR SKIRTS!!!!1111!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!ONEONEONONEONEONEONEONEONEONE

Go wear one for a full day then give a educated opinion :p

They are easily the warmest, smartest looking and most comfortable thing Ive ever worn. When I get Home I'll post a couple of me wedding photos (assuming i remember), you can see how much it ownz for yourself ;)

Duder
10-11-03, 17:23
Go wear one for a full day then give a educated opinion :p

They are easily the warmest, smartest looking and most comfortable thing Ive ever worn. When I get Home I'll post a couple of me wedding photos (assuming i remember), you can see how much it ownz for yourself ;)

Yeah do that...Nancy boy.

:rolleyes: :p

Jesterthegreat
10-11-03, 17:24
i seen SpikeZ's wedding photos - he wore a kilt hehe

Elric
10-11-03, 17:24
Originally posted by Duder

thats good for someone with a female avatar :p :D

oh... wait.... O_o

garyu69
10-11-03, 17:25
I want my PE to be able to wear a Kilt. And then everyone in my clan and we can all go kill all you southern persons!

hehe

How cool would a Clan MMORPG game like that be.

Jesterthegreat
10-11-03, 17:27
bwahahaha... i like english :p

Elric
10-11-03, 17:28
I want my PE to be able to wear a Kilt. And then everyone in my clan and we can all go kill all you people from the country under us :p scum!

hehe

How cool would a Clan MMORPG game like that be.

I'd buy it :D

only as long as I could get a huge assed Bardiche to disembowel the pig-dogs with though....

That edit look a bit better ? :D

garyu69
10-11-03, 17:32
That edit look a bit better ? :D Now thats a good edit.

Well they are lower than us ;)

Oath
10-11-03, 17:41
Lol, remember guys, Fun, dont degenerate into shitty comments.

Respect t3h forum rules n all.

oh...................and............i r manleh in a skirt...........*remember his last party............ONOZ*

Duder
10-11-03, 17:42
A Skirt is a skirt, if you like wearing em, well...good for you i guess...

;)

Elric
10-11-03, 17:47
Originally posted by Oath
Lol, remember guys, Fun, dont degenerate into shitty comments.

Respect t3h forum rules n all.

oh...................and............i r manleh in a skirt...........*remember his last party............ONOZ*

I wouldnt worry about that. I like the English people. Its the English as an Entity that I despise ;)

(eg. government and general institution that is England, the History behind theyre actions and attrocities in Scotland and many other coutries. Stuff Like that I hate, other than that, as individuals, theres good-guys and wanks, same as everywhere else ;))

Velvet
10-11-03, 17:52
Well, if you see how dreadful young men dress these days...
I prefer a guy in a kilt!
And poc mo thon to the others:p
Is it posible to violate the forum rules in a language the mods don`t understand?? :D

Shockwave
10-11-03, 18:04
You know Gary, I know a couple of decent brickies if you want their number... Your castle looks like it needs a bit of the Changing Rooms treatment! :lol: :)
But owning your own castle - how cool is that? :D

Gotta respect the Scots for the whole Kilt thing, though. No underwear, waist-high thistles, AND the freezing weather/howling winds you get up there is going to make some WELL 'ARD mofos! (No, I didn't mean it like that, you filthy-minded sods! :D)

I voted "it's not a bloody skirt, you thundering morons!!", BTW. :)

Oath
10-11-03, 18:06
Originally posted by Shockwave
You know Gary, I know a couple of decent brickies if you want their number... Your castle looks like it needs a bit of the Changing Rooms treatment! :lol: :)
But owning your own castle - how cool is that? :D

Gotta respect the Scots for the whole Kilt thing, though. No underwear, waist-high thistles, AND the freezing weather/howling winds you get up there is going to make some WELL 'ARD mofos! (No, I didn't mean it like that, you filthy-minded sods! :D)

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLLLLLL

LMAFAO RAWR!

And again, respect the forum rules people.........nationalism/racism/other isms............punishable by ban or in your case death.................at the hands o meh cs lol.

Richard Adregen
10-11-03, 18:11
Kilts are cool. A guy in my school wears a kilt most of the time... and he's Dutch (no, it's not me :()! Kilts rock!

