PDA

View Full Version : Monks Int XP

MisterP
08-11-03, 16:52
Is way to slow imo, I capped PSI a while ago, and the Int is miles behind..

I read here somone was on about the ratio's between PSI and Int, it just dont match up! Its way to slow imo

I think if I can remeber correctly that PSI points are something like 148mill, something like that, but INT points are way down @ 38Mill, its hopeless trying to cap it..:(

ElfinLord
08-11-03, 16:58
It's better than it used to be, IMO.;)

ElfinLord

-Demon-
08-11-03, 16:58
Think about a couple of months ago when the rate was even lower.
I think the rate is ok as it is really maybe slighty higher, but otherwise monks cap off everything pretty easy anyway, gives everyone a bit of a challedge.

In a good team you can lvl very fast, I think alot depends on this side of things.

MisterP
08-11-03, 19:08
Erm...

....its still way to slow..So they increase it? So what, they didnt increase it enough! Its like snail's pace ffs :rolleyes:

Zu (Pluto)
08-11-03, 19:18
Int gain seem OK now. The problem for us existing monks is that our PSI has a huge headstart over INT when the INT rate increased, so it seems really far behind now. If I am to start over again from scratch it will look a lot better.

But, the INT gain is pretty good now. Monk advancement now feels comparable to other classes. If levelling seems like a treadmill, it's not just monks, but everyone.

Zu

MisterP
08-11-03, 19:36
So maybe Im just getting leeched way to much?

I know I lvl better bymeself, especially when u get those pesky PE's and Spy's standing at the back of the team watching their XP tick away and spreading the points their are getting out!
You know who are : "Just afk a sec" :eek: :wtf:

Shadow Dancer
08-11-03, 20:42
No sorry Zu you're wrong. My new rerolled monk already has 30 int levels lagging behind. INT gain is NOT comparable to any class. It is STILL crap. Why can't KK just give us a good INT gain? Jeez it's our 2nd friggin main skill. Just make it equal to damn PSI already, we deserve to be able to cap our int.

ericdraven
08-11-03, 20:49
The REAL INT-XP gain for monks used to be at 11%, now it's around 16-17%. This is when you use spells, for tradeskilling it's at the real 50%.
But considering that INT is the second mainskill it's really low..

However, it's better as "before". My new APU on Saturn is at INT 77 now, can't really complain. :p

Shadow Dancer
08-11-03, 20:50
Originally posted by ericdraven

However, it's better as "before". My new APU on Saturn is at INT 77 now, can't really complain. :p

Have you leveled alone on your apu? It's hard for me to get the motivation to level when walking everywhere with my slow ass is such a chore. :p

Where did you level? :D

Peeping Tom
08-11-03, 20:56
its still to slow..
and lv int after been capped on psi for a lil while.. cant say i got the motivation for it
K4F

ericdraven
08-11-03, 20:57
Originally posted by Shadow Dancer
Have you leveled alone on your apu? It's hard for me to get the motivation to level when walking everywhere with my slow ass is such a chore. :p

Where did you level? :D
The first i did was capping STR and DEX, before i even used a spell for the first time. :p
So i can run quickly, use vehicles, recycle and carry a lot.

Then a few hours Outzone storage and then out to the wastes, kicking Grim Chasers asses. :D

MisterP
08-11-03, 21:02
No sorry Zu you're wrong. My new rerolled monk already has 30 int levels lagging behind. INT gain is NOT comparable to any class. It is STILL crap. Why can't KK just give us a good INT gain? Jeez it's our 2nd friggin main skill. Just make it equal to damn PSI already, we deserve to be able to cap our int.

Originally posted by Peeping Tom
its still to slow..
and lv int after been capped on psi for a lil while.. cant say i got the motivation for it
K4F

THANK YOU

Shadow Dancer
08-11-03, 21:11
The first i did was capping STR and DEX, before i even used a spell for the first time. :p
So i can run quickly, use vehicles, recycle and carry a lot.

Then a few hours Outzone storage and then out to the wastes, kicking Grim Chasers asses. :D

I see. How did you cap dex? I might cap it, if I can stomach doing it. :p

Lisa
08-11-03, 21:34
The int-gain seems to be ok. My new monk is two weeks old or so. PSI-100, Int 87 base. My first monk has reached that after about 3 months, because there was no team-xp some months ago. There were also no highlevel caves with heavy xp-gain and barrels didn't make area damage. Ok, it's some time ago, but it was much harder some months ago.

Kr3Yc3K
08-11-03, 22:07
Originally posted by MisterP
THANK YOU

you're welcome

aelfkins
08-11-03, 22:30
I make most of my monks dex XP from cloning psi and stamina boosters, and ammo for clan and team mates. My saturn monks got mor ded than I know what to do with.

:)

Disturbed021
08-11-03, 23:44
Its better than it used to be but still too low.
Started an APU right after the patch and with 1 more PSI level to cap I have 82 Int.
Now 17 levels may not seem huge but you're talking about a difference of 143 million PSI exp versus 30 million Int exp.
NOW THAT IS A BIG A$$ DIFFERENCE imho.
Would be nice to cap Int this year:rolleyes: but it ain't gonna happen 4 me neways.

ericdraven
09-11-03, 05:09
I see. How did you cap dex? I might cap it, if I can stomach doing it. :p

:lol:

I know a hell of alot more than you, that's for sure.

kthxbye

Do i really have to tell you how i did it? :rolleyes:

(Yes. I couldn't resist.)

FatDogg
09-11-03, 05:18
run missions until you cap str, aggies/cyclops should do this in a week. while doing this put about 81 points in imp and once str is capped start poking a moveon over and over. now you capped your dex. once you are done lom that imp and start ressing rares if you want int, but capping int is teh suxor.

Shadow Dancer
09-11-03, 11:18

Do i really have to tell you how i did it? :rolleyes:

(Yes. I couldn't resist.)

?

I know how to cap dex, I was just wondering what method you chose to cap it. Sort of like someone saying "so which mobs did you level off of?" That has zilch to do with my statement in the other thread, since I didn't say "i don't know how to cap dex". You shouldn't assume. :)

k thx

pwnd

:p

[VP]Orion
09-11-03, 22:06
Well, since he capped both str and dex, my guess would be he used constructing.

And since Eric has given the advice to use constructing several times before, thats even more of a probability.

I followed his advice and capped dex from csting drones. Easy but boring.