PDA

View Full Version : DAMN atleas 2 leaving threads a day

Dont Mess
08-11-03, 15:39
hmm i still like the game but damn have u niticed more and more everyday. just i know we all say this why not give us infor on the puplisher just some more ffs we are paying for this we should be able 2 no whats going on y the big secret

Ren
08-11-03, 15:41
There is no way 2 leaving threads a day, not at all.

and there are alot more new players than ever before, so dont panic about it, kk has never been so strong.

and dont come back at me with a "thats wrong, kk are bankrupt" speech, as they are fffffaaaarrrrr from it.

Dont Mess
08-11-03, 15:45
na all the noobs are rerolls man i remember a few months ago well about 6 there were new pple everyday it was so fun but now its the usuals and their new chars. look bak a few pages atleast 1 leaving thread on each page

Odin
08-11-03, 15:49
Turnover is always high in this business. I remember when I played AC I quit and resigned up for that on 5 seperate occassions :) Subscription numbers around here are always usually in the same area though.

Scikar
08-11-03, 15:52
Monks do seem to be a recurring feature of the leaving posts though. Also Neptune and DoY.

ElfinLord
08-11-03, 15:56
I have been playing since February and I have seen a lot of people leave Neocron. However, I have seen most of those return. I wonder why?;)

Neocron is one of the best games I have ever played and I don't plan to leave.

I have seen some new runners here and there, so I don't think that we have too much to worry about for the time being.

However, if something isn't done soon about new Advertising and such, . . . well, I just shudder to think where we'll be in a year.:(

ElfinLord

Odin
08-11-03, 15:59
Well changing publishers has slowed things down a lot. Publisher deals are incredibly brutally slow. I believe the contract with CDV took over 5 months to complete. Now I know why lawyers make so much bling :)

Once we get a new publisher in place things should pickup just from getting the game back on store shelves again.

Dont Mess
08-11-03, 15:59
yeh they return i just want some infor come on just tell us whats going on just an update with the publisher business. what talks have bn going on and so on

Dont Mess
08-11-03, 16:01
Originally posted by Odin
Well changing publishers has slowed things down a lot. Publisher deals are incredibly brutally slow. I believe the contract with CDV took over 5 months to complete. Now I know why lawyers make so much bling :)

Once we get a new publisher in place things should pickup just from getting the game back on store shelves again.

ooo ok thx

u posted just b4 me ignore what i said

Tratos
08-11-03, 16:01
well imk goin no where

i havent even been everywehere seen everything and killed everythin yet!!

i do somthin new everyday and ive bin here since April

i r teh uber n00b :D

~T

Odin
08-11-03, 16:03
J also spoke on the issue in this thread (http://neocron.jafc.de/showthread.php?s=&threadid=81320)

ElfinLord
08-11-03, 16:03
Originally posted by Odin

I had a friend who started law school a few years ago. He told me that one of the first things you are taught is how to procrastinate effectively while making your clients belive you are trying to help. All the while charging them for doing absolutely nothing.;)

Damn, I should have been a lawyer.:D

ElfinLord

Heavyporker
08-11-03, 16:47
Still, I worry that KK won't make it in time for the christmas season... thats a crucial bit right there. You gotta make Neocron fucking jump up and do tricks on the advertisting circuit...

ElfinLord
08-11-03, 17:02
Originally posted by Heavyporker
Still, I worry that KK won't make it in time for the christmas season... thats a crucial bit right there. You gotta make Neocron fucking jump up and do tricks on the advertisting circuit...
I agree that it would be a very good idea to get it out by then.

However, I would rather KK get the right publisher and advertising than another CDV fiasco.

KK,

How long have you been looking into replacing CDV anyway? How long have you been actively searching for a new publisher?

ElfinLord

JustIn_Case
08-11-03, 17:03
Maybe i should make an "im not leaving thread" every day :)

The only thing thats gonna make me quit NC is if my wife, sorry but wife first, then NC, but so far she endures it.

NC is still the best out there, and as soon the NC gets some advertising more players will come. Hopefully alot more US players since they are the ones that suffers the most.

ichinin
08-11-03, 17:15
2 a week maby.

Archeus
08-11-03, 17:23
you will probably see it drop as people are knocked off the forum for leaving.

Sanch0s
08-11-03, 23:22
Theres actually 3 today but still........

Marx
08-11-03, 23:29
Most of the leaving threads I've seen in the past 2 weeks belonged to people who have multiple accounts.

And a number of them starting posting with an alternate forum name.

Yeah - they're quitting alright.