RA.

Stigmata
10-11-03, 18:14
I wore a Kilt once for my jock mates wedding, tbh it was incrediably comfortable and definetely no problem with betty swollocks.

Although i am pure English so unless i have to do the Scottish wedding thing again i aint gonna be wearing a skir....i mean kilt

Andy

Danae
10-11-03, 18:17
OMG thank you Jernau for pointing me to this thread :p

I have a major kilt fetish. I admit it. I made spikez wear a kilt for our wedding cuz his mum's side of the family is Scottish, and my gram's side of the family is Scottish.

I've seen 3 NC guys in kilts...Spikez, Maloch, Elrik.......

and let me tell you they are 3 of the sexiest sights I've ever seen :p

*drooooooooooooool*

Oath
10-11-03, 18:21
Originally posted by Danae
OMG thank you Jernau for pointing me to this thread :p

I have a major kilt fetish. I admit it. I made spikez wear a kilt for our wedding cuz his mum's side of the family is Scottish, and my gram's side of the family is Scottish.

and let me tell you they are 3 of the sexiest sighs I've ever seen :p

*drooooooooooooool*

Glad i never posted in the real life pics thread then :lol:

Dunno whym but a lot o peeps like men in kilts........dunno why.......and to answer someone question, yes..............they are cold, but they're wooly *depending on the style* so warms j00 gonads a lot lol.

Shockwave
10-11-03, 18:24
LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLLLLLL

LMAFAO RAWR!

And again, respect the forum rules people.........nationalism/racism/other isms............punishable by ban or in your case death.................at the hands o meh cs lol.

Oi! What did I say to merit a death threat with the +4 CS of Oath? :D

Call me a southern pansy if you like, but I count myself as having the sense to wear clothing that isn't going to make my clapper ring whenever there's a gust of wind! :D But, if you're insane enough to wear a kilt commando, good luck to you - I'm certainly not going to be calling your pint a poof! (Mainly because I value owning four attached limbs) :)

Elric
10-11-03, 18:24

and let me tell you they are 3 of the sexiest sighs I've ever seen :p

*drooooooooooooool*

sorry mods, but I can only post a smiley in reply to this due to being left speechless by danae ;)

Oath
10-11-03, 18:26
Oi! What did I say to merit a death threat with the +4 CS of Oath? :D

Call me a southern pansy if you like, but I count myself as having the sense to wear clothing that isn't going to make my clapper ring whenever there's a gust of wind! :D But, if you're insane enough to wear a kilt commando, good luck to you - I'm certainly not going to be calling your pint a poof! (Mainly because I value owning four attached limbs) :)

Lol,

@ elric, whats your secret dude lol.

Elric
10-11-03, 18:33
Lol,

@ elric, whats your secret dude lol.

em.... I dunno... Perhaps my natural tendadncy to talk alot and sometimes in an amusing manner... as well as the small exhibitionist streak for things like showing off me photos.

I guess i could just be a right sexy bugger... but I find that hard to believe.

heres me minus a kilt, then you can compare to kilt ones later... wheres the difference?

http://www.sfhclan.co.uk/images/elr.jpg

Duder
10-11-03, 18:38
Oh Elric, youre so cute and dreamy! ^___________^

Danae
10-11-03, 18:43
Glad i never posted in the real life pics thread then :lol:

Dunno whym but a lot o peeps like men in kilts........dunno why.......and to answer someone question, yes..............they are cold, but they're wooly *depending on the style* so warms j00 gonads a lot lol.

aww :( come on...slip me one in private i won't show anyone...i need my fix! hehe ;)

----

Personally, I think men secretly like getting dressed up as much as women, and when I get dressed up, I know I become more confident, and exude a different aura - I think the same holds true with a man in a kilt - Not only are you wearing it, feeling special because you're dressed up and know you look good, but you are also exhibiting the pride of a nation in a way - I think, therefore you look, and feel sexy and apeal to a wide variety of women. Anyway, I'll stop being philosophical and continue to oogle :p

*ph33r*
10-11-03, 18:48
I wear high-heels to make me taller ^___________________^

Oath
10-11-03, 18:48
aww :( come on...slip me one in private i won't show anyone...i need my fix! hehe ;)

