PDA

View Full Version : An Idea to put GenTanks on a new footing.

Heavyporker
09-11-03, 18:33
You know how fast mana regenerates for a full-fleged PSI Monk?

Well, what I propose for GenTanks would be something along that line, for their health... After all, GenTanks are supposed to be extremely durable.

Right now, even for players with high base HLT, it's like, without any aid, you heal 1 hp every 5 minutes. What if that changed to about 1 hp regenerated per 15 seconds base at 0 HLT points, and increasing to something like 1 hp per second for 120+ HLT. I think its decent, a nice bit of ticking up on one's own.

So this would reward the GenTank that decides to specialize more strongly to high HLT.

Now, the HP cap would have to be upped to around 800ish maximum, so that GenTanks could take proper advantage of their high CON/HLT.

Good idea or not?

Dissenter
09-11-03, 18:35
could become pretty exploitable combined with a PPU healing a tank.

Could be messed about with though I suppose

LTA
09-11-03, 18:39
just as long as it dosent race up, but then i spose things like insta 50 hp medis would be nice to.
A slow regen would be nice especially for mob hunting like say 5 points every 5 seconds (take around a minute to heal 60 hp)

Something anyway but not to quick or it may make things err akward :p

Heavyporker
09-11-03, 18:41
Well, not 1 hp per second for any yahoo - it'd be 1 hp per second for *SPECIALIZED*HLT speccers.

g0rt
09-11-03, 18:42
Sounds good. Standard RPG elements....int based class gets fast mana regeneration, strength based class gets fast hp regeneration, dex based class gets fast endurance regeneration.

In all honesty this is how it *SHOULD* work.

5 Stars.

Dissenter
09-11-03, 18:42
so mainly for people who PvM your saying..

cos most tanks nowadays are resist whores

Heavyporker
09-11-03, 18:53
Dont GenTanks get high HLT already - being like at least 100 HLT? SO they'd have decent enough hp regeneration under this system, something like 1 hp per 4 to 5 seconds - its only those really dedicated to high HLT that would have the best hp regeneration.

dr.fish
09-11-03, 18:58
tanks dont have 100 hlt, at least i dont. It would gimp their resists.

Heavyporker
09-11-03, 19:06
Then put COn+HLT in the calcs.

Capping hp regeneration would be something like 100 CON + 130 HLT. Or some balance thereof.

But with this scheme in effect, HP regeneration still becomes VERY effective for soloers, even at low levels.

Why are you using capped characters or stats as an arguement? Look at the whole spectrum.

naimex
09-11-03, 20:02
i can clearly see what you are thinking but i think you are thinking wrong..

As you are looking at the constitution and health of a tank, you should more rather look into the heavy stamina drain..

you cant run and shoot as a tank without loosing all your stamina thus having to eat stamina boosters all the time..

what if you never LOST stamina for firing guns as a tank ??

f*ck faster healing IMHO (sorry for the expression) i would rather be able to run almost constantly and still be able to firing my weapon instead of just running around eating more stamina boosters than i fire bursts with the TSG..

Dissenter
09-11-03, 20:34
that would actually kinda make sense, seeing as they are fat twats. :p

BombShell
09-11-03, 21:09
first thing first remove -ath on the pa's before we need any other adjustments

dont see y it should be their thou. since tanks hav so much str it should weigh like a feather.

Shadow Dancer
09-11-03, 21:27
Faster healing would be better than less stamina drain IMO, since stamina boosters are instant. :D

Zanathos
09-11-03, 22:01
The basics of the idea is sound, but the healing rate has to be very very little or it will make tanks god like.

Maybe if he reaches a certain HLT level, that way hes gimping his resistanances to get to this point.

Dissenter
09-11-03, 22:02
or on the flipside, less stamina boosters = more space for medkits, even if they arent instant, or anti-shock, or antidote.. etc

Shadow Dancer
09-11-03, 22:04
Originally posted by Dissenter
or on the flipside, less stamina boosters = more space for medkits, even if they arent instant, or anti-shock, or antidote.. etc

Not really, since stam boosters stack in 4.

