PDA

View Full Version : Faction GM harrasing players... allowed?

VetteroX
10-11-03, 01:55
Today I raided TH. I camped no apts, or did anything "unfair" yet as soon as I got there, the faction GM started harassing and threatening Xer0 and I. Of course, this took a lot of courage on her part, with god mode on and all. She continued to harass, NOT doing it even in rp terms, like "bd scum infiltrating TH, all FA stop them" but rather saying we were impotent, couldnt get it up, balding losers. Now, I get this every day from killing people. And I dont care, but I do care when someone abusing god mode is doing it.

So first, I ask the mods here, can I send my screen shots in, or is it a useless effort?

If so, how do I convert the pics to jpegs to make em small? (im on 56k)

Last... do you the community, think its right that someone with god mode is allowed to harass normal players?

DarkPhoenix
10-11-03, 01:59
To answer the bmp->jpeg Q

Open it up in paint-->Save As and just choose jpeg.

Sigma
10-11-03, 01:59
1. open the screens with photoshop or paint or anything like that and use "save as..", select jpg there

2. no i don't think some1 with "special powers" should do that

damn got beaten by a sec >_<

Marx
10-11-03, 02:04
Whine whine whine. Complain complain complain.

Send it in if you feel you were really harassed - but take everything with a grain of salt.

Hell, the game has strippers and drug dealers - yet we cry when people call us names.

Nidhogg
10-11-03, 02:06
Let me understand this properly. You raided TH with the intention of killing anyone you found, only to meet their Faction Counsellor who attacked you with harsh language (which is about the limit of her legal power). She must have physically attacked you with God mode on for you to be this aggrieved. Yes?

N

VetteroX
let me explain again, because you didnt read. a GM was calling us names, in other words, we cant do anything about it. You dont think that abusing powers?

Its not fair for someone with god mod on to run around saying shit about us... again, it was in roleplay, it was made up persoanl stuff, directed at people, not ingame chars. If she had any guts she would have turned off godmod and said it. I wouldnt have a problem then, but to flowwow us all over th harrassing us and we cant DO anything? not fiar.

Doc Holliday
this happened before vet with some faction councillor abusing people who were levelling in mc5. i think if u send in the screenies to abuse@neocron or even to snowcrash she will get her comeuppance ( aka royally fucked :D )

Eledhbrant
10-11-03, 02:08
Nidhogg the faction counsellor basically stood there insulting him and there was nothing he could do about it.

I've seen that same FA counsellor appear at Jeriko before and stand there spying and informing FA on faction chat about what we were doing.

Marx
10-11-03, 02:08
a GM was calling us names, in other words, we cant do anything about it

A rapper says: "Kill whitey".

I can't do anything about it - and it pisses me off.

Live with it.

this happened before vet with some faction councillor abusing people who were levelling in mc5. i think if u send in the screenies to abuse@neocron or even to snowcrash she will get her comeuppance ( aka royally fucked )

edit - that FC was using his god mode to level his other char...

This the one we're talking about? Because the two scenarios cannot be likened in any way

:wtf:

Djinnious
10-11-03, 02:09
The rules of conduct apply to GMs as well as far as I know. I'd be surprised if not.

I wouldnt post the pictures here, if I was you I'd rather contact some staff member.

Just my 2 cents.

Scikar
10-11-03, 02:09
Regardless of whether Vet deserved it or not, I thought GMs and faction councellors were supposed to be above that level of maturity?

Nidhogg
10-11-03, 02:10
The TH Faction Counsellor's job is to serve and protect her faction. Whilst she can't physically stop you doing anything (which would have been abuse), she doesn't have to lie back and accept it either. ;)

The situation in mc5 was totally different - that person was farming for rares with God mode on. o_O

N

/edit - FCs are not GMs. They are RP characters and are supposed to stick up for their own.

Selendor
10-11-03, 02:10
Is this Saturn? If so its the same FA councillor I saw spying during an op war and telling her FA faction where to attack. Don't want to get involved in a nasty argument though so thats all I want to say.

Nidhogg
10-11-03, 02:12
Originally posted by Selendor
Is this Saturn? If so its the same FA councillor I saw spying during an op war and telling her FA faction where to attack. Don't want to get involved in a nasty argument though so thats all I want to say. If that's true then that is abuse.

N

VetteroX
10-11-03, 02:13
marx you know thats not the same thing... anyway, Ill send it in. Will anything get done? doubtful. BTW, I know it was personal, the FAFC knew me from their non god mode char, as she kept repeating things I admitedly do say like "if you dont like what happened duel me in NF" which, I think a 1vs1 duel is a good way to solve things. Anyway, I know its wrong, doesnt mean anything will get done.

But stick up for their own with god mode and constant persnal insults? whats that achive? My problem is someone with god mod shouldnt be able to stand around following us harassing us, and theres NOTHING we can do to stop her... If it was anyone else id just pk them... simple.

Yes, this was saturn.

Shadow Dancer
10-11-03, 02:14
Originally posted by Nidhogg

/edit - FCs are not GMs. They are RP characters and are supposed to stick up for their own.

True, but being invincible isn't really "rp".

:p

Vet, open the bmp with a picture editing proggie, then save it as jpeg.

Of course I wouldn't bother sending it in if I were you. It's not that big a deal. I remember a counselor of an allied faction attempting to kill me once, and when I got him to low health he turned invisible and started shooting. rofl
But it really wasn't a big deal. I would just move on.

You could have played her game, and said "oh look, this NPC seems to have misplaced his bullet" and then shot him in the head or something. :p You know, try to annoy and provoke her. :p

Scikar
10-11-03, 02:18

So the options are:

1) Take godmode off, and fight the enemies in order to force them to leave, possibly doing this after step 2.

2) Enlist the help of the faction to help fight them off.

3) Resort to means other than force, preferably within an RP context.

Instead the councellor, supposedly a reasonable, mature player, willing to RP, chooses to hurl abuse at the enemies? Surely this is no better than randomly killing other players in the first place? How can the same people who cry out against killing other players in the game then proceed with childish remarks like this?

Gotterdammerung
10-11-03, 02:19
I would venture a guess that harsh language is her way of role playing. I know that RP isn't popular among some players but that doesn't mean it doesn't exist. As previously stated, harsh language doesn't constitute abuse. You were as you state there to pillage and maraud in TH, should you have been greeted with flowers ?

[btw, fc's don't have any powers to permasync anyone. so apparently you got fooled]

VetteroX
10-11-03, 02:23
but rp would have been "leave or die BD scum" not "impotent, blading, zit farm losers in th" or "leave or you find yourself in permasync" Threatening to put us in permasynch, thats your idea of roleplay?

Oath
10-11-03, 02:24
:lol:

Well whenever i call someone a wanker *intentionally rping* im usually greeted by several KOS KSO KOS KSO j00 KOS joo Dms lol.

Some people dont seem to think, 'oh, maybe its Rp??'

Always remember the good old days someone reported me for calling them a tankor :lol: O_o...............those where the days.
I think im the only person that TRIES to roleplay, everyone else just RPKs, wich.............is just Pking with a new name.

Scikar
10-11-03, 02:34
"You suck Reza's cock" - RP insult.

"I fucked your mum last night" - not an RP insult.

Which one is associated with PKers? Which players are regularly accused of being immature CS kiddies?

If the anti-PKing community was truly mature, then I would be more inclined to see their point of view. In cases like this, it becomes apparent that anti-PKers are no more mature than the PKers themselves. The only difference is that one community sees in-game death as something to flirt with for kicks, whereas the other sees it as a hassle and will cry for everything possible to prevent it.

Oath
10-11-03, 02:42
Originally posted by Scikar
"You suck Reza's cock" - RP insult.

"I fucked your mum last night" - not an RP insult.

Which one is associated with PKers? Which players are regularly accused of being immature CS kiddies?

If the anti-PKing community was truly mature, then I would be more inclined to see their point of view. In cases like this, it becomes apparent that anti-PKers are no more mature than the PKers themselves. The only difference is that one community sees in-game death as something to flirt with for kicks, whereas the other sees it as a hassle and will cry for everything possible to prevent it.

If that was aimed at me, then that wasnt very nice.

Im no Anti Pkr, but the people who gank noobs and claim its roleplaying, they annoy me, and were all immature cs kidies at heart, death is part of neocron, shit happens, but when i get Dmed with HAHAHA YOU LOSER I KILL YOUR CLAN AHHAHAH YOU SUCK HAHAHAH, i laugh..............really..............i've never insulted anyone, regardless what theyve done to me, i never will i either kill them for it, or pay them back some other way.

Pkrs - some immature, some not.
ANTI-Pkrs - some immature, some not.

Dont groups anyone together like that, its unfair.

Problem is, some people are just too sensitive, or just to dumb to realise its rp, shit happens, as long as you keep withing KKS rules theres no problem either way.

SnotNosedBrat
yes the FA faction counsellor on saturn is pathetic

I also have screenshots of myself solo-pking in TH and her following me around damage boosting me.

She has also spied on templars/City Admin while we were taking ops etc. to tell her FA goons where to attack.

I'll eventually send the screenies in I am just insanely lazy.

She should just realize like TG did that FA members on saturn are horrible and not capable of defending themselves. It takes about 5 people (mainly monks) to get my silly tank out of TH (and i go ALONE).

Anytime FA takes an op its gone within 2 hours :O

-Maus

VetteroX
fooled? i bit my tounge and didnt tell her to shove it... I said nothing, and we continued looking for FA's to kill. You dont think its wrong for someone with the power of god mde to threaten perma synch? I was hoping she would do it because I had a screenie and if she had im HOPING it would have been insta ban.

Man im totaly lazy too, I ALMOST said screw it and didnt send em in... but i just did, took 5 mins. Send it in , lets get rid of her, and make an example of her to and other FC's that try the same stuff.

IceStorm
10-11-03, 02:44
Put her on your ignore list, then carry on raiding TH.

If you don't like what someone is saying, use ignore. If FCs don't have any easily-used powers beyond godmode then there's nothing you need to worry about.

If the abuse was harassment, like spaming the chat with the same insult over and over, send in the screenshots and the console logs to KK. Let them decide if it's really abuse. Either way, it doesn't seem like it's going to stop you from raiding TH.

Thomas Gentry
10-11-03, 02:47
Is this Saturn? If so its the same FA councillor I saw spying during an op war and telling her FA faction where to attack. Don't want to get involved in a nasty argument though so thats all I want to say.

Hmm.

We cannot write in the faction channel as we are still not officially part of our factions, only the "Faction Counsellor" faction....

Scikar
10-11-03, 02:49
Originally posted by Oath
If that was aimed at me, then that wasnt very nice.

Im no Anti Pkr, but the people who gank noobs and claim its roleplaying, they annoy me, and were all immature cs kidies at heart, death is part of neocron, shit happens, but when i get Dmed with HAHAHA YOU LOSER I KILL YOUR CLAN AHHAHAH YOU SUCK HAHAHAH, i laugh..............really..............i've never insulted anyone, regardless what theyve done to me, i never will i either kill them for it, or pay them back some other way.

Pkrs - some immature, some not.
ANTI-Pkrs - some immature, some not.

Dont groups anyone together like that, its unfair.

Problem is, some people are just too sensitive, or just to dumb to realise its rp, shit happens, as long as you keep withing KKS rules theres no problem either way.

Not aimed at you at all. I consider myself to be in the same position as you for the most part. All I was pointing out is that there is a very vocal part of this community, though the person at the forefront of it, Helen Angilley, has apparently left, which constantly takes on a holier-than-thou attitude towards PKing, believing anyone who PKs must be immature and anyone who is against PKing must be mature. This FC proves that there are as many immature anti-PKers as there are mature PKers.

Scikar
10-11-03, 02:50
Originally posted by Thomas Gentry
Hmm.

We cannot write in the faction channel as we are still not officially part of our factions, only the "Faction Counsellor" faction....

But you can still send DMs to members of your faction, or put key members on your buddy list, or even join the teamspeak server of a clan in your faction.

Divide
10-11-03, 03:37
I didnt know fc's were gms o_O??

Scikar
10-11-03, 03:41
They're not, but they do have god mode.

Shakari
10-11-03, 03:46
Originally posted by VetteroX
marx you know thats not the same thing... anyway, Ill send it in. Will anything get done? doubtful. BTW, I know it was personal, the FAFC knew me from their non god mode char, as she kept repeating things I admitedly do say like "if you dont like what happened duel me in NF" which, I think a 1vs1 duel is a good way to solve things. Anyway, I know its wrong, doesnt mean anything will get done.

But stick up for their own with god mode and constant persnal insults? whats that achive? My problem is someone with god mod shouldnt be able to stand around following us harassing us, and theres NOTHING we can do to stop her... If it was anyone else id just pk them... simple.

Yes, this was saturn.

Um couldn't some one with there LE in do the same???

Oath
10-11-03, 03:48
Not aimed at you at all. I consider myself to be in the same position as you for the most part. All I was pointing out is that there is a very vocal part of this community, though the person at the forefront of it, Helen Angilley, has apparently left, which constantly takes on a holier-than-thou attitude towards PKing, believing anyone who PKs must be immature and anyone who is against PKing must be mature. This FC proves that there are as many immature anti-PKers as there are mature PKers.

Fair enough, my not very nice comment is here in retracted lol.

Scikar
10-11-03, 03:49
Originally posted by Shakari
Um couldn't some one with there LE in do the same???

Yes, and there are a lot of LE users who do.

SovKhan
10-11-03, 03:56
yah FA clans on pluto have LE people wait in the UG to tell them how meny people are going to UG ect. its not that big a problem for us at least.

element[]
10-11-03, 04:05
Nidhogg you say that their faction counselor was RPing by insulting people, not insulting them in an ingame sense but insulting them as actual people. I remember in earlier retail that people were banned for saying crap like that. So quit defending this person cause its obvious they should be banned just like the others that were banned or suspended for doing the same stuff.

SovKhan
10-11-03, 04:11
apperntly KK likes to have FC's that dont do there job. there are tons of people who would be better FC's.

