PDA

View Full Version : Here's an idea.

Duder
08-11-03, 20:34
How about adding Safezones in Faction HQs, and fix them up a little, with lounges, cryton shops and clothing booths and bartenders, gogus, and citycoms, etc etc.

And then, remove safezones everywhere except the Faction HQs.

And to those factions who dont seem to have any enclosed zone as their Faction HQ (TG, TH, CM), how about converting one of their useless empty zones.

Example, CityMercs could have their HQ in MB Sec 2, TH could have Sec 3 of TH converted into a safezone, TG could have that useless false door made into an underground bunker deep in the canyon something.

So we got safezones for Tradeskillers to do their buisness in peace, no more running side by side with your enemies, you get to meet people in your own faction, and make the HQs seem busy. (Put a little "crowded" noise ambience in the HQs heheh).

Also add Copbots in Via Rosso and Plaza, however no huge copbot clusters, like in plaza 3.

And when the StockX becomes converted into that big cybermall, make it too, a safezone.

Oh well, discuss, at least its not a monk nerf thread.

*ph33r*
08-11-03, 20:36
OMG I like.

5 stars!!

g0rt
08-11-03, 20:37
I love it! Remove safezones in the city once non-city factions are kos to copbots...this way these factions can raid the city, and make faction HQ's within the city a safezone...

Duder A+ thinking.

ezza
08-11-03, 21:07
if all other safe zones were removed then yeah id say good idea

Duder
08-11-03, 21:08
Yup, makes the city streets somewhat dangerous, and the faction HQ the safehaven, makes it a nice compromise for those who want a unsafe streets (Neptune Wish), and the tradeskillers paranoid that Neptune will be evil.

ezza
08-11-03, 21:22
Originally posted by Duder
Yup, makes the city streets somewhat dangerous, and the faction HQ the safehaven, makes it a nice compromise for those who want a unsafe streets (Neptune Wish), and the tradeskillers paranoid that Neptune will be evil.

id like to see fighting possible on the streets of neocron, and if they made the faction HQs safezones then if might create a place for the faction to meed plan shit etc.

but you know what Duder like all good ideas it will not happen.

Marx
08-11-03, 21:27
love it - hope someone important stumbles upon this.

-Demon-
08-11-03, 21:46
Originally posted by ezza
id like to see fighting possible on the streets of neocron, and if they made the faction HQs safezones then if might create a place for the faction to meed plan shit etc.

Kinda defeats the entire storyline however of Lion Reeza making the city streets safe in the first place by using the copbots.

Pepper park is place to fight etc but once doy hits in theory thats the way anti-city get into nc...you will get your fighting in the streets and also depending on what doy security is we might be able to fight there too.

I ain't carebear or anything but I don't like the idea really.

ezza
08-11-03, 21:47
umm where does it say in the story line that you are physicaly unable to pull your weapon out in plaza or viarosso?

Matthew.v.smith
08-11-03, 22:18
This idea rox.

i mean if u cant pull your gun out in Plaza 1 without getting "DROP THAT WEAPON" shouted in your ear then why cant it be like that in PP or even in the outzone.

if its so easy to do inside neocron then it cant be that hard to do it 1 sector away in PP1 so go figure lol.

Like da idea its da pwn...

Matty.

P.S) 5 Starz.

Mods plz plz plz look at this now:angel:

Mirco
08-11-03, 22:32
This idea is so cool. Imagine an attack on neocron originating from the main doors. Perhaps some virus or emp attack disabled the copbots and runners had to step in. Imagine people having a mission to destroy all plaza 1 shops or something like that and other to defend.

mystery8
08-11-03, 22:41
With the increase in Copbots in Plaza and Via Rosso districts, I think it might be fun to try removing safe zones. Maybe they could do it on just one server as an experiment. See what happens.
Would be kinda fun to see a bunch of TGs walk into Plaza, pull their weapons out and get leveled.

Marx
08-11-03, 22:47
Originally posted by -Demon-
Kinda defeats the entire storyline however of Lion Reeza making the city streets safe in the first place by using the copbots.

Pepper park is place to fight etc but once doy hits in theory thats the way anti-city get into nc...you will get your fighting in the streets and also depending on what doy security is we might be able to fight there too.

I ain't carebear or anything but I don't like the idea really.

Just because Reza says the streets are safe, doesn't mean they are.

Propoganda goes a long way.

