PDA

View Full Version : Any one else get this...

nugz420
09-11-03, 12:08
Ok lately like that last two days when i playing nc it closes itself down for no reason.No fatal error box no sync's just all of a sudden boom to desktop and nc is closed.

its happened to me like 5 times in the past two hours.I have not changed anything on my comp lately either.Any suggestions most frequent time it happens is when casting a spell or switching to a dif item in qb.

also lately it seems syncs have went up alot 2 i often get them while zone'n im lucky to make it a hour of play with out a sync or the mysterious nc decides to close itself problem.

Gotterdammerung
09-11-03, 12:19
it happens to me as well, and it's totally random.

superfresh
09-11-03, 12:25
It has something to do with the lunar eclipse.

Rachius
09-11-03, 12:26
Ive had it happen once to me in the last week. I was browsing the citycom at the time and it just randomly crashed straight to desktop oO

nugz420
09-11-03, 12:28
HMMM I have had it hapen to me before in the past but it was a rare thing, maybe 2-3 times in the year i have been playing.

But like i said lately its getting real common. It's like the game says look hes casting those evil buffs to make him stronger better close down maybe we can catch him at a bad time so when he logs back in he's dead. :(

Darth Slayer
09-11-03, 12:31
H'mm happens to me too and never used too.
Totally random as that nice Gotterdammerung says......:D

Tratos
09-11-03, 12:59
i get that but only when using teamspeak :confused: :confused:

~T

Berzerker
09-11-03, 13:12
If you are using a voice program. You may have the numlock bug. In TS you have to check disable direct input. If you don't do that. NC will crash every time you hit any of the numpad keys or up, down, delete, page up down ect.

Candaman
09-11-03, 13:49
I have a logitech keyboard and unless i put the function lock on every time i hit a F* key it will close straight to desktop dunno if that helps any

nugz420
09-11-03, 13:56
Not using voice coms,so thats not it.I cant think of anything that would make it happen alot lately.As I said I've had it happen before but only like 2-3 times in a year.

I would think it was my computer, but I havent changed anything on it.Guess ill try a defrag and see what that does.All I know its really annoying.Hope a defrag will fix it or atleast make it less common like it used to be.

nugz420
10-11-03, 10:56
ok now my explorer is getting fatal and shutting down while browsing the web.So it might be my comp. :( Any computer types have any suggestions of what i should check to see if my comp is the problem?

Amd athlon 850
win ME
320 mb ram pc 133
geforce 4 ti 4200
(yeah its a old p.o.s comp)
plannin on upgrading to to a p4 2.4gig (800mhz fbs) ausus mobo and atleast double'n my current memory with pc 3200 ddr,so if it is my comp no biggie.would just like to check it as i plan on using most of the shit from this comp till i can upgrade what i cant afford to upgrade atm.

El Barto
10-11-03, 12:04
Yeah, I get that, it seems to be random.

Shockwave
10-11-03, 12:22
Nugz, post the exact error messages you're getting and I'll try to play interpreter for you. :)

Edit: Is this a BSOD (Blue Screen Of Death), or a standard Windows popup box you're getting?

nugz420
10-11-03, 12:34
its the pop up box that has some gibberish about some error in explorer then click ok, Then IE closes down.

Also seems like i get the necron closing itself with no message about once every 20 min maybe 25 min if im lucky.(last time i was playing like 30 min ago was getting it like every 5 min though)The windows explorer error has only occured like 3 times in last 2 days.

next time i get the explorer error ill write down exact message and post here till then i dont know the exact msg.

NeoChick
10-11-03, 12:41
I also crash a whole lot lately mainly when syncing changing zones or using genrep

Also the lag has been really bad the last week or so. Somehow everything seems to stop for a little while and you just stand there and can do nothing, and I am using spells, so when it comes back on my spell makes kind of popping noises and does not work and I nearly get killed by the mob every time

or how about you crash. you log back in but arrive syncing in the midst of mobs all firing at you whilst you are syncing. You log again and try again, still syncing. you log and come back again and now you are dead.

retr0n
10-11-03, 13:02
it's a feature :D