KimmyG
10-11-03, 04:14
I would look at this as interference.

Yes it is her job to handle the factions affairs but she is a faction counseler not the faction god.

If she is there to bargain with the pks or to fight the pks and boot them out she should be mortal.

Shockwave
10-11-03, 04:31
Today I raided TH. I camped no apts, or did anything "unfair" yet as soon as I got there, the faction GM started harassing and threatening Xer0 and I. Of course, this took a lot of courage on her part, with god mode on and all. She continued to harass, NOT doing it even in rp terms, like "bd scum infiltrating TH, all FA stop them" but rather saying we were impotent, couldnt get it up, balding losers. Now, I get this every day from killing people. And I dont care, but I do care when someone abusing god mode is doing it.

Sorry, I haven't read the entire thread - I was too busy trying not to die through asphyxiation from laughter! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Funniest thread I've read in a long time! Thank you Vet, you've made my day! :D

Isn't it funny how all the people agreeing with Vet are all the "ubar l337 pkarz", and how most of the spitting fire over this revolves around the fact that they couldn't actually kill her for saying such harsh things? :D :D

Edit: AAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAA!!!! Oh god, I shouldn't have re-read Vet's post, I think I've bust a gut! Breathe, Shock, breathe!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Scikar
10-11-03, 04:37
Originally posted by Shockwave
Sorry, I haven't read the entire thread - I was too busy trying not to die through asphyxiation from laughter! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Funniest thread I've read in a long time! Thank you Vet, you've made my day! :D

Isn't it funny how all the people agreeing with Vet are all the "ubar l337 pkarz", and how most of the spitting fire over this revolves around the fact that they couldn't actually kill her? :D

Edit: AAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAA!!!! Oh god, I shouldn't have re-read Vet's post, I think I've bust a gut! Breathe, Shock, breathe!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

See what I mean? :rolleyes:

VetteroX
10-11-03, 04:49
yes, I do. exaclty.

An le user CAN do it, but they dont have special powers, and arent a representative of reakktor (they are a volonteer chosen by reakktors staff) so, tts quite different.

Shockwave
10-11-03, 04:53
See what I mean? :rolleyes:
Scikar, you're actually taking all this seriously? Dear god, Vet gets some harsh language from a Faction Councillor, makes it his whinge thread for today, and suddenly it's the end of the world?! Jesus!:rolleyes:

Yes, I have used my LE to insult passing PKers - I discovered this one day in PP1 on Pluto. One of the Crackheads' APUs (no names, no pack drill) spent a good 10 minutes trying to exploit-kill me with assorted barrel spells for that while I stood there and laughed at him. Yes, it's childish. Yes, it's petty. But running verbal rings around them or a couple of minutes is the best form of revenge I had for the endless, pointless deaths I've gone through over the months. And you want to know the best thing about it? There's absolutely nothing they can do about it!

Edit: I played as a CA runner, in case anybody is curious.

[TgR]HusK
10-11-03, 04:54
Originally posted by SovKhan
yah FA clans on pluto have LE people wait in the UG to tell them how meny people are going to UG ect. its not that big a problem for us at least.

Well we don't have much choice as to use any means necesary as we get raided like 5 times a day, we are a rather small faction with just a few small clans, altho we are finaly growing again since a month or 2. We have to completely work together and use any means possible to take on the offenders with their PPU...and practicly all offenders have atleaste one PPU with them.

imho those raids are kinda lame as we cannot raid the offenders in return since they live in neocron where there are safezones everywhere.
but we learned to live with it and wait for DoY to finaly give us some guards or make safezones in TH or whatever helps, we never see our faction councelor so he/she doesn't give us much help either.

As for OPs, as soon as one of the small clans hold an OP and Dark finds out they instantly target the op, dark alone is as big as all FA together, if not bigger and they almost completely exist out of APU+PPU monks so we don't realy stand a big chance against them, altho with the help of allies we do manage every now and then, but the problem that remains is that we don't always have other FA or allies out are disposal which makes defending OP's kinda hard on long term.

As for insults they are part of the game, this game is 18+ and thats for a reason, you cannot have a cyberpunk game withoud them, think of mafia...that game wouldn't have been half as cool as it is withoud insults(yeah they are from npc's so what?)
It only gets abuse when someone combines the insults with out of game happenings.
(for example: you f*cking punk*ss m*therf*cker youz to f*cking poor to buy a f*ckz0zr 2nd Account you are an insult towards humanity you moron)

Bob Monkhouse
10-11-03, 04:54
Well, I'm not a "leet boy", I like to RP, several of my chars "randomly" kill enmey runners, and my PvP skills are average at best.

I certainly dont think this is a great "comeuppance" for Vet. If the facts are as he says, its abuse. NOONE has the right to use foul insults at another runner, especially if they cannot be killed in return (which does provide some satisfaction for the abusee, but remember, even if you kill someone who is throwing hurtful insults at you, you can ALSO report them for abuse. The fact is most people get enough recompense from getting "even" by killing the avatar, and dont bother to report the abuse)

The facts are not clear, since we only have one side of the story, but everyone should remember that abuse is not acceptable in NC.

I have several LE chars too, and I have NEVER been abused by a nonLE runner because they couldnt kill me. I have had a few "wish your LE was out" etc, "LOL, get that LE out you wimp" etc, which I would call playful banter. But I have never experienced any foul insults because of it.

Shockwave
10-11-03, 05:01
Originally posted by Bob Monkhouse
I have several LE chars too, and I have NEVER been abused by a nonLE runner because they couldnt kill me. I have had a few "wish your LE was out" etc, "LOL, get that LE out you wimp" etc, which I would call playful banter. But I have never experienced any foul insults because of it.
Really? I copped quite a lot of abuse because of my LE, starting at "OMG!!11 Teh n00b needs an LE!! Waht a pussy!" and working downwards into fairly explicit personal RL insults, and this was BEFORE I lowered myself to their level and got my own back.

Did I whine on the forums about it? No. Why? Because they're only WORDS! They only mean something if you let them. This really isn't as big a deal as some people are trying to make it out to be.

SypH
10-11-03, 05:06
Well thats a bit retarded. While I'm not a big fan of random PKing ("Hey thanks for killing me capped PE. Must have been hard work taking me, a 0/2 APU down") there are ways to avoid it (LE chips are your friend), and faction raids are a big part of this game it seems. I can count on a raid on TG by CM runners every single night and it great! You get to see a few high level characters play out what seems like a hit and run geurilla war, while the defending forces rally to attack them.

An FC involving themselves in this way (weak faction or not) is childish and not exactly RP. I could understand if she had called him BD scum or some other game related slur (Drom fokker!) but I guess she took this a little too personally. Its a game ffs

[TgR]HusK
10-11-03, 05:09
Originally posted by SypH
Its a game ffs

Its a life style realy ;):eek:

g0rt
10-11-03, 05:11
If you cant take a bit of a flame you have no place in MMORPGs because it happens all the time, people flame other people.

Deal with it, in life you will learn that you can't just send in screenshots every time someone makes fun of you.

I would love for a GM to go on flaming me, it would probably be funneh :lol:

Ultima
10-11-03, 05:43
If that's true then that is abuse.

N

About 30 odd TT and sum CM ppl saw this happen including me, we asked nicely for her to leave but she wouldn't!

I can't think why she would have done it coz it was so blatent I asumed some1 would have taken a screenie and reported it.

:wtf:

But I was there at Jeryiko when it happened as well - I didnt take a screenie tho :rolleyes:

Psycho Killa
10-11-03, 05:45
This has nothing to do with vet not being able to take a flame.

This is a faction counselour for crying out loud. This kind of behavior shouldnt be tolerated ESPECIALY by someone representing reakktor.

The faction counselour should have announced in zone or hell even over server if they where that ambitious to rally fellow members of th to defend the city.

g0rt
10-11-03, 05:46
Originally posted by Psycho Killa

This is a faction counselour for crying out loud. This kind of behavior shouldnt be tolerated ESPECIALY by someone representing reakktor.

The faction counselour should have announced in zone or hell even over server if they where that ambitious to rally fellow members of th to defend the city.

He doesnt represent Reakktor he represents the Fallen Angels.

Darkborg
10-11-03, 05:57
oh christ this is rediculous, this showes just how much FA needs a boost in security.

The fact they where able too stand there and talk too her and not being VERY busy dodging incoming fire is really testiment too the Laughable security in TH.

Excuse me but i understand her as a FA you have NO npc defense WHAT SO FUCKING EVER. and on almost every server you are more or less always being raided by the powerfull factions in the game ( aka known as TT and Crahn).

Luckily i see fa at pluto getting a bit together :) .

but i know how it feels too be raided by a superior force in your home against which you ahve non chance. its not funny.

And in difference too Crahn and TT ( and the rest of the city factions) FA actually hvae too defend theyr home since its where they live. it be really nice if all the tangent clan aps where in TT hq so a tg raid woould totally block them.

Shockwave
10-11-03, 06:12

A) Faction Councillors do NOT represent KK in any way, shape, or form.
B) It is NO DIFFERENT to getting the same treatment at the hands of any LE wearer.

Ultimately it DOES boil down to Vet not being able to take a flame. And it's absolutely hilarious! :D

g0rt
10-11-03, 06:14
B) It is NO DIFFERENT to getting the same treatment at the hands of any LE wearer.

Ultimately it DOES boil down to Vet not being able to take a flame. And it's absolutely hilarious! :D

I agree :p

Shadow Dancer
10-11-03, 06:15

Jesus. Scikar is absolutely right. So many of the "supposed" anti-pkers are just as immature as the people they flame. I see absolutely no difference. :rolleyes:

g0rt
10-11-03, 06:17
Originally posted by Shadow Dancer
Jesus. Scikar is absolutely right. So many of the "supposed" anti-pkers are just as immature as the people they flame. I see absolutely no difference. :rolleyes:

Its not being immature, and who said anyone is an antipk? So this vottero guy was pking big deal, he got flamed and he cant take it...its funny. :lol:

Doesn't have anything to do with being immature or an anti-pk?

Shockwave
10-11-03, 06:20

I refer the honourable gentleman to the answer I gave some moments ago:

Really? I copped quite a lot of abuse because of my LE, starting at "OMG!!11 Teh n00b needs an LE!! Waht a pussy!" and working downwards into fairly explicit personal RL insults, and this was BEFORE I lowered myself to their level and got my own back.

Did I whine on the forums about it? No. Why? Because they're only WORDS! They only mean something if you let them. This really isn't as big a deal as some people are trying to make it out to be.
The key one is the second paragraph.

Psycho Killa
10-11-03, 06:33
KK is responsible for appointing faction counselors. A poor faction counselor reflects poorly on kk weither you would like to admit it or not.

I have played with vet a lot and trust me he can give and take flames and insults its just the situation in which someone is suppose to be a faction counselor (Which i was under the impression was playing a role the whole time they where on) Is responding immaturely. Weithere or not pking is immature is a different subject either way you look at it she could have gone about the scituation alot differently and infact vet get her a good moment for roleplaying in this game. If Neocron was infact real do you think the person in th people look up to would be saying immature tauntings or alerting his bretheren of the impending threat in hopes to overpower vet.

Le users can do or say whatever they want thats what ignore is for. Though its a sad day in neocron when i have to put a faction counselor on ignore due to immature comments.
Not to mention theres no telling when something this faction counselor says will be useful if i have them on ignore ill miss out on it.

Slightly off topic... There should be an alarm system in th and of course the other cities, where you would hear an audio warning and possibly flashing lights which certain people, for example the faction counselor or other important members of that faction can set off when there is an invasion of any sort.

StryfeX
10-11-03, 06:56
Vet, how about a nice warm glass of shut the fuck up? As I see it, the TH faction counsiler did nothing even remotely coming close to abuse or harassing. Hell, since you always seem to have a PPU shove up your ass, I probably would have gotten an LE character of mine and done the same thing.

It would have been funny had you "mysteriously died" though. Maybe it would've taken your ego down from "closing in on critical mass" size to "OMFG he's full of himself" size.

Ultimately, as long as she didn't physically touch you, you have no case whatsoever and you need to get over it. As I and many other people have said previously, it's the same thing as if an LE user came in and did the same thing.

--Stryfe

Spectra260
10-11-03, 07:25
lol, i got this screenshot from kidwithstick

http://www.waaazup.com/p/uploads/6/killedFC.JPG

http://www.waaazup.com/p/uploads/6/killedFC2.JPG

even though thats not the FC you were talking about....i still thought it was kinda funny...

he said he was bored:confused:

VetteroX
10-11-03, 07:33
stryfe, the only thing you could do is log on an le char and insult me, because your far too weak to do anything else. The point is, someone with god mode and at least some gm powers who IS a rep of KK (they were appointed by members of kk's staff) is suppost to act a certain way.

g0rt
10-11-03, 07:49
stryfe, the only thing you could do is log on an le char and insult me, because your far too weak to do anything else. The point is, someone with god mode and at least some gm powers who IS a rep of KK (they were appointed by members of kk's staff) is suppost to act a certain way.

Well they dont, and there aint nothing you can do about it! Muahahahahah.

Seriously though, you do make a point. Anyone affiliated with KK *should* at least try and be professional about it with players, but it doesn't happen. Not in Neocron, not in any other MMORPG. :(

StryfeX
10-11-03, 07:55
stryfe, the only thing you could do is log on an le char and insult me, because your far too weak to do anything else.*snorts* Right... That's why you had to stealth away like a little bitch when I almost killed you in the TH core the other day. My point was that it's futile to try and do anything against you when you have a PPU shoved so far up your ass that you sneeze and get healed by a holy heal. I refuse to give in to monkey-o-cron, so you.

[i]Originally posted by VetteroX
The point is, someone with god mode and at least some gm powers who IS a rep of KK (they were appointed by members of kk's staff) is suppost to act a certain way.Your point is moot. They are acting more on their faction's behalf than KK's. And as I said before, tossing insults is WELL within the bounds of RP. And so what if you couldn't kill her? [I could massively flame you at this point, but I've decided not to. Why, however, is something I don't know at this point.] Suck it up. TH will be there tomorrow. Unless FA decides to nuke the place with you in it. Which, I might add, would please me to no end.

