PDA

View Full Version : [BRAINPORT] Dynamic faction relations

LVirus
10-11-03, 10:22
Because of current situation in Pluto, it make me wonder how about making Neocron really a dynamic place.

Currenly a clan where I am, is having 2 ALLIED enemies, both from different factions. Whenever I go to level, Crahn tries to kill me or in Tech Haven (Fallen Angels) go nuts about me. Now, I know it has something to do with my clan but seriously about in RP way, how come sworn enemies like CA, Crahn, BRTF, BD allies against TG ?? :eek:

There should be a weekly vote or perhaps a meeting with each lead person voted in faction (You know, that voting system which is kinda useless now) goes to a meeting and sits down and talks about current SERVER situation and changes allies around. How about that crahn goes to war against TG and thus, Crahn turns RED to TG and won't anymore take away SL for killing them.

This would really make Neocron much more intresting. Of course there should be some limitations like CA allying with TG etc, but those minor factions without clear plot should get change to go eighter democracy forces (TG) or dictator ship (CA).

What you guys think? ;)

Archeus
10-11-03, 10:41
I think it should be up to the Faction head that is voted in to control the city and faction settings.

I think you should be allowed to change like the following.

Friendly - Hostile
Neutral - Hostile
Hostile - Neutral

Marked Hostiles should not be allowed to use GRs (in or out) of Faction owned areas.

GRs should stop working in apartments of hostile owners. So they have to fight to get in and out of thier apartment (no easy escape).

Faction changing should also revert after a while or is a new head is voted in.

Divide
10-11-03, 10:50
Ive actually been preaching this idea for a while, just never on the forums. I think it would be a great way for the players to help move along with their own story line, so each server could really be a completely different place.

LVirus
10-11-03, 12:16
Indeed, each server would be a different universe. It's inevitable (Gosh, I sound like Mr. Smith :D ) because each server got unique humans and different persons.

But propably KK don't have power or time or cash to make this one happen :(

El_MUERkO
10-11-03, 12:56
Dynamic faction relations have been thought of before and I personally love the idea but I'm guessing it'd require a massive ammount of coding thinking of all the variables that'd have to be taken into account.

Maybe for neocron 2 :)

Wannabe
10-11-03, 13:24
Indeed, this is something that requires attention. It's kinda odd having someone who is allied to your faction to hunt your head and be allied with their factions blood-enemy, namely the CA and Crahn alliance in the Pluto server.

It shouldn't be too difficult to code and I think the coders are payed their salary for the coding, not the saying "Sorry, too much work. Wanna go play snooker or Counter-strike?"

Once the major bugs (synch issues, exploits etc) are fixed, the coders could make this happen but I guess it's up to MJS to decide.

// Wannabe

P.s. Love that third option, let's see how many votes it will have :D

GambitFlame
10-11-03, 13:28
Originally posted by LVirus
how come sworn enemies like CA, Crahn, BRTF, BD allies against TG ?? :eek:

Er since when were BRTF the whole of City Mercs :p and CM arent enemies to CA at all....BD and crahn i do however agree with wats up with that o_O

Im CA on pluto and its very odd (not unwelcome tho) to ally with Crahn for a fight that would even up the numbers, but you try pickin the right red guy to hit :lol: the amount of times ive hit (by accident) the guys that we are allied with just because in the heat of battle if you stop to check the faction of the red guy you are usually gonna die in 10 secs :eek: :D

LVirus
10-11-03, 13:44
Well, as not saying any names but I said those faction because they are in some way and some how enemies to each other ;)

What makes me also wonder if it's really worth of all fuzzle, is that how about at least make CLAN WARS working. This way we could make war against CERTAIN CLAN in certain FACTION even thou they are ALLIED. I know that even if your allied to certain thing/issue/faction/country/ideology, there can always be some bad apples to be cleaned out.

Beside, if you really wanna KK's attention, put 5 stars and they would really see that people needs more dynamic stuff ingame :)

El_MUERkO
10-11-03, 13:48
Also L Virus alot of clans on Pluto have turned againist FF because they were being greedy and taking to many OPs on the map and refusing to share the welath, you'll notice alot of your factions allies dont attack Spirit.