*ph33r*
08-11-03, 23:31
Quite a few people are for this idea- perhaps we should create a poll of somekind to get some figures? Meh?

zAo
08-11-03, 23:45
i really like the idea......... but they should have a gr for faction only ( not sure if you mentioned gr...) and even tho its a safezone they should make all enemy factions KOS, just like if oyu have - 32 soullight you get pwned if you step inside. and maybe give a little boost to tradeskillers? this idea may not be too good but why not give + 10 res and con inside their faction hq?

great idea, what are your opinions on mine?

amfest
08-11-03, 23:53
then I can say OMG you killed plaza 1 :D

and umm no boosts to tradeskills .. .you trying to turn Faction HQs into an Op . . .

zAo
08-11-03, 23:57
no but if they were to leave it the way it is now... no safezones in hqs it may encourage people to hang out at their hq and maybe stop people from coming in and killing the gaurds for lvls :)

Duder
09-11-03, 00:14
I didnt mention GRs, as im thinking that then everyone would just gr to their faction HQ, isolating themselves from the other areas of the city.

Also im thinking there should a lounge area for relaxing, a crytons workshop with their vendors and a gogu, a bar, etc etc, no weapons and ammo shops, and clan apts relocated to the inside of the faction HQ....

I would support GRs in faction HQs if there were no GRs in the city, and the subway reworked (as in 1 subway station for every cityzone except outzones and ind sec, the capacity and speed of the subway better and faster).

g0rt
09-11-03, 00:30
I didnt mention GRs, as im thinking that then everyone would just gr to their faction HQ, isolating themselves from the other areas of the city.

Also im thinking there should a lounge area for relaxing, a crytons workshop with their vendors and a gogu, a bar, etc etc, no weapons and ammo shops, and clan apts relocated to the inside of the faction HQ....

I would support GRs in faction HQs if there were no GRs in the city, and the subway reworked (as in 1 subway station for every cityzone except outzones and ind sec, the capacity and speed of the subway better and faster).

Love it.

Not only will this make it possible for non-city factions to RAID the city...just like certain factions raiding MB/TH/TG...but it will also encourage factions to stick together, because you will have to depend on your faction and its allies to get your R&D done.

QuantumDelta
09-11-03, 01:54
*Throws sparkly things at duder*

darkvision4859
09-11-03, 02:03
Ok I must say I like the idea of this sort of thing it would really make so factions really start to talk and socilize.. It would be really cool.

But how about this let's say that there isn't a Safe Zone cause to be honest I dont' like it really cause why the hell couldn't I phisically pull out my weapon? I mean it's silly... What is there some sort of invisible force that stops me.. Yeah

So how about this. Make it so that the social room is at the back somewhere of the faction HQ's.. And the main foyer like a defense grid type thing.. So that it emits an anti steathing field which makes steathing impossible

Also wall mounted Guns.. And not just silly ones that people can run past easily. And a lot of them plus shitloads of Guards that shoot on site and not tell you to leave or else. So this to me would be cool and much more realistic.

Doc Holliday
09-11-03, 02:28
Originally posted by Marx
Just because Reza says the streets are safe, doesn't mean they are.

Propoganda goes a long way.

thats so true marx. nicely put mate. im all in favour of it. it would be alot of fun to do it.

Scikar
09-11-03, 02:28
There is the potential problem of enemies camping outside the HQ, and killing people as they sync out.

Wrathwind
09-11-03, 02:46
Another good idea here, the fact that most of the city is off-limits for fighting has always annoyed me a bit, there are lots of cool places there for fighting, and not just Pepper Park. Think Plaza-4 for example, would be fun for my droner. :)

Also it's kinda silly that all tradeskillers are just standing at Plaza-1 and factions really have no meaning there. There usually just isn't much cooperation between faction members, at least with the smaller city factions. Faction HQ's are also underused, with the exception of TH being a free-for-all ganking place.

All in all, this kind of change would be excellent in my opinion, and for the potential problem of camping, the HQ entrances should be very well guarded with tough NPC guards, so that it requires a considerable force (A very large clan or several smaller) to be able to camp them, and even then with the cost of heavy losses.

ezza
09-11-03, 03:41
Originally posted by Scikar
There is the potential problem of enemies camping outside the HQ, and killing people as they sync out.

stick a genrep in each faction building then perhaps, or that a bad idea?

g0rt
09-11-03, 04:02

Good idea, so people can safely come and go as they please.

And if they want to have a little FUN, they can go out the front doors...which will probably make each faction HQ kinda like the pp1/p3 line :p

Taure
09-11-03, 04:15

duder almost always comes up with top-notch ideas i think this is the best one so far

\\Fényx//
09-11-03, 04:18
top idea :)

Scikar
09-11-03, 04:25

The streets would be completely empty if you did that. Better to see people moving between apts and HQs etc. Thinking about it, if there's a bunch of tradeskillers going to be inside the HQ then there's also going to be a fair few customers who can protect them.

