PDA

View Full Version : DOY fact or fiction

thadeus
08-11-03, 01:40
umm yeah hi... where is doy headin? we were promised doy like months ago and its still not here. There is all these attacks form doy and what not. whens this going to start? set a date, im sure the dev's can put somthing out . Im to the point now where i dont care if it messes the up the game or causes even more crashes i want it. But as is, i feel like neocron is farming me for my cash when they dont entend to release doy.. am i the only one that feels this ?:angel:

{MD}GeistDamnit
08-11-03, 01:42
when it's done :rolleyes:

KK ripped off epic's slogan :D

BlackDove
08-11-03, 01:43
Didn't you hear? They already released it like a month ago.

Download here

http://www.OMFGRELEASEDATEPOSTPONEDLOLZHAXKOS.com

iainy13
08-11-03, 01:43
Well... I dont think DoY will ever come out.. And if it does it wont add that much more 2 the game. I kinda lost all hope in the kk team a while back.

Artie
08-11-03, 01:45
Originally posted by BlackDove
Didn't you hear? They already released it like a month ago.

Download here

http://www.OMFGRELEASEDATEPOSTPONEDLOLZHAXKOS.com

omg thanks for the link...it's 23 percent done....w00t! =D

Dribble Joy
08-11-03, 01:45
MJS and the rest of reakktor, cannot comment on the progress of DoY and/or the deal with a new publisher untill the new publishing deal has been made.
Once it has been made, DoY will come out within about a month(tm).
DoY is 'almost finished' in terms of maps/majority of coding.

g0rt
08-11-03, 01:47
I think DoY is coming.

I think Neocron will survive, its one of a kind game...so it will always have players even though its unbalanced and buggy.

What I don't understand is the fact that if DoY is COMING, we should be seeing some fucking Hype. The odd advertisement in PC Gamer. A few banners around on www.stratics.com and www.mmorpg.com. Things of this sort. Get people to notice that Neocron is getting a big change, and its gonna be a hell of alot better.

But I see none of that, so I understand why people are wondering if its a hoax or not. I don't htink it is, so I urge KK to do some advertising and get the WORD OUT that doy is coming.

BlackDove
08-11-03, 01:48
Originally posted by Artie
omg thanks for the link...it's 23 percent done....w00t! =D

Mine always comes to 99% and then it hangs =/

Marx
08-11-03, 01:49
Hype comes from a publisher.

A good publisher is what KK currently lacks.

DoY will be released after a new publisher is secured.

So hype will be unleashed.

g0rt
08-11-03, 01:51
Originally posted by Marx
Hype comes from a publisher.

A good publisher is what KK currently lacks.

DoY will be released after a new publisher is secured.

So hype will be unleashed.

Well it should be now.

If I wanted to I could phone up the local newspaper, and tell them to print my name in bold letters on a full page of the paper, pay them 500$ and that would be that. Advertisement.

If I can do it, KK can do it.

thadeus
08-11-03, 01:51
umm yeah hi .. but i dont know what area of business you were in but .. i could sell a cat trud with a string around it, and get backing for it . it should not take this long ... money = product and vise vera .. now with that said. it leads u to belive that we are being farmed for cash.. example .. no money = no start up ..no start up = need more money .. game players = money

Vampire222
08-11-03, 01:52
i think publishers re damn stupid for not taking this oppertunity,

Marx
08-11-03, 01:55
thadeus, a good publisher takes time to find.

MJS and reakktor folk don't want to get stuck with another CDV...

To refrain from turning this into another CDV flame thread, I heartily suggest you do your homework and look into how a bad publisher screwed over Neocron.

If I wanted to I could phone up the local newspaper, and tell them to print my name in bold letters on a full page of the paper, pay them 500$ and that would be that. Advertisement.

Can you do it in all of Asia? How about all of the Continental United States?

Can you do it in more obscure parts of the world?

No.

I rest my case.

