Stigmata
08-11-03, 21:13
i just saw 3 people on saturn all HC tanks with

71/70
72/60
79/59 ranks

how can you get a rank like this ?

is it a bug or what ?

cant post a screenie because i cant take em anymore....nc locks when i try for some reason

Andy

g0rt
08-11-03, 21:13
Originally posted by stigmata
i just saw 3 people on saturn all HC tanks with

71/70
72/60
79/59 ranks

how can you get a rank like this ?

is it a bug or what ?

cant post a screenie because i cant take em anymore....nc locks when i try for some reason

Andy

Vehicles maybe?

Not something you see every day.

Rith
08-11-03, 21:14
I've seen a fair few 7X/65 s running around recently - a lot more than before...

not sure, but I'd have thought its kind of an anti-exploit - you fuck up your chances of getting money or rares from drops :)

ezza
08-11-03, 21:24
yeah i saw a tank today with a 70+ rank, i was like WTF have they given us my wish that tanks can get 3 star.

but proberbly they have a kami in, wouldnt that give them a 70 rank?

g0rt
08-11-03, 21:25
Originally posted by ezza
yeah i saw a tank today with a 70+ rank, i was like WTF have they given us my wish that tanks can get 3 star.

but proberbly they have a kami in, wouldnt that give them a 70 rank?

Mankind tried to get the highest rank he could...fortress + kami + pa4 + full hc imps....he got 65 and i believe he was capped str.

Marzola
08-11-03, 21:25
I'm guessing Kami, PPU bost, drugged up to use PA4, and an Outpost.

ezza
08-11-03, 21:30
the below is one screeny i got in plaza on saturn showing a 71 rank tank :eek:
http://ezzaneocron.20megsfree.com/images/71ranktank.jpg

SorkZmok
08-11-03, 21:30
Originally posted by Rith
you fuck up your chances of getting money or rares from drops :)

83/70 spy here and i still get enough money and rare stuff from hunting. I cant see any differences between now and when i started hunting warbots with about 40/35.

About those insane tank ranks, no idea how they get it, all i saw are enemies and don't want to tell me. :(
But i don't think they're using kami chips...

Keiron
08-11-03, 21:49
Rhinos take tanks to 71+ usually. I think Rhino damage is somewhat dependent on H-C as well so I imagine someone in a Fortress Zone + PA4 + HC3 + Marine + Kami + Herc + MOVEON would have a rather high rank.

ezza
08-11-03, 21:51
but doesnt the rank from the vehicle drop back to normal once you leave it, ive not used a tank gun of late, but on my reveler as soon as i get out the seat my rank goes back to its normal rank

retr0n
08-11-03, 23:23
yep it sure does... drops back to the rank you had before entering
the vehicle and using the weapon.

i'm not going to say for certain that those guys are doing the
same thing, but here is a screenie from tg caves earlier today

http://www.invertedmotion.com/temp/exploit_rank.jpg

ezza
08-11-03, 23:25
that is fucking rediculus a level 2 char with a 30+ rank.

Sadrine
09-11-03, 00:45
thats an exploit!!!

I know how to reproduce that but i dont make it :P

Peeping Tom
09-11-03, 01:05
Originally posted by retr0n
i'm not going to say for certain that those guys are doing the
same thing, but here is a screenie from tg caves earlier today

hm did you forget to block the dudes name ? :P
K4F

retr0n
09-11-03, 01:54
actually no. :)

QuantumDelta
09-11-03, 02:04
Originally posted by Sadrine
thats an exploit!!!

I know how to reproduce that but i dont make it :P

Same here.

Ezza - the Vehical Ranks aren't "auto" they take a zone or two.

It's vehicals, it has to be.

Nidhogg
09-11-03, 02:06
Just a quick word of warning. Posting exploit methods will get you into a lot of trouble and the thread will be immediately removed. If you think you know about an exploit then please email the details to exploits@neocron.com. Thanks.

N

Carbonite
09-11-03, 02:18
doing the 37/2 one (Like the tank on the picture) is a exploit and they will be either warned or banned for it just like any other exploit.

Divide
09-11-03, 02:29
Originally posted by QuantumDelta
Same here.

Ezza - the Vehical Ranks aren't "auto" they take a zone or two.

It's vehicals, it has to be.

no qd, it updates as soon as you exit... with a rhino, your rank goes to 80/** no matter what your hc is, as long as you have thehc that is required, you can gun it, and yo will get an 80/ rank... hop out, and you are back to normal.. tested and proven.