/set movie_quote_ripoff 1

Why danae, are you trying to seduce me? :p :lol:

/end movie ripoff

Personally, I think men secretly like getting dressed up as much as women, and when I get dressed up, I know I become more confident, and exude a different aura - I think the same holds true with a man in a kilt - Not only are you wearing it, feeling special because you're dressed up and know you look good, but you are also exhibiting the pride of a nation in a way - I think. Anyway, I'll stop being philosophical and continue to oogle :p

thats deep...........but kinda true lol. :p

Elric
10-11-03, 18:49

Personally, I think men secretly like getting dressed up as much as women, and when I get dressed up, I know I become more confident, and exude a different aura - I think the same holds true with a man in a kilt - Not only are you wearing it, feeling special because you're dressed up and know you look good, but you are also exhibiting the pride of a nation in a way - I think. Anyway, I'll stop being philosophical and continue to oogle :p

Your probably dead right Danae. Thinking about it it does feel damn good when you know you look good. More confidence etc etc... Same can go with a Suit or Tux or whatever, but nothing beats a kilt on sheer impact and look.

Duder
10-11-03, 18:57
Originally posted by *ph33r*
I wear high-heels to make me taller ^___________________^

Oh cool, i wear eyeliners to make my eyes look neato!! ^_______________________________________^

Peeping Tom
10-11-03, 19:21
WTF there is only one nancy boy *grins*
i voted for the girly option
K4F

garyu69
10-11-03, 19:32
As we are all talking about Kilts does anyone know of a site where i can buy some Casual Kilts?

I have been looking for ages and can't find one. It'd be nice to have Kilts in my wardrobe for any occassion like a piss up on a friday night.

Preshock
10-11-03, 19:32
some people have some nice badges

Oath
10-11-03, 19:37
Originally posted by Preshock
some people have some nice badges

Where did yours go lol.

Was gonna take a whack at translating it a bit lol.

Danae
10-11-03, 19:42
You know that's something I've never looked into...anyone know where there is a resource for clan/family name info?

I'd like info on Brown and McCulloch.

Ren
10-11-03, 19:47
Nice thread, i might as well let have my input into it.

My Coat of Arms:

http://www.waaazup.com/p/uploads/6/Elliiottcrest2.JPG

My Clan Badge

http://www.waaazup.com/p/uploads/6/Elliottcrest1.JPG

A little bit of history about us well known Elliotts :)

During the middle ages the Elliotts were criminals, murders, sheep killers and theives....dont ask me why sheep, they just did lol.

Well they got busted (its always the way) by the queen who was about to kill them all (thank god she didnt, or i wouldnt be here), but she had a masterful idea.
Send them to Ireland.

Ireland was just having its troubles flairing up and to stop the catholics and teach them a lesson along come the Elliotts, we came, we murdered, we bought t-shirts, then we left.

I have no idea what my clan badge says, i really hope it doesnt sya "Fortify your rectum" ...... please God, no....

Also, let it be known, i've never killed a sheep, yet...at least.

ReefSmoker
10-11-03, 19:51
Originally posted by Ren
I have no idea what my clan badge says, i really hope it doesnt sya "Fortify your rectum" ...... please God, no....

Lol rest easy, it's latin for 'With fortitude and rectitude' :)

Take care,

Reefie

Ren
10-11-03, 19:55
rec·ti·tude ( P ) Pronunciation Key (rkt-td, -tyd)
n.
Moral uprightness; righteousness.
The quality or condition of being correct in judgment.
The quality of being straight.

lol, the quality of being straight....

for·ti·tude ( P ) Pronunciation Key (fôrt-td, -tyd)
n.
Strength of mind that allows one to endure pain or adversity with courage

Let it be known, i own you all.

PS. Hide those sheep....genetics....kicking....in........BLEH!

Elric
10-11-03, 19:55
Originally posted by Ren

Originally posted by ReefSmoker
Lol rest easy, it's latin for 'With fortitude and rectitude' :)

Take care,

Reefie

hmmm, suspiciously close tho arent they :p

Danae. Just google the names along with the terms "family" "Clan" "Geaneology" or "information". Bound to get something relevant. Thats how I found mine. I have it in a book at home too, but I dont have it with me to quote, so I had to google the name for a decent history.

