PDA

View Full Version : Please remove Tank Req on Tank PA 1

T72
07-11-03, 17:01
this will allow PE's to use em ..........

Diss Cuss

Vid Gamer
07-11-03, 17:01
No.

ex-machina
07-11-03, 17:02
Originally posted by Vid Gamer
No.

Tazo
07-11-03, 17:06
No.

Richard Adregen
07-11-03, 17:08
No.

Futureman
07-11-03, 17:09
Yes

Mumblyfish
07-11-03, 17:10
Originally posted by Futureman
No

FIXED!

T72
07-11-03, 17:10
Why no ?

lazy ass mofos stop quote/spamming 8p

Richard Adregen
07-11-03, 17:11
Alright, I'll explain... See the name? TANK Power Armour. Besides, you guys have your PE PA now.

Main Conclusion:
No.

Mumblyfish
07-11-03, 17:11
Originally posted by T72
Why no ?

PE Power Armour != Tank Power Armour

No.

Futureman
07-11-03, 17:12
Yes thats great, we want everything to be as cookie-cutter as possible. I say if you meet the requirements then you should wear it.

Peeping Tom
07-11-03, 17:13
i miss running around inn tank PA 1 with a PE.. on TS i was 1 str away from using PA 2 (str 115 at the time )
SO I SAY YES baby.. burn mah rubber bla bla sex ?
K4F

Vid Gamer
07-11-03, 17:14
Originally posted by T72
Why no ?

lazy ass mofos stop quote/spamming 8p

Are you kidding me?

PE's just got a whole bunch of new PA's and now you want to use a Tank PA now, too. o_O

Ren
07-11-03, 17:14
No.

\\Fényx//
07-11-03, 17:15
aslong as it looks like PE PA when they have it on.... cant have PE's looking like a tank now can we.... oh btw ....

No.

How about lowering the DEX req on a rolh to 60 and TC down to 10 so tanks can use it

Futureman
07-11-03, 17:18
You guys got a problem with creative setups? Are you worried that you may have to think too hard? Imagine a tank with Spy PA:lol:

Mr_Snow
07-11-03, 17:22
Tanks are too fat to fit in tank pa.

Anyway I dont want pes running about in spy pa either or noob spies in pe pa

So in conclusion

NO

Zanathos
07-11-03, 17:24
No.

\\Fényx//
07-11-03, 17:29
You guys got a problem with creative setups? Are you worried that you may have to think too hard? Imagine a tank with Spy PA:lol:

Imagine a spy winning a fight :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Each classes PE is now for that class only, isnt it fucking bad enough that tank PA started out as being the only PA, Then the monks get thiers, then the spy's and PE's did, all cause people wanted to remove the uniqueness of everyone and make everyone look a like.

MC5's without req's like the way they were would add setup variety, PE's getting TANK PA is another sign of the jackass of all trades getting a little something from every class that overall makes the tank the bitch of all...

PE's already have access to stealth 1 and 2 (hell i 'could' use stealth 3 on my PE now... just need more TC...)
Shelter (This gives PE's greater 'solo' defence than a tank...)
Pistols, with the access of the +5 dex from their PA's this means PE's can get upto the higher end pistols like the rolh, and the slasher with 1 drug. (These are weapons i would personally consider of use for spies even though my PE himself uses a rolh)
Rifles, Not as much ability as spies however as PE's have MUCH better defence than spies IMO thier the better choice for rifles over spies, same with pistols... Rifle/Pistol PE > Rifle/Pistol Spy

Peeping Tom
07-11-03, 17:32
Originally posted by \\Fényx//
Imagine a spy winning a fight :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

LOL cough cough cough LOL cough LOL cough LOL chough LOL
SAY NO MORE
say nooo more, nudge nudge
K4F

Kr3Yc3K
07-11-03, 17:33
8|

edit: POSTS 500!!!!

'HURRAY'

Rizzy
07-11-03, 17:37
I think that as it doesnt cause any form of inbalance then it should be ok. If something doesn't imbalance the game in the slightest but adds to the variety then why shouldn't it be allowed?

Oath
07-11-03, 17:38
Why not remove all reqs on all pa while were at it chips and guns ass well.,

Peeping Tom
07-11-03, 17:39
Originally posted by Oath
Why not remove all reqs on all pa while were at it chips and guns ass well.,
asloong as i get my ice cream.. i dont care
K4F

Stigmata
07-11-03, 17:43
are you all fucking stupid ?

what about the people that make a pistol tank who wanna use the 1st level PE PA

or the creative people that make a HC PE who want the extra STR from the level 1 PA ?

where is the fucking problem

Andy

Oath
07-11-03, 17:47
Originally posted by Peeping Tom
asloong as i get my ice cream.. i dont care
K4F

Gives ice cream *ice cream*

Ad i was being sarcastic :o

:D

Zanathos
07-11-03, 17:50
Originally posted by stigmata
are you all fucking stupid ?

what about the people that make a pistol tank who wanna use the 1st level PE PA

or the creative people that make a HC PE who want the extra STR from the level 1 PA ?

where is the fucking problem

Andy

The power armors are DESIGNED for each class.