L0KI
12-11-03, 17:47
SEX, OMG DUDER, that rocks

5 stars and, wait.... here have a cookie for ur efforts

:D

-FN-
12-11-03, 18:02
And THEN we could play games there!!!!!eleven

5 stars :)

Judge
12-11-03, 18:06
Fucking amazing idea, I would make a few comments however:

Have Gr in each faction HQ but they are like appartment GRs, you automatically have your faction GR on your list when you start and can GR to there for 1K. When you change faction the "Faction GR" on your list then takes you to your new Faction HQ and not your old one.... so you can't go through all the factions picking up faction GRs.

Yeah guards should shoot faction enemies on sight and maybe give them better AI.

Cypher_Psy
12-11-03, 19:33
Originally posted by Judge
Fucking amazing idea, I would make a few comments however:

Have Gr in each faction HQ but they are like appartment GRs, you automatically have your faction GR on your list when you start and can GR to there for 1K. When you change faction the "Faction GR" on your list then takes you to your new Faction HQ and not your old one.... so you can't go through all the factions picking up faction GRs.

Yeah guards should shoot faction enemies on sight and maybe give them better AI.

Damn good idea, if it included this idea too *dribble* 6 Stars, oh wait, have to just do 5 :D

L0KI
16-11-03, 18:58
Ive just thought of a possible problem/annoyance this could cause.

Would faction HQ's be entirley "safe"?

If so, people moving from say -99 Crahn sympathy when TG (with the aim to join a crahn clan), would no longer be able to fix it in CA/Bio HQ.

It would involve a LOT of noob PKing, probably for months and months, until ur able to do missions.

Marx
16-11-03, 19:02
It also prevents faction (whoring) hopping without missions and lots of time.

;)

Dribble Joy
16-11-03, 19:06
Yarrr I like.

Dunno about the GR thing though..... Perhaps you could only GR form the HQ, like with a Clan apt GR, that way you would still have people on the streets.
Besides, just because the inner city areas are anarchy zones don't mean people could camp the HQs, what with all the Copbots around.

Duder
16-11-03, 19:41
The only problem i see are the copbots. They are slow to react when someone pulls up a weapon and their silly plasma from the sky is quite stupid.

Also id like to see Copbots, normal ones, have a rank of say 90, and use plasma pistols, and if one copbot starts to die, 6 120/120 storm bots with plasma rifles should appear from every zone entry/exit, and move in and attack the aggressor.

It would make a the city feel dynamic, well almost.

In my opinion copbots should shoot instantly they see someone take up a weapon, even if they stick it back in, copbots should blow them up, and they should shoot normal plasma bolts....that comes out of the barrel...i feel that plasma from the sky is not logical at all.

Scikar
16-11-03, 20:53
The plasma from the sky was intended to stop innocent runners being killed in the crossfire. However, this would not happen now that death is only serverside. If you are hit by an NPC which was aiming at someone else, the damage yo-yos up, meaning you take none, and don't die. So if CopBots shot regular plasma shots again there wouldn't be a problem.

I would very much like to see something dynamic like that. Patrols would also be quite cool, not just for CopBots, but for all mobs. What if mobs wandered around to feed and drink etc? Instead of spawning the mobs in groups and having them sit there, they should wander around and form the groups on their own. It would be so much more fun to be at CRP when a pack of fire mobs comes aorund the corner, rather than the same old visit each spawn point in turn and kill everything at each one 'hunting'.

Al3X
21-11-03, 11:10
Also id like to see Copbots, normal ones, have a rank of say 90, and use plasma pistols, and if one copbot starts to die, 6 120/120 storm bots with plasma rifles should appear from every zone entry/exit, and move in and attack the aggressor.

It would make a the city feel dynamic, well almost

i was thinking about that too.. right now its:

DROP THAT WEAPON...

PUT THAT WEAPON AWAYawayawayaway

*dies*
its not fun fighting copbots :rolleyes:
i agree copbots _should_ be fightable but once they start to die his mates (the good old swatbots) would walk in and put more plasma in your ass then you can ever shit out in your entire life...
anyone remember those copbot-dieing-sounds? "ooooh nooo this cant be happening" :D

but back on topic:
i really like this idea, especially the idea of putting ALL clanapps INSIDE their faction HQ. it would also help alot if the faction guards (and copbots) would IMMEDIATLY start shooting anything that moves. its not logical that you warn you biggest enemy first,while he is standing with a gun in front of you.
its like bin-laden walking into the whitehouse saying: "YO BUSH! M8! WANNA DRINK A BEER!!!!11111onone?" :rolleyes:
so shoot those arses :D

also 1 big area (like the stockX building) could be used for tradeskilling, and giving a small bonus of something like +5 to all tradeskills, to promote people going there. every shop you can think of should be inside there, and it should be a safe zone too (the only save zone, imo faction hq's shouldnt be safe zones either)

Original monk
21-11-03, 11:14
duder i heard someone say: A+ thinking

well i cant add anything to that LOL

Duder
21-11-03, 16:47
Does anyone think this change to Neocron and the surrounding areas is worth testing on the Test Server?

ezza
21-11-03, 16:57
Does anyone think this change to Neocron and the surrounding areas is worth testing on the Test Server? yes id say test it on the test server.

though tbh really imo it would need to be tried on the real servers because you would need to see how it would work under a normal playing enviroment with people going about there daily business.

