PDA

View Full Version : Importmadness.com!!

Tickles
07-11-03, 19:45
Has anyone else used this company in for the UK. I ordered SWG from import just over 3 weeks ago. They said it have been dispached just under 3 weeks ago by air mail and it hasn't come and i'm getting a little worried as it cost £40.
Can anyone tell me that they actually got their game from these people. I know i'm not the only one in this posistion cause a friend ordered it too at the same time
:(

Barak
07-11-03, 19:55
HA! what you get for ordering that "evil-in-a-box" product :P

I found play.com very good for games dvds etc :) give that a go

redjacket
07-11-03, 20:02
Originally posted by Tickles
Has anyone else used this company in for the UK. I ordered SWG from import just over 3 weeks ago. They said it have been dispached just under 3 weeks ago by air mail and it hasn't come and i'm getting a little worried as it cost £40.
Can anyone tell me that they actually got their game from these people. I know i'm not the only one in this posistion cause a friend ordered it too at the same time
:(

*was told to remove this on pain of death*

/me laughs at your misfortunes... then puts a burlap sac over your head and beats you...

now for my pity...

"sorry dude... you can probably complain and get your money back..."

Peeping Tom
07-11-03, 20:02
wut company ? and did you pay up front ?
if i order stuff from like play.com or amazon.com.. i get it inn a week or so hm and they got my visa nr those bastid
3 weeks.. are a loong while to wait for a game that has come out
hm actualy play.com did loose one of my dvd's once.. i just emailed em and said WTF WUT ARE MY PRECIUS and they was like oh where sry...and sent me a new one fast
K4F

Saza
07-11-03, 20:11
It took my bro over a month to get SWG, its well popular tickles, so dont worry about it. Itll arrive when it arrives, and until that happens play NC :D

Nexxy
07-11-03, 20:29
importmadness is like the worst place to import from ever. Theres this site where they listed the worst places to buy stuff from the internet and was one of the first on the list...Dont expect any any reply in you email them either.

Lexxuk
07-11-03, 21:00
quick search on google for ya tickles, seems they tend to be lax, sometimes gettin shippin errors (2nd class not first) but you will get it in the end. in the mean time, come tickle me :D

Peeping Tom
07-11-03, 21:48
Originally posted by Lexxuk
come tickle me :D
DUDE im not into men any more, sry lexx
K4F

redjacket
07-11-03, 21:49
Originally posted by Peeping Tom
DUDE im not into men any more, sry lexx
K4F your not? But... but... you said you wanted the Real Doll male... LIAR!

Peeping Tom
07-11-03, 21:50
Originally posted by redjacket
your not? But... but... you said you wanted the Real Doll male... LIAR!
dats... liek... 1-2 months ...ago...
K4F

redjacket
07-11-03, 21:51
Originally posted by Peeping Tom
dats... liek... 1-2 months ...ago...
K4F no... that was like... a week ago... nancy...

Gungnir
08-11-03, 01:24
--

Redjacket - continue your conversation here (http://neocron.jafc.de/private.php?s=&action=newmessage&userid=9516)
Peeping Tom a.k.a Nancy Boy - you - here (http://neocron.jafc.de/private.php?s=&action=newmessage&userid=4278[/url)

Don't hi-jack threads please.
--
Gungnir

g0rt
08-11-03, 01:25
Originally posted by Gungnir
--

Redjacket - continue your conversation here (http://neocron.jafc.de/private.php?s=&action=newmessage&userid=9516)
Peeping Tom a.k.a Nancy Boy - you - here (http://neocron.jafc.de/private.php?s=&action=newmessage&userid=4278[/url)

Don't hi-jack threads please.
--
Gungnir

[Removed for being off-topic of initial thread theme - Gungnir]

NeoLojik
08-11-03, 03:24
Ordered FFXI from them on Wednesday, was shipped Thursday.

Will keep you informed.

nonamebrandeggs
08-11-03, 03:34
Originally posted by NeoLojik
Ordered FFXI from them on Wednesday, was shipped Thursday.

Will keep you informed.

Ha-ha

You'll never get it now ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^666666666666666666666666666666666666666666666666666666666666666666

Cyphor
08-11-03, 05:02
Fingers crossed ffxi will arrive tomo from them (not that its likely from what i've heard about them since i ordered) was shipped last sat apparently. I read it can be hit or miss if you get it fast some orders unfortunalty take ages, where as some arrive in 3 days, pot luck :(

Birkoff
08-11-03, 05:06
What kinda free trial do u get on FFFXI?

Tickles
08-11-03, 17:05
Grr they were the only site not to say None in Stock like play.com
Also apparently it suggest Importmadness.com in a PC Gamer a few months ago. Stupid, annoying, pathetic, lazy, ignorant ...............