If you have problems with the game and are pissed at KK, tough. They're being cautious because they want whats best for them and us; and that takes time to secure.

thadeus
08-11-03, 02:20
comon , its not like a unknown publisher is going to start up shop. there either out there or they arnt . in my mind its a matter of a few phone calls to get started then maybe a month to set up a deal. and if its that major of a problem go with a well known name. if they have been looking for 6 months and havnt found one then they need to comprimise and go with the next best thing
and if area is the problem then use 2 publishers or 3 or 4 what ever it takes to get the job done

Marx
08-11-03, 02:26
They haven't been looking for 6 months.

AFAIK they started talking with potential publishers a little before, if not directly at the last game conference. link (http://neocron.jafc.de/showthread.php?s=&threadid=73237)

Just remember, there's alot of legal bullshit that also needs to get negotiated on both sides - from their new publisher and from their old.

Contracts have to be renegged, new ones made, legal releases endorsed.

Its alot of work, not this "Hey I like the game, lets advertise it alot!" bull that it seems most see it as.

El Barto
08-11-03, 03:14
DoY is not coming out, and I actully do mean this.

Zanathos
08-11-03, 05:24
Its comming, patience my children, patience.

KK isnt exactly in the best of positions right now.

Martin J. Schwiezer
08-11-03, 06:44
Once and for all: DoY will come! A lot of the DoY-content was presented at this year's GC. If we would never release DoY, then why don't we patch the stuff that we've already done into Neocron as it is now? It doesn't make sense to say that we're not going to release DoY. So that leaves the question of "when" it will be released... and as it has been said in this thread before, that is a point I cannot talk about due to ongoing discussions with several publishers.

The negotiations have gone very far at this point and I am confident that in Q1/04 we will be able to announce not only the publisher and the release date, but also what exactly will be in the package...

I am sorry.. but that's pretty much all I can say publicly at this point.

REMUS
08-11-03, 07:07
Originally posted by Dribble Joy
MJS and the rest of reakktor, cannot comment on the progress of DoY and/or the deal with a new publisher untill the new publishing deal has been made.
Once it has been made, DoY will come out within about a month(tm).
DoY is 'almost finished' in terms of maps/majority of coding.

KK should of known that 3 months ago, if KK hadnt finalised anything they shouldnt of releasted a date, and if the deal fell through/delayed they should of told us and released second expected date but that hasnt done that untill now either, KK might not like what i am saying but its true we are your customers and you are neglecting us.

I dont care if you think we should keep a positive attitude, I dont care that you think that im whineing, patience? this is a vitue of mine that has worn very thing indeed.

After this amount of upsets delays and basically lies, anyone thats been playing the game for more than 5 months has a reason to belive and perfectly within their rights that DOY wont come out becuase KK have not done very much to retain alot of faith from these people.

I still believe DOY wont come out, just becuase KK released it at GC doesnt mean you will release it to us, stranger things have happend, daknanda for instance took so long to produce it was out of date by the time it was released, and that is what has happend/ing to NC.

FF XI
WoW
SWG

all coming to UK before (or in the case of FF in the Q1) they will take the majourite of players that may have sampled nc but can't afford to play two mmorpgs at the same time.

Your statement treats in a patroniseing fashion we are not children loosing our temper over a trivial thing, we have constantly been let down by KK.

+ please roll on with *go play some other fucking game* posts, i love this game thats why im so stressed with the miss-management of it.

Shadow Dancer
08-11-03, 07:11
Originally posted by Martin J. Schwiezer

The negotiations have gone very far at this point and I am confident that in Q1/04 we will be able to announce not only the publisher and the release date, but also what exactly will be in the package...

So doy definitely isn't coming before christmas then?

eeep. :(

KimmyG
08-11-03, 07:35
The negotiations have gone very far at this point and I am confident that in Q1/04 we will be able to announce not only the publisher and the release date, but also what exactly will be in the package.

I have heard this before then I heard it again a little after that I heard it again.