Let me put it this way, Private Eyes dont have the muscle capacity to effectively use a Tanks Power Armor.

Tanks are too dumb to use Private Eye, Spy or Monk PA's

PE's dont have the intellectual capacity to use the Spies PA (Oddly though, the Spy PA REDUCES your intelligence.....)

Spies have no use for PE PA as theirs is more suited to their class.

Monks are the only ones with the mental abilities to fully use their PA.

Think of it in terms of if you were to meet a Tank, PE, Spy, Monk in real life, not based on how much STR, DEX, CON, INT, PSI they can get ingame.

It wasnt intented for PE's to use the Anti Rad suit, but since theres no requirement saying only spies may wear it, a drugged up fully implanted PE could use the Anti Radiation suit.

Stigmata
07-11-03, 18:11
if you have a different setup to the usual cookie cutter type chars you may wanna make a HC PE with 60 base STR and all STR imps you can use tank PA1

same for a tank a libby tank who wants to use PE PA for the pistol boost.

or can you not open you eyes to variance ?

Andy

Rizzy
07-11-03, 18:12
Surely if a private eye has been practicing in the arts of heavy weapons, hauling a gatlin cannon around or a rocket launcher, then he would have enough muscle capacity to wear the armour? At least when he reaches his maximun capacity for strength.

Zanathos
07-11-03, 18:14
Tanks are also not meant to use Pistols or rifles, (yes they CAN use rifles).

Hence why there is no Power Armor for them.

Sure they can do it, but still.

Maybe in the future there could be Power Armors specifically designed for this minority subclass of players.

HC PE PA
MC PE PA
PC Tank PA
RC Tank PA

There already is a Spy PC and RC rifle PA, they dont need melee or HC PA's

Same with Monks.

This would certainly add more variety.

Futureman
07-11-03, 18:32
why would you need to add "Minority PA's" when there's perfectly good PA not available for no apparent reason? Its not like it would hurt the game to add a little variety. So what if HC PEs Or Pistol Tanks become the new "Uber class," It would be a damn sight more interesting than Monkocron, and it would be nice to have a change from the current cookie cutter setups.

Zanathos
07-11-03, 18:34
Possibly in the future there could be new power armors.

Or *gasp*

Customizable Power Armors!

redjacket
07-11-03, 18:37
Originally posted by Zanathos
Possibly in the future there could be new power armors.

Or *gasp*

Customizable Power Armors!

stop stealing Ideas sprayed out on IRC... especially ones I helped create... BASTID!

anyway (again... i said it again... man... I USE THIS WORD A LOT!) I don't think any real harm can come from level 1 PA use by other classes aside from the retardedness that comes in the form that a PE model is now wearing a Tank PA model... which looks silly and retarded, but COULD be fixed, but won't be if reqs are removed...

further more (i've been saying this a lot too...) I'd like to continue to... annoy... rizzy... rawr... yikes... monkey...

Bibz
07-11-03, 18:37
No.

\\Fényx//
07-11-03, 18:39
meh

when (if) tanks get rifle and pistol PA's then... THEN.. the PE's can get a HC and Melee PA's O_o

Omnituens
07-11-03, 18:44
you get

HC PE PA
MC Spy PA
RC Tank PA
PC Tank PA

when i get Hybrid Monk PA kthxbye

Detritus
07-11-03, 18:47
the only pa which actually need class restrictions is the spy pa (imagine a pe running around with
117+ xray resist only through armour :eek: )

remove restrictions on tank/pe pa

spies won't use the pe pa because of the inferior defense

that'll bring some variation to the game without overpowering
them
eg pistol tank using pe pa or hc/driver/gunner pes using tank pa1

the game is drifting too much towards cookie cutter setups atm anyway

Thundra
07-11-03, 18:50
No.

Richard Adregen
07-11-03, 18:50
That's been happening for ages, I dunno if you've seen it... :rolleyes:

Anyway, I stick to what I mentioned before. Class PA isn't class PA for nothing.

No.

SigmaDraconis
07-11-03, 18:51
Yes thats great, we want everything to be as cookie-cutter as possible. I say if you meet the requirements then you should wear it.

and then you have tanks running around with Judges....and that ..is what i would call a balancing issue....

besides why would a PE want tank PA..PEPA 4 has better armour and adds a PC bonus without slowing you down..

redjacket
07-11-03, 18:54
Originally posted by SigmaDraconis
and then you have tanks running around with Judges....and that ..is what i would call a balancing issue....

besides why would a PE want tank PA..PEPA 4 has better armour and adds a PC bonus without slowing you down.. see... i can understand the want for other classes PA... its for those who are not cookie cutter... who want to think outside the OBTUSE TRIANGLE and think in more "square-like" terms, yes, I'm talking about people who think the 80's were cool...

no, wait... uhh...
I'm talking about those people who want an HC PE, not because they are UBER, but because its FUN... they want to be something else, not be a HC or MC tank, or PC or RC pe/spy... its for those stupid fools...