--Stryfe

VetteroX
10-11-03, 07:59
LoL, i dont remeber fighting you in TH, but I know I only chase pussies into core who zone inthere thinking I wont kill them and lose SL... well going into a hunting zone wont stop me. You mean you and the 3 other people down there? yeah sorry had to kill 2 and might of had to heal up for the 3rd, Ive had so many TH raids I cant remeber which that was.

Use your tiny brain and think hard as to WHY a ppu comes with me? maybe because NoNo the ppu had to show up every time because I was wiping the floor with fas before he came? eventually I got sick of him and other ppus showing up so I brought one of my own, simple as that.

g0rt
10-11-03, 08:19
*snorts* Right... That's why you had to stealth away like a little bitch when I almost killed you in the TH core the other day. My point was that it's futile to try and do anything against you when you have a PPU shoved so far up your ass that you sneeze and get healed by a holy heal. I refuse to give in to monkey-o-cron, so [insert random explitive here] you.

Hahahahhaha gold

{MD}GeistDamnit
10-11-03, 08:25
bottom line all gm's should be workers, not volunters :mad:

I dont care what anyone says, gm's are players too, and I'm sure there are gm's that favor their friends in game. FIRE all gm's when doy comes and hire some paid workers who HAVE to abide by rules.

g0rt
10-11-03, 08:29
Originally posted by {MD}GeistDamnit

I dont care what anyone says, gm's are players too, and I'm sure there are gm's that favor their friends in game. FIRE all gm's when doy comes and hire some paid workers who HAVE to abide by rules.

Well said.

As long as GMs are volunteers, theres gonna be GM corruption. Its as simple as that.

Archeus
10-11-03, 08:41
ONOZ!!! I WENT 2 TH 2 PK SUM NEWBIES AND THEY HAD THERE BOSS THERE AND THEY WER LIK 'OMG U SUX!!! POOPY PANTS' AND I WAS 'ONOZZ I HAV BEEN OWNEZ!!' >_<.... THEY MADE ME CRY SO MUCH I CUD NOT KIL ANY NEWBIES!!! WAAAA!!!! KK BAN THE MOFO!!11!!!!1

1. Quit Bitching.
2. Put them on ignore.

If the FC does anything other then that (except maybe acting as a meat shield when you try to show your l33t skills to those 1/5 characters) then you can report them.

Although you might see more LE people following you around on your PK run in Tech Haven from now on. Seems to work wonders on stopping idiots getting an easy kill.

Notice the ones sticking up for the FC being wrong are the most active at PK'ing. Grow a f'ing spine, its bad enough you can't fight people who offer a challange, now names hurt you?

Elroy Jetson
10-11-03, 09:34
LOL oh wow, this whining is comeing from a guy that has made it a personal passtime of greifing ppl in TH. Dude, all you do is harrass. You look for the easyiest kill and aim for the back. I was thier with stryfe that night. I killed your ppu in crime Xer0 and you stealthed and ran like a coward to the gr.

I'm a middle of the roader on pking , it does have a place in this game. but pking imo is not running up and shooting ppl in the back as they buy something from A&W. If you are honorable ppl are most likely going to be honorable to you. plain and simple. You fight like a coward ppl are gonna tell you so. Truth hurts sometimes i guess.

As far as our FC goes, well she definatly knows the way the rest of FA feels about chicken shits that come to TH to pk. You hide in NC, imagine this: team of FA or TG come to plaza1 guns blazing in the backs of the noobs. and your come down your ap lift to find plasma come at your from nowhere. a HL gets cast on your head but wait, there is nobody in local ? O_o O_o ah nm that kind of thing only happens in TH.

trigger hurt
10-11-03, 10:25
Ever notice that Tech Haven doesnt have any safezones what-so-ever?

You can draw a weapon in the apartment and you can draw a weapon outside of the apartment...

odd..

Never had a run-in with vet. I have seen him in TG a couple of times on my pe. Funny thing he said to a monk with bright red sl. "you better run along now, I kill people who have red soullight so I can take their belts"

This guy was like /30, no way of defending himself...then I pop around the corner and he runs away O_o

El Barto
10-11-03, 10:40
I woulda told her where to stick it then put her on ignore.

iNsAnE
10-11-03, 10:42
/me hands everyone a chill pill.

2 things I want to say.

1. I wasn't there when it happened, so I'm not going to take anyone's side.
Which is exactly what I would advice you all to do. Unless you witnessed it and heard what was said, you cannot be sure about it. We all know people tend to overreact at certain times.
You said you sent the screenshots to abuse@neocron.com.
Good, let people who actually can do something about it judge and don't make such a fuss about it.

2. Someone posted that because she had Godmode on there was no way to do anything about it.
That's kinda sad because it shows that for some people killing seems to be the only way to solve a problem.

She didn't shoot you, she only used words and afaik godmode does not take your ability to talk back.

Divide
10-11-03, 11:03
For one, I think its sad when a FC becomes prevelant that people begin to bitch. People, dont you fucking understand that we want FC's to be involved, we want to have these people who devote their time to try to make our gaming experience better, but instead you bitch. Do you not realize why NO fucking storyline has taken place, why you never see any fucking GM's around except for when they are on a help request-- its because you treat them like shit, act like since you are the fucking customer, you are right. These are all volunteers for fucks sake... do you think that someone who isnt getting paid is going to ever do anything with a customer if they are going to get harassed the entire time? I once heard a great statement about this situation: "People will bitch when there is nothing. And when there is something? That is just more to bitch about." Let these people do what they need to do in order to fulfill their position, dont make them sit in the corner and play with themselves.

Oath
10-11-03, 11:19
Originally posted by {MD}GeistDamnit

NNOOOOOO!!!!!!! I WANNA BE A GM!!!!!!!!!!!!!111111111onoenoenon KLOLTHXBYE!

Paid workers = t3h win.
GMs now = t3h win.

Oath as a GM = t3h Unbiased, neutral win :p

:lol: :lol: No really, so what if i'd have god mode, not liek i'd abuse it.................often.................or much............

OATH FOR PRESIDENT!

SpawnTDK
10-11-03, 11:33
i hope in future gms will play copbot in th. kk gives a shit about th, the crapy sec.bots got exploided from dudes with le, the laser turrets outside are so lol

thx kk, th will die

Selendor
10-11-03, 12:04
Originally posted by Thomas Gentry
Hmm.

Well, then we have a disagreement my friend. For while I did not take screenshots, I know for a fact that this faction councillor was using faction chat to try and raise forces against us.

And how do I know? Because she got her commands wrong and ended up addressing the City Admin Faction Channel by mistake !! You should have seen the responses, heheh.

Seriously though, its not so big a problem, we told her to stop and eventually she went away. Oh, and we beat the FA regardless and kept the op ;)

As far as I'm concerned its good to actually see a faction councillor about, even if she is a bit overzealous. Rather that than the complete lack of faction councillors we see in CA on saturn. But thats a subject I'll be dealing with separately...

Lenard
10-11-03, 12:28
Faction Counselors should be encouraging RP through positive encouragement. Not negative insults directed to someone.

Im not saying that the Counselors shouldn't pick a fight with people, but saying that a player lacks the ability to get his dick up is pretty personal.

Why do they have god mode if they are not gms? They type "/set gm_nodamage 1" to get god mode right?

Whats that i see there?! /set gm_nodamage 1

Now from what pretty much everyone understands, any account that uses any of the gm commands must be gm flagged. I'm not saying they have all the abilities of the higher up gms. But the truth of the matter is. For them to even use that command their account IS a gm account, even though they dont do any actual GMing.

Giving them godmode completely destroys the Role Playing involved.

For instance, in real life... If one nation dislikes another nations leader enough to kill them, they will assasinate that leader.

Why should not the people of Neocron not be able to kill their rival faction's "leader type person"

EDIT- Solve the "people wanting to kill the FC" problem not by giving them an unrealistic ability. Solve it by assigning bodyguards to them. Maybe even let people play as STORMBOTS to protect FCs. But dont fucking give non GMs god mode, jesus.

Alex The Great
10-11-03, 12:30
Originally posted by Lenard
Faction Counselors should be encouraging RP through positive encouragement. Not negative insults directed to someone.

Im not saying that the Counselors shouldn't pick a fight with people, but saying that a player lacks the ability to get his dick up is pretty personal.

Why do they have god mode if they are not gms? They type "/set gm_nodamage 1" to get god mode right?

Whats that i see there?! /set gm_nodamage 1

Now from what pretty much everyone understands, any account that uses any of the gm commands must be gm flagged. I'm not saying they have all the abilities of the higher up gms. But the truth of the matter is. For them to even use that command their account IS a gm account, even though they dont do any actual GMing.

Giving them godmode completely destroys the Role Playing involved.

For instance, in real life... If one nation dislikes another nations leader enough to kill them, they will assasinate that leader.

Why should not the people of Neocron not be able to kill their rival faction's "leader type person"

^^^^^ I Agree!!

(OMG! I sound like Shadow Dancer!)

Alan
10-11-03, 12:33
Well, then we have a disagreement my friend. For while I did not take screenshots, I know for a fact that this faction councillor was using faction chat to try and raise forces against us.

Lol How to say this so you understand Selendor. FACTION COUNSELLERS CANNOT TALK IN FACTION CHANNELL! Why because they are in a Faction offf their own. I.E the Saturn FA FC Tamara is in the faction Fallen with is Neutral to the Fallen Angels lol.

Nexxy
10-11-03, 12:33
What takes the piss is that if this FC gets away with doing this, why did i get a ban warning for taking the piss out my FC?

And lenards like right too...

Nidhogg
10-11-03, 12:36
Please keep the personal insults out this thread. Considering the subject 'n all.

Originally posted by element[]
Nidhogg you say that their faction counselor was RPing by insulting people, not insulting them in an ingame sense but insulting them as actual people.I said nothing of the sort. Insulting someone OOC is not to be defended. There was no mention of permasynch, for example, when I made my comment. I considered the accusations of being bald and impotent in character, considering the game-playing demographic and I categorically do not defend the abuse of God mode, e.g. by spying, or threatening to interrupt people's game clients (even though it isn't possible to make good on that threat).

N

garyu69
10-11-03, 12:40
Please keep the personal insults out this thread. Considering the subject 'n all. Same as we would like to see personal insults kept out of the Game, especially from FC.

I totally agree with Lenard that FC's should not have God mode at all and they could have Body guards instead. Maybe the whole FC situation needs a serious review.

El_MUERkO
10-11-03, 12:44
LE'd runners or people in plaza can abuse away, if they keep at it I'd put them on my ignore list but for an FC to do it is a bit lame, she should of kept it RPish while using faction chat to make a defence or turned off god mode and put her money where her mouth was.

Selendor
10-11-03, 13:14
Originally posted by Alan
Lol How to say this so you understand Selendor. FACTION COUNSELLERS CANNOT TALK IN FACTION CHANNELL! Why because they are in a Faction offf their own. I.E the Saturn FA FC Tamara is in the faction Fallen with is Neutral to the Fallen Angels lol.

I can only say what I saw with my own eyes. Unfortunately I did not get screenshots, so my word is all you have. However, you will also have the word of all the other CA runners who saw it, should you require. There is of course the chance that I was mistaken, perhaps someone had an alt with a similar name or something.

Do all the GMs and Councillors agree with this assessment? That is it impossible for them to address factions? If I'm taking this thread slightly off topic then feel free to send me a private msg instead.

Jesterthegreat
10-11-03, 13:18
yes i believe this is abusing GM powers - i also believe they get in trouble for having god mode on un needed...

if the counciler attacked you with god mode (NOT you attacked him/her) then that is completely against the GM rules

:edit: @sel iirc FC's are all either Soullight or CA faction

Archeus
10-11-03, 13:21
Originally posted by Jesterthegreat
yes i believe this is abusing GM powers - i also believe they get in trouble for having god mode on un needed...

As far as I remember (and it is in a post somewhere). There is nothing wrong with a FC having god mode, as long as they do not interact or attack other runners. If they do attack they have to switch off god mode.

Verbal abuse, well you have an ignore option. Learn to use it. Pack of cry babys honestly.

maver!ck
10-11-03, 13:22
Agree. I think a faction counsellor should be some kind of RP model for the players. It would have been better if he ran away, crying for help or he should have fought without god mode. Still in my opinion it's no abuse which is worth a ban.

Nevertheless helping with god mode in an op fight is an exploit.

Why doesn't the FA faction counsellor state his opinion here?

Nexxy
10-11-03, 13:23
FCs abuse their powers all the time though and nothing gets done. Like i was fighting the TG FC in PP and when his about to die he goes invisable...Thats not abusing powers?

Even this is abusing powers. Saying stuff like that with no fear of dieing takes the piss. Even if he didnt attack.

iNsAnE
10-11-03, 13:26
Just for the record, they are called Faction Counsellors. Spelled exactly like that. :)

ezza
10-11-03, 13:32
Originally posted by Alan

its only in the last patch or 2 that the faction chat for counsellers has been removed cos they are all classed as city admin.

at the time of the PE bug faction counellers could chat on faction chat cos the BD counceller did on a few occasions.

Shockwave
10-11-03, 13:41
For the love of... How many more times do you whingers need to be told before you understand? Maybe if I put it in underlined, italicised, bold, and block caps it might get through...

A FACTION COUNCILLER BEING RUDE TO YOU DOES CONSTITUTE A BREACH OF ANY RULES! IT IS NOT ABUSE! IF SHE HAD LEFT GOD-MODE ON AND STARTED SHOOTING YOU, YES, IT WOULD HAVE BEEN! BUT SHE DIDN'T, DID SHE?