MkVenner
21-11-03, 17:06
theres only 2 real things i can say...wicked idea

well i got a feeew more, Faction HQ shudnt all b safe just a certain part...

Duder
21-11-03, 17:09
Hmm heres another thing, If a faction has Outposts, maybe special rooms in the HQ would get bonuses, This would make Outpost taking a global faction thing.

Say a group of constructors have lost some bonuses or would like some bonuses in the workshop, they go and whine about it on Faction chat, and the clan might rally up and go get one.

evs
21-11-03, 17:19
Nah dont think so.

Nice idea on the safe zones move to HQ, but making guns being able to be drawn in Nc is bad.

All it means is that everyone will be trying to gank each other at zone lines - kinda like pepper park is now.

No1 will run through the streets and will gr around them, especially low level peeps or none combat chars.

Only way id agree with this idea is that there were copbots on every zone line and a field of fire down every street

AND they opened fire on anyone thats anti-city

Duder
21-11-03, 17:21
The only problem i see are the copbots. They are slow to react when someone pulls up a weapon and their silly plasma from the sky is quite stupid.

It would make a the city feel dynamic, well almost.

In my opinion copbots should shoot instantly they see someone take up a weapon, even if they stick it back in, copbots should blow them up, and they should shoot normal plasma bolts....that comes out of the barrel...i feel that plasma from the sky is not logical at all.

ZoneVortex
21-11-03, 17:28
woah. WOAH. I REALLY REALLY LIKE THIS IDEA!!!! AHHHH CAPS TIME CAUSE I LIKE IT SO MUCH!

Duder
21-11-03, 17:30
I secretly implant orgasms into my ideas....

Zanathos
21-11-03, 17:53
Good idea.... BUT

All of you need to remember that the Faction HQ's are a place of business.

They arent meant to sit around and buy stuff from. Its where all the business related to that faction is done.

So no snack vendors or bars. If anything they should only have people that sell things related to their faction.

City Admin - No clue what they would sell.... Nothing really.

Diamond Real Estate - Vendors for clan apartments for DIAMOND REAL ESATE ONLY! and apartments for the various areas of Neocron. I know you can get an outzone apartmnet, but where do you get them? I never found them... but thats not the issue here.

NEXT - Sells Vehicles.

Tangent Technologies - Sells Weapons and ammo..... and armor?

BioTech - Sells Implants.

See where Im going with this?

Thats ALL they should sell.

As for enemy factions camping outside the faction HQ's

They should eventually be shot by the faction guards which there are always some outside of each HQ.

That and the Copbots in the area would be telling them to DROP THAT WEAPON!

No Genereps inside the HQ's

No apartments or Clan Apartments.

The only thing a faction HQ will sell is items related to their faction.

Which brings me to a new point. Each faction should have items that only people in that faction can use. We already see an example of this with the NCPD Power Armor. But this isnt the point of this thread. Dont talk about it here.

It certainly would be nice to see faction HQ's more active.

As for the streets being unsafe zones. When its made unsafe, there should be areas where people can get killed and a copbot does not interfere, but they are very small areas. That way you will need to watch your back.

But if such a thing was to be implemented inside Neocron, the way STORMBOTS and COPBOTS work need to change. They need to OPEN FIRE if someone SHOOTS IN FRONT OF THEM, not nessesarily AT THEM

If someone pulls out a weapon in front of a Copbot then they need to give them one warning. Then 5 seconds, then they give their second warning and pull their gun out. Then another 5 seconds and then they open fire.

If such a change was made. Copbots need to be made slightly weaker. That way there can be actual raids on the city. If too many copbots die, then STORM bots come in to help. They would be less powerful then the copbots now. Copbots would be less powerful then the storm bots.

There ranks should still remain the same.

Enough damage so one person alone cant take them down, but weak enough for groups to do damage. (Problem here is PPUs and how easily they could heal their comrads)

I have litteraly hundreds of ideas that could make Neocron a better game to play while not overpowering ANY class and even adding more roleplaying to the game.

Seriously KK, this game has HUGE potential, and its only begun to scratch the surface.

5 Stars!

t0tt3
21-11-03, 18:05
Kill them all..... let the streets of neocron be unsafe :D

http://neocron.jafc.de/images/5stars.gif

evs
21-11-03, 18:24
dont understand how the quote relates to my post....

L0KI
21-11-03, 18:28
As of today ive pretty much quit NC...

However, if this was implemented, I and a LOT more would be back in an instant

Flyl
02-12-03, 17:48
what a good idea

/me hands duder a gold star