PDA

View Full Version : how do the "bad guys" do it ?

greploco
10-11-03, 15:50
---------------------------
note: this post/question has nothing to do with the value of a persons actions so please don't bother responding on that point. the descriptor "bad guys" is pretty much based on your perspective. if you play TG then city factions are to be looked out for and if you play city factions then TG are to be looked out for. this is a healthy part of the game yadda yadda yadda etc etc etc
so on to my question
---------------------------

ok, I've been pkd and seen lots of base raids and all manner of stuff. I've seen people that really role play a bit and kos faction enemies and stuff.

my question to you guys is "how are they doing this?"

lets face it, you can't exactly pick the locations of your fights (legit or otherwise) to be only warzones. about 1/2 of the time, more than that actually, whenever I get in a fight and kill someone I almost always take a SL hit. and you know the rules -- a huge massive mondo large SL hit.

no, I don't intentionally seek out easy kills or fights or comb the hunting-grounds zones or anything like that. whether you like it or not fights happen will here and there. and after about 1/2 of them I'm freaked out because I'm in danger of losing my backpack protection cause my SL drops are huge. really huge.

so --- for all those people who get out there and cause a little healthy mayhem, who spice up the environment with base raids and stuff like that. where their goal is to actually find a fight - how do they do this without getting like -52 SL in a matter of 30 seconds?

SpAcEDoUbT
10-11-03, 15:54
In my experience. the true pkers will not be concerned about their sl, as they play a role and take the concequences.

Only the griefers seem to worry ( and stick their le into get sl back up)

Crest
10-11-03, 15:56
Not that hard.....

CA friendly were defending plaza 1 Aggies cellars against TG invaders....

I took a massive hit on SL from 100 to -3 .... 1 aggie mission and I am back to +5 ... and so it went on... +5 then -3 then +5 ......

Also if the enemy has a negative SL and you kill them you dont loose SL.

Ok I lost 103 SL the first time, but after that it drops you to just below 0.

At the same time getting SL above 0 does not take long.

As for belts ... even at 100 SL my belt was still hackable, so be carefull here. Dont think its imposible to hack a belt of 100 sl char. It just means a slightly higher skill, or a PPU to boost you

CarniFlex
10-11-03, 15:57
you dont loose anything for shooting enemy factions unless theyre green soullight in a hunting ground.

neutrals same thing but you loose sl if theyre green in anarchy/hunting zones.

Allies with green you loose sl and faction sympathy
allies with yellow you loose nothing but faction sympathy

Pi-Oh-Pah
10-11-03, 15:59
I found a nice collection of 3 belts under the tower at Catlock Bay last night - 2 were full of crap but 1 had a nice 4 slot A&W Rapid Fire SMG in it :)

El_MUERkO
10-11-03, 16:03
One way is to leave urself logged on over night in your app letting your SL go back up but generally a negative SL can be cured in 2/3 hard missions.

Actually I punched LVirus to death at MB when he was a low lvl spy and went from 94 sl to -14 in two kills, yes KK Soul Light works just fine :)

Sundiver
10-11-03, 16:06
Originally posted by Pi-Oh-Pah
I found a nice collection of 3 belts under the tower at Catlock Bay last night - 2 were full of crap but 1 had a nice 4 slot A&W Rapid Fire SMG in it :)

LOL I'm going there today, so you should check back later. If you're lucky, you'll find a PCL1000 drone.. :p

greploco
10-11-03, 16:10
I didn't know those rules CarniFlex, thanks

the concern with SL is how many items you drop in your belt, which can be a lot. and at some point you lose your backpack protection right? so people can just walk up and loot it. and as for getting it back up? where do you do missions for that if it's at -12 or below? copbots will keep you out of the city.

so this is quite a hassle no?

hmm, every time it seems with the _first_kill_ I drop to -10 or -11. this even happened for some epic kills even though that's not supposed to happen.

dr.fish
10-11-03, 17:26
i dropped to -15 last night, kept logged over night at plaza and on morning i was 15, so i do that almost every night ( altho usually i dont get really high, this is the first time ever i stayed all night without a crash :) )

KimmyG
10-11-03, 17:29
Originally posted by greploco
lets face it, you can't exactly pick the locations of your fights (legit or otherwise) to be only warzones. about 1/2 of the time, more than that actually, whenever I get in a fight and kill someone I almost always take a SL hit. and you know the rules -- a huge massive mondo large SL hit.