Sorry but this info http://www.neocron.com/modules.php?name=NeoContent&op=modload&file=index&pageID=35 just isn't much to have faith in.

Lot of good looking games coming out around that time and as time roles on neocron players are started to distaste and even hate the game.

Once some of the new shit hits it may be to good to allow old neo players stop and return for a taste of DoY.

Zanathos
08-11-03, 09:39
So I will assume the new release date will be March or April of 2004........

Maybe Feburary if were lucky...

Man... Thats still another 3 to 5 months.....

At the rate Neocron has been disinigrating so far, I dont know whats going to be left of it once DoY is released.

DoY will have to be an amazing expansion.

If not, the final months of Neocron's life are close at hand I fear.

I just have to know though, is there ANYTHING you can tell us about DoY? At least things that will not give alot away.

Like how many new zones will there be to explore?
How many new mobs?
Weapons?
Armor?

You dont need to give names or stats, just numbers are nice.

Martin J. Schwiezer
08-11-03, 10:45
I can understand that this info might be somewhat disappointing. But it's a sad fact that I cannot tell anything else at this point, than what I've said in my previous post above.

Once contracts have been signed, we will announce what you can expect from the package... Rest assured that Neocron will remain a competitive MMORPG even with the other projects you mentioned above hitting the market. Plus, with all scheduled MMORPGs scheduled for 2004, I cannot see a single one being a direct competitor to NC.

Many players on this board have been with Neocron for over a year and they deserve, without any doubt, a more "in-depth" statement about what's going on behind the scenes... But for various (mainly business related) reasons, I cannot reveal anything more at this point. You can kick me, insult me, call me names or torture me otherwise... ;) Unfortunately that wouldn't change anything. Sorry.

Birkoff
08-11-03, 11:24
That very disapointing yes, but at least we got we wanted i guess, a responce.

I'm sure me and a lo of the community now(how ever much they say they won't) will still be here.

I hope its worth the wait :)

Thanks

Pith
08-11-03, 14:54
I dunno if this has been said before but..

http://www.domeofyork.com

didnt that site used to take you to some weird website that said "IT IS COMING" in bold and like font size 80 then redirect you to the neocron homepage but now look at it.

the translation for the page is

"After Reakktor refuses to answer will show me I simply once a first Screenshot. It shows the "Official"-Version, therefore the version, that "stunningly similarly" sees the official Neocron-pages, and that I only Online place can if Reakktor that approves copyrighting it)."

Odin
08-11-03, 15:10
Originally posted by Pith
I dunno if this has been said before but..

http://www.domeofyork.com

didnt that site used to take you to some weird website that said "IT IS COMING" in bold and like font size 80 then redirect you to the neocron homepage but now look at it.

the translation for the page is

"After Reakktor refuses to answer will show me I simply once a first Screenshot. It shows the "Official"-Version, therefore the version, that "stunningly similarly" sees the official Neocron-pages, and that I only Online place can if Reakktor that approves copyrighting it)."

I believe you meant www.dome-of-york.com

That other one I haven't a clue about what's going on there.

X452
08-11-03, 15:10
Originally posted by {MD}GeistDamnit
when it's done :rolleyes:

KK ripped off epic's slogan :D

i thaught mightygames came up with that first??

but hey, atleast they got eppisode 2 :) so there may still be hope

confident that in Q1/04 we will be able to announce not only the publisher and the release date,

lol Q1/Q4....

doesnt that mean all next year?

Breschau
08-11-03, 15:18
Originally posted by X452

lol Q1/Q4....

doesnt that mean all next year?
Er, read it again. There's only the one Q, the other is a zero.

Marx
08-11-03, 16:42
2004's like a little over a month away guys...

O_o

Spoon
08-11-03, 17:01

I can live with that.......

It wouldn't bother me if you put all new content on hold, to fix some of the lingering bugs that have been around since beta.

