PDA

View Full Version : Giving Classes "class" abilities & feats?

Duder
09-11-03, 00:46
Here we go, now that we got class based power armor, wouldnt it be nice to get class based abilities, and feats?

Class based abilities should be only be available when you are capped, as getting the class bonus at the end is a nice prize to when you have capped yourself.

Tanks - Well they should get a Health, Endurance and Resist boost, not saying any numbers yet.

Spies - They should get a boost in their athletics and agility, to say 90/90

Monks - hahaha, runcasting? I think that would be a nice boost, less fizzles maybe when running about.

PEs - No idea, maybe less reqs for items or maybe PE subskill points are worth more then the other classes subskillpoints, excluding resists, athletics and agility, barter.

And Feats, im thinking 3 feats you can choose from a common pool, and 1 class based feat.

Example; regeneration for tanks.

This might give classes a flavour, uniqueness and less cookiecutter.

Scikar
09-11-03, 01:00
I think something like this is already planned for DoY. Apparently if you gain a certain amount of additional XP after capping, you activate a special skill, or something like that.

Wrathwind
09-11-03, 02:37
Yeah, I think this is a good idea. So far classes have mostly just been different character models and stat caps (and exp. gain speed of course). The less cookie-cutterness there is, the better. I'm not sure though whether it should be something that can be attained with just points, unless it's something that can make you exceed a cap for example.

The special stuff wouldn't really need to be anything spectacular in balance terms, but something that stands out and makes the classes more different from each other. Oh, and the feats would be nice, for example in Fallout style, maybe you could gain them at set stat intervals, from a common pool plus a few extra that would maybe require enough points in a certain subskill or be class-based.

FatDogg
09-11-03, 05:42
holy crap, a good idea 8| I wanna see a regeneration skill for APU's :)

Shadow Dancer
09-11-03, 11:16
[ edited for violation of the forum rules - flaming, spamming ]

Duder
09-11-03, 15:46
Originally posted by Shadow Dancer
[ edited ]

Not really, you just werent fast enough to spam these threads...

\\Fényx//
09-11-03, 16:13
Originally posted by Duder
Not really, you just werent fast enough to spam these threads...

aww shit i missed it :lol: What did he say ? :p Anyway, good idea but like scikar mentioned there may be something like this for DOY, Theres already a 6th stat like you can raise by missions, you can hear it ding but none of the 5 current skills go up :)

Duder
09-11-03, 16:53
Omg Niddy edited it? Heheheh.

Nah i stole SDs Patented ida, of course. :rolleyes: Not like this idea is an ultra super original idea that no one has thought about before.

Shadow Dancer
09-11-03, 22:03
Originally posted by \\Fényx//
aww shit i missed it :lol: What did he say ? :p

I called duder a thief. I know duder and like duder. I thought it was obvious it was a joke.

Guess not. Can't believe I got edited for that. O_o

Anyways, the original idea I had was similar. Tanks would get a health boost, or the ability to pass the health cap(HRMMM, maybe each class should have their own health cap?). Spies would get 75 ath/ag as a beginning OR they would run at max speed all the time. Pes woudl get all their reqs reduced by 5, for any item. And I'm not going to mention my psi monk idea, lest I get flamed again. :lol:

Dissenter
09-11-03, 22:49
Private Eyes feat = Funky Sherlock Holmes Hat :D

El Barto
10-11-03, 12:41
Sounds good.

Jesterthegreat
10-11-03, 13:00
maybe extra epic missions - earn the right to use them?

that or get points for PvP (a la DAoC's realm abilities) but thats not good for LE'd peeps