NeoChick
10-11-03, 08:18
Disaster struck

I was killed. I pushed the key to get back to apmt
I synced and crashed
restarted computer
I was back where I died except standing next to my belt
My belt had my helmet in it
But my PA, Holy Energy Beam, PSI Core in fact all of my armor etc is gone. I promptly was killed again by the Doom Beamer in front of me and this time did get back to apartment

But I am left with NOTHING

Frankly, this is so discouraging that I don't really know what to do, I certainly do not have any interest in playing and starting from scratch to try and get another holy energy beam and PSI Core

g0rt
10-11-03, 08:21
That sux.

But wait KK will give you 100K!

That should be plenty to get your psi cor eback right? :rolleyes:

sanityislost
10-11-03, 08:28
whoa neochick soz to hear that happened, sounds like someone needs a kick to the nuts

Gotterdammerung
10-11-03, 08:35
Please make sure you send an in-game ticket and please e-mail the help desk with all pertinent information.

iainy13
10-11-03, 08:37
Aah. You probly tried reloggin then recoverin backpack. WHat happened exactly to your backpack? Just didnt recall er disappeared er somthin?

ZoneVortex
10-11-03, 08:38
That's really fucked up.

Similar shit happened to me today but not quite so bad...

Was at MB helping some noob friends level when an enemy clan comes along...however it's just a rank 60 some red SL tank and some rank 50 APU monk, so I'm like "hah shit I can take em".

I hop on my bike, drive at them, and right as I press space to get off my bike and engage I get an FRE. Wow. Cool. To no surpise I come back dead and my bike has been destroyed.

So I'm like "Fuck shit whatever I'm goin back to kill them."

So I get poked, and press the button to GR to MB GR which I have reports of it being clear. However, during synch to the GR, I FRE again. So basically I'm now sitting there crashed at MB GR. Luckily when I return the only ones who have found me there yet are two spies who are trying to kill me with some rifles....so whatever..
Still discouraging.

IceStorm
10-11-03, 08:42
It's things like this that make me keep spares of everything. Spare SF, spare SS, spare PA, spare rifle, spare spells (or easy to replace), and I don't carry my tools with me unless I absolutely have to. About the only thing I can't replace right now are my gloves and I'm working on getting a second of each.

NeoChick
10-11-03, 08:59
I did send an email to support. I did not bother sending a bug report because I know that I will get the standard reply to contact support so I won't bother with that.

When I logged back in I was standing alive at the spot where I died, but my backpack was not there, only my belt. The belt only contained my helmet. I immediately relogged because I had nothing. When I came back again I was killed again.
So this time i did get back to my apmt and chose to recover my lost inventory from genrep. Got nothing back.

As for keeping spares, it is hard enough getting ONE Psi core so hardly have opportunity to have a spare of that
As for getting Holy Lighting, have been struggling for weeks to get parts for a second one for spare but to no avail
Have attempted to get a spare set of my monk PA3 but have been unable to get the DOY parts because see other thread

So really, without that stuff I may as well give up playing.

And hell, why struggle to get all that stuff again when at any time the same thing can happen?

This system has been so laggy and buggy the last week or so that playing has been difficult as it is

Archeus
10-11-03, 09:07
Did you try reclaiming your backpack at a GR? it could of fallen out of the map.

IceStorm
10-11-03, 09:20
As for keeping spares, it is hard enough getting ONE Psi core so hardly have opportunity to have a spare of that
It does take a bit, but I manage to get spares. I keep all the trade channels open and trade for/buy parts whenever they pop up. So far I have five SF, four SS, three Marine, and two Psi Cores, not including the SF/SS in my character's head.

As for getting Holy Lighting, have been struggling for weeks to get parts for a second one for spare but to no avail

It seems all I get are Psi parts. I have all the parts to a Holy Lightning save comp, I believe, and multiples of more than one of the HL parts. These are parts I get hunting, not via trading as I'm not a Psi Monk.
Have attempted to get a spare set of my monk PA3 but have been unable to get the DOY parts because see other thread.
I saw that other thread. I take it you have no stealthing spy friends who can pop over to K_14 without being shot? I'll have to give it a try as I recently obtained an Obliterator. If I can do it, so can anyone, as I've got nearly no runspeed and am an enemy faction for the DoY bots.