LVirus
10-11-03, 14:26
Originally posted by El_MUERkO
Also L Virus alot of clans on Pluto have turned againist X because they were being greedy and taking to many OPs on the map and refusing to share the welath, you'll notice alot of your factions allies dont attack Y .

Yes, well that leads to another stuff. Why on earth TG based clan makes a NAP with CA based clan? That I don't understand. And about you El Muerko saying clans names .. tsk tsk .. just avoid saying names because we who know those names know em. Rest of people just need to know factions. Please edit your post or mods will close this thread about being INGAME stuff.

Oh btw, its LVirus not L Virus :p

Jesterthegreat
10-11-03, 14:27
this was planned in beta - its still awaiting kk bothering O_o

•Super|\|ova•
10-11-03, 14:51
asdasd

sorry... quoted you instead of LV and can't delete the damn post :)

Jesterthegreat
10-11-03, 14:52
:edit: hehe

•Super|\|ova•
10-11-03, 14:54
Yes, well that leads to another stuff. Why on earth TG based clan makes a NAP with CA based clan? That I don't understand. And about you El Muerko saying clans names .. tsk tsk .. just avoid saying names because we who know those names know em. Rest of people just need to know factions. Please edit your post or mods will close this thread about being INGAME stuff.

Umm... Just for your information LV, we have no NAP with any hostile clan. How did you come up with shit like that? o_O

\\Fényx//
10-11-03, 15:04

erm like nova said, there are no nap's, iirc it was infact your clan that used to have NPS's..... O_o!!!

And the reason 'XX' clan (:p) is fighting red ppl is because like someone else said, your clan took all OPs, closed all GR's and acted like asshats... and people disagreed with that, you then argued with your allies etc like CC from dark or whateva happened there and thats why your at war with them... They are fighting your clan, no your faction, then disagree with the way 'XX' are doing things. Im pretty sure thats much the same view for everyone here, but lv heres an idea, why not join a decent clan, not a clan that _still_ grows by 2-3 ppl DAILY and is currently at like 120 members... I was on pluto one night, pluto had a grand total of 61 runners online, 19 were in 'XX' o_O! Somethings b0rked when a clan comprises of 1/3 of the server population online, then again, suppose thats prime time to get yer OPs...

LVirus
10-11-03, 15:09
Originally posted by \\Fényx//
why not join a decent clan, not a clan that _still_ grows by 2-3 ppl DAILY and is currently at like 120 members... I was on pluto one night, pluto had a grand total of 61 runners online, 19 were in 'XX' o_O! Somethings b0rked when a clan comprises of 1/3 of the server population online, then again, suppose thats prime time to get yer OPs...

I won't go down this road blaming clan X took all ops ninja'ing etc, because all clans does it. I don't defend my clan about NOT doing it but I won't say that others DIDN'T do it eighter. And what comes to a big clan and joining other clan .. time will tell. At least currently I have zero value to clan because my PPU is deactived and being a "combat only spy" (Joke :rolleyes: ) gives me little or no use in op fights. Another issue is my reputation .. who accepts guy like me :lol:

But back to topic. Dynamic faction relations .. good or bad?

El_MUERkO
10-11-03, 15:57
I know for a fact SXR have 'ZERO' non agression pacts with hostile factions clans.

What I was getting at (yes I'm naming names but not in any demeaning or insulting way, just to better explain facts) was Dark standing beside SXR on the battlefield and not ripping eachothers arms off and bludgeoning eachother to death was the need for balance on the server.

We've had times where one clan has harassed the rest of the server due to sheer numbers and no one wants to go back to those times.

----------------------------

As to Faction loyalties if they were made dynamic I think it would have to move slowly and have alot to do with the Clan wars settings, Op Security settings and to a lesser extent killing of faction NPCs/runners.

LVirus
11-11-03, 09:28
Originally posted by El_MUERkO
We've had times where one clan has harassed the rest of the server due to sheer numbers and no one wants to go back to those times.

As to Faction loyalties if they were made dynamic I think it would have to move slowly and have alot to do with the Clan wars settings, Op Security settings and to a lesser extent killing of faction NPCs/runners.