Here is how I do it 3 kills then fun is over. Mission time great feature eh.

Or if you having to much fun go ass red then book it, then dump ur shit in the gogo get a fair wepon and your now exiled to the outlands for a good long time to repair your SL.

Jesterthegreat
10-11-03, 17:32
... i tend to kill enemies O_o

KimmyG
10-11-03, 17:33
Originally posted by greploco
the concern with SL is how many items you drop in your belt, which can be a lot. and at some point you lose your backpack protection right? so people can just walk up and loot it. and as for getting it back up? where do you do missions for that if it's at -12 or below? copbots will keep you out of the city.

YOu can land maybe 3 kills before going below -16 wich is the big number from 0 to -15 you can still go anywhere in the city cops wont shoot you.

You will never lose backpack saftey.

After -16 you lose the safe slot and will drop 5 items instead of one.

El Barto
10-11-03, 17:33
Well, there is always the fact that if they go some where like TH or MB and are TG, nearly every one they meet in those locatinos will be an enemy faction, so they get no SL hit.

KimmyG
10-11-03, 17:35
Originally posted by El Barto
Well, there is always the fact that if they go some where like TH or MB and are TG, nearly every one they meet in those locatinos will be an enemy faction, so they get no SL hit.

NO chances are you will meet a pack of neutrals and allies as well.

Shadow Dancer
11-11-03, 00:37
Originally posted by SpAcEDoUbT
In my experience. the true pkers will not be concerned about their sl, as they play a role and take the concequences.

Only the griefers seem to worry ( and stick their le into get sl back up)

Which is why their are no true PKers, because they have -100 SL and no items left.

ANYWAYS, when I pked I only "pked" enemy faction members to avoid SL loss. There was one time I saw 2 people I disliked and killed both of them with my ppu. But it turns out those 2 people were part of like 8. So I ended up like -20 SL. LoL Thank god I didn't drop my Holy Lightning.

I try to avoid SL loss. If being red was more "viable" I would do it. But losing 34807238047 items and your rares upon death is a bit too much.

Artie
11-11-03, 00:46
I preferred to kill someone, run around, do missions, come back, continue to kill, then run back...

I think there has to be some advantage to having neg sl....i've always thought this to be the case. Perhaps we might be able to access a special "pk'er only" spot where we could get cheap discounts on good weapons (so we could continue our pk spree, although not rares, so we'd be outgunned a bit, but we'd have our skillz and numbers) or maybe we drop the same amount.

It just doesn't make sense that people who pk are forced to have no benifits, whereas people fighting the pkers don't have to risk anything. NO SENSE AT ALL KTHXBYE. grr -_-

SpAcEDoUbT
11-11-03, 00:55
Originally posted by Shadow Dancer
Which is why their are no true PKers, because they have -100 SL and no items left.

ANYWAYS, when I pked I only "pked" enemy faction members to avoid SL loss. There was one time I saw 2 people I disliked and killed both of them with my ppu. But it turns out those 2 people were part of like 8. So I ended up like -20 SL. LoL Thank god I didn't drop my Holy Lightning.

I try to avoid SL loss. If being red was more "viable" I would do it. But losing 34807238047 items and your rares upon death is a bit too much.

You should play on venus :) , apart from certain players on there, I can recall only one pker who took the consequences of his actions. He was probably THE most notorious pker on Uranus at one stage :)

That should be enough for most people who know who Im talkin about.

g0rt
11-11-03, 01:18
Soullight helps make this game boring. It doesn't do SQUAT except make the game a bore, plain and simple.

