PDA

View Full Version : A thought on DOY skill caps...

Lexxuk
09-11-03, 17:15
If i read correctly, which I may have done, because I can almost read now, when DOY pops up (in 2075) skill caps will be removed, which means you can overcap your chars skills, but not subskills (after your cap, your level goes up, but you dont get 5 points).

Thinkin about this in bed last night (I really gotta get someone to share my bed with to stop me thinking *g*), is this really a good idea?

Monk's, well, they could run a bit faster I suppose, not really much change in them
Tanks would be able to cap a liberator thru Dex (if it gets high enough) & wear better belts
Spies would be able to wear armour, which is bad.
Now.. PE's..

PE's would be able to overcap their PSI easily, their shelter/deflector capped, even with PA on, the increase in PSI would mean higher Mana too
PE's would be able to wear Duranit 4 Armour/Inq 4 armour, without any problems at all
PE's would be able to wear high belts
PE's would be able to use and cap any Rifle/Pistol going (dmg is part of dex, higher dex = more dmg)

So, really, its a query about PE's post DOY, will they become over powered, in that they will be able to use the best armour, and the best weaponry, along with good PSI, making them the strongest class in the game? Or did I just read wrong ;)

\\Fényx//
09-11-03, 17:23
Originally posted by Lexxuk
If i read correctly, which I may have done, because I can almost read now, when DOY pops up (in 2075) skill caps will be removed, which means you can overcap your chars skills, but not subskills (after your cap, your level goes up, but you dont get 5 points).

Thinkin about this in bed last night (I really gotta get someone to share my bed with to stop me thinking *g*), is this really a good idea?

Monk's, well, they could run a bit faster I suppose, not really much change in them
Tanks would be able to cap a liberator thru Dex (if it gets high enough) & wear better belts
Spies would be able to wear armour, which is bad.
Now.. PE's..

PE's would be able to overcap their PSI easily, their shelter/deflector capped, even with PA on, the increase in PSI would mean higher Mana too
PE's would be able to wear Duranit 4 Armour/Inq 4 armour, without any problems at all
PE's would be able to wear high belts
PE's would be able to use and cap any Rifle/Pistol going (dmg is part of dex, higher dex = more dmg)

So, really, its a query about PE's post DOY, will they become over powered, in that they will be able to use the best armour, and the best weaponry, along with good PSI, making them the strongest class in the game? Or did I just read wrong ;)

Maybe it should stop when youve gained a extra 20 to the main stat, however tbh, a PE's less likely to get the 90-95 str etc cause thier XP gain is even all round, so its not at 100% like a tanks str gain or whateva, its like 40%... So its gonna be damn tough for em... only the hardcore players with far too much time on thier hands would be arsed to do it

Lexxuk
09-11-03, 17:27
Nah, PE's int/str/dex all raises at the same level depending on what your doing. If you construct as a PE, your Int/Str/Dex will be perfectly equal, so a PE would be the easiest class to get to 100/100/*/100/*

@ 100 Int = heavy belts
@ 100 STR = Duranium 4 armour
@ 100 Dex = First Love (not capped though)

Even now, uncapped, my PE with an unslotted 113% dmg ROG manages to cap the damage on it, at 100 dex, purrrrr.

msdong
09-11-03, 17:30
the last infoemation from the GC was that there will still be a skill cap but a another skill that adds special bonuses or something

Judge
09-11-03, 17:34
This, and the exploration of the DoY are the main things that I am looking forward to with the DoY expansion.

I'm hoping that it might balance up the game PvP wise.... well I can live in hope can't I? Oh.... I can't. Sorry.

Anyway Lexxuk, I don't think that KK would be that silly, as PEs would be uber overpowered in that case. I can't rememeber what info was given at the GC.... does anyone have a link to the thread or something (can't be arsed to use the search funciton :p)

LVirus
10-11-03, 10:14
If there will be a stupid removed skill caps, I would be the first one to exit via a door.

Thank you but no thank you. No level caps means SO much huge advantage to n0life MMOPRG'ers that it would really ruin a perfect day in my spys life. Thats what I hated in MUD's .. those who got time to play got so much futher for others. I'm not casual player, far away from it but I'm not a powergamer neighter.

KK should really consider just keeping things like they are, or why to fiddle around with BASIC foundation system after alpha and beta2 :wtf: :wtf: ?

NO FOR SKILL CAPS -- THANK YOU

El Barto
10-11-03, 12:08
If they do raise the caps, then it should just be the main skills of each class, and not by much.

Like Gen-Tanks get an extra 5 levels to con and STR, by doing this you won't be having uber rifle/pistol tanks or Heavy Weapon weilding PSI-Monks, because PSI-Monks will only get an extra to PSI-Power and INT.

Only thing is I dunno what would be raised on PEs, I'd guess just every thing on a PE would be. Hopefullt they don't raise the caps by much, maybe just 5 levels.

Progenitor
10-11-03, 20:32
It would make things exceptionally unbalanced I think.

As a monk, I could easitly get another 10 or so STR levels and be able to use better bone implants = more force resists.

IF a PE had enough mana, they could resurect.

Everyone would be able to eventually wear PA4's without drugs or implants.

Total chaos would insue; Fires and brimstone coming down from the sky, rivers and seas boiling, Forty years of darkness! Earthquakes, volcanoes, The dead rising from the graves!, Human sacrifice, dogs and cats living together, mass hysteria!

You get the idea.

-p

Elric
10-11-03, 20:36
Originally posted by Progenitor
......from the graves!, Human sacrifice, dogs and cats living together, mass hysteria!

You get the idea.

-p

Ghostbusters If i remember correctly.

Dribble Joy
10-11-03, 20:46
I thought that they were 'un-locking' the 6th stat line with DoY.
You can continue to gain xp after capps and at each new 'level' instead of gaining a lvl and 5 points you got somethiing like a skill or ability?