It's seems like that is what's going on now, Patch 188 fixed alot of the bugged World objects, and the ATI GFX bug is fixed on the Test Server.
If you could get alot of those little things fixed before DoY came out, that would be great..

Any chance that the "Delete patch 159/185 while patching" bug can be fixed, before DoY?
I've lost count of all the times I've walked new people through the patching process on the Newbie Forum.

evs
08-11-03, 17:18
If face of mankind's anything up to scratch, you are going to lose a lot of player martin.

i hope you are prepared for that

Marx
08-11-03, 21:03
Originally posted by evs
If face of mankind's anything up to scratch, you are going to lose a lot of player martin.

i hope you are prepared for that

I don't think retail copies of FoMK will grace the shelves anytime soon.

;)

Zanathos
08-11-03, 21:06
Between Febuary and April they say.

Around the same time as the release of DoY.

Marx
08-11-03, 21:11
Originally posted by Zanathos

I'm putting money on later > april.

:D

Scikar
08-11-03, 23:37
What about Neptune? If Neptune was launched now you'd see several players return and also keep current players happy.

//Ring\\
09-11-03, 00:03
What about Neptune? If Neptune was launched now you'd see several players return and also keep current players happy.

true that

u know joerg i really think that while u work ur stuff out (and yea i can understand ur a busy guy and all that blah blah) and get DoY ready, find the publisher and stuff u COULD release neptune finally

dont u think that would keep things interesting till 2004? i sure would! :D
good ole style n00bie farming like back in the old days..

BRING BACK TEH NEPTUNE!!!

Divide
09-11-03, 00:27
Why not change Pluto's rules to Neptune's? That server is just screaming for something re-invigorate it, and this would do it. I dont think many people on Pluto would object to this idea either, but who knows-- maybe Im wrong

Whiety Bulger
09-11-03, 00:34
Becuase pluto chars have carrbearish tendencies. Make saturn neptune.

//Ring\\
09-11-03, 13:12
[ edited for violation of the forum rules - nationalistic flaming ]

Radamez
10-11-03, 01:44
Originally posted by Zanathos

I wouldn't go getting your hopes up again..

If you read what he said :

"I am confident that in Q1/04 we will be able to announce not only the publisher and the release date, but also what exactly will be in the package"

he never said anything about it being actually released in the first quarter.. just them being able to give us a realistic release date - which of course, could be later in the year.

on a side note, when DoY was due for release in April this year and didn't show up.. people joked "maybe they meant April 04 h0h0"

.. ironic that it's now going to be even later than that :lol:

Style
10-11-03, 01:47
yes. release neptune before christmas thank you please :)

Oath
10-11-03, 01:47
Doy ............... Fact

sometimes feels like fiction, but im sure it is coming.

LVirus
10-11-03, 08:03
I am confident that in Q1/04 we will be able to announce not only the publisher and the release date, but also what exactly will be in the package...

Thats kinda late man. Remember back in beta2 when you said that we could have even mars base? Well, now soon 1 year of retail and I'm still here to see where game is going. Perhaps you are forcing me to get another 3 month in december 23 when my last account runs out just to make sure that DoY does not slip up from me.

Damn you MJS o_O :lol:

Oath
10-11-03, 11:25
*Kicks martin*

Fair enough, buisiness sucks :lol: are you able to discuss some of the new features with doy then?

Or is that under wraps too?

Throw us a bone, make us beg for more :D

:lol:

Divide
10-11-03, 12:13
if you fix no other bugs, fix the right click bug, and the trade window bug

//Ring\\
10-11-03, 16:29
or the synch bug, or the animation bug, or the zoning bug, or the ammo bug, or the shoot trough wall bug or the..

dam that list really lowers my morale for some reason.. :rolleyes:

CerealKiller
10-11-03, 16:38
I can understand that this info might be somewhat disappointing. But it's a sad fact that I cannot tell anything else at this point, than what I've said in my previous post above.