- Does it stop rpking? No
- Does it stop noob pking? No
- Does it stop pking in hunting areas? No

- Does it stop people from having fun raiding enemy bases because allied faction members could be there? Yes
- Does it stop people from having fun pvping against neutral clans that they are AT WAR with in PP1? Yes

It doesnt do anything to help the game, it just makes people bored because they have to do missions all the time. Oh yeah and theres no point in trying to rack up SL because you can spend a week getting 100 sl and if some noob runs in front of your aoe weapon and dies there goes all ur work.

Soullight is shit, and should be removed from the game.

joran420
11-11-03, 01:27
i dont think SL needs to go...i think it definatly needs some tweaking though(IE no SL loss for kill clans u at war with in anarchy zones....I think SL hit in hunting grounds should actually be increased)

Artie
11-11-03, 01:28
Originally posted by g0rt
Soullight helps make this game boring. It doesn't do SQUAT except make the game a bore, plain and simple.

- Does it stop rpking? No
- Does it stop noob pking? No
- Does it stop pking in hunting areas? No

- Does it stop people from having fun raiding enemy bases because allied faction members could be there? Yes
- Does it stop people from having fun pvping against neutral clans that they are AT WAR with in PP1? Yes

It doesnt do anything to help the game, it just makes people bored because they have to do missions all the time. Oh yeah and theres no point in trying to rack up SL because you can spend a week getting 100 sl and if some noob runs in front of your aoe weapon and dies there goes all ur work.

Soullight is shit, and should be removed from the game.

here here.

Shadow Dancer
11-11-03, 01:30
Make a new type of clan key for LE people. Make LE a spine implant. There, now you made LE "completely" viable. So if you don't want PvP or to be pked, you have no excuse. Then they could make Pking/Pvping alot more viable and there would be no excuse.

g0rt
11-11-03, 01:31
Originally posted by joran420
i dont think SL needs to go...i think it definatly needs some tweaking though(IE no SL loss for kill clans u at war with in anarchy zones....I think SL hit in hunting grounds should actually be increased)

SL in hunting grounds increased? Are you insane? Fine I agree maybe for the aggy cellars and whatnot.

But...the chaos caves? Last time I went there and found 4 Tangent Techs in there I came out with -32 sl (ya i was already close to -16 going in)

Did soullight stop me from pking them all? NO. They are TG ENEMIES in TG TERRITORY, the chaos cave is a high level dungeon its the lats place in the GAME that should be protected from anyone.

All that SL did here was waste a good 2 hours of my time, boring boring time...and the whole time im thinking why am I doing this? I just cleared out pro-cityadmin people from TG territory, and I get PUNISHED for it?

SL is crap.

KimmyG
11-11-03, 01:36
Originally posted by Shadow Dancer
Make a new type of clan key for LE people. Make LE a spine implant. There, now you made LE "completely" viable. So if you don't want PvP or to be pked, you have no excuse. Then they could make Pking/Pvping alot more viable and there would be no excuse.

Just make LE a flag like every other fucking game on th planet. You have an option to release the pvp flag and once you do game over your pvp pron for good. Forget this what if someone doesn't know what there getting into well lets see everything I have every played, gives a small warning about turning of the pvp flag and after that it tough shit.

As for epics on make if so you have to kill a faction gaurd or some that would beat thge hell out of paying 10k for lvl --/-- to kill.

As for SL itself take it out it is destroying the game everyone ends up taking SL hits and no one likes it.

I have had one to many good fights ended simple because of the SL hits.

I really wouldn't care what form of nib protection you want to put in make low lvl area safe zones for all I care but kill this high lvl pvp handicap shit.

Tycho C
11-11-03, 01:38
At -16 you have red SL but cops don't shoot you. But, you still loose your safeslot I believe.

I love to nitpick

Cyphor
11-11-03, 01:43

No use your skill and dont kill your allies... The game is an RPG and therefore if you have a faction you should be bound to follow its rules to play through the story.

Imo rather than the no faction being allied/neutral to all it should be enemies to all, why would you get kicked from a faction and stay allied/ neutral to them? o_O

This would solve the prob as pkers who want to kill everyone, can pk all factions without sl loss and allow people to better identify who is going to kill them so they can defend themselves.

