PDA

View Full Version : A little something on barter....

Mirco
08-11-03, 02:55
Hey.

I`ve invested about 130 or so points in barter. I find the skill very usefull except for gaining int. The exp gain from barter is hardly noticable. I bought around 1500 pieces of chems and stuff and my exp gain was very poor.

Now I also thought about getting some barter boosting imps or equipment, but I cant find anything except the psi spell. I looked through neocron.ems.ru and the only thing containing barter was the negative effect a berzerk chip has on this skill.

Is there somekind of exp.bonus when you get barter above a certain lvl and does anyone else feel the exp they get is to small?

Gotterdammerung
08-11-03, 06:19
There is nothing but that psi booster spell to up your barter and from past experience (I used to have a barter a long time ago) my intel gains when buying stuff was nil. Barter is pretty much just a service that you use to make a little bit of money for yourself when purchasing apt/clan keys, vehicles & tools for other players.

ericdraven
08-11-03, 06:24
Barter XP is almost non-existent, it's capped at 2500 XP/trade, which you get when you buy stuff for 125.000 NC (or more).
So you can't really "level" with bartering..

Mirco
08-11-03, 08:42
Hmm thats a bit sad. I really would like to get atleast a little more exp, its not like I do huge batch jobs every day. Guess you cant have it both ways.

Freaky Fryd
08-11-03, 08:56
You could always make sure you buy/sell large batches in as close to 125k as possible (but still over that)

If you're selling a batch of stuff work 750k, you can triple your experience by selling it in 3 clicks instead of one. Now, I do know that the experience is very small...but 3 times the experience is still better than only getting the normal amount...
:(

Jaggeh
09-11-03, 13:22
the problem with that is there is a fractional difference in cost that mounts when you buy in smaller loads

ie something may cost 65 credits each, but when you buy 10 you may get it for 640 credits, and on a large scale it can turn out to be 6400 or 64000 etc etc.