Once contracts have been signed, we will announce what you can expect from the package... Rest assured that Neocron will remain a competitive MMORPG even with the other projects you mentioned above hitting the market. Plus, with all scheduled MMORPGs scheduled for 2004, I cannot see a single one being a direct competitor to NC.

Many players on this board have been with Neocron for over a year and they deserve, without any doubt, a more "in-depth" statement about what's going on behind the scenes... But for various (mainly business related) reasons, I cannot reveal anything more at this point. You can kick me, insult me, call me names or torture me otherwise... ;) Unfortunately that wouldn't change anything. Sorry.

I appreciate your input MJS, and that last statement you made is very close to what I have to say everyday at work.

Elric
10-11-03, 16:49
Plus, with all scheduled MMORPGs scheduled for 2004, I cannot see a single one being a direct competitor to NC.

Now now Mr Schwiezer. FoM is scheduled for a Q1 '04 release. You have to admit, thats a direct NC competitor right there. Although they are different it has things NC doesnt that will appeal to some and NC has some things that FoM doesnt that will appeal to others... Its going to be an interesting new year.

If you really do stick to a Q1 '04 for DOY expansion, then you'll be getting a renewed subscription come January after all.

PS. It is nice to see you posting here again ;) Keep up the good communications

//Ring\\
10-11-03, 17:14
whats FoM? 0.o

btw.. planetside will kill NC when it comes out :p

Marx
10-11-03, 17:50
Originally posted by Elric
Now now Mr Schwiezer. FoM is scheduled for a Q1 '04 release. You have to admit, thats a direct NC competitor right there. Although they are different it has things NC doesnt that will appeal to some and NC has some things that FoM doesnt that will appeal to others... Its going to be an interesting new year.

If you really do stick to a Q1 '04 for DOY expansion, then you'll be getting a renewed subscription come January after all.

PS. It is nice to see you posting here again ;) Keep up the good communications

Um - Neocron goes after those interested in dynamic PvP...

FoM doesn't (Permadeath anyone?).

They have two completely different rulesets which lead to completely different modes of play - and two completely different consumer bases.

So you might as well stop trying to compare the two.

:rolleyes:

Zanathos
10-11-03, 17:54
You have to admit, Face of Mankind is the closest MMOG to Neocron than any other MMOG out there.

SWG just sucks aparently, they have their fan base, but its probably mostly Star Wars fans.

Although I dont know what most MMOG's of 2004 are going to be.

Maybe I should go look into that when I get home.

tomparadox
10-11-03, 17:57
I think DoY is coming.

I think Neocron will survive, its one of a kind game...so it will always have players even though its unbalanced and buggy.

What I don't understand is the fact that if DoY is COMING, we should be seeing some fucking Hype. The odd advertisement in PC Gamer. A few banners around on www.stratics.com and www.mmorpg.com. Things of this sort. Get people to notice that Neocron is getting a big change, and its gonna be a hell of alot better.

But I see none of that, so I understand why people are wondering if its a hoax or not. I don't htink it is, so I urge KK to do some advertising and get the WORD OUT that doy is coming.

i agree but i dun know how long i can keep up 20$ a month waiting on it... it better come out soon.

Richard Adregen
10-11-03, 18:05
Originally posted by tomparadox
i agree but i dun know how long i can keep up 20$ a month waiting on it... it better come out soon.

It is kinda... $10 a month... though... :p

Less if you take more months, like I do :)

RA.

Elric
10-11-03, 18:07
Originally posted by Marx
Um - Neocron goes after those interested in dynamic PvP...

FoM doesn't (Permadeath anyone?).

They have two completely different rulesets which lead to completely different modes of play - and two completely different consumer bases.

So you might as well stop trying to compare the two.