Richard Adregen
10-11-03, 19:58
Originally posted by Ren

That one's siggy worthy! :lol::lol::lol:

Anyway, I wanna try a kilt! Anyone know where?

RA.

Elric
10-11-03, 20:00
Originally posted by Richard Adregen

RA.

Usually around yer waist :p

Ren
10-11-03, 20:01
Usually around yer waist :p

hahahaha thats funny, i nearly cried laughing

/me dies from sarcasim

Danae
10-11-03, 20:12
eep this family geneology thing has proved traumatic thanks to ren :p

I was told all my life my name Brumbaugh was german, and it turns out that's not true......It's English! wtp!

http://www.houseofnames.com/coatofarms_details.asp?sId=&s=brumbaugh

sanityislost
10-11-03, 20:27
ummmm last time i wore i kilt i was like 5 lol but yea kilts are uber hmmmm should prolly make a kilt PA sorta thing, would be better than the PE PA haha

oh and moobs>noobs :P

Elric
10-11-03, 20:29
Its really dependant on Country records to be honest. The historical origin of names can only be traced through the records that exist in whatever countries are there. They also take into account for name corruptions as well. Almost every name in existance can be traced back to English or Scot's or Irish origin due to the fact that we hold the largest most complete historical records in existance. (next to The Vatican, but they dont allow "public" viewing of everything). There is a good chance your name did originally come from Germany and was corrupted when they reached Britain to the ones listed there, or indeed vice versa.

Its a very fussy subject but usually very interesting and informative. Personally, I think mine has owned anyones so far :p

Kings of the Irish :D

Dribble Joy
10-11-03, 20:37
http://www.houseofnames.com/coatofarms_details.asp?sId=&s=wyre

Vero nihil verius... the translator seems to think it means 'Truely nothing true/actual/genuine/fair.'

buggar....

/edit could be something like 'In truth nothing is fair'?

ReefSmoker
10-11-03, 20:46
Originally posted by Dribble Joy
http://www.houseofnames.com/coatofarms_details.asp?sId=&s=wyre

Vero nihil verius... the translator seems to think it means 'Truely nothing true/actual/genuine/fair.'

buggar....

/edit could be something like 'In truth nothing is fair'?

Best translation of it is 'nothing truer than truth' :)

Take care,

Reefie

Neo LoneWolf
10-11-03, 20:47
Er - what most people consider to be a kilt, is a skirt - a real kilt has a closer similarity to a dress, or a sleeping bag . . .

Dribble Joy
10-11-03, 20:49
Originally posted by ReefSmoker
Best translation of it is 'nothing truer than truth' :)

Take care,

Reefie

Cheers, damn grammar, why can't words work the same way round as in english dammit :p

ReefSmoker
10-11-03, 20:55
Originally posted by Neo LoneWolf
Er - what most people consider to be a kilt, is a skirt - a real kilt has a closer similarity to a dress, or a sleeping bag . . .

Ahh, you refer to the plaid, a traditional kilt for want of a better phrase :) The plaid is one large piece of tartan, and there's a trick to putting it on quickly despite looking as if it would take a while to put on if taken by surprise in battle ! I do like plaids and have a couple (McMillan hunter's tartan and regular McMillan) but tbh you get more stick for wearing them, it takes a certain build of person to successfully pull off the 'braveheart' look :D

Take care,

Reefie

EDIT : NP DJ, just happy to be waking up language skills I'd long since forgotten from my school days !

Elric
10-11-03, 21:01
Originally posted by Richard Adregen

RA.

Gah, in my haste to make a funny I forgot to answer. best thing to do is check here
http://www.scottishstore.com/
or
http://www.thekiltstore.com/

2 that i could find that do international shipping.

Oh Elric, youre so cute and dreamy! ^___________^
God almighty... I just noticed that....