It's irritating to lose stuff, but unfortunately it happens. Many who lose things and are active members of the community can appeal to their comrades in arms for replacement gear. Anyone nice enough to help you out there? I'd offer but I'm on Pluto.

MjukisDjur
10-11-03, 09:35
Nah, this is what makes people pissed off.
What makes people leave is the lack of content for high lvl players.

You did wait about 10 min, relogg and get the backpack from GR right? Everything dissapearing forever must be really really rare. The game can scare the shit out of you sometimes though when stuff like this happens but it usually turns out allright :)

phunqe
10-11-03, 09:40
I sure hope KK manages to introduce item unique identifiers in the database soon.
I would sure solve a lot of problems :)

If something like this happens, you could easily get your char restored, since KK would have means to check if you are "duping" or not :D

EDIT: NeoChick, which server are you on again?

NeoChick
10-11-03, 12:29
___________________________-
It does take a bit, but I manage to get spares. I keep all the trade channels open and trade for/buy parts whenever they pop up. So far I have five SF, four SS, three Marine, and two Psi Cores, not including the SF/SS in my character's head.

I think that is why certain parts are hard to get because most people hold onto those for the reason to have spares or for their other chars or for clan

I am hunting for parts too and do get a lot of psi tech parts but only ever got one HL part and and PSI Core part. Some parts seem to be super rare and ppl who find them hold onto them

and money is worth nothing, nobody sells anything any more

(and being in Australia i am online in off peak hours which does not help for trading)

IceStorm
10-11-03, 12:40
I think that is why certain parts are hard to get because most people hold onto those for the reason to have spares or for their other chars or for clan
I get my parts by trading and hunting. I do trade/sell extras if I have them. Whole CPUs I trade for parts/other CPUs or sell to those who are looking. I'm not in a clan. I do have a second character (a Psi Monk), but it'll be a while before he's ready for a Psi Core.

Some parts seem to be super rare and ppl who find them hold onto them
I think there's something behind how parts are distributed, but I don't know what it is. I know it took me five months of hunting before I saw a CS part and I've yet to see a Special Rigger's Interface part, yet I manage to find glove parts fairly often, along with things like Holy True Sight Sanctum (fat lot of good those parts do me).

(and being in Australia i am online in off peak hours which does not help for trading)
I play when Pluto is the least populated, and I still find parts. It'll take somewhat longer, but perhaps you should post in the in-game forums? I'm sure there are people who have overlapping game play times.

and money is worth nothing, nobody sells anything any more
Money is still worth something on Pluto, it just takes an obscene amount to get the lurkers to come out. I paid 750k for a single Constructor glove part. Why? Because I had been hunting for three days straight and hadn't found one. Meanwhile I had sold stuff I found hunting as well as APC keys, so I could afford the expenditure.

Right now money is mostly a gauge of rarepart want/desire. Most parts I buy/sell go for 125k to 250k, but people who want something RIGHT NOW will offer obscene amounts to get it - 500k is not unusual.

NeoChick
10-11-03, 12:51
I think it is harder on Saturn where I am because most people have at least four chars and some people even have three accounts which means 12 chars!

Being on at offpeak hours has the drawback that not many people are online trading or even if you post on forum they cant get you on direct and give up

Also, in offpeak hours hunting is not all that good because stuff does not spawn very well/
Usually I find rares on mobs just after peak hour. Then soon after mobs hardly spawn and if they do they hardly ever have rares, I have tons of vehicle parts. Today I killed Grims and Doomies and Terror Leapers for four hours and for those four hours I got two tech parts and two very common psi imps3

PSI Core on Saturn is like a needle in a haystack, remember this is monkatron

retr0n
10-11-03, 12:58
ok i have had the same problem with my tank, when i got my
backpack back via gr i didn't get all the items, i was so pissed of
but when i went back to the place i was killed, my backpack was
still there with the missing items in it... so try that
hope it works for u

deac
10-11-03, 13:03
yea i know the feeling i once had an account with a psi... i had 2 million cash psi core 2 artifact hls 2 fa's a artifact holy pest.. 2-3 pas... 3-4 rare pistols..............