Tbh though most people who pk in this game are good roleplayers with only a few killing allies/ teaming with enemies etc.

KimmyG
11-11-03, 01:48
Originally posted by Cyphor
This would solve the prob as pkers who want to kill everyone, can pk all factions without sl loss and allow people to better identify who is going to kill them so they can defend themselves.

I dont really have to much prob going red if they take of the dam penaltys Make red a its time to run this guys is a killer thing and have you banned from the city thats fine to.

But I wont put my HL and armour and all other spells up to gain a med pack.

Loot only works if it falls both ways like in UO.

Get pked lost your shit. Go find someone kill them to replace your shit problem solved it was balance.

Here go red die lose your armour,wepons and who knows what elese kill someone and gain nothing.

Style
11-11-03, 01:50
they do it by playing 24/7 right KK?

how about making the rules back the way they was, or release neptune. so the part time, and players who like to play the real bad guy who don't join the biggest faction

KimmyG
11-11-03, 01:51
Originally posted by Style
how about making the rules back the way they was, or release neptune. so the part time, and players who like to play the real bad guy who don't join the biggest faction

I dont even really wanna see neptune I can see half the carebears on this game invade it and pussfie it all to hell

Artie
11-11-03, 01:56
Save 10-15 million. Buy tons of PA, and get about 10-15 best non rare pvp weapons. Stash them. Stash tons of ammo. Stash everything you need +5-6 spares in your apt. Get just what you need and run to aggie cellars. Kill kill kill till you go down. Warp to Cycrow. Kil killkill till you go down. Restock in apt, wait for synap. Warp to merc. Killkillkillkill till you go down. PM people saying you want to see their sorry ass at the battle dome. Meet them there. Prove to them your skills.

Restock. Hopefully you have a few people that think it's cool what you're doing. Thats good. You need more of a admiration than anything, some followers if you will. Give them about 5 mill, tell them to come back when they are ready. Get a PPU if you want to be cheap. Warp to TH, Kill some people but before you die, warp back. Be more careful around the person you just recruited, as you don't want to seem be easily killed.

Restock, assess situation. Check gogo, make sure you have at least 3 spares for what you're doing next. Warp to cycrow, don't kill anyone stay low...go to chaos caves. Do some chaos. Warp to next chaos cave. Repeat. Warp out if you can do it, (you'll most likely die doing this, if so no biggie) restock friend with another 2 mill, and hopefully you should have a building friendly contact.

Warp to NC gates. Wait around, gank anything that moves. Once people start calling in clannies, move out. Bring a hovertec with you. Post screenies of the entire spree

Poof, you have instant pk'er fame. ^_^ Using the people who saw the screenies, cultivate more contacts. Create more builders. Tell people you're doing a "cause" and you're trying to "prove something". Above all, keep the flow of money positive.

That is how you can legit pvp with -100 sl.

Cyphor
11-11-03, 01:56
Originally posted by KimmyG
I dont really have to much prob going red if they take of the dam penaltys Make red a its time to run this guys is a killer thing and have you banned from the city thats fine to.

But I wont put my HL and armour and all other spells up to gain a med pack.

Loot only works if it falls both ways like in UO.

Get pked lost your shit. Go find someone kill them to replace your shit problem solved it was balance.

Here go red die lose your armour,wepons and who knows what elese kill someone and gain nothing.

Well id agree that, remove the 5 item drop penalty, never understood that anyway, best idea is norm drops but shot on sight by cops.

Still think to stop getting killed by an ally you should loose faction symp, to the extent eventually you loose your faction and are an enemy to all. It wont hurt the pker and helps people to identify you as the bad guy. I think pking is a great fun if doing it and adds atmosphere if on the recieving end; having to watch your back etc. However this game is still a rpg so should have faction boundries and should punish you for killing your allies/ helping your enemies.

KimmyG
11-11-03, 01:58
@Artie

You do that

Its really not simple.

Artie
11-11-03, 02:01
@Artie

You do that

Its really not simple.