THIS THREAD STARTED PURELY BECAUSE VETTEROX CHOSE HIS INABILITY TO TAKE A FLAME FROM SOMEONE HE CAN'T SHOOT AS THE SUBJECT FOR A WHINGE THREAD! HE, LIKE A FEW OTHERS, NEED TO LEARN THE FACT THAT WORDS ARE NOTHING MORE THAN THAT, AND TAKE NO EFFORT TO BE IGNORED (AS SOME PEOPLE HERE ARE PROVING!)

I honestly can't see the problem here. No-one has broken any rules, there has been no harm done, and absolutely nothing has been changed! Why on EARTH is this thread still being posted to? Can someone please explain to me? And don't try to tell me it's a special case because an FC was involved - it's not. In this situation an FC with Godmode on is absolutely no different to any other Runner with an LE in.

Thinking about it, I wonder if people would be so up in arms over nothing if the FC in question had been LE'd instead of using Godmode? If not, then it's basically envy (with hints of frustration) driving the overly-flogged horse corpse that is this thread.

ezza
10-11-03, 13:51
i dont think Vet has a problem with flames, concidering all the killing he does do he proberbly gets a lot of flames.

the issue is that the FC was mouthing off with god mode on.

if the FC hadnt had godmode then it wouldnt of been a problem

Jesterthegreat
10-11-03, 13:59
i have seen nothing from shockwave except him flaming peeps for flaming o.O

and surely the whole FC thing is vote besed isnt it? so vote her out? :p

the FC's subs are voted - dunno about FC's actually

Archeus
10-11-03, 14:00
You mean he is incapable of putting someone on ignore.

Sounds more like. "I like laying the smack down on players who can't fight back, but then I realise I can't fight back when they are verbally absuive to me and I just realise I can cry more then a newbie".

Honestly. What exactly did the FC exploit? The fact that the PK'er is an idiot?

maver!ck
10-11-03, 14:02
Originally posted by iNsAnE
Just for the record, they are called Faction Counsellors. Spelled exactly like that. :)
well, Counselor Deanna Troi is written with one "L". :D

http://www.startrek.com/startrek/view/series/TNG/cast/69069.html

-mav (not a native speaker)

REMUS
10-11-03, 14:02
I dont see the problem, shes not abuseing anything, why bother banning them from using gm commands becuase all they have to do is put le's in. she didnt attack you, so i dont see why this has turned into a 7 page thread, appart from post counter boosters.

Its like saying ban le noobs becuase they can bitch and whine at you without dieing :/

10-11-03, 14:04
So if the FC had LE in (rather than god mode) we'd still be having this debate?

maver!ck
10-11-03, 14:05
and surely the whole FC thing is vote besed isnt it? so vote her out? :p

the FC's subs are voted - dunno about FC's actually
Not even them. The faction council is voted. The counsellor is chosen by KK and he recruits assistants.

http://forum.neocron.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=58227

Jesterthegreat
10-11-03, 14:09
Originally posted by maver!ck
Not even them. The faction council is voted. The counsellor is chosen by KK and he recruits assistants.

http://forum.neocron.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=58227

ok... well there IS a voting system on 'info' - 'faction' in the citycom... and ijm sure thats for voting for the assisstants

Catmanoct
10-11-03, 14:15
Quit your complaining.

It's SO terrible to be picked on with someone with God status....hmm, that's what the poor lower level chars have been saying for months...what's a matter? Don't like it when the coin flips the other way?

Lol, go play counterstrike if you don't like it :)

I wish there was an symbol to give you the finger.

ezza
10-11-03, 14:44
Originally posted by Catmanoct
Quit your complaining.

It's SO terrible to be picked on with someone with God status....hmm, that's what the poor lower level chars have been saying for months...what's a matter? Don't like it when the coin flips the other way?

Lol, go play counterstrike if you don't like it :)

I wish there was an symbol to give you the finger.

umm the diffrence is that a lower level can at least fight back, failing that they can level up.

theres nothing you can do about god mode however

maver!ck
10-11-03, 14:44
ok... well there IS a voting system on 'info' - 'faction' in the citycom... and ijm sure thats for voting for the assisstants
Well, it depends on how you define assistants. On Saturn for instance there is "Rith" who is head of the CM faction council, which is voted by players. Of course he "assists" the counsellor. Players could vote another head of council.

Then there used to be faction counsellor Walter Sublett who was chosen by KK and "Hoernerice" who was recruited by Walter Sublett to be his assistant on the Server. "Hoernerice" has never been on the Council List on "info - faction".

Jesterthegreat
10-11-03, 14:46
lol - its a conspiricy?! O_o

iNsAnE
10-11-03, 14:48
well, Counselor Deanna Troi is written with one "L". :D

-mav (not a native speaker)

That may be :) I just wanted to make it clear because I have seen so many versions of the word all over the forum and it does cause a problem because it makes it hard to differentiate between Faction Counsellors and the Faction Council.

Nope, maver!ck is right. The Faction Counsellors are appointed by KK, the FC Assistants are chosen by the Faction Counsellors.
What you can vote for is the Faction Council. (Council Chairman, Vice Chairman, etc.)

-insane (not a native speaker either :) )

Jesterthegreat
10-11-03, 14:51
fair enough - im a big enough man to accept hes made a mistake :p

maver!ck
10-11-03, 14:55
lol - its a conspiricy?! O_o
lol, well as far as I got it (counsellors or gms please correct me), I would rather explain it that way:

the counsellor is a consultant for role-play related questions (for several servers), he is not the leader. His assistants assist him on a specific server.

the council chairman (or the whole council) is the elected leader of the faction on the server.

Jesterthegreat
10-11-03, 14:57
the council chairman (or the whole council) is the elected leader of the faction on the server.

and does nothing i assume?

ill ask rabbi fang - hes Crahn guy on uranus >.<

Archeus
10-11-03, 15:01
Originally posted by ezza
umm the diffrence is that a lower level can at least fight back, failing that they can level up.

theres nothing you can do about god mode however

I am surprised you can post that with a straight face.

Nexxy
10-11-03, 15:04
A lower lvl can lvl up and own the PKer, but you cant do that against someone with god mode.

This has got nothing to do with ganking low lvl people though.

Shockwave
10-11-03, 15:06
i have seen nothing from shockwave except him flaming peeps for flaming o.O
I consider it to be more of a public service, trying to let people know (what I believe to be) the correct slant on this. Well, apart from my first post to this thread, but I couldn't help myself on that one. :D

My point (Like that of Archeus, Catmonoct, Remus etc) is:
The Saturn FA FC has done nothing wrong, and nothing that can't be done by every single other player in the game.

The rest is just window-dressing at my amusement over Vet's indignation at having the tables turned on him so perfectly. :D

Jesterthegreat
10-11-03, 15:07
i guess i can see your point - if i put in an LE i could do the exact same >.<

Archeus
10-11-03, 15:09
Originally posted by Nexxy
A lower lvl can lvl up and own the PKer, but you cant do that against someone with god mode.

This has got nothing to do with ganking low lvl people though.

Attacking a player who has no chance of fighting back (ie. PK'ing) is not really the same as you guys and godmode in a FC.

Although the FC didn't actually attack them did they? And you have ignore option to stop it, where as the players you are quite happy killing don't have that option. Plus FCs cannot be in godmode if they do attack.

More like a PK'er meeting an LE player and whining because they can't kill them and then crying some more because they are getting the verbal version of PK'ing and aren't clever enough to learn how to use the ignore option.

-FN-
10-11-03, 15:09
I think the point here was that the FC has a role to play. They are in the game, purely for role playing purposes. But if someone stands in Plaza 1 and sits there and blatently foul-mouths you, you can report that as a type of abuse and there have been occasions in the past where, if the slander was vulgar enough, the player was in some way reprimanded.

Now as I said, an FC is in the game for RP purposes. Having them stand there, with god mode on in front of you, saying completely insulting things that have nothing to do with the game or RP, is no different than, for example, a clan losing at an OP battle, then one of the members logging on their GM accounts and then standing there insulting the winning side in an RL manner (you pussies using turrets, outnumbering, blah blah blah).

The two points I think here are verbal abuse in an RP manner vs a RL manner. One is acceptable, one is not. The second point is an FC is supposed to have a level of responsibility and maturity, this one obviously reaches neither. Yes, people can add a person to their IGNORE list to not have to deal with this, but this is an FC which makes the situation completely different. FCs can/may someday be, an integral part of the RP aspect of the game and they should not be going around doing things that requires you to put them on IGNORE like any other random, immature player.

If I'm way off, ignore me :p I only read the first page, but I don't think Nid was getting what Vett was trying to say.

iNsAnE
10-11-03, 15:10
lol, well as far as I got it (counsellors or gms please correct me), I would rather explain it that way:

the counsellor is a consultant for role-play related questions (for several servers), he is not the leader. His assistants assist him on a specific server.

Yes that's how I understood it. The counsellor is your connection to KK (IC: the connection to your faction leader) and he will support you if you need help with events.
(I took the time to figure this out cause I used to be FC Assistant before I had to quit due to RL reasons.)

I'm not entirely sure about the Council though. I reckon they are supposed to organize and lead the faction but the system seems to be bugged still.

Lecko
10-11-03, 15:23
Originally posted by SnotNosedBrat
yes the FA faction counsellor on saturn is pathetic...

...She has also spied on templars/City Admin while we were taking ops etc. to tell her FA goons where to attack.
...She should just realize like TG did that FA members on saturn are horrible and not capable of defending themselves. It takes about 5 people (mainly monks) to get my silly tank out of TH (and i go ALONE).

Anytime FA takes an op its gone within 2 hours :O

-Maus

Yeah, it's like CA ops. They're always gone quickly too. Like the "Big 3" don't want anyone else to have any.

Never even SEEN this fac counsellor (and I'm FA) let alone have them tell us where to go at OPS. I have seen the flip side of faction spys and LE spys. 3 at one OP the other day? I thought TT knew better.

Never seen you in TH either. Killed plenty of tanks. But hardly ever see any alone... mind you I wouldnt go there alone with those guards!! ;)

And surely apartment camping is a form of exploitin/harrassment? As there is a bug so you can't see people when you come down.

@Vet - quit yer whinging. Blimey, the ammount times pkers say "Hahahahha, you're shit, I pwned joo!!! joo suck" and other personal vitriol. If everyone posted for every one of those, the forum would die.

ezza
10-11-03, 15:28
Originally posted by Lecko

Never even SEEN this fac counsellor (and I'm FA) let alone have them tell us where to go at OPS. I have seen the flip side of faction spys and LE spys. 3 at one OP the other day? I thought TT knew better.

last time i saw the FA FC was at the military base seemingly hanging around there.

and also why should i have trouble keeping a streight face when as Nexx said a noob can level up and own the pker, if thats if the FC decided to attack there would of been zero chance for the Pker

Lecko
10-11-03, 15:33
...but the FC did not attack. If she did, then that indeed is not fair and surely a bannable offense?

Sure, I hate the pking gimps who randomly kill noobs and hunters, but not to the extent that someone cheats to kill them.

They just might lose something they want researched or built in the future....revenge is sweeter than cheatin'.

Archeus
10-11-03, 15:38
and also why should i have trouble keeping a streight face when as Nexx said a noob can level up and own the pker, if thats if the FC decided to attack there would of been zero chance for the Pker

Because PK'ers dont hang around for anything that resembles a fair fight. The second there is a chance they may actually have something that can challange them they run screaming for the nearest Genrep.

Somehow you seem to think that ganking a newbie who may or may not level up to a point they can fight a PK'er that they would actually be able to own you. PK'ers are cowards by nature. If they dont have a PPU in tow they sit in safe zones or places they can easily escape from.

The main reason they hit Tech Haven or camp MB genrep. Easy no skill kills.

So that is why I was wondering about a straight face.

Btw, the FC didn't attack. They are not allowed attack in godmode.

10-11-03, 15:43
Do you guys act this bad when the kids in the playground call you names too?

(because everyone complaining about being called names is still at school right?......I hope so.....)

Nexxy
10-11-03, 15:44
Originally posted by Archeus
Because PK'ers dont hang around for anything that resembles a fair fight. The second there is a chance they may actually have something that can challange them they run screaming for the nearest Genrep.

Somehow you seem to think that ganking a newbie who may or may not level up to a point they can fight a PK'er that they would actually be able to own you. PK'ers are cowards by nature. If they dont have a PPU in tow they sit in safe zones or places they can easily escape from.

The main reason they hit Tech Haven or camp MB genrep. Easy no skill kills.

So that is why I was wondering about a straight face.

Btw, the FC didn't attack. They are not allowed attack in godmode.

oh and of course all PKers are like this. :rolleyes: get a life

Lecko
10-11-03, 15:47

No, I think it's the ones you remember are. That's the trouble. I met a Templar the other day at Gab mine. We fought, he won, I died. That was cool I thought. I could have run but CHOSE to fight even though I would lose. I don't rememeber his name at all. The guy who shoots me in the back/at a genrep/outside apt etc I remember for being a skill-less tw@ who stealths off when I pull out my CS. The best pkers are the unknown ones. Like the cheeky bugger who sniped me the other day :lol:

Archeus
10-11-03, 15:52

No to the PK'ers they believe they are the only thing right in the world and that all thier victims are just "Whiners" who dont understand how to play the game.

It wouldn't surprise me if there are a couple of PK'ers here now going "OMG HE IS SO WRONG >_<!! I WILL KILL HIM WHEN I SEE HIM".

Hit and run attacks in Tech Haven show the person has no balls for a real fight. I am not going to name names but the lot I have seen so far fall into that pattern. They come in, attack low levels or single people and leave. If a group arrives they may try it on but not before being near a Genrep just in case.

Or they use zones to exploit, or pull a friendly faction PPU in tow so people can't easily remove thier support.

If it was one incident I'd chalk it up to concidence, but this goes on reguarly.

No skill in killing people who cannot fight or outrun you. Sorry to burst peoples egos.

I fight if I am in a position to fight, or I run if I have to (totally unbuffed and unequipped to fight). But at least I am at a level now I am able to. I don't start fights but I will stay in one if I actually partake. The chance of dying is part of the thrill. The thrill for PKers is acting like bullies then bragging as if it meant something.