REMUS
10-11-03, 13:50
Well ive got about 3 HL's and 2 FA's on pluto if you wanna switch at the moment DJ Schumef (or somthing like that has them) aka Death&Decay pm on the forums and ask for one and say REMUS sent u.

Saturn is only good for population, not much else...

phunqe
10-11-03, 13:53
Originally posted by REMUS
...DJ Schumef...

Aha.. I was just wondering who's playing German hard core techno in the Pepper Park clubs :D

notneo
10-11-03, 14:13
i have had similar experinces having lost characters,equipment,cabinet contents ,many rares etc over the last 9 months i have been playing.the only rason i stopped was cus some of my clan mates quit and i got loads of stuff.As for high lvl players ,yup it is boring and i have pretty much stopped hunting and play tradeskill just to roleplay

IceStorm
10-11-03, 16:21
Also, in offpeak hours hunting is not all that good because stuff does not spawn very well
Strange. For me that's the best time. I get into a zone, let SI wear off, then kill every critter I find - Drom, spiderbot, wolf, cruncher, gnawler, Warbot, Warbot Titan, Decayed Horror, Decayed Brute, Giant whatevers - all of it dies. The faster you kill everything, the faster the zones seem to respawn. Once I've cleaned house in Gabanium a few times, things start spawning like gangbusters - try a family of SIX WARBOTS over the hill. They weren't happy I spoiled their picnic.

You should come to the good server - Pluto. We're better than everyone else. :-)

Spoon
10-11-03, 19:19
Originally posted by NeoChick

This system has been so laggy and buggy the last week or so that playing has been difficult as it is

Since this is the second time something like this has happened to you, I would be checking out how stable your internet connection is..
I would say that's a big part of your problem.

I've had something like that happen before, it took me about 20 or 30 relogs to get everything back.

LTA
10-11-03, 19:49
i hate to see these threads cuz i find it worse when the victim gets 100k for all the stuff they lost and yet thats the exact same compensation i got for a pistol boost 1 which was in my qb under a box.... i only asked for it to be replaced and got 100k cuz the gm didnt have item spawn power, could've warped to a shop but heh...

Hope you resolve it somehow or some peeps help you out... i

Furion
11-11-03, 00:31
Originally posted by Gotterdammerung
Please make sure you send an in-game ticket and please e-mail the help desk with all pertinent information.

dont even bother doing that, u might end up having stephan bast handling ur case. and stephan bast only gives 100k back.....

but do it anyway, lol, some of the other support people might actually help u....

nonamebrandeggs
11-11-03, 00:36
[ edited for violation of the forum rules - flaming ]

I lost my char on Uranus, and guess what!? I didn't get that shit back, nothing. Not even 100k. NOT A SINGLE FUCKING THING.

Shadow Dancer
11-11-03, 00:44
neochick are you on saturn? I can spare you soem cash.

Ehyuko
11-11-03, 02:16
This has happened to me also, thankfully I was still a droner and I could replace everything.

Neocron is THE most buggy game I've ever played, but it's also one of my favorites, so what can you do but move on or keep playing. :rolleyes:

NeoChick
11-11-03, 03:38
_________________________________________--
yea i know the feeling i once had an account with a psi... i had 2 million cash psi core 2 artifact hls 2 fa's a artifact holy pest.. 2-3 pas... 3-4 rare pistols..............

_________________________________________-

No, you did not have an account. You 'borrowed' an account to just try out the spy the person had on Pluto. You deleted the spy and started a whole new char, even though you have several accounts of your own. When the owner of the account came back to her account of course she reclaimed her account, it was her account and she never sold it, gave it away etc and also had a lot of good chars of her own on Saturn in that account

She told you that she would give you everything you have on that char, except she cannot give you further access to her account. I think that is only fair.

And to reply to Shadow Dancer:
Thanks so much for the offer of cash but I do have a lot of cash. Unfortunately money is not worth much if the goods are not on the market. But thanks.

deac
11-11-03, 09:30
rawr name of that apu on saturn that you play?