/me runs...

garyu69
10-11-03, 22:42
I'm getting my Clan Crest Tattooed to my back next week w00t

Danae
10-11-03, 22:55
ooh cool :D show us pics! tattoos and kilts.........now how much sexier can you get in one thread???

spikez is designing me a tattoo, but basically it'll be a pregnant celtic dragon holding this symbol:

http://www.celticattic.com/jewelry/images/celtic/pendants/triscele2.jpg (The Triscele was a sacred symbol to the Celtic People. It represents the eternal rhythm of life that we are all a part of. This ancient symbol adorned their most sacred places representing the trinity of life, most significantly, it represents the Goddess in all her forms ~ Maiden, Mother & Crone. - it's also been found in native american symbols and I'm part native american, it means pretty much the same thing in that culture)

and some how it will incoporate my son's name and spikez's name into the dragon's scales :D

Oath
10-11-03, 23:02
Pregnant Dragon O_o.................NNOOOOOOO KIDS DO NOT PWN!!

Where the hell you getting translations for these lol.

Virtutis Gloria Merces.

No history available for my family lol..............oh well.

Anyone find a decent translator for dat id be gratefull.

Virtue Glory and Mercy?

I R sexy.

Shockwave
10-11-03, 23:05
Yeah, while people are translating latin, any chance you could do my family motto while you're at it please? (Note: Not entirely sure on the spelling)

Nil carborundum illigitimi

Richard Adregen
10-11-03, 23:13
Yeah, while people are translating latin, any chance you could do my family motto while you're at it please? (Note: Not entirely sure on the spelling)

Umm... "No illegal carbon-based lifeforms"? :p :lol:

Nah, just guessing. REEF! He knows his latin :)

RA.

Elric
10-11-03, 23:28
as promised...

Here it is.

Me and My Brother in Kilts at my Wedding.

Enjoy....

http://www.mmccourt.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/Menbruvinkilts.JPG

-=9mm=-
10-11-03, 23:29
Doh seemed to missed this post but anyway Im from Scotland live in Dollar near Stirling.

Kilts and Bagpipes RULE!!!!
along with pretty much all Scotlands regiment names and mottos.

Nexxy
10-11-03, 23:32
nice legs :D

Artie
10-11-03, 23:33
lol us americans wear utilikilts...bout 400 for em' but they're leather....kinda fasionable here right now in the good ol' California :p

Danae
10-11-03, 23:47
Elrik *rawr* ;D

Since you shared your wedding pics, I will show you my men.

http://www.twistedspoon.net/files/weddingetc/jessekilt.jpg
My son :D

http://www.twistedspoon.net/files/spikezkilt.jpg
SpiKeZ

FuzzyDuck
10-11-03, 23:55
Elrik *rawr* ;D

Since you shared your wedding pics, I will show you my men.

www.twistedspoon.net/files/weddingetc/jessekilt.jpg
My son :D

www.twistedspoon.net/files/spikezkilt.jpg
SpiKeZ

for some reason those sites both crash my PC.

Also I'm of Scottish heritage and therefore wear a kilt.
Also 'cause it's damn cool.

wtf is Samuel L. Jackson doing in my skirt?:angel:

Elric
11-11-03, 00:23
aaaah, aint Jesse cute... actually so is Spikez ina Kilt O_o 8| :D

Heres one of My wee brothers too. Couldnt resist, they just look too cute and The Wife is in this one too so...

http://www.mmccourt.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/DSCF0055.JPG

Originally posted by Nexxy
nice legs :D

Well thank Nexxy ;)

ReefSmoker
11-11-03, 02:56
Virtutis Gloria Merces.

Glory is the reward of valour

Change the 'nil' to 'non' and it can mean 'don't let the bastards grind you down' :)

Take care,

Reefie

NeoChick
11-11-03, 08:08
OK if you wear nothing under the kilt and it is apparently very cold in Scotland, are you always frozen stiff?

sanityislost
11-11-03, 08:13
Originally posted by NeoChick
OK if you wear nothing under the kilt and it is apparently very cold in Scotland, are you always frozen stiff?

lol yea, makes for more fun tho :eek:

Oath
11-11-03, 11:48
Nice people, you got more balls than me, i maybe post a pic soon, its taken 3 months for meh clan mates to find out what i look like lol............

UBaR

Bob Monkhouse
11-11-03, 14:51
I am getting a kilt for my sister's wedding, and the best thing is my parents are paying!

