PDA

View Full Version : Spies And PvP

Load_HeavyLoad
08-11-03, 11:17
I Was Thinking About Spies and There Pros And Cons And Somesay Theyre Pretty Useless But Fully Buffed By A Decent PPU They Can Kill A Tank or PE And Monks But Alone They Cant do Shit But Snipe So I Thoguht To Make Em More Useful Raise Their Psi Cap So They Can use Blessed Shelter And Blessed Deflector, This would Not Only Mean Self Buffing But As An Added Bonus Their Is Psi-Armour To add To that All inportant Energy Resists
Post Thoughts.

\\Fényx//
08-11-03, 11:20
But what would you dump so that you get the extra 30/35ish psi O_o

Load_HeavyLoad
08-11-03, 11:24
Hmm Maybe Cut it Equally 15 From Con And Strength

Shadow Dancer
08-11-03, 11:25
Originally posted by \\Fényx//
But what would you dump so that you get the extra 30/35ish psi O_o

Yea, good question.

Load_HeavyLoad
08-11-03, 11:26
Or Maybe All STR and Make Up For It With Psi - Armour LvL 2?:D

Birkoff
08-11-03, 11:26
Blessed shelter is 62 psi lol

Spies ain't as bad as u say.... a good spy can take out a tank 1 on 1 easy if they are good at FPSs

Load_HeavyLoad
08-11-03, 11:27
Hmm tl 62 eh? Well Maybe LEave It So They Can Cap Shelter And Use LvL 2 Psi Armour? Around 50/55

\\Fényx//
08-11-03, 11:28
Originally posted by Load_HeavyLoad
Hmm Maybe Cut it Equally 15 From Con And Strength

lol.....

So cutting down to the base resists of a half dead rabid dog... with the strength of a... half dead rabid dog O_o basically youll dump the possibility of inq/dura 1 armour, decent force resist, transport, athletics etc so that you can use some dodgy mid level psi armour and blessed spells...

Shadow Dancer
08-11-03, 11:30
Originally posted by Birkoff

Spies ain't as bad as u say.... a good spy can take out a tank 1 on 1 easy if they are good at FPSs

:lol:

And a good tank will wipe the floor with that "good" spy.

I do think spies should have gotten blessed spells from the beginning, but I doubt KK will do anything now.

Birkoff
08-11-03, 11:34
Originally posted by Shadow Dancer
:lol:

And a good tank will wipe the floor with that "good" spy.

I do think spies should have gotten blessed spells from the beginning, but I doubt KK will do anything now.

lol, no way.

i think a spy and a tank setup to the same lvl and the same skill in pvp would be dam good duel :)

Shadow Dancer
08-11-03, 11:35
Originally posted by Birkoff
lol, no way.

i think a spy and a tank setup to the same lvl and the same skill in pvp would be dam good duel :)

Oh, you mean if the spy uses drugs. *snort*

Dueling!= all pvp

enablerbr
08-11-03, 14:55
yet again.NO. i feel naked as is with my current STR CAP. if any player in game now has a PPU straped to there arse the nearly unstopable. i saw this with my PE yesterday with just 1 team PPU monk on my tail. i was fighting 1 mob straight after another and i didn't even bother looking at my health meter.
granted that in the past i didn't give 1 thought on spells as a spy. yet after simply trying to level a PPU monk. i found quite a few spells usefull. however the only way that i'd except any more PSI skill is if all classes got added an extra set of skill points. so instead of the current 300 base skill, say maybe 330 base skill.

Mumblyfish
08-11-03, 15:32
I Was Thinking About Spies and There Pros And Cons And Somesay Theyre Pretty Useless But Fully Buffed By A Decent PPU They Can Kill A Tank or PE And Monks But Alone They Cant do Shit But Snipe So I Thoguht To Make Em More Useful Raise Their Psi Cap So They Can use Blessed Shelter And Blessed Deflector, This would Not Only Mean Self Buffing But As An Added Bonus Their Is Psi-Armour To add To that All inportant Energy Resists
Post Thoughts.

What the FUCK did you just say?

No really, I can't read it, someone summarise it for me. Please.

Keiron
08-11-03, 15:43
Heh, raising a Spies PSI cap to 55. That means they can blessed heal, rez, and lvl 2 buff themselfs. Kinda intersting but since they have steath they are going to be harder to kill then PPU's.

Breschau
08-11-03, 15:57
Originally posted by Mumblyfish

No really, I can't read it, someone summarise it for me. Please.
Spies can kill a tank or pe when buffed by a ppu.
Without a ppu, spies can only snipe.
Therefore: give spies enough psi for blessed shelter/deflector (and the corresponding psi armour)

Mumblyfish
08-11-03, 16:01
Basically, what he's suggesting is turn the Spy into the PE. Clever.

No.

kurai
08-11-03, 16:26
Originally posted by Mumblyfish

No really, I can't read it, someone summarise it for me. Please. Some Random Psychotic Raving, With Bizarre Capitalization.

It's so spectacularly wrong it's really not worth the effort of reading.

Mumblyfish
08-11-03, 16:33
Kurai You Arent Supposed To Add A Comma Because The Only Punctuation Was At The End Of A Paragraph.

Why Kurai Why?

Dostan'Ilindith
08-11-03, 18:53
it owuld be nice once if everyone stopped complaining about how green the grass is in the other fucking field. children, the lot of u

Spies are the best class for any tradeskill. Thats their trade off in combat.

now stfu the lot of u

BlackPrince
08-11-03, 19:41
Excuse me Dostan?