QuantumDelta
09-11-03, 02:35
Originally posted by Divide
no qd, it updates as soon as you exit... with a rhino, your rank goes to 80/** no matter what your hc is, as long as you have thehc that is required, you can gun it, and yo will get an 80/ rank... hop out, and you are back to normal.. tested and proven.
However buggy, occasionally it doesn't reset, thanks...
My Tank's suffered from it himself...

As for their Ranks, they ARE impossible Ranks for HC Tanks AFAIK you can't get beyond 65/ Even with Doombeamer and an op, tanks have always been lucky like that...
but I Suppose pistols are lucky the same way...

Hippieman
09-11-03, 02:42
Well what is the email if ya got evidence of a exploiter? Is it abuse@neocron.com ?

GosuSmurf
09-11-03, 03:38
a friend has a 71/70 rank as HC tank..

ezza
09-11-03, 03:40
Originally posted by GosuSmurf
a friend has a 71/70 rank as HC tank..

yeah but how did he get the rank?

Scikar
09-11-03, 04:54
Originally posted by Hippieman
Well what is the email if ya got evidence of a exploiter? Is it abuse@neocron.com ?

exploits@neocron.com for exploits you've found, and abuse@neocron.com for someone exploiting IIRC.

Birkoff
09-11-03, 05:02
Well what you have to do is....

Nah don't wonna get banned, never used it for exploiting i only found "a way whcih i reset before doign anything jsut to see if it was right

FatDogg
09-11-03, 05:04
I got a rank of 69/49 currently... I think my combat rank has always been higher than my normal rank, but I'm pure combat o_O

Birkoff
09-11-03, 05:05
Yeah you can get a rank like 105/70 and not exploit.

Itsa ranks like 55/3 (where they can cave from mc5) which is the problem i belive

IceStorm
09-11-03, 05:12
I thought the uber combat rank with a low skill rank was a known bug...

Divide
09-11-03, 08:10
Originally posted by QuantumDelta
However buggy, occasionally it doesn't reset, thanks...
My Tank's suffered from it himself...

As for their Ranks, they ARE impossible Ranks for HC Tanks AFAIK you can't get beyond 65/ Even with Doombeamer and an op, tanks have always been lucky like that...
but I Suppose pistols are lucky the same way...

while this may in fact be the case, there is no vehicle that will get you to 71/** so the character in question on this thread was obviously not gunning anything aside from whatever was in his inv

QuantumDelta
09-11-03, 08:11
Originally posted by Divide
while this may in fact be the case, there is no vehicle that will get you to 71/** so the character in question on this thread was obviously not gunning anything aside from whatever was in his inv That, is one point I must concede ;)

ezza
09-11-03, 13:21
Originally posted by FatDogg
I got a rank of 69/49 currently... I think my combat rank has always been higher than my normal rank, but I'm pure combat o_O

yeah but fatdogg, judging from your information your a APU correct?

well apus can get 80 ranks anyway, before i started lomming my APU he was i think 65/65

its the tank ranks were interested in

NEOCRACKHEAD
09-11-03, 14:15
This is the guy from the screenshot ( E-raser)

its just a small trick no big deal
but im still not telling how u manage to get the rank, its not Xploit
u simply have to buy something from a neocron store but not telling what ;)

find out for u r selfs !!

greetz

___T-X____
09-11-03, 17:16
i havent done it yet, but it beats the fucking grind. And a bit more content and you might find that experienced players dont do it.

Rizzy
09-11-03, 19:04
[ Edited for violation of the forum rules - posting exploits ]

Ransom
09-11-03, 19:06
Rizzy, I posted that and it was deleted, so we're bodering on discussing an exploit...

Though it is the answer to the thread starters question, so why the thread has remained open?

ezza
09-11-03, 19:06
Originally posted by Rizzy
[ edited ]

was thinking it be something like that after he said it was something you buy as it would have to be something high TL that a tank could use

Maarten
10-11-03, 01:23
I have a screenie of a 74/67 tank. My best guess is that the combat rank is not calculated by only looking at the damage percentages of your weapons.

Same with monks. My friend (APU) has a combat rank of 68 when he has a PSI core, Attack chip 2 and 3 and Exp Psi 3. When he removes the Attack 2 and puts in an Exp Psi 2 (his damage % on his weapons drops) his combat rank goes up to 78.

I think the reason why we haven't got an official response to this "tanks can't get a three star rank" issue is because it IS possible, only nobody knows how to do it. :)

Nidhogg
10-11-03, 01:30
Posting exploit = bad. Thread closed.

N