I've "Done" it.

I use to pk back in beta. I had 3-4 via3 apts full of "trophies"....they were stuff that n00bs dropped. Junkknifes a few other things

I had rares up the wazoo. Nearly every dex related one i wanted. I had 10 or more apts. I had a few tanks.

But more importantly, i have pvp'd like that. I'm saying this through exp...not neccessarily through "theories"

However, you need to be reasonably well known before you do it. If not, you get labeled a simple ganker.

KimmyG
11-11-03, 02:04
Originally posted by Artie
I've "Done" it.
I use to pk back in beta. I had 3-4 via3 apts full of "trophies"....they were stuff that n00bs dropped. Junkknifes a few other things

Well if you get yourself a hacker you maight fill your cabs full of medpacks thats the best loot a pk can hope for.

This sure as hell isn't beta nor is it early retail

Artie
11-11-03, 02:09
Well if you get yourself a hacker you maight fill your cabs full of medpacks thats the best loot a pk can hope for.

true. the system that is in place now isn't workable to make a profit offa the people you kill. It's to make a profit offa the people you have respect you. You have to be honourable in at least some way. (I.E. if it's a n00b and he demands a explanation of what you're doing, give him 5k for the trouble and tell him he got in your way)

You should always be considerate and kind. Even when i was ganking the aggies waaay back when i always gave back the stuff i took if the person messaged me back nicely. Many did, but some insulted me. Those that insulted me, weeeeelll....i kept their shit. ^^ That's why i'm not horribly hated on the forums as much, as all those little n00bs became big bad vets...(ha ha) and such....Although i did tell people i was a chick so i could get away with things easier (i.e. the "fanboy" effect, the reason why i did it in the first place)

Also, i never said it was easy. In fact, what i said is hard as hell. It's never easy, and you're going to hit resistance. However, if you tweaked your resists for a few weeks, you enter fully prepared into places with people least expecting it, you have a fairly good chance of pulling it off. It's just a matter of if you can do it.

Also, @ the hacker comment (once more) it's not what you take, it's the insult to injury.

joran420
11-11-03, 02:21
yes i think penalties for PKing in hunting grounds should be raised i dropped from +3 to - 6 for killing an allied faction runner in the chaos caves i think one kill should have dropped me to at least -10.

[edit] and at -15 you lose your safe slot...at -16 u get shot by cops....whoever asked if at -16 u get shot by cops

Artie
11-11-03, 02:22
yes i think penalties for PKing in hunting grounds should be raised i dropped from +3 to - 6 for killing an allied faction runner in the chaos caves i think one kill should have dropped me to at least -10.

????

Why would you want to raise it? Do you like timesinks??
O' well, you're entitled to your opinion....but at least support why you said that other than you "think it to be so"......
o_O

KimmyG
11-11-03, 02:30

[edit] and at -15 you lose your safe slot...at -16 u get shot by cops....whoever asked if at -16 u get shot by cops

Do you have any idea how many times some moron has hoped in front of my mally or thunderstorm and died and you want a super harsh penalty .

Hell in the caves there should be no SL loss.

Shakari
11-11-03, 02:34
Do you have any idea how many times some moron has hoped in front of my mally or thunderstorm and died and you want a super harsh penalty .

Hell in the caves there should be no SL loss.

Yup i agree

my monk of saturn went from 30 sl to -37 when 4 spies and a mid lvl pe ran round a tight corner in the caves at TG right into my 4 x holy thunderstorm barrel grrr untill then i was soloing the damn caves

joran420
11-11-03, 02:46
i dont know i think no SL loss would lead to more PKing in hunting zones than already existed most of the ppl in the caves are just trying to lvl many of them are between attack rank 40-50 and cant really defend them selves yet....if theyve trekked half way across the wast lands just to lvl...it kinda sucks to give them a free trip back to their apt. its just my opinion I dont like PKing in hunting zones ...of coarse i wasnt taking into account the damn melee tanks that always get in the way of AOE and droners...but if your teamed there is no SL (cept for drones which is retarded) i think if they actually made the clan war list count for more than just words this would fix most of the problems