My sister insisted on kilts for her close male relatives, and I persuaded her that rented kilts are scabby, so she in turn persuaded my old folks to stump up the readies. Only problem is, now I have a kilt my parents will start pressurising me to get married too so they get good value for money.......dammit, I have only been with the better half for 8 years, no rush.

BTW, its not THAT cold in parts of Scotland, my old stomping grounds on the west coast are positively balmy because of the Gulf Stream. We even have palm trees growing on the Promenades, but it does absolutely PISH with rain 24/7.

@ Elric, nice to see another proud victim of the Ginger Gene.

@ Velvet, you are VERY rude , you are lucky the mods missed that one;)

Oath
11-11-03, 15:06
Originally posted by Bob Monkhouse
I am getting a kilt for my sister's wedding, and the best thing is my parents are paying!

My sister insisted on kilts for her close male relatives, and I persuaded her that rented kilts are scabby, so she in turn persuaded my old folks to stump up the readies. Only problem is, now I have a kilt my parents will start pressurising me to get married too so they get good value for money.......dammit, I have only been with the better half for 8 years, no rush.

BTW, its not THAT cold in parts of Scotland, my old stomping grounds on the west coast are positively balmy because of the Gulf Stream. We even have palm trees growing on the Promenades, but it does absolutely PISH with rain 24/7.

@ Velvet, you are VERY rude , you are lucky the mods missed that one;)

Not that cold on east side, its the 1337 westside thats freezing lol.

Shockwave
11-11-03, 16:11
Originally posted by NeoChick

Yeah - I imagine sex with a kilt-wearer starts with something vaguely reminiscent of starting a fire with two sticks. :D

Oath
11-11-03, 16:22
Yeah - I imagine sex with a kilt-wearer starts with something vaguely reminiscent of starting a fire with two sticks. :D

Lmao.................well..............

garyu69
11-11-03, 16:44
I picked up traces of the ginger gene, although it only affects facial hair. Which can get reall annoying :(

TheEnemy
11-11-03, 17:02
There is nothing more manly than a kilt. You can just lift it up and shag anything, anytime.

Some of my ancestors were Macdonalds (not to be confused with McDonald).

aelfkins
11-11-03, 17:45
If it's worn by a sexy female its a skirt. If its worn by a big smelly guy then its a kilt(unless he's wearing pumps). :p

Bob Monkhouse
11-11-03, 18:36
Oath, I know Wedgie scum are not the smartest, but the WEST coast is significantly warmer than the EAST coast. Trust me, I have lived on both.

Oath
11-11-03, 18:51
Oath, I know Wedgie scum are not the smartest, but the WEST coast is significantly warmer than the EAST coast. Trust me, I have lived on both.

Erm..........ok.

Thats what i said............wtf is wedgie scum lol, hope its nothing to upset me. :(

Elric
11-11-03, 19:00
Erm..........ok.

Thats what i said............wtf is wedgie scum lol, hope its nothing to upset me. :(

lol, its the east version of a ned

www.glasgowsurvival.co.uk <--- Ultimate ned guide.

ReefSmoker
11-11-03, 19:14
www.glasgowsurvival.co.uk <--- Ultimate ned guide.

ROFL - Classic site !! The gallery of neds was a good laugh :D

Take care,

Reefie

Dissenter
11-11-03, 19:57
So a ned is basicly what people around my end would call a Scally?

Or further south maybe a Townie?

Man britain can be fucked up sometimes :lol:

Bob Monkhouse
11-11-03, 19:58
Oh my god! That is the funniest thing I have seen for a LONG time, thanks Elric.

I'm not an East coaster in fact, I'm from Gourock. EVERYONE outside of Glasgow refers to its fine inhabitants as "wedgie scum". (Even the Queen apparently) :angel:

Ned = non educated delinquient, basically anyone in a shell suit and baseball cap who communicated in small syllables.

Oath
11-11-03, 23:31
Oh my god! That is the funniest thing I have seen for a LONG time, thanks Elric.

I'm not an East coaster in fact, I'm from Gourock. EVERYONE outside of Glasgow refers to its fine inhabitants as "wedgie scum". (Even the Queen apparently) :angel:

Ned = non educated delinquient, basically anyone in a shell suit and baseball cap who communicated in small syllables.