Scikar
10-11-03, 16:05
Originally posted by Archeus
It wouldn't surprise me if there are a couple of PK'ers here now going "OMG HE IS SO WRONG >_<!! I WILL KILL HIM WHEN I SEE HIM".

See, you make these sweeping accusations about PKers - this thread proves that FCs are just as bad. How would you feel if one of those "OMG HE IS SO WRONG >_<!! I WILL KILL HIM WHEN I SEE HIM" PKers became a faction councellor?

kurai
10-11-03, 16:07
Good grief.

What a ludicrous thread.

Close the fucker, already. It's just a waste of everyone's lives.

StryfeX
10-11-03, 16:22
LoL, i dont remeber fighting you in TH, but I know I only chase pussies into core who zone inthere thinking I wont kill them and lose SL... well going into a hunting zone wont stop me. You mean you and the 3 other people down there? yeah sorry had to kill 2 and might of had to heal up for the 3rd, Ive had so many TH raids I cant remeber which that was.

Use your tiny brain and think hard as to WHY a ppu comes with me? maybe because NoNo the ppu had to show up every time because I was wiping the floor with fas before he came? eventually I got sick of him and other ppus showing up so I brought one of my own, simple as that. Gyah. Dear Lord. [ edited for violation of the forum rules - flaming ] I was down in the core after wearing synaptic, FULLY BUFFED, waiting for some of my friends to get to somewhere we could attack you, you zoned in attacking some FA monkey, so I decided to pop you, simple as that. And as I said, you stealthed [ edited ] - try NOT PKing with a PPU. It's loads more fun, tbh. Also note that you don't *have* to stick around TH until NoNo comes to glue you to the ground or whatever. [ edited ]

Now, why is it bad for the FC to toss insults at you? It isn't. As for the "permasynch" remark, I'd just chalk that up to her being pissed at you and not (because of her position as FC with godmode) being able to do anything about it. So yeah, suck it up and learn to take some insults. Heaven knows you deserve them.

--Stryfe

Damnit Nid, they didn't *ALL* have to be edited. :p

Archeus
10-11-03, 16:25
How would you feel if one of those "OMG HE IS SO WRONG >_<!! I WILL KILL HIM WHEN I SEE HIM" PKers became a faction councellor?

I wouldn't have a problem with it. After all they are allowed attack others JUST NOT IN GODMODE AS SHOWN BY THE EXAMPLE IN THE VERY FIRST POST. If they had godmode on and attacked me I'd report them.

If they verbally abused me I'd laugh and put them on ignore. I certainly wouldn't come running crying here.

Nidhogg
10-11-03, 16:30
I'll ask you again to please discuss this without resorting to flames. To answer a point made earlier, the rules on flaming in-game and on the forums are very different.

N

Lexxuk
10-11-03, 16:33
I might not like Vet (arrogant etc..) but I got banned from the game for a week or two for calling someone names (like baldy heh), an FC should have much higher standing than a runner in the terms and conditions of play.

1) You may not harass, threaten, embarrass or cause distress, unwanted attention or discomfort to another player.

Plain and simple as that.

icarium
10-11-03, 16:46
there was something you could have done, stopped hanging round waiting to pk n00bs, go do something else, oh thats right you cant your enjoyment has to be at someone elses expense :rolleyes:

Sorontar
10-11-03, 16:51
If a FC is meant to be a RP character then why the hell are they aiming OOC insults at people and following them around continually abusing them. They want stripping of the title and banning for abuse , its as simple as that ..... it doesn't matter what Vet and buddy were doing at the time as they were IC.

wolfwood
10-11-03, 16:54
let me explain again, because you didnt read. a GM was calling us names, in other words, we cant do anything about it. You dont think that abusing powers?

Its not fair for someone with god mod on to run around saying shit about us... again, it was in roleplay, it was made up persoanl stuff, directed at people, not ingame chars. If she had any guts she would have turned off godmod and said it. I wouldnt have a problem then, but to flowwow us all over th harrassing us and we cant DO anything? not fiar.

so if someone directs and harrasses you then is that abusing the dm power? :wtf:

Shockwave
10-11-03, 17:14
Originally posted by Lexxuk
I might not like Vet (arrogant etc..) but I got banned from the game for a week or two for calling someone names (like baldy heh), an FC should have much higher standing than a runner in the terms and conditions of play.

Plain and simple as that.

IMHO it only becomes harassment when it starts happening regularly/often. This, as far as we know, is a one-off (Though I have a feeling Vet might have to put up with a small crowd of newly created 0/2 runners following him around calling him things like "Mr. Poopyhead" the next time he raids TH :D).

SnotNosedBrat
10-11-03, 17:23
The only thing ive noticed is FA seems to be praying for guards that are copbot strength. No other faction has that and i doubt it will happen. TG is raided, simply not as frequently because New Dawn will defend their base and attack the PKers (and in typical ND fashion, attack and attack and attack until they finally can win one :P). Maybe FA needs to step thinks up a bit and learn to defend their home. Then maybe they will deserve TG level guards :lol:

Honestly this all stems from them simply not being able to defend themselves. If TG attacks TT HQ we get them out, its not because it matters if they kill our guards, its the principle behind it.

Don't want people in TH? Step up and defend it. I seem to recall being on pluto and seeing TgR watching the gr's, as do some FA on saturn.

FA on saturn simply cannot defend themselves against a raid, especially when they have the higher ups simply saying "wait in your apartments until they are gone"

I don't mind tymara's insults, its funny

And i kind of like it, because i know when she shows up ill finally get a fight (well, if i am alone ill get killed cause its 5 people coming)

Jesterthegreat
10-11-03, 17:25
The only thing ive noticed is FA seems to be praying for guards that are copbot strength. No other faction has that and i doubt it will happen. TG is raided, simply not as frequently because New Dawn will defend their base and attack the PKers (and in typical ND fashion, attack and attack and attack until they finally can win one :P). Maybe FA needs to step thinks up a bit and learn to defend their home. Then maybe they will deserve TG level guards :lol:

Honestly this all stems from them simply not being able to defend themselves. If TG attacks TT HQ we get them out, its not because it matters if they kill our guards, its the principle behind it.

Don't want people in TH? Step up and defend it. I seem to recall being on pluto and seeing TgR watching the gr's, as do some FA on saturn.

FA on saturn simply cannot defend themselves against a raid, especially when they have the higher ups simply saying "wait in your apartments until they are gone"

I don't mind tymara's insults, its funny

And i kind of like it, because i know when she shows up ill finally get a fight (well, if i am alone ill get killed cause its 5 people coming)

i assume you have never attacked TH?

either that or you have and got really hurt / killed by the guards...

i would claim it was option #1 if i were you O_o

SnotNosedBrat
10-11-03, 17:27
huh?

where do you get that idea?

I am at TH everyday almost :O

The guards are worthless yes, but they don't need as big a boost as FA seem to be praying for

wtf are you talking about?

Jesterthegreat
10-11-03, 17:31
you gave the impression they needed no boost - thats what im talking about

i am FA - i dont want copbot strength... no one does and you know it. but i would like the techies to be able to make something better than the shit they got O_o

SnotNosedBrat
10-11-03, 17:34
im talking saturn, maybe uranus its different

3 or 4 FA on saturn, i have PKed and before you can get them on ignore i get DMed with "JUST YOU WAIT TILL WE HAVE SUPER NPC GUARDS DEFENDING TH, YOU'LL PAY"

they do need a boost i agree

Lenard
10-11-03, 18:13
Is it legal for a *** player to put in LE to go spy on people at an OP and talk mad shit to a rival factioned clan?

evs
10-11-03, 18:30
lmao - funniest thing ive read in ages.

one of the games self appointed 'ubar peekayars' blubs when someone calls him some names.

god this game sometimes is worth the monthly fee :D

Nexxy
10-11-03, 18:51
Originally posted by evs
lmao - funniest thing ive read in ages.

one of the games self appointed 'ubar peekayars' blubs when someone calls him some names.

god this game sometimes is worth the monthly fee :D

People will take any chance they get to put a PKer down. Did you actually read what he said? His not bovered about the name calling its the fact he cant do nothing about it because the FC has god mode. And these sound like RL insults which is no way for a RP char to be acting.

40$Poser
10-11-03, 18:57
People will take any chance they get to put a PKer down. Did you actually read what he said? His not bovered about the name calling its the fact he cant do nothing about it because the FC has god mode. And these sound like RL insults which is no way for a RP char to be acting.

I seriously fail to see your point, anyone could put an LE in and do likewise and he couldn't do anything about it. As for the rumor the Saturn FA counsellour spying on OPs, I've never once heard it and I've never even see our consellour speak over faction chat. Though it's funny that a TT would make that statement... perhaps they are spying on us? So if that was the case why would he moan about our consellour spying if he's got an FA alt who does likewise. Doesn't bother me I doubt I'm gonna be FA much longer... not going to wait a year for some god damn new security to arrive.

___T-X____
10-11-03, 19:18
My view is that the Faction Councillor could have been talking to a vounerable 12 year old, or younger people may have been watching his Vets screen. And to abuse them in anyway isnt acceptable.

There are is also the area of being sexually offensive toward another individual, which in some cultures and religions would be extremelly badly recieved and maybe conceived as racist.

although I dont think this was in intention, I think the faction councillor should think abit more, and should maybe resign there position in this instance.

SnotNosedBrat
10-11-03, 19:23
In some ways i can see why she would do it

When i feel like killing something the first place i think to go is TH

Honestly you can't expect to censor text because a 12 year old could be looking at it. There are these things called parents and blah blah

Who cares if she's talking trash

G.0.D.
10-11-03, 19:34
Just like to point somthing out
If anouther player called some one

impotent, couldnt get it up, balding losers
That would be condoned as herasment... and they would get a vacation. Some one like a faction counceler should never say anything of this sort as he/she is representing neocron. If he/she had simply rallyed the TH resistance to kill the invaders it would have been fun for all, instead he/she resorted to childish name calling. Shame on you.

StryfeX
10-11-03, 19:46
Originally posted by G.0.D.

That would be condoned as herasment... and they would get a vacation. Some one like a faction counceler should never say anything of this sort as he/she is representing neocron. If he/she had simply rallyed the TH resistance to kill the invaders it would have been fun for all, instead he/she resorted to childish name calling. Shame on you. Not necessarily. All of those insults except the last one are perfect RP insults. The last one simply can't be an RP insult (at a non-PSI) as none of the char models are bald or even close to it other than PSIs.

--Stryfe

evs
10-11-03, 19:55
People will take any chance they get to put a PKer down. Did you actually read what he said? His not bovered about the name calling its the fact he cant do nothing about it because the FC has god mode. And these sound like RL insults which is no way for a RP char to be acting

I also pk.
No i dont shout about how regularly how good/bad i am at it.
Yes i read it.

Tbh the guy could have put an LE in and moaned as well.
No violent act was committed on the FC's part.

He called the players names.

So?

Whats the difference in calling someone a bald tosser?
That's not RP antagonisation?
What do you class as RP anatagonisation?
If he'd called them say 'black dragon bald tossers' as an example.

Is that now RP?

So theoretically its rp insulting if the FC had an LE in and was shouting ' you <faction> bald tossers'

but not if he had godmode on and was calling them bald tossers.

erm...... LOL

:rolleyes:

Nexxy
10-11-03, 19:59
LE and godmode are 2 totally different things. I bet if he had an LE in vet wouldnt have complained. Also i called my FC names that couldve been taken in RP just like these and i got a ban threat. Work that one out then. But of course he works for KK so should get away with this stuff.

Lenard
10-11-03, 20:06
I assume it would be legal for all the BD of saturn to send insults and ingame threats to the FA faction counselor? Since it is after all, role playing.

Archeus
10-11-03, 20:09
Originally posted by evs
IWhats the difference in calling someone a bald tosser?
That's not RP antagonisation?
What do you class as RP anatagonisation?
If he'd called them say 'black dragon bald tossers' as an example.

Well it is a very strange insult to throw, so my guess is his character is bald (like Monkey for example).

Lecko
10-11-03, 20:10
The only thing ive noticed is FA seems to be praying for guards that are copbot strength....Maybe FA needs to step thinks up a bit and learn to defend their home. Then maybe they will deserve TG level guards :lol:

Hmmm.... that's a bit harsh. Deserve TG level guards?? Can't defend their home?? I think maybe you should try it from that perspective. It's extremely hard to counter an attack when people are all stuck in apartments as they are camped and coming down means being hit by the "invisible attacker" bug. I marvel at anyone for staying in FA with all the shit they constantly get. If you really wanted a good fight, you'd try it from the other side. You'd soon be sick of the game if all you did was defend 24/7.

I feel the original thread has been lost at a tangent somewhere... (sorry Vet :( )

sl33py
10-11-03, 20:12
I assume it would be legal for all the BD of saturn to send insults and ingame threats to the FA faction counselor? Since it is after all, role playing.

let's clarify that on the hands of the Neocron Code of Cunduct rules 1, 2 and 3 (which any of you can find at the homepage)

Originally posted in the Neocron Service Rules of Conduct (http://www.neocron.com/modules.php?op=modload&name=NeoContent&file=index&pageID=23)

1) You may not harass, threaten, embarrass or cause distress, unwanted attention or discomfort to another player.

2) Generally, you may not use any offensive or sexually explicit language. You may use such language in a roleplaying context. But be aware of the fact that in a possible verbal harassment situation Reakktor Media Support staff will assume a non-roleplaying situation, if in doubt.

3) You may not use any unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, hateful, racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable language toward any other player. The same exceptions and regulations as for rule #2 apply.

I just added the link just in case :D:p

LE and godmode are 2 totally different things. I bet if he had an LE in vet wouldnt have complained. Also i called my FC names that couldve been taken in RP just like these and i got a ban threat. Work that one out then. But of course he works for KK so should get away with this stuff.