[edit] i just really dont like PKing in hunting grounds and if you decide to do it i think the penalties should be extreme

KimmyG
11-11-03, 02:50
i dont know i think no SL loss would lead to more PKing in hunting zones than already existed most of the ppl in the caves are just trying to lvl many of them are between attack rank 40-50 and cant really defend them selves yet....if theyve trekked half way across the wast lands just to lvl...it kinda sucks to give them a free trip back to their apt. its just my opinion I dont like PKing in hunting zones ...of coarse i wasnt taking into account the damn melee tanks that always get in the way of AOE and droners...but if your teamed there is no SL (cept for drones which is retarded) i think if they actually made the clan war list count for more than just words this would fix most of the problems

[edit] i just really dont like PKing in hunting grounds and if you decide to do it i think the penalties should be extreme

WHY? Any caos cave group shouldn't be any joke. Most caos teams should be able to walk over a few PKs. If you cant handle a few maybe your not caos cave matterial yet.

g0rt
11-11-03, 03:03
If you can't defend yourself, you have no business leveling the chaos caves...you are too weak...end of story.

I think either remove SL, or do what the other guy said earlier.... leave SL the way it is but remove the bullshit 5 item drop on death. I dont even care about the safeslot fuck it, if ur red no safe slot thats fair enough I can still PK with a 1 slot non-rare weapon on my monk/pe but the 5 item drop is just carebear to hell. Either that or make everyone drop 5 items :p

Artie
11-11-03, 03:07
If you can't defend yourself, you have no business leveling the chaos caves...you are too weak...end of story.

I think either remove SL, or do what the other guy said earlier.... leave SL the way it is but remove the bullshit 5 item drop on death. I dont even care about the safeslot fuck it, if ur red no safe slot thats fair enough I can still PK with a 1 slot non-rare weapon on my monk/pe but the 5 item drop is just carebear to hell. Either that or make everyone drop 5 items :p

haha...go a bit further man..make it uber cool

No belts, full item drops. Have a "hardcore server" with perm-death...that would be wicked.

Have to fix server stability before you could do that though..that's the real reason why noone drops anything...the servers will lag out too much.

g0rt
11-11-03, 03:08
Originally posted by Artie
haha...go a bit further man..make it uber cool

No belts, full item drops. Have a "hardcore server" with perm-death...that would be wicked.

Have to fix server stability before you could do that though..that's the real reason why noone drops anything...the servers will lag out too much.

Ya not even possible with the amount of bugs in Neocron.

But if they made a server like that, I would be there anyway. Bugs or not it would be a hell of a ride :eek: ;)

Artie
11-11-03, 03:15
Ya not even possible with the amount of bugs in Neocron.

But if they made a server like that, I would be there anyway. Bugs or not it would be a hell of a ride :eek: ;)

haha yeah it would...think of the server dynamics. PK'ers would actually be VERY VERY scared. I'd tone down the copbots to TH sec bot lvl....so people could run by them if they're quick. Also, cst'ers would have to be very very careful...and rares would be pointless. Noone would be capped, but those that were would be very respected (never wanna fuck with a capped guy unless you're ganging up on him)

It would be badass. ^_^

Phlith
11-11-03, 03:24
Reminds me of Diablo II hardcore mode... oh the memories... :D

greendonkeyuk
11-11-03, 03:27
yeah i nailed four people tonight at mb and got down to -15 sl (neutral factions), another dude attacked me and then i lost another 2 sl for defending myself.... that made me red. pissed me right off too as i didnt want to kill him. poor guy. Imo i think they should remove sl hits for neutral factions, of if not remove then half current penalties. Hunting grounds, i agree should have stiff penalties on sl hits, however i DO NOT think that caves should be hunting grounds for the simple reason that hunting grounds are for noobs, caves are not.

Artie
11-11-03, 03:48
Originally posted by Phlith
Reminds me of Diablo II hardcore mode... oh the memories... :D

hahahahah totally...i can just see the ppu's raising hordes of skeletons...:p