You mean the people i bar from the local pubs? *lets count the syllables

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
WIT YAE DANE YA BAS, YIR GET - IN - IT PRICK

In neocron terms it translates to this.

wtf........KOS,

I know them well, nothing gives me more pleasure when i work than turfing a few of them out, oh the profanities that ensue :lol:

But the post isnt about neds, townies, wedgie, tossers or fucktards, its about kilts, and wether or not theyre manly.

Elric
11-11-03, 23:58
You mean the people i bar from the local pubs? *lets count the syllables

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
WIT YAE DANE YA BAS, YIR GET - IN - IT PRICK

In neocron terms it translates to this.

wtf........KOS,

ROFL :lol:

, its about kilts, and wether or not theyre manly.

Of course they are... Case closed :D

MrBane
12-11-03, 00:03
Anyone that believes Kilts are a womans fashion item, and that any man wearing them is a hairy puff, can come into the center of Glasgow when the Scotland Rugby team have a game on.

The streets are filled with men, real men, big, burly hairy men called Tam and Wullie, the kind of men you could imagine chopping down trees or digging at a coal face, or working in a steelworks.

All of them are wearing kilts.

Some big, nasty looking bastards, and when the boys and me hit the town for one of the games, we all get kilted up for it, myself, Macpherson tartan. Pair of good, sturdy boots, a comfy wool jumper and the kilt with the belt and sporran. Sorted.

'tis not a girly item, it's a national item worn by men proud of their heritage, and proud that we have one of the single most renowned pieces of clothing ever invented.

Very few countries have the kind of identity Scotland has. Very few countries find such a reaction from people when we inform others where we are from.

Scotland the Brave, for we shall not falter and shall not fall.

Not even in our 'skirts'

Rooooooarrrrghhhhhh motherfuckers!

Elric
12-11-03, 00:07
Originally posted by MrBane
Anyone that believes Kilts are a womans fashion item, and that any man wearing them is a hairy puff, can come into the center of Glasgow when the Scotland Rugby team have a game on.

The streets are filled with men, real men, big, burly hairy men called Tam and Wullie, the kind of men you could imagine chopping down trees or digging at a coal face, or working in a steelworks.

Some big, nasty looking bastards, and when the boys and me hit the town for one of the games, we all get kilted up for it, myself, Macpherson tartan. Pair of good, sturdy boots, a comfy wool jumper and the kilt with the belt and sporran. Sorted.

'tis not a girly item, it's a national item worn by men proud of their heritage, and proud that we have one of the single most renowned pieces of clothing ever invented.

Very few countries have the kind of identity Scotland has. Very few countries find such a reaction from people when we inform others where we are from.

Not even in our 'skirts'

/me hugs MrBane.... In a manly way of course... erm...

well said.

sanityislost
12-11-03, 00:14
MrBane well said, tho i think we should start a new tradition where we set ourselves on fire

moobs>noobs:D

ben77890
12-11-03, 01:26
gah, when will those Eu fuckheads leave us alone? i vote we up root the uk, stick engines underneath it, and go into orbit.

Ren
12-11-03, 01:39
a ned is old copper slang (i belive from Scotland) for "non-educated-delinquent"

It stuck

Other places call them different things, round mine we call them "charva's and "Radgies" lol

Marx
12-11-03, 01:41
Kilts only work if ye' have manly legs, with thighs like tree trunks and calves like I-beams.

That and steel wool for leg hair.

Danae
12-11-03, 01:41

Not even in our 'skirts'

*grins wildly* never before have I orgasmed while reading text before! well said :)

Marx
12-11-03, 01:44
*grins wildly* never before have I orgasmed while reading text before! well said :)

8|

Egad.

I'd hate to see how a seedy pulp novel works ya'.

:lol:

garyu69
12-11-03, 11:42

Not even in our 'skirts'

Rooooooarrrrghhhhhh motherfuckers! Yeah, Bring it on.

Oath
12-11-03, 11:50
Well........we won't falter........until we reach a patch of thistles :lol:

I know two guys called tam and wullie........even i wouldn't fuck with em :lol: I like my kneecaps :D.