PDA

View Full Version : *sigh* another pluto vs saturn thread

trigger hurt
09-11-03, 05:32
This isn't a flame to folks on pluto or anything. Infact, I do dig the atmophere on pluto. Everyone who has been there for a while knows of each other, so there is a great base community there.

What irks the hell out of me is the claims that some have made about Saturn's economy being screwed all to hell. On Saturn, a new char can get starter weapons just by standing in plaza 1 and asking for it. I occasionally stand in plaza giving cash and slotted low tl weapons to chars as long as their rank is below /20. Sometimes they tip, sometimes they don't.

So, i rerolled my pe on pluto the other day. He was only /13, and only had a lazar rifle. I wanted to make a pistol spy, cause I have had the most fun on my pistol spy on Saturn. I have a few friends on pluto who also have chars on saturn, so they give me some cash to get started. What they don't have, I attempt to purchase through trade in plaza 1. So there I am, standing in plaza 1, asking to buy a medicant smg and a lazar pistol. Offering to pay 1k for each of them or 500nc for blueprints.

The response I get are some giggles, some telling me im a moron cause I think I can get these weapons for so little and a few idiots who dm me telling me if I pay 1mill for it, I can have a 1 slot medicant. So, I logged off of that char and logged back on to my saturn char. I am trying to figure out how anyone can justify selling a TL 6 weapon for 1mill even if it doesn't drop anymore. It takes no gel to research or build and the cost of a cube is only 100nc or so. I have come to the conclusion that Pluto's economy is just as bad as Saturn's. The only difference is that on Saturn, some people are willing to help out noobs cause we would like to keep them around.

REMUS
09-11-03, 06:12
one bad experiance does = the state of the entire server, you allowed a few retards to have an effect on you, if i had see you i would of given you starter cash and introduced you to a few trade skillers, most people would of done this for you on pluto you were just in the wrong place at the wrong time unfortunatly :(

Rieper
09-11-03, 06:51
i try to help newbies on every server i play on.. altho on saturn, while i got a lot of help, i havent been able to help much atm :)

Ehyuko
09-11-03, 06:58
Just as a guess, most people on Pluto have been on there for quite some time and thus hoard these weapons from when they could not be found and are asking prices based on that.

While many people have started new chars on Pluto, I doubt very much many kept their starter weapons, while it is easy to make a new char on Saturn with 3 alts and a main, on Pluto making a new char requires you to delete all [one] of your characters. In my opinion this is why you see so few low level weapons - and offers to sell them.

This combined with the fact that leveling is so dead easy at low levels means everyone quickly outgrows their starter weapons, meaning again, little reason to keep them.

Edit: Of course this easy of getting low level items on Saturn has it's drawbacks in that each person now has four characters to supply and thus do not want to part with their rares. This is what most people think of when talking baout Saturn's messed up economy, I sell and buy rare parts for no more then 200k, marine, psi-cores, disruptor, psi rares you name it. On Saturn some of these prices are easily 500k+, and many people have stated these are the current prices... which may be correct on Saturn but not for the most part on Pluto.

IceStorm
09-11-03, 07:12
If you're having trouble getting starter weapons on Pluto, contact me in-game. My char's name is IceStorm. I play extensively Wednesday and Thursday overnights from about 8pm to 6am EST. I'm hit and miss on Sat-Tues depending on work and whatnot (I'll usually log in around 8am EST when I get home and log out an hour or so later).

I have all the lower level weapons. My costs are chem prices. Tip's up to you. If you're not looking for x number of slots I can do up weapons without prep time. I also have almost all the buildable imps and armor.

Pluto is Pluto - clan heavy, politcally charged, and agressive. If you're not in a clan (or friends with a clan) things can be difficult. I make connections by doing work for people when their clan constructors/researchers/repairers aren't around, so I've managed to create a decent list of people to contact when I need something specific. It's also taken me over a year to get my character to where it is today, and I'm still not capped (900 Warbots to go).

trigger hurt
09-11-03, 07:19
Originally posted by REMUS
one bad experiance does = the state of the entire server, you allowed a few retards to have an effect on you, if i had see you i would of given you starter cash and introduced you to a few trade skillers, most people would of done this for you on pluto you were just in the wrong place at the wrong time unfortunatly :(

I am not saying that because of these people, pluto is all bad. I am quite certain that there is a great community. I just find it amusing at times of all the saturn bashing that goes on from pluto folks when discussing the economy and player attitudes.

I don't intend to give up on pluto, but if everytime I log on, the only tradeskillers around want to charge to actually do low level tradeskilling, it's kinda discouraging. What do you say to the newbs who are actually new to this game when they ask for assistance? I doubt they know anything about ways to make money, so how are they gonna come up with the fortune folks want.

@ IceStorm - I play on wednesday nights and thursday nights as well. I'll send you a DM when I log on. I'm not asking for cash, just want to buy a bp of a starter pistol.

nonamebrandeggs
09-11-03, 07:42
Originally posted by Rieper
i try to help newbies on every server i play on.. altho on saturn, while i got a lot of help, i havent been able to help much atm :)

Rieper gave me 500k on Uranus! <3

Hippieman
09-11-03, 07:59
Go to Cred's Greenhouse on Pluto. Hes got a lot of newbie weapons to give out including the ones that dont drop anymore like the Medicant SMG. His ingame name is Cred.

TheDuckMan
09-11-03, 08:41
Selling a 1 slot mendicant SMG for 1 MIL?!?!?! I couldnt sell a 2 slotted one for 10k. OMFG. Those guys were messed

trigger hurt
09-11-03, 09:18
Originally posted by Hippieman
Go to Cred's Greenhouse on Pluto. Hes got a lot of newbie weapons to give out including the ones that dont drop anymore like the Medicant SMG. His ingame name is Cred.

Thanks for the info hippie. I've been thinking of relocating servers, but I also dont want to dump my junk on saturn off to someone for stuff on pluto. I have grown quite attached the the weapons I have had made since start of retail.

Heck, I still have a bunch of implants and other junk that never drops now on saturn in my newb apartment. I just realized, my account is a year old.