:rolleyes:

thats pretty much what i said tho O_o
FoM has a set of rules or version of play that will appeal to some, while NC has it a different way that will appeal to others. I wasnt comparing them at all, just pointing out that the differences are there without being specific. (anyway, perma-death is still only a possibility in FoM [or at least nothing confirmed that i can think of off-hand] and only for extreme circumstances, other than that its incarceration, not execution and even thats only IF you get caught by the Law. But this isnt the place to discuss, so I'll shut it now before Nid slaps me one ;) )

10-11-03, 18:59
I'm willing to bet that one of the 'snags' with sorting a new publishing deal out is the fact that the NC is available as a free download (and that KK have promised DoY as a free download too)

That doesnt leave an awful lot for a publisher to publish

A classic example if this problem is AO - many retail outfits wouldnt touch the game because it could be downloaded for free on release (and they had good reason to fear this as I can go into about 3 shops where I live and buy the original AO for a stupidly cheap price now).

When they released the booster pack it was retail only for the first 3 months as a condition set by the retail outfits or they wouldnt touch it (and I can go and buy this for bugger all as well).

I have been totally unable to find the new expansion pack in _any_ retail outfit I live near (and game.uk.com dont even list it on their web site)

Free downloads unfortunately kill sales and kill publishing deals, and it wouldnt suprise me to see DoY as a retail only product for 'x' months after release (bundled with NC of course and probably a free month for new accounts) before any free download is offered.

FirestarXL
10-11-03, 19:07
Originally posted by 5150
I'm willing to bet that one of the 'snags' with sorting a new publishing deal out is the fact that the NC is available as a free download (and that KK have promised DoY as a free download too)

That's not entirely correct. It may not actually cost anything to download the software, but when the trial period is over (ten days I think) and the account is converted to a full account, the user is charged the equivalent of a full retail copy. This is blatently more expensive that just rooting out a retail copy yourself or ordering online, but gives maximum profit to the publisher (all the money, without the material/logistical expense) and I'm sure it was a requirement before the download version solution was approved by CDV.

.Cyl0n
10-11-03, 23:03

dude are you jokin ?

you mean that in q1/04 we get a new info .. maybe that it comes in 6 months then ?

great..

.cy

Marx
11-11-03, 01:44
Anyone remember the "... initial release will be sometime around a month after getting a new publisher, ideally..." post?

o_O

Parker
11-11-03, 12:31
DOY will come - it's just that the original fanbase of NC will be gone. I'm sure people will replace us - but the old regs are leaving (and that makes me sad - I go on now and i don't see
the people i levelled up with or share that sense of wonder with. )

I don't know why everybody is getting *that* excited though - it's just another city and will be closed off to most factions.

Meanwhile Deus Ex 2 will be out - never mind competition from Faces of Mankind (anybody been accepted on the test server yet?)

John

\\Fényx//
11-11-03, 12:38
You can kick me, insult me, call me names or torture me otherwise... ;) Unfortunately that wouldn't change anything. Sorry.

It would change something for me :p I'd most likely get my final ban 8| :(

//Ring\\
11-11-03, 13:04
yay at last, make a kid happy for xmass

BAN TEH FENH0E!!!

element[]
11-11-03, 13:48
Once and for all: DoY will come! A lot of the DoY-content was presented at this year's GC. If we would never release DoY, then why don't we patch the stuff that we've already done into Neocron as it is now? It doesn't make sense to say that we're not going to release DoY. So that leaves the question of "when" it will be released... and as it has been said in this thread before, that is a point I cannot talk about due to ongoing discussions with several publishers.

dont worry we believe you:rolleyes:

thewarrior008
20-11-03, 07:24
Originally posted by .Cyl0n
dude are you jokin ?

you mean that in q1/04 we get a new info .. maybe that it comes in 6 months then ?

great..

.cy

i stoped postind here but i couldnot resist to respond hahahah :p

HAHAHAAHHAH

doy will come in anotha year :p hahahahaahaahhaha *evil*

NeoChick
20-11-03, 07:37
As for getting DOY for free download, I would not mind at all paying for it if it came out like an expansion or someting like that, and I am sure a lot of us here would agree