How many boosters you need? :D

QuantumDelta
09-11-03, 22:10
Originally posted by dr.fish
tanks dont have 100 hlt, at least i dont. It would gimp their resists. You are joking...right?

My Tank has decent runspeed, a little bit more HLT than that, and very good resists for someone without shelter o_O

Duder
09-11-03, 22:10
I think they mean Subskill points Hlt, i hope, not 100 hlt.

Shadow Dancer
09-11-03, 22:11
Originally posted by Duder
I think they mean Subskill points Hlt, i hope, not 100 hlt.

I'm sure QD meant subskill points Hlt as well.

QuantumDelta
09-11-03, 22:12
Indeed QD was :p

Sigh, I suppose I should comment on the idea as well.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, PE vs Tank is balanced, however, this idea, and the features it includes isn't a bad idea.

Though I would rather give the APU some way to heal, the Tank would benefit from this, most Tanks can beat PEs if the players and configurations are of equal skill level, right up to the very top of the skill chain, beyond very few exceptions.

That doesn't mean it should automatically be included, I would suggest bringing the best Tanks against the best of Other classes, to show the max outta the Tank or something similiar, this be judged by experts with A FEW PATCHES WORTH OF BALANCING ON TEST, before it was released on Retail.

This change could very, very easily make the Tank overpowered again, a position the GenTank class is never far away from anyway.

Duder
09-11-03, 22:14
In that case....:rolleyes: ;) :confused: :mad: :D :o :eek: :p :) :cool: :( o_O O_o :wtf: :angel: 8| :lol: SMILIEY ATTACKS.

What if you made health generation a bit better then a capped heal, but in return, no heals can be used on the tanks.

Shadow Dancer
09-11-03, 22:16
Originally posted by Duder
In that case....:rolleyes: ;) :confused: :mad: :D :o :eek: :p :) :cool: :( o_O O_o :wtf: :angel: 8| :lol: SMILIEY ATTACKS.

What if you made health generation a bit better then a capped heal, but in return, no heals can be used on the tanks.

No heals can be used on the tank? Why don't you put a big sign on the tank's head that says "if you see me at an op war, kill me first".

Duder
09-11-03, 22:19
Ok make the regeneration as stong as a blessed heal then?

QuantumDelta
09-11-03, 22:20
Capped Heal + Holy Heal would be scary :p

The problem which I think a lot of people are going to see is that certain weapons are not insta-pwn, they wear down the user (drones/pistols/melee/some rifles), they don't pack enough punch and having a constant capped TL3 Heal on, even that...would be overpowered...

Wannabe
10-11-03, 00:45
Hmm... since when has a body been able to regenerate spilt out blood at a fast pace?

I'd rather see medikits heal as fast as TL3 heal does. That would be a nice boost, seeing as quite a few classes use them =)

// Wannabe

Vid Gamer
10-11-03, 00:50
Agreed.

5 stars.

The HLT cap currently is 595 now, right?

Ehyuko
10-11-03, 02:15
Psi energy regeneration is based on Psi stat, psi power and the total size of the mana pool [as I recall at least], meaning anyone can have this rate of psi regeneration - if you spec for it and have enough skillpoints.

So as long as this health regeneration feature is applied evenly to all classes, I see no problem for a constant slow heal [not TL 3, because mine heals like 100 health in 15 seconds]. If this ability is tank specific, then I would look forward to seeing this implemented when each class has it's own little bonus ability and not before.

Scikar
10-11-03, 03:02
Originally posted by Wannabe
Hmm... since when has a body been able to regenerate spilt out blood at a fast pace?

I'd rather see medikits heal as fast as TL3 heal does. That would be a nice boost, seeing as quite a few classes use them =)

// Wannabe

Since when were people able to walk through bullets, and bring down a blue beam from the sky which sticks people to the floor, even when inside a cave? :p

I think a few people here have overlooked the fact that 1 HP per second is roughly what the regen rate is now. 1 HP per second, with 595 total health, means that if you are almost dead, it will ~600 seconds = 10 minutes to fully heal. To put that in real terms, that's 5 minutes to heal up fully from half health, which is the same amount of time as it takes for the synap to go away after taking a LoM pill. Overpowered? I think not.