Lexxuk
08-11-03, 18:11
try www.gameplay.com instead, you can get SWG and FFXI etc. and they also do imports, AND you can pay at the post office :lol: :lol:

http://shop.gameplay.co.uk/webstore/productpage.asp?productcode=RM00814 for FFXI (45 quid import)

http://shop.gameplay.co.uk/webstore/productpage.asp?ProductCode=RM0020 SWG (PC) in stock - its on PS2 and XBox? O_o (30 quid)

Radamez
08-11-03, 18:32
Originally posted by Cyphor
Fingers crossed ffxi will arrive tomo from them (not that its likely from what i've heard about them since i ordered) was shipped last sat apparently. I read it can be hit or miss if you get it fast some orders unfortunalty take ages, where as some arrive in 3 days, pot luck :(

i take it you didn't get yours either then :(

bastards - i've had a bad feeling about them since i ordered..

never got an e-mail saying it'd been dispatched, although my order info on the site suggests it has :confused:

sucks getting your hopes up about something, only to get kicked in the balls by a lazy company :mad:

oh well.. prove me wrong and have it delivered first thing in monday!! :p

LTA
08-11-03, 18:40
Originally posted by Lexxuk
try www.gameplay.com instead, you can get SWG and FFXI etc. and they also do imports, AND you can pay at the post office :lol: :lol:

http://shop.gameplay.co.uk/webstore/productpage.asp?productcode=RM00814 for FFXI (45 quid import)

http://shop.gameplay.co.uk/webstore/productpage.asp?ProductCode=RM0020 SWG (PC) in stock - its on PS2 and XBox? O_o (30 quid)

Can't believe i overlooked them ....

My orders placed :p

Cyphor
08-11-03, 18:59
Originally posted by Radamez
i take it you didn't get yours either then :(

bastards - i've had a bad feeling about them since i ordered..

never got an e-mail saying it'd been dispatched, although my order info on the site suggests it has :confused:

sucks getting your hopes up about something, only to get kicked in the balls by a lazy company :mad:

oh well.. prove me wrong and have it delivered first thing in monday!! :p

Nope not got it yet :( I would cancel and go with another company but as the site says its already dispatched dont think im able to. Hopefully get it on mon...don't suppose anyone has been able to dig up a phone number for the company?

NeoChick
08-11-03, 21:04
I got my SWG from them because everybody else was sold out at the time. Will never buy from them again.
First of all they charged about double the price.
Then they had the address wrong, i.e. shipped to billing address instead of shipping address, but it eventually arrived. So don't worry.
Play NC whilst you are waiting, make more progress on NC because you will be back anyway

Cerebus
08-11-03, 21:24
It isn't always the company you order from that is the problem.

A few times when I've ordered stuff it has been the UK customs that has been the hold up.

Even worse, you have no way of knowing that your package is with customs until it arrrives weeks late, repackaged, with a 'Opened by Customs' sticker on it. And these guys are not fast. Each package that was stopped was delayed by over a month.

And it's not like I was ordering wierd shit either, just t-shirts and posters and games. I think they stop stuff at random (and to annoy).

Cerebus

Tickles
09-11-03, 11:52
Originally posted by NeoChick
I got my SWG from them because everybody else was sold out at the time. Will never buy from them again.
First of all they charged about double the price.
Then they had the address wrong, i.e. shipped to billing address instead of shipping address, but it eventually arrived. So don't worry.
Play NC whilst you are waiting, make more progress on NC because you will be back anyway

Lol yeah i'm planning on coming back. I'm gonna keep my NC subscription going :D

I'm not the only one though, cause my friends been stopped, but i guess maybe both our games came in a big box that customs stopped. :(
I've actually kinda given up on it coming, it will come or it will not. As for NC, i seem to keep finding things to entertain me.

Radamez
11-11-03, 11:32
Well.. i just got my order from importmadness, I had all but given up and sent them a harsh e-mail yesterday..

but to be fair it didn't take all that long.. it's just when they don't send you an e-mail saying it's been shipped or don't reply to your e-mails you tend to panic/get pissed off..

I paid for 5 day courier.. took about 6-7 days, which isn't bad considering the post in this country blows hard..

Anyways.. *carries on with installing Final Fantasy XI* :D

Cyphor
11-11-03, 14:28
BAH :p im still waiting hopefully its only a short delay and i get mine tomo then :)

Radamez
11-11-03, 15:00
Originally posted by Cyphor
BAH :p im still waiting hopefully its only a short delay and i get mine tomo then :)

Well mine came via normal post for some reason, and there's sometimes a second post so you may even get it today :D if not I would definitely say tomorrow..

there's all server maintanance n shit today anyway, so it's probably not the best day to start :P

I'm on Cait Sith server btw, chars name is Radamez .. lvl 1 warrior w00t!