Nexxy stop talking out of your *** and start thinking and following along, Faction Counselors are players that volunteer to enhance the roleplay and storyline development. I know you're prolly one of those damn 1337 duders that dont give a crap about storyline, but if you insist on whining on something please make sure to inform yourself before writing.
:rolleyes: to you 2

Originally posted by *ph33r*
Well in that case, the rules should apply to the counsellors aswell.
And if you like to report it, the normal rules apply aswell, there are proper channels setup to report abuse, in any form and way. The code of conduct also states that you shouldnt feed the troll.
You can take screenshots and save logs and get yourself a witness that can confirm.

*ph33r*
10-11-03, 20:15
Originally posted by sl33py
let's clarify that on the hands of the Neocron Code of Cunduct rules 1, 2 and 3 (which any of you can find at the homepage)

I just added the link just in case :D:p

Well in that case, the rules should apply to the counsellors aswell.

evs
10-11-03, 20:20
Just to be awkward :D

i feel all that if i am pk'd.

KK please ban anyone that has pk'd me.

thanks ;)

___T-X____
10-11-03, 20:26
i tihnk this thread is bollocks now.

You cant have Staff using personal insults at pay-to-play players. I dont give a fuck - if it was unprovoked then that particular type of insult doesnt have a place in the game.

I certainly dont pay for this game for its staff to fucking insult me or take the piss in Godmode or just plain anyway. Now you all stop taking shit....grrrr

Vet is spot on - im surprised it gone to 16 pages...

And btw, the guys that are saying its ok to be personally abused? do you really think this type of carry on is improving the game ? your ruining it for yourselves i tell u

Marx
10-11-03, 20:28
FC's aren't staff.

They're volunteers (fellow players) who're there to enhance the storyline of the assigned faction.

Now - if you had... say... GM's doing that - I could understand the outrage.

But come on... This is just ridiculous; grow some balls and deal with the insults, and if it's too much to handle, the ignore list works just as well.

sanityislost
10-11-03, 20:30
Marx i have to say, ur sig kills me lol

___T-X____
10-11-03, 20:37
You might pay to be insulted Marx by 'staff' but I dont.

he is 'staff' because he's been tasked with a job on behalf of KK and given special privaledges to do this. And i dont see how insulting people personally is performing that 'job' he has.

SigmaDraconis
10-11-03, 20:38
you CANNOT realisticly call what this FC did anything NEAR Roleplay.... God-mode and role play just dont go together... hrm..why do they even have god mode?

anyway calling you impotent and balding and other such RL remarks/taunts would be considered harrassment for any normal player..and should apply just the same to an FC.

Shockwave
10-11-03, 20:38
Originally posted by ___T-X____
You might pay to be insulted Marx by 'staff' but I dont.

he is 'staff' because he's been tasked with a job on behalf of KK and given special privaledges to do this. And i dont see how insulting people personally is performing that 'job' he has.
Staff are paid and employed. The FCs are unpaid volunteers. There's a big difference.

10-11-03, 20:40
Its interesting to see people here who would come down on RP as 'I draw my sword' etc etc suddenly start trying to diferentiate between in character and out of character abuse

NC is set in the future, and since we dont know what profanity will exist in the future, hence we will use todays profanity.

Thus one cannot really differentiate between in character and out of character abuse (beyond actual personal player references)

___T-X____
10-11-03, 20:48
Staff are paid and employed

why do you do it ? why do you make me get so involved. FFS, cant you see that if we let this go, the next thing the Faction Councillor will be doing is killing people or buffing people in his faction.

its this kind of shit that as a community you need to knock on the head quickly. I really dont understand people patting this guy on the back for insulting people personally.

right anyway...

http://dictionary.cambridge.org/define.asp?key=77269&dict=CALD&desc=staff

'staff [Show phonetics]
verb [T]
Many charity shops in Britain are --->staffed<--- by/with volunteers' - READ THIS

and thats Cambridge saying that. So now you understand the meaning of staff, can we move on. Or you still gonna try to debate the point ?

superfresh
10-11-03, 20:49
She is the primary representative of a faction that is your enemy, and that you were attacking. Did you want her to give you flowers?

I can't imagine anyone being insulted on a personal level by "bald tosser."

Good for her.

Nexxy
10-11-03, 20:52
Nexxy stop talking out of your *** and start thinking and following along, Faction Counselors are players that volunteer to enhance the roleplay and storyline development. I know you're prolly one of those damn 1337 duders that dont give a crap about storyline, but if you insist on whining on something please make sure to inform yourself before writing.
:rolleyes: to you 2

Talking out of my ass? Yeah right...I dont think what happened to vet is enhancing his RP experience and thats what i was trying to say. If im not aloud to attack, take the piss out of or whatever to a FC then they should atleast act they way that they was meant to.

g0rt
10-11-03, 20:55
Originally posted by superfresh
She is the primary representative of a faction that is your enemy, and that you were attacking. Did you want her to give you flowers?

Good for her.

Well said.

I agree 100%

___T-X____
10-11-03, 20:56

Its wouldnt bother me too much either. I wouldnt have thought someone that was Jewish or Muslim taking very kindly to the sexually related abuse, infact, I think they may consider it as deeply offensive.

gostly
10-11-03, 20:56
indeed nexx...but the KK staff that are replying are sticking up for her...and everything that she did was perfectly fine...but if a 'regular' player did it...ban warn or ban...it's fucking BS...

Lenard
10-11-03, 20:57
True, I'm not sure if insulting someone on that level is adding to RP experience. It would offend some people.

For instance, if i were a BD faction counselor, and went up to a runner and was like

"hey biiiatch wanna score some drugs? No? you skank slut. What? your money too good for me? I bet your coochie is nasty and smelly. Show me your gash for some cash?! WHORE"

that would be awesome

Platzy
10-11-03, 20:59
the next thing the Faction Councillor will be doing is killing people or buffing people in his faction.

If they'd do that without God-Mode, why not? - After all, they are a part of their faction by definition of their role and defending one's home or helping others to do that seems pretty in character to me...

If the attackers have a problem with that they can try to convince their own FC to come along with them ;)

40$Poser
10-11-03, 21:03
Originally posted by G.0.D.

That would be condoned as herasment... and they would get a vacation. Some one like a faction counceler should never say anything of this sort as he/she is representing neocron. If he/she had simply rallyed the TH resistance to kill the invaders it would have been fun for all, instead he/she resorted to childish name calling. Shame on you.

rally who? People have gotten sick of the fact that we have our apts camped and just decided to leave FA. Mostly FA is now tradeskillers who can't even really defend themselves.

Thus why I'm leaving FA because it's ruined the game in general to have people camp our apts and have a squad of 20 guys with several PPUs by their side. Some people get off on that, good for them. I'm done with having my apt camped. I'm done being FA.

___T-X____
10-11-03, 21:07
If they'd do that without God-Mode, why not?

'IF' big word that- I cant even remember a time that a Crahn Faction Councillor (im crahn) ever did anything towards organising an event. I thin there energies might be better spent this wayrather than slagging other players off.

Secondly on that, some Faction Councillors are more involved than others I think its unfair for them to give that kind of advantage.

Finally. Could you imagine if the Neocronical Magazine 'unpaid' editorial staff was to name you to the community as being 'a fucking bald twat called 'g0rt/Shockwave/whatever' who has a sexually transmitted desease' that was in TH when you shouldnt have been' to quote a Faction Councillor....I think not

Platzy
10-11-03, 21:38
Actually, I'm quite convinced that any FC that has god-mode on for whatever reason drops it the moment he starts to affect other players.
If not, you have a very valid reason for reporting.

But I, too, think that a FC "just" throwing out some insults (even if they may have been close to or overstepped some borders) is no reason to start such a fuss... :rolleyes:

Peeping Tom
10-11-03, 22:24
"hey biiiatch wanna score some drugs? No? you skank slut. What? your money too good for me? I bet your coochie is nasty and smelly. Show me your gash for some cash?! WHORE"

OMG DATS GOLD
K4F

Shockwave
10-11-03, 22:41
why do you do it ? why do you make me get so involved. FFS, cant you see that if we let this go, the next thing the Faction Councillor will be doing is killing people or buffing people in his faction.

its this kind of shit that as a community you need to knock on the head quickly. I really dont understand people patting this guy on the back for insulting people personally.

right anyway...

(sigh) I'm not going to bother typing it all out again, so I'll just quote my previous posts. Please bother to read them.
Oh, and the INSTANT an FC steps out of line PROPERLY, people are going to be on the forums demanding a the person in question be drawn and quartered, so I really wouldn't worry about FC "abuse escalation". If nothing else, this entire pathetic little thread has proven that.

Scikar, you're actually taking all this seriously? Dear god, Vet gets some harsh language from a Faction Councillor, makes it his whinge thread for today, and suddenly it's the end of the world?! Jesus!:rolleyes:

-----

http://dictionary.cambridge.org/define.asp?key=77269&dict=CALD&desc=staff

'staff [Show phonetics]
verb [T]
Many charity shops in Britain are --->staffed<--- by/with volunteers' - READ THIS

and thats Cambridge saying that. So now you understand the meaning of staff, can we move on. Or you still gonna try to debate the point ?
Wow, it doesn't take much to get you wound up, does it? Calm down mate, it's not worth the blood pressure!:) I'll give you that one on the definition, but I still wouldn't describe the FCs as actual Staff. Staff implies too much about what is effectively a consultant/intermediary role.

And on that note I'm outta here. Kurai is right - this thread is an utter waste of my life. I've got better things to be doing than argueing with text on a screen over some insignificant event in a ficticious world.
I'm off down the pub! :D

Krysm
10-11-03, 22:56
Anyone who's seen me ingame knows that the first thing I do is insult people. However - there have been no threads about it. What's different in this situation?

The FA-FC is one of my best friends, and I know her well enough to say that she was not directly attacking you in an OOC way.

Granted, we're told not to have godmode on while in public. Just because our rank is 60, does NOT mean that we have any combat skills or resists.

If you would like her to be fired, then you're taking out one of the most proactive Counsellors on the team.

I really, really hope that you know what you're saying.

Alan
10-11-03, 23:26
This entire situation has gotten dragged out off all reasonable proportion. The FA-FC is a proactive person and has in many ways trying to organise ALLOT for her faction. I can see how this might upset those who view TH as their personal ganking grounds. So they turn too kicking up a fuss and making outragous claim's With no evidence, in most cases apparentley. (As admitted by serveral runner's.) ((N.B. This is what i am getting from this thread. I am probabley wrong. Hell i nearley allways am))

Those who feel aggreaved, All i can say is if you have PROOF off wrongdoing by ANYONE report it though the proper channel's. If u are upset that FA are getting more attention from their FC then you are from yours. GET OFF YOUR ARSE'S and do something about it. Find out who your FC is, if u don't have one. (Shock, horror) Maybe you could apply for the position. But start talking to them, seeing what they can do to improve things for YOUR faction and what YOU can do to assist them!!!

VetteroX
10-11-03, 23:27
once again, for me, I see the smart people and stupid people in a thread. Some read and understood. the POINT is someone with god mode on, whos suppost to act in a certain way, insulted me. I dont care about the actual insults, And if been called many things, such as the N word, even though im white, Racist words for German even though im American, (dunno why but a bunch of people think Im German) and ive had my life threatened, some people ive killed have dmed me saying I'll find you and kill you.... now, NONE of this bugged me. But it DOES bug me when a person with GM powers does it... its not fair, and not right, plain and simple.

AGAIN insulting in rp terms would have been opk, but she DIDN'T. Plus, she had gone mode on BOTH times we encountered her. (one timre pking in J02 and one in TH) Som you just admitted shes breaking the rules. Plus, I dont see why the black dragon and FA FC should be freinds... I know I would not have much fun organising attacks against my freinds.

Last, I KNOW its persoanl vs me with her. She showed up instantly the 2 times I pked someone, and repeats in insulting ways, things ive said to my victoms like "if you dont think its fair, fight me in NF"

Yes, I want her gone from being an FC. Theres plenty of FA who Ive killed who have a good attitude. Its a game, and your a hostile faction. FAs have even ressed me in mc5 and ive had them ressed... not worth fighting there, we can be on good terms there. We will fight in TH.

OK, Nid said no more flaming so I wont flame, but point stuff out.

Everyone remebers my thread about beating 3 people at once im sure? Well, Elroy Jetson was one of these 3.... so you have no ground to stand on

Stryfe said himself, I was gunning down a monkey as he hid in core trying to make me lose SL. Anyone wanna guess what KIND of monk? PPU anyone? YES! so wow, what a jerk I am for bringing one of my own :rolleyes:

Gestra
10-11-03, 23:37
I was insulted in a game the sky is falling.

When we have raided TH on saturn as tangent runners the FC has insulted us, not always seemingly ingame insults but it is hardly a harrassing thing.

Shadow Dancer
11-11-03, 00:32
Originally posted by Kirja Iljusha
Anyone who's seen me ingame knows that the first thing I do is insult people. However - there have been no threads about it. What's different in this situation?

The FA-FC is one of my best friends, and I know her well enough to say that she was not directly attacking you in an OOC way.

Granted, we're told not to have godmode on while in public. Just because our rank is 60, does NOT mean that we have any combat skills or resists.

If you would like her to be fired, then you're taking out one of the most proactive Counsellors on the team.

I really, really hope that you know what you're saying.

I don't know, I remember attacking you in pepper park once when I was tsunami and you insulted me. All the times you insulted people, to my recollection it was more RPish and you didn't have godmode.

g0rt
11-11-03, 01:24
whos suppost to act in a certain way

What are they supposed to act in a certain way that YOU want them to? The world doesn't revolve around you, they can act as they please as long as its RP. And I do say that a Fallen Angel flaming on a Black Dragon is not something to be unexpected in a "dark, dense cyberpunk world".

Just deal with it, getting insulted on the internet should not be the end of the world, unless you are one extremely insecure person.

