PDA

View Full Version : H-C Gen-Tank PA

El Barto
07-11-03, 16:53
This is what I think should happen to Gen-tank power armour (coming from a fully capped Gen-Tank).

I think there should be some changes to the Gen-Tank Power Armour. Firstly, get rid of the minus to the con, it just makes no sence why that would happen. The suit makes u more resistent to things, if any thing it would plus to it, but never minus it imo. Maybe it would minus your endurance because it must be very heavy, so you would lose your stamina fast, but not by very much, just by what it minuses the con by atm, so it won't be very much.

I think the Energy, Force/Peirce resist is ok as it is, but the PA should add on some X-Ray resists, not to much, say like half the amount of energy resist that it gives atm. Reason for this is because PA was designed to help Gen-tanks in the Neocron DoY war, the armour was partly to protect them against the War Bots and Hover Bombers DoY was using. Both of them do some X-Ray damage as well as energy damage, so it should give some X-Ray resist imo.

Also a very small minus to your fire resist, mainly because its metal so must get very hot under there when your set on fire. If any one thinks they would have installed some thing to stop this, well why would they have? None of the DoY units used fire so they probably wouldn't have put some thing into it to stop it.

Another reason for this is that I would like to get rid of the minus to con and have a plus to X-Ray so there needs to be another minus in it some where.

One thing they shouldn't add to it imo is a plus or a minus to poison resist, this woiuld jsut make no sence what so ever.

Only other thing that I an think of that needs to change is (and this is for all Power Armour levels and for all classes), let us change the colours of them and they keep the colours after zoning as well. We all look the damn same.

Well this is what the stats for all the H-C Gen-Tank Power Armours should be imo.

Armoursuit Tangent v X-13 (PA lvl 1)

Force = +34, Piercing = +34, Energy = +26, X-Ray = +13,
STR = +2, H-C = +8, Ath = -15, Fire = -6 and Dex = -2. Req = 85 STR.

Heavy Armoursuit Tangent v X-13a (PA lvl 2)

Force = +39, Pierce = +39, Energy = +33, X-Ray = +16, STR = +4, H-C = +12, Ath = -20 and Fire = -8 and Dex = -4. Req = 100 STR.

Powersuit Tangent v X-256 (PA lvl 3)

Force = +44, Pierce = +44, Energy = +40, X-Ray = +20, STR = +6, H-C = +16, Ath = -25, Fire = -10 and Dex = -6. Req = 115 STR

Ultimate Powersuit Tangent v X-256a (PA lvl 4)

Force = +49, Pierce = +49, Energy = +47, X-Ray = +23, STR = +8, H-C = + 20, Ath = -30, Fire = -12 and Dex = -8. Req = 130 STR.

Tell me what you think about thiss below.

Zanathos
07-11-03, 17:43
Originally posted by El Barto

STR = +2, H-C = +8, Ath = -15, Fire = -6 and Dex = -2. Req = 85 STR.

Force = +39, Pierce = +39, Energy = +33, X-Ray = +16, STR = +4, H-C = +12, Ath = -20 and Fire = -8 and Dex = -4. Req = 100 STR.

Force = +44, Pierce = +44, Energy = +40, X-Ray = +20, STR = +6, H-C = +16, Ath = -25, Fire = -10 and Dex = -6. Req = 115 STR

Ultimate Powersuit Tangent v X-256a (PA lvl 4)

Force = +49, Pierce = +49, Energy = +47, X-Ray = +23, STR = +8, H-C = + 20, Ath = -30, Fire = -12 and Dex = -8. Req = 130 STR.

Tell me what you think about thiss below.

Perfectly valid points, although I wish to add to this.

STR = +2, H-C = +8, Ath = - 10, Agl = - 5, Fire = -6 and Dex = -2. Req = 77 STR.

Force = +39, Pierce = +39, Energy = +33, X-Ray = +16, STR = +4, H-C = +12, Ath = -15, Agl = - 7 and Fire = -8 and Dex = -4. Req = 92 STR.

Force = +44, Pierce = +44, Energy = +40, X-Ray = +20, STR = +6, H-C = +16, Ath = -20, Agl = - 10, Fire = -10 and Dex