Richard Adregen
07-11-03, 18:57
FUN? In Neocron? Some people... :rolleyes::rolleyes:

*walks off muttering about people with weird ideas*

redjacket
07-11-03, 19:01
Originally posted by Richard Adregen
FUN? In Neocron? Some people... :rolleyes::rolleyes:

*walks off muttering about people with weird ideas* yeah... KK thought they managed to murder all the fun in this game, but some people continue to harbor it safely in their minds... but we shouldn't speak of it too much, "big butt-sexer" may be watching...

Rizzy
07-11-03, 19:30
besides why would a PE want tank PA..PEPA 4 has better armour and adds a PC bonus without slowing you down

HC PE setups? :p

Btw, i think its against the forum rules just to quote someone who posted one word and not add anything of your own.

Marx
07-11-03, 19:32
I still say ditch PE PA.

If a PE really wants PA, they can wear Spy 1, or drug/imp up for tank 1.

(hypothetically of course - if you got rid of the class restrictions.)

\\Fényx//
07-11-03, 19:41
Originally posted by Rizzy
HC PE setups? :p

Btw, i think its against the forum rules just to quote someone who posted one word and not add anything of your own.

We did say something else, we said their name at the top of the quote :p

Peeping Tom
07-11-03, 19:53
Originally posted by redjacket
... BASTID!
COULD
further more (i've been saying this a lot too...) I'd like to continue to... annoy... rizzy... rawr... yikes... monkey...
Dont Rizz have you on ignore any more ?
hm yeah i like your words inn caps they just look so... umm.. sexy ? harr .--....har..r yrah ... SEXY...um ... end..
K4F

Richard Adregen
07-11-03, 23:05
Originally posted by Marx
I still say ditch PE PA.

If a PE really wants PA, they can wear Spy 1, or drug/imp up for tank 1.

(hypothetically of course - if you got rid of the class restrictions.)

I VERY much disagree. There is just no way that the PE could reach the same benefit by using other class PAs instead of their PE PA. If they didn't have their PE PA they'd be less powerful, and I think one sort of PA for every class is a good thing... even if it does make em all look the same :( So to both this and the original idea:
No.

El Barto
07-11-03, 23:12
Originally posted by T72
this will allow PE's to use em ..........

Diss Cuss

Not seen some thing that stupid in a while, and I ant explaining why, what u said prity much explains whys its stupid as hell.

Richard Adregen
07-11-03, 23:13
Barto, just do what we did... Post this:
No.

Eventually he'll see the error of his ways ;)

Marx
07-11-03, 23:52
I VERY much disagree. There is just no way that the PE could reach the same benefit by using other class PAs instead of their PE PA. If they didn't have their PE PA they'd be less powerful, and I think one sort of PA for every class is a good thing... even if it does make em all look the same So to both this and the original idea:

No PA + redistibution of stats = win.

That was what myself and a number of hard line PE's fought for in the original PA battles of the past summer.

We lost, but I still hold my ground.

Opar
08-11-03, 00:08
No.

t0rqu3
08-11-03, 00:13
No.

FuzzyDuck
08-11-03, 00:28
No.

I can feel the presence of the ban hammer.

Shadow Dancer
08-11-03, 00:44
Originally posted by SigmaDraconis

How on earth would that be a balancing issue?

DonnyJepp
08-11-03, 01:13
Sounds like a good plan, PEs used to be able to use the bottom tank PA.

I'm still waiting for my research PE PA though.

D

Birkoff
08-11-03, 01:20
Tank PA maybe.. but then they will want spy PA...

PEs in SPY PE = well to hard.

Scikar
08-11-03, 02:13
If PEs want to use tank PA so badly then PE PA should be removed, and then let them.

Heavyporker
08-11-03, 17:13
Look, I like the idea of letting FIRST (and only the first) level PAs open to PEs... they're journeyman skillers, they CAN effectively be melee users (melee PA would be important to a melee PE too) or H-C users (again, HC PA would work nicely).

We're just talking about FIRST LEVEL PAs! Since GenTanks *can* use high level pistols or rifles effectively, why should they be penalized for that?! Let PEs have their variety, and let GenTanks have their variety.

LET FIRST LEVEL PAS BE REQ-LESS!

Omnituens
08-11-03, 19:00
Originally posted by FuzzyDuck
I can feel the presence of the ban hammer.
a presence i've not felt since...... *heavy breathing* :D

Remove the class req on lvl 1 PAs IF you agree to ditch PE PA totally.

T72
08-11-03, 19:40
the funny thing is i dont even have a PE char, this was posted for a banned user, i agree with him tho. The game is supposed to be open ended char wise, only MJS wants u to play this game a certain way.... Tanks = meelee PE = pistol Spy = riffle or trade skill Psi = Kami Apu or Walking med kit. If i want to play a HC PE then i should be able to get some specific items to help me EG Armour. The point of the post was to talk about it not to quote cronic post spammers, everytime someone posts something worth talking about it gets jacked by the lammas........ if u cant contribute dont bother.....