StryfeX
11-11-03, 01:53
once again, for me, I see the smart people and stupid people in a thread. Some read and understood. the POINT is someone with god mode on, whos suppost to act in a certain way, insulted me. I dont care about the actual insults, And if been called many things, such as the N word, even though im white, Racist words for German even though im American, (dunno why but a bunch of people think Im German) and ive had my life threatened, some people ive killed have dmed me saying I'll find you and kill you.... now, NONE of this bugged me. But it DOES bug me when a person with GM powers does it... its not fair, and not right, plain and simple.

AGAIN insulting in rp terms would have been opk, but she DIDN'T. Plus, she had gone mode on BOTH times we encountered her. (one timre pking in J02 and one in TH) Som you just admitted shes breaking the rules. Plus, I dont see why the black dragon and FA FC should be freinds... I know I would not have much fun organising attacks against my freinds.

Last, I KNOW its persoanl vs me with her. She showed up instantly the 2 times I pked someone, and repeats in insulting ways, things ive said to my victoms like "if you dont think its fair, fight me in NF"My god! Are you so thick that you don't understand what we've been telling you? IT'S NO DIFFERENT THAN AN LE USER FLAMING YOUR ASS!Now, if she had actually attacked you, that is a different story, but she didn't, so GET OVER IT!

Yes, I want her gone from being an FC. Theres plenty of FA who Ive killed who have a good attitude. Its a game, and your a hostile faction. FAs have even ressed me in mc5 and ive had them ressed... not worth fighting there, we can be on good terms there. We will fight in TH.That truly deserves a flame: [random expletive] you. She's one of the best FC's in the game at the moment when FA needs it the most, and you want to get rid of her. How about... NO.

I don't think I would mind you so much if you didn't have an ego so large it's about to hit critical mass. [And yes I will keep repeating that because it's the truth. Deal with it.]

Everyone remebers my thread about beating 3 people at once im sure? Well, Elroy Jetson was one of these 3.... so you have no ground to stand on.Elroy's a good fighter and a personal friend so bugger off. Yes, we *ALL* remember that god damn excuse for a thread. That was what pissed me off about you to begin with.

Stryfe said himself, I was gunning down a monkey as he hid in core trying to make me lose SL. Anyone wanna guess what KIND of monk? PPU anyone? YES! so wow, what a jerk I am for bringing one of my own :rolleyes: Err... I guess you still need to learn to read. I said that I was waiting in the core (right by the ladder, btw) for SI to wear off *and* so I could coordinate a counter-attack with some of my friends. I mean, come on. Would you rather I wait next to freakin' GR in easy local range so you and your PPU butt-buddy could come paraspam and gank me? Well, we all know that's a yes, but it was more of a theoretical question. Also, I don't even know who that monk was, I just saw him go down.

--Stryfe

Shockwave
11-11-03, 02:36
Forget it, Stryfe. He's not going to listen. His type never does. I've seen it too many times before: "It's MY opinion and therefore it MUST be right!", and they cling to that like an attack dog, ignoring or dismissing everyone that doesn't agree with them.

It's sad he wants to see one of the best FCs in the game removed, but then knee-jerk reactions and enormous over-playing of insignificant incidents seem to be all to common these days the world over. It's the fault of sensationalist mass-media really.

Anyway, I honestly can't see KK doing anything other than laughing their socks off over such a petty complaint, so I'm really not that concerned about this. :)

VetteroX
11-11-03, 02:40
so whats your excuse for her using god mod after we were told by anyother FC shes not allowed to?

Elroy, your freind or not, absolutely is not a good fighter.... neither are you. I'll use my classic phrase, "you want a nf match and be shown?" no point to the question, as im sure you will decline.

a FC can do there job and be dedicated without having personal problems with players who dont have god mode, and without insulting people outside RP. Last time I checked, threatening a permasynch isnt rp, and calling a pe whos wearing pa, but under it (it wasnt on at the time, I had si) is the older pe model, clealy doesnt look as she described, so its not RP.

Again, because your so dense, theres a huge different between a le user and a FC, if you cant see the diff its not worth pointing it out....

KimmyG
11-11-03, 02:43
Elroy, your freind or not, absolutely is not a good fighter.... neither are you. I'll use my classic phrase, "you want a nf match and be shown?" no point to the question, as im sure you will decline.

Your nothign special either from the fights I have seen and how you talk about them on the board are 2 differn't things

Shockwave
11-11-03, 02:46
See? I've got a feeling he's going to get edited for flaming too.

Don't waste your time, Stryfe. He's not thinking objectively, and possibly never will.

Edit after KimmyG's post: Flamefest ahoy. I'm DEFINITELY out of this thread now.

Psycho Killa
11-11-03, 02:58
Faction Counselors are players that volunteer to enhance the roleplay and storyline development. I know you're prolly one of those damn 1337 duders that dont give a crap about storyline.

Sorry sleepy but i fail to see how calling someone balding and impotent enhances the storyline or rp in anyway. If anything it detracts from it. She could have sad you sorry black dragon scum cowards have nothing better to do with your pathetic greed driven lives then to kill innocent young th runners who cant fight back.

Her comments seemed more towards the "l337 duders" side you mentioned then the enhance rp and storyline side.

And whats with all these vet haters and pk haters. If you have a valid point as to why this isnt harrasment please share it. If your only point is H4X U PKED ME AND U R TEH ARROGANT SO EVERATHING U SEY IS STUPID AND WRONG then please take it to another thread.

VetteroX
11-11-03, 03:05
pk, get on when you can and we can pay a visit to TH. We can pk a pot of the people in this thread and get more shots of the FA FC abusing her position.

Shadow Dancer
11-11-03, 03:17
If your only point is H4X U PKED ME AND U R TEH ARROGANT SO EVERATHING U SEY IS STUPID AND WRONG then please take it to another thread.

Exactly. I'm so tired of this "U R UBAR LEET PKAR SO I R FLAME U" garbage.

Mattimeo
11-11-03, 04:15

you reap what you sow. If you didn't show this "who cares about you I just want to kill you" attitude, people might be more inclined to have a nicer attitude towards you.

I believe Karma has really come into play here..

StryfeX
11-11-03, 04:16
Forget it, Stryfe. He's not going to listen. His type never does. I've seen it too many times before: "It's MY opinion and therefore it MUST be right!", and they cling to that like an attack dog, ignoring or dismissing everyone that doesn't agree with them.

It's sad he wants to see one of the best FCs in the game removed, but then knee-jerk reactions and enormous over-playing of insignificant incidents seem to be all to common these days the world over. It's the fault of sensationalist mass-media really.

Anyway, I honestly can't see KK doing anything other than laughing their socks off over such a petty complaint, so I'm really not that concerned about this. :)Gotta agree with you there.

See? I've got a feeling he's going to get edited for flaming too.

Don't waste your time, Stryfe. He's not thinking objectively, and possibly never will.

Edit after KimmyG's post: Flamefest ahoy. I'm DEFINITELY out of this thread now.I'd have to go with "probably" on that one, Shock. I've only seen Vet post like 2-3 posts without his uberhuge ego raising it's fugly head.

@Psycho Killa: Vet's never PKed me and probably never will since I rarely even log on anymore. The one time I did see him in TH, I almost killed him (until he stealthed away like a pansy, as I've stated before), so I don't exactly have high regard for his so-called "skillz" either.

As with Shock, I'm out of here. And you can go shove this thread up your ass, Vet, right next to your PPU butt-buddy.

--Stryfe

Shadow Dancer
11-11-03, 04:41
Originally posted by Mattimeo
you reap what you sow. If you didn't show this "who cares about you I just want to kill you" attitude, people might be more inclined to have a nicer attitude towards you.

I believe Karma has really come into play here..

Uhhh right, I don't PK. Shows your lack of knowledge right there.

Marx
11-11-03, 04:57
Originally posted by gostly
indeed nexx...but the KK staff that are replying are sticking up for her...and everything that she did was perfectly fine...but if a 'regular' player did it...ban warn or ban...it's fucking BS...

Dude, I mouth off to people all the time.

My running quote for today was "Lick my balls you hairless monkey fucking bastard."

No one complains, I've yet to be warned.

Each day I play, I pick a line of curses which seem to match together well enough to offend someone.

Evidently I need to try harder.

O_o

g0rt
11-11-03, 07:53

There are no uber leet pkar's in Neocron. They all left because of soullight wasting all thier time.

The only PK's left have alot to say on the board, but when you see them ingame they are usually dead or in plaza1 :rolleyes:

Nexxy
11-11-03, 11:36
Omg the LE escuse is so stupid its not even funny. So if a GM was ever to spy on an enemy clan at an OP i could defend it by got "hey its just the same as us sending an LE char" :rolleyes: This is about a FC abusing powers that they shouldnt really have in the first place. I dont care how good a FC they are if they do shit like this to anyone they should get removed. Just because its vet this time you all go miles away from the point and flame just because his better than you and you cant handle that.

And marx its not about mouthing off to anyone, its GM to Player or Player to GM.

Archeus
11-11-03, 11:44
They have godmode to stop idiots trying to PK them at an event if they aren't supposed to.

How about an FC without Godmode but with an LE in. That should make some peoples heads spin. :p

* For those who have a hard time understanding. They equate to the same thing. The only real difference is the game mechanics prevents the FC from attacking with an LE in, and KK stops them with godmode.

Nexxy
11-11-03, 11:51
But these are RP characters. LE can be in roleplay using god mode is just abusing power. And like lenard said why dont they do it the proper way and hire bodyguards if they dont wanna be killed.

Arbiter
11-11-03, 12:10
I had a word with Tamara about this and granted, it was not very rp style and she had god mode on. This will change, but she will not get removed, because she is really doing good work and an accident is not reason enough to do that. Vet, if you want to know more about this decision, you can PM me.

Let me point out some other things.

[list=1]
Faction Counsellors ar no good fighters, the skills behind the 60 are really weird. This will chage soon. Counsellors are allowed to do PvP in self defense, and the can also buff faction members (why not?). Of course god mode has to be turned off for this.
For the Rp, a faction counsellor stay IC as long as possible. OOC is marked in a way like "((OCC: blabla))" or something like that. Although some words don't fit into rp (permasynch, pk, player), it was not marked OOC.
FCs have godmode, right. They have to turn it out in public. Tamara is meant to be PPU, therefore chances are good that she would have survived if she had, the skills and godmode off. Besides tht we are thinking about removing godmode for FCs, but the contra is, that some events wouldn't be possible, if they get killed by some people who think it is funny to disturb or even destroy events.
The security situation in tech haven is bad, and there are several raids per day. It is hard for a counsellor to rp and do other faction work while dead. You also have to understand, that there are many players in TH and MB sick of defending their home base all day, and the tradeskillers left in the factions can not really fight back, all the can do is not serving you anymore (and I am sure those tradeskillers there don't). KK knows about this problem... ;)
Faction Counsellors are technically CA, we tried to change that some patches ago and it worked, but because of a bug it was taken back. Counsellors can hear their faction, but they can only speak in CA faction chat. We have the same problem with the soullight, and this is in some cases a real problem, because the counsellor is shown as enemy to members of their own faction and get killed by them. Being FC is volunteer work, and after one day of beeing killed you will understand that it is not even funny to be killed by those people you want to help.
Faction Counsellors can't do Server Announcements.
A FC is representing his/her faction while speaking IC, and representing reakktor while speaking OOC.
If a GM / FC is corrupt or not, has nothing to do with being paid or volunteer. It should not happen in both cases, but the sad thing is, it sometimes does.
To become an FC, you have to send in an application. Read the announcement forum for more details. There are also threads about Faction Counsellors in the Global RP forum. The assistants of the FCs are chosen by the FC. The council you can vote ingame are meant to lead the faction, the Counsellor is there to help organizing things. Both should work together. maver!ck explained it very good several pages ago.
If you think an FC is abusing his/her powers, contact me (Arbiter@neocron.com)
As your argumentation has shown, it is not easy everytime to decide what is OOC and what is RP.
Before a regular player gets a ban or warning, he has to do the haassment thing usually. Sometimes it is just an accident, because you are really pissed about something. Right, it would be better to log out and get some fresh air to cool down instead of OOC flaming.
Counsellors can be friends OOC and hate each other IC, that was, what Kirja meant :rolleyes:. They have to organize events together, as a team, and if they would hate each other OOC this would not be possible.
[/list=1]

Scikar
11-11-03, 12:33
Perhaps if the policy on FC godmode was changed? Currently it's godmode on except when fighting, maybe instead change it to godmode off except when running an event?

Arbiter
11-11-03, 14:04
It is god mode off in public. ;)

Scikar
11-11-03, 14:10
So when, exactly, are FCs allowed to use godmode?

11-11-03, 14:10
Originally posted by Arbiter
FCs have godmode, right. They have to turn it out in public. Tamara is meant to be PPU, therefore chances are good that she would have survived if she had, the skills and godmode off. Besides tht we are thinking about removing godmode for FCs, but the contra is, that some events wouldn't be possible, if they get killed by some people who think it is funny to disturb or even destroy events.

The security situation in tech haven is bad, and there are several raids per day. It is hard for a counsellor to rp and do other faction work while dead. You also have to understand, that there are many players in TH and MB sick of defending their home base all day, and the tradeskillers left in the factions can not really fight back, all the can do is not serving you anymore (and I am sure those tradeskillers there don't). KK knows about this problem... ;)

We have the same problem with the soullight, and this is in some cases a real problem, because the counsellor is shown as enemy to members of their own faction and get killed by them. Being FC is volunteer work, and after one day of beeing killed you will understand that it is not even funny to be killed by those people you want to help.

That just about covers everything - morons and PKers who go too far always result in controls being put in place (i.e. LE and GodMode) just to facilitate some kind of 'normality' and its always interesting to see them come back and complain about what their actions resulted in (not necessarily them personally but their player-type)

Its no wonder that story and RP in NC are becoming more and more rare, the morons just keep killing it and peoples incentive to try and put something together

Scikar
11-11-03, 14:13
Originally posted by 5150
That just about covers everything - morons and PKers who go too far always result in controls being put in place (i.e. LE and GodMode) just to facilitate some kind of 'normality' and its always interesting to see them come back and complain about what their actions resulted in (not necessarily them personally but their player-type)

Its no wonder that story and RP in NC are becoming more and more rare, the morons just keep killing it and peoples incentive to try and put something together

Does your post have a point or are you just generally bitching again? These sweeping comments about the community do nothing to improve the situation, they're just going to start a flame war by people who take it personally when someone calls them a moron.