:rolleyes:

Most of those 'quitting' are just trying to force an official response; if not a message of pity from KK.

Shockwave
08-11-03, 23:36
Make that 4 today. I cancelled my sub a few hours ago. I've got about a week before it runs out. Oh, and at least 2 other people I know have cancelled within the last month, neither really posted to the Forums.
Better call it 6 for today's count, actually.

Why am I leaving? Boredom and frustration. :(

edit @Marx: Oh, and we were all 1-account people. Neolojik, who is also leaving (for FFXI, I believe) has 3 accounts...
Face it, this game is in decline!

Promethius
08-11-03, 23:41
We've all played other games before and we've seen the numbers in the 1000's. Its some what surprising how good this game is and how very few people play. Though if the server counts ever reached in the 1000's i don't thinkt he servers could handle it. Hell when i drop into Plaza 1 my FPS drop down to 12....

Sanch0s
08-11-03, 23:59
Promethius o.0
Have you got your acc back or got urself a new one?

Promethius
09-11-03, 00:14
Originally posted by Sanch0s
Promethius o.0
Have you got your acc back or got urself a new one?

Come to teamspeak one of these times...I'll explain. Either way its good news. :lol: :lol:

Connell
09-11-03, 06:15
Im a new player, i played for a few weeks at the end of beta, but my comp wasnt good enough so i gave up. Now ive got myself a better comp and better connection, and im back. Ive played alot of other high rated mmorpgs, but im here on the forums of neocron. I have also hunted with alot of new people and weve helped each other understand the game. Also i have seen 5+ people at MC5 when i was there, granted they might not all be new players, but old players who are making new chars must surely be interested in the game.
If its on the decline, i dont care.
I enjoy it, ill play it

NeoChick
09-11-03, 10:59
I have been watching the numbers of people online and it seems to be steady, I don't believe that there are such a lot leaving. OK there may not be a lot of noobs around but that can be expected with the game not being on shelves in stores

Also I believe the drama with getting the game started, the patching and launcher etc all not really working and it taking a really long time to work things out would put people off

But in general I think attendance is kind of steady, those who have played this long are probably here to stay for a long time yet and people who know the game, even if they leave, before long they are back because this IS a great game.

So hopefully rather sooner than later promotion clicks in and the game appears in shops again and then we will see a boom

But please KK do something about launching the game, the patches etc

Peeping Tom
09-11-03, 11:06
Look below for the real truth :D
K4F

superfresh
09-11-03, 11:44
Originally posted by Dont Mess
hmm i still like the game but damn have u niticed more and more everyday. just i know we all say this why not give us infor on the puplisher just some more ffs we are paying for this we should be able 2 no whats going on y the big secret

There are lots of leaving threads. Unfortunately they often go under the assumption that they mean something other than a simple "goodbye." KK isn't Sony, it's not MS XBox, and so on. It's relatively new and young. And as with all companies, there's a thing called capital, which is needed to propel a product. Although it lacks polish, KK's product has been impressive enough to keep many of us around for a good long while. I'm not an insider but I don't imagine that leaving threads will in any way help KK to advance NC and/or future expansions. If anything those threads will do the opposite.

Marx
09-11-03, 22:40
Reakktor has been around since 1991 (Originally "Century Interactive") - making it older than a good 80% to 85% of those companies still making games today.

edit - They don't need us to tell them how to do their job, seeing as they've been doing it for over a decade.

•Super|\|ova•
10-11-03, 00:18
Dunno but Pluto has been really busy today. 251 when I logged in last time. Good good good. :)

Scikar
10-11-03, 03:40
Originally posted by Marx
Reakktor has been around since 1991 (Originally "Century Interactive") - making it older than a good 80% to 85% of those companies still making games today.

edit - They don't need us to tell them how to do their job, seeing as they've been doing it for over a decade.

However, part of their job is to produce something which we want, and will pay money for. Thus they need us to tell them what will make us part with our cash. :)

Marx
10-11-03, 06:58
Yes - but players have no right to tell ReaKKtor how to find; or not find a publisher to make a release (i.e. current DoY bitching).

They have experience, and except for a small number of players - we don't.

:)

NeoChick
10-11-03, 07:49
I agree that we cannot tell KK how to run their business, what publisher they use or to advise us on the progress they are making with their publisher etc.
That is really their business and also those negotiations are usually confidential

All we can do is give our opinion and express what we would like to see in the game/a game and they can take these suggestions on board

Ultimately, they did give us this great game so I trust that once they have sorted out whatever they are doing that there will be further evolvement in the game and promotion to bring in more new players