Who the fuck died and made YOU a developer? RTFM noob, Spies are supposed to be the 2nd best users of Psi, 2nd only to monks in fact. We would like to be able to wear decent armor WITHOUT having to drug up. Hell, we're the only class that has to.

Tradeskills != the sum of all a Spy is. I'm a pure COMBAT spy. No imp, res, or const. I kill shit. I am certainly not any PE, Monk, or Tanks personal construction bitch, and never will be. Capiche?

Obviously they added in High end rifles and pistols for PEs to use. Oh wait, THEY CANT. DO YOU KNOW WHY? Because they are there for COMBAT SPIES.

Ryleck
08-11-03, 19:55
hmmm good idea but i no think kk would like it

Oath
08-11-03, 19:56
erm, where the fuck did this come from?\

Spys are fine, the ones that fall over easy are noobs, my spys never died in a pvp yet *3 and counting 2 against a noob :p* i dare say i could easily kill my PE with him, *i REALLY suck as a pe *lol*

Spys dont need extra psi, they certainly dont need less str or con.

Just an Fyi, my spy is pistol.

Dem is fine, in fact theyre the only balanced class in neocron.

Seezur001
08-11-03, 19:57
Originally posted by BlackPrince
Who the fuck died and made YOU a developer? RTFM noob, Spies are supposed to be the 2nd best users of Psi, 2nd only to monks in fact. We would like to be able to wear decent armor WITHOUT having to drug up. Hell, we're the only class that has to.

ummmm...... i though the PEs were the 2nd best psi users????? Thas why they were given a higher cap. Did i miss something??

[EDIT] btw. spies are probably the only class that DOSENT need to be tweaked.

Breschau
08-11-03, 20:08
Originally posted by Seezur001
ummmm...... i though the PEs were the 2nd best psi users????? Thas why they were given a higher cap. Did i miss something??

I think he's referring to the spy and PE descriptions in the manual.

Which is a poor idea if you're trying to make comment on what classes are currently meant to do/be (and only so-so if you're trying to comment on what they were originally meant to do/be).

SorkZmok
08-11-03, 20:26
Post Thoughts.
Spies in close combat shouldnt be abled to take a lot of dmg. You can setup a spy for that but either you have to gimp your r-c / pc or you have to use drugs. And still every PE and Tank can take more hits than you.
The only change is to kill em before they can hit you. With drugs and shelter i can win 1on1 vs tanks and PEs but if they are good, no chance for me. o_O
If you encounter an enemy in the open field, you still got good chances, just stealth into their back, empty a clip and stealth again. If you use stealth right, you won't rarely ever die. ;) I can get away alive from most of my fights if theres no chance for me to win...

That actually is pretty fine. I don`t think there needs to be such a big changes, just some small things could be done. For example it would be nice to access tl 25 shelter without having only 4 points left for ppw...Also heavy belts only simply arent enough for spies. Either you are weak to 2 common dmg types or you use str imps (what gimps your p-c/r-c) or drugs (what sucks ass in big fights) to access inqui 1 armor and still are totally weak to either enr or poison...there needs to be a better way for that i think.

Opfights
Opfight, well thats a different situation. Monks totally rape spies, no matter how your spy is set up. And we all know how many Apus you can see at every fight.
If you're attacking, sniping is great. SH or a scoped PE can take out ppl quite fast. Bad about it is, the time it takes to reload is enough for the enemy to holy heal back to full health and if you kill someone inside the op, it takes 2 seconds till hes back on his feet again....
Youre also really usefull to stealth in to check the situation or kill the hackers but when you're defending, you`re useless.
You cant even snipe anymore cause the enemy monks are just so close to the op, by the time you fired 1 shot you already got 5 stacks of poison or HL or FA or all of em. And thats the only thing a spy is good for in this situation. But hey, avoid the monks and even if your whole team gets killed you still can get away alive thanks to stealth.
My SA still is at 120/120 and i'm using it for over a month now. :)

Conclusion: Spies are nearly perfect the way they are now and they are FUN!! Some more armor would be nice, thats actually it. Oh and not to forget:
NERF MONKS, THEY DESTROY OUR EVIL SPY POWAH :D

Kid Brainiac
I'll be back on monday, i'll talk to you about spies ingame then :)

Liquid_Ice
09-11-03, 00:05
My spy has no problem with PEs.. Depending on the situation it is an equal battle as long as the PE is setup good.. If not I will beat them more times than not... Also I can beat tanks , yes tanks.. Thou I take some minor drugs to do so( only 1) it does work.. Dont get me wrong , I am not a super spy that kills all but I hold out good in PvP so don't give the spies anymore PSI cause the lose in str and or con would make them worse..

If I were to make one suggestion it would be to lower the req on shelter 5 psi.. This would help spies and PE's ..

Mirco
09-11-03, 02:26
I posted this idea earlier, but it didnt get much attention. Ill put it up regardless.

How about giving spies a new imp. The filther kidney or something like that. What it does is remove or reduce the hangover effect, meaning that spies can peak their performance for shorter periods without to much hassle. Also I would like the way drugs are used to be a little more high tech. Lets say you can combine different drugs into a device that lets you set them off at once. Taking a bit to get into the bloodstream and building up kind of like SI. Also it would be cool if there was some timing involved with setting of another dose so that if got it wrong you would get a real bad hangover. Kind of making it dynamic and require some timing and skill.

FatDogg
09-11-03, 05:53
I just wanna see a spy able to cast shelter on himself, I think that is only 5 more psi... A sheltered spy is fun and these drugs are making me sick...