Arbiter
11-11-03, 14:26
So when, exactly, are FCs allowed to use godmode?

During events when the event says so and while invisible (they should not die when they are "not there").

Shadow Dancer
11-11-03, 14:38
During events when the event says so and while invisible (they should not die when they are "not there").

So what this FC did was wrong correct? Unless using OOC insults on PKers constitutes an event.

Arbiter
11-11-03, 14:50
She had god mode on in public, so yes, that was wrong. But this is not a reason to remove her.

Shadow Dancer
11-11-03, 14:52
But this is not a reason to remove her.

I agree, I just wanted you to say it for all the people acting like she did nothing wrong.

I'm not saying she's some evil villian and I know she made a mistake, but I feel that it being acknowledged is very important.

Lecko
11-11-03, 15:00

Woooo! You mean something is being done about it? Cool. Is it before DoY or after or with DoY?

Like, remove silly bots and add better guards like in any city faction (not copbot strength tho) and add them in better places. And then I quit my whining about it.

So, when's DoY...? ;)

11-11-03, 15:09
Does your post have a point or are you just generally bitching again? These sweeping comments about the community do nothing to improve the situation, they're just going to start a flame war by people who take it personally when someone calls them a moron.

Yes someones bound to take it personally, this whole thread exists because somebody didnt like being called names and couldnt 'do anything about it'

In that respect this would be no different than if it were in game and I had my LE chip in (the difference is that I havent called anyone a moron, if they _think_ I've called them a moron then at least they have identified they are part of the problem....)

Ivory
11-11-03, 15:25
i would like to see FC involved in OP battles it would cool just my opinion about this

oh and CS FC I WANT MY WHITE PA PLSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS :angel:

Scikar
11-11-03, 15:59

Another question, when are they permitted to use invisibility?

@5150: This thread exists because a FC broke the rules. If it was because Vet can't take being called names he would have posted many more times before. The fact is it's from a FC, who shouldn't have been using godmode, shouldn't have been speaking OOC, and shouldn't have been threatening to put him in permasynch. The difference between a FC and an LE user is that an LE user can be ignored, an LE user cannot take out his LE chip at the flick of a switch and attack, and an LE user cannot buff/ressurect other players. Players shouldn't have to put FCs on ignore list.

Selendor
11-11-03, 16:23
I note that some people had said this thread shouldn't have been made, but I'd just like to say that this has a been a good thread to follow through.

Apart from some flaming in the middle, we've generally debated an unclear issue, seen everyone's take on it, and now with an official response and subsequent answers we have some clarification.

There was a point a few weeks ago when I thought that I would stop reading these forums, such was the craziness, but it just goes to show that with a measured response from KK and the GMs (in this thread, the monkocron thread, the DoY thread), hopefully we can get back to a slighty nicer tone.

A little acknowledgement can go a long way ;) .

Arbiter
11-11-03, 16:50
Another question, when are they permitted to use invisibility?

Everytime, but the have to hide this ability from players, like not going (in)visible in the middle of a crowd in plaza 1. If you haven't read this here, you should think ingame that they can not go invisible.

Often when one counsellor is doing an event, many others are watching invisible, if being at this event as themself is not a good idea.

wolfwood
11-11-03, 16:55
can they poke when they are invisible?

Lenard
11-11-03, 17:51
Yes they can poke, they can shoot, they can do anything they can normally do when they go invisible.

Scikar
11-11-03, 18:34
Everytime, but the have to hide this ability from players, like not going (in)visible in the middle of a crowd in plaza 1. If you haven't read this here, you should think ingame that they can not go invisible.

Often when one counsellor is doing an event, many others are watching invisible, if being at this event as themself is not a good idea.

OK. Thanks very much the info, this helps clear up a lot of things about the FCs.

VetteroX
11-11-03, 23:13
Thanks Arbiter. I didnt expect her to be removed, so I dont mind but warning her is good, at least now xer0 and I can deal with her ourselves. That as the inteligent saw and stupid did not, was the point... she cannot abuse her powers, and get away with it. Now, not god mode, she wont. Thx.

Shadow Dancer
11-11-03, 23:40

I think you should "re"explain this rules to all the fcs. I witnessed an FC break this rule and the godmode rule before. But I like the FC and didn't think it was a big deal. :p But still, I wouldn't want the FC to get in trouble if he/she does it again.

Ka0s^
11-11-03, 23:42
i stayed outta this al the way the thru just to see where it went.
Granted Tamara shouldnt have had godmode on, but i assure you she is working hard for a faction that on the wholehas fallen to pieces on saturn as said by some others, and its INCREDIBLY annoying as arbiter said having to deal with 4+ raids on TH a day with no1 to help and hardly any runners to motivate.

Im glad arbiter explained it well. Its a good job some ppl still have common sense.

Btw i have only just started as Tamaras assistant if u didnt know, u can DM me or mail me ingame on Ka0s^ with FA related issues if u cant get hold of Tamara :)

Matthew.v.smith
11-11-03, 23:57
TH has been attacked around 3 or 4 times maybe more in a row this week witch is a real pain in the ass.

to make matters worse after getting pwned by a py with a APU and PPU and a tank with him only to get sworn at over DM for not coming out and fighting is tottaly aggrovating.

imo that is Greif play or Abuse because i was killed and then sworn at.

so a little bad language from our Councellor when u enter isnt gonna hurt anyones feelings unless u are a bit of a pussy.

Because we put up with it everyday Log on "Matt TH under attack" awww wtf i will go look bang get pwned by about 7 guys.
I DM "lol ure well ard" hahahah yeah come out u pussy FA and have more im camping the bloody doorway" "Me = Nah im ok " him = Haahahah pussy cat" etc etc.

Deal with it all your trying to do is Get a Perfectly normal person in a heap of trouble just for the sake of having your own way.

TH is FAS DOWN WITH TT.

Matty.:angel:

Shadow Dancer
12-11-03, 00:03
Originally posted by Matthew.v.smith

so a little bad language from our Councellor when u enter isnt gonna hurt anyones feelings unless u are a bit of a pussy.

Simply amazing. It's just simply amazing how this far into the thread and all that's been said, some people can still miss the point.

Scikar
12-11-03, 00:06
As Vet said, this isn't about trying to get Tamara kicked out, it's about establishing the facts, finding out exactly what the rules are regarding FCs, and whether or not Tamara, in this case, was breaking them. I doubt very much it's a deliberate abuse of godmode, and that's exactly why nobody here is asking for Tamara to be removed.

ericdraven
12-11-03, 00:08
Simply amazing. It's just simply amazing how this far into the thread and all that's been said, some people can still miss the point.
Not everyone has such a big brain like you, Arc.. ;)

Cryotchekk
12-11-03, 00:12
OMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMG th4t mercuri d00d said he waZ g0nn4 g1v3 me a h3rc chip but den it g0t turned int0 da uuuubbbbbeeeerrrr FL OWNING weapon and he sh0t me. BAN dis d00d coz he 'az 1337 g()d m0d3 skiLLZ dat me cant Do sh17 ab0ut coz eye iz t00 d00pid to walkZ away. OMG KK ban dis d00d wit his 1337 expotering of t3h game!!!!!!!!!!!!1111111111111111!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!11111111111111!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11111111111111111oneoneone

Shadow Dancer
12-11-03, 00:20
Originally posted by ericdraven
Not everyone has such a big brain like you, Arc.. ;)

I know, these mortals can be so difficult.

:angel:

VetteroX
12-11-03, 02:01
dont worry, matt is like 12, you can see it in his pic, and how he acts. hes exactly the type I dont want as an FC (glad hes not), because he goes crazy when I pk him, like "WTF YOU ASSHOLE WHY DO YOU COME TO TH AND PK ME IN MY HQ WTF FUCK YOU!!!" maybe because.... your my enemy!? I mean what do you want me to come to TH decorate the palce in flowers and give u a hug? Play the game as its meant to be.

I really do find it funny though, I really think a lot of people read the first 2 lines of my post, skipped all comments and just posted a lame responce.

g0rt
12-11-03, 02:27
Thanks Arbiter. I didnt expect her to be removed, so I dont mind but warning her is good, at least now xer0 and I can deal with her ourselves. That as the inteligent saw and stupid did not, was the point... she cannot abuse her powers, and get away with it. Now, not god mode, she wont. Thx.

I love it when people call others stupid, and misspell words like "intelligent" hahahahha now that’s funny :lol:

How to make an idiot of yourself in one easy step... :p

Matthew.v.smith
12-11-03, 10:09
Actually thats not at all true.

Im 15 for a start and if u wanna see someone acting like a kid
try a certain Clan in MB and someone begining with Kr.

when he saw me he began shooting me for no reason and we are allies so i dmed him...no responce.....then i dmed him telling him hes dead and he tottaly flipped (got screenshots) and called me a F***ing c**t and things that only a child would do.

So get your facts right eh?

and next if i get pked in TH by and "enemy" im not going to ask "why" u pked me because you made that bit up unless u are a neutral who thinks its clever to sneek up on allies to pk then gloat about it.

if i get really annoyed i always DM and keep calm but mostly its the Replyers who start of the swearing and stuff.

so in the end when it comes down to TH anyone who gets pked in a Raid isnt a wimp or whatever becuase no "one" person can stand up to "PPU+APU SPY TANK" and thats what gets me so annoyed never a fair fight and when it is one on one and u win they wet themself's and bring the whole gang to pwn u and think haha revenge but it isnt.

Matty.

Matthew.v.smith
12-11-03, 10:10
Actually thats not at all true.

Im 15 for a start and if u wanna see someone acting like a kid
try a certain Clan in MB and someone begining with Kr.

when he saw me he began shooting me for no reason and we are allies so i dmed him...no responce.....then i dmed him telling him hes dead and he tottaly flipped (got screenshots) and called me a F***ing c**t and things that only a child would do.

So get your facts right eh?

and next if i get pked in TH by and "enemy" im not going to ask "why" u pked me because you made that bit up unless u are a neutral who thinks its clever to sneek up on allies to pk then gloat about it.

if i get really annoyed i always DM and keep calm but mostly its the Replyers who start of the swearing and stuff.

so in the end when it comes down to TH anyone who gets pked in a Raid isnt a wimp or whatever becuase no "one" person can stand up to "PPU+APU SPY TANK" and thats what gets me so annoyed never a fair fight and when it is one on one and u win they wet themself's and bring the whole gang to pwn u and think haha revenge but it isnt.

Matty.

Matthew.v.smith
12-11-03, 10:14
I appologise for the double post.

But when i said your trying to get her in trouble i meant in a "Press" sort of way.

like getting everyone to know that she did this therefor she must be well out of order.

Matty.:p

Ka0s^
12-11-03, 21:01
Vet what goes around comes around........

i assure u that FA isnt gonna be the place to pK when we get a few things sorted. Methinks godmode is something u may be wishing for sooner or later ;)

ezza
12-11-03, 21:07
Originally posted by Ka0s^
Vet what goes around comes around........

i assure u that FA isnt gonna be the place to pK when we get a few things sorted. Methinks godmode is something u may be wishing for sooner or later ;)

dunno if your messing about or what but if they make the TH into a fortress with guards all over the place its will be stupid.

both MB and TG are pkable, makeing TH unpkable is stupid.

i wonder what the situation will be when fa get decent runners again.

i recon if the guards from MB and TG were removed they would still defend in the same way that they do now, the need for guards is only based on the lack of runners in TH, maybe they should stop showing off there PA in plaza and get to TH cos i see more FA around neocron that in TH

Ka0s^ i think you time would be better used organising the FA clans etc rather than sticking turrets all over the place

Mr_Snow
12-11-03, 21:13
TH needs to be brought to equivalent security to that of the MB or of TG not made into a fortress anyone who wants that should go city and hid in the safezones there.

Ka0s^
12-11-03, 21:52
dunno if your messing about or what but if they make the TH into a fortress with guards all over the place its will be stupid.

both MB and TG are pkable, makeing TH unpkable is stupid.

i wonder what the situation will be when fa get decent runners again.

i recon if the guards from MB and TG were removed they would still defend in the same way that they do now, the need for guards is only based on the lack of runners in TH, maybe they should stop showing off there PA in plaza and get to TH cos i see more FA around neocron that in TH

Ka0s^ i think you time would be better used organising the FA clans etc rather than sticking turrets all over the place

lol ezza i meant it in a funny way, not as a threat, as for the organizing clans bit, its quite a hard task as the clans as they stand are nothing to what they were 6 months ago. I agree Turreting TH wont solve the problem, but as stated in earlier posts, bringing TH in line with other faction HQs is what we want.

Its hard to defend TH when theres only 10 or 12 ppl online and half of them cant, or dont wanna fight, believe me Myself and Tamara are working on this but its no easy task!!

ezza
12-11-03, 22:06
ah k, think i got the wrong end of the stick then;)

how come this only all seems to come around off late.

or have people been moaning about TH for ages?

Mr_Snow
12-11-03, 23:31
Its been more lately because theres a recent trend to move to BD crahn Tsunami etc and BD and Crahn are now active and actively attacking and raiding TH.

Ka0s^
13-11-03, 00:06
the whole FA thing on staurn goes quite a way back, and yes of late ppl have been leaving FA etc. It is bad when ur apts are camped for up to an hour at a time by TT :(

___T-X____
13-11-03, 00:17
thread over guys - you got a more than satisfactory response. Doesnt matter if you like the outcome - you got the response to the issue

GJ Arb

Gotterdammerung
13-11-03, 00:51
Yeah, T-X is right. Arbiters reply has been posted and a day or 2 has gone by for discussion. Most of the posts now are getting to the "stfu n00b" point.

Closed