Oh, your saying that enemies unite against even more powerful enemy? I do understand that and well, I'm glad to see that because we in clan X have much more action going on. I'm not going to say that "Yes we own too many ops" because I think clan X's leader is watching me 8|

Clan wars is what should bring balance to the power. I think first patch that makes clan wars actually work, will mark certain crahn clan to be uber KOS for me :)

Actually, I don't like killing people and if I accidently kill someone, I get resser for him. Perhaps I'm too soft hearted to be a "terrorist" (Read: Democracy supporter).

•Super|\|ova•
11-11-03, 09:37
Actually, I don't like killing people and if I accidently kill someone, I get resser for him. Perhaps I'm too soft hearted to be a "terrorist" (Read: Democracy supporter).

No need for lies my friend ;) you attack me every time you see me :lol:

//Edit: Oh, and for the topic itself... I answered "no" since I don't like the idea that the players would decide which faction would be hostile to another and so on. This would end up all the freaking factions being hostile to every other faction.

And why can't you people just follow the line that KK has drawn for us. This idea would also fuck up the storyline properly.

Maybe clan X could just try to get along with the clan Q like others ;)

Breschau
11-11-03, 09:46
I was under the impression that KK don't want this kind of thing. The reasoning being that players follow the story, "participate" in the story, but don't actually affect the story.

ie, KK decides which faction is (officially) allied to which, the players just have to follow that. Or not, but you're fighting the game mechanics (SL etc) if you don't and KK will ignore your 'changes'.

Although that impression is based on stuff said by KK folks a long time ago so who knows, it may have changed since then.

•Super|\|ova•
11-11-03, 09:58
Originally posted by Breschau
I was under the impression that KK don't want this kind of thing. The reasoning being that players follow the story, "participate" in the story, but don't actually affect the story.

ie, KK decides which faction is (officially) allied to which, the players just have to follow that.

Yup. If you ppl want to play an optimized game then make one. The rules are made to follow, exactly, not to break them. That's the whole idea of roleplaying. Players, or their characters to be exact, are there to live their lives, not to make something that would be considered as a divine act ie. setting turrets inside walls or shooting an enemy you shouldn't be able to shoot. I know it's sometimes so damn hard to "keep your pants on" but for the sake of this game and the money you pay to play it; behave!

:lol: My thoughts and my hands got a bit out of control again. I tend to preach. I ought to be a pope. A pope with a long hair and earring :lol:

ZigZag
11-11-03, 17:38
Well lets be quite honest here -- no one actually sticks to the RP of their factions when it suits em.

1 example - and I give it because they relate directly to ppl in this thread. RP seems to be a matter of convenience to most people. They will preach to others to RP but when it suits em it gets forgotten.

@Fenyx -- How do you get furiosly angry when just after leveling faction sympathy killing shopkeepers in TG, you needed to let the cat out (literally) and went afk. To your utter dismay , when you came back you were dead?!? :confused:

This to you seems to be the most unjust and unfair thing around , ontop of that it seemed to be FF's fault of course. RP?

Now on to the dynamic faction thing , I agree fully with the concept of dynamic factions. Situations can arise where the current state of factions just does not work. DOes anyone remember that event that happened at Point Red a while ago? It was City vs Anti City. Crahn is stuck in the middle and they took anti city side this time , of course all the city then lost masses of amount of sl from killing crahn.

Again , the current system does not work in relation to FA. A Crahn clan who was previously FA changed faction because of bad blood in FA. Now as enemies of FA they frequently attacked TH , according to RP this is where TG should be able to help defend TH. That said clan had cleverly chosen a faction that was allies to TG , regardless we still went to defend TH in the process losing masses of SL. The supposed roleplayers in this thread were nowhere t be seen.

Now I understand dynamic factions to come into play where problems arrise with the current faction system , not where some over egotistical idiot decides he doesn't like a certain bunch of people in an allied factions and wants to war with them. It seems an aim of future MMORPG's to let players have a say in a certain extent of the story or the bigger picture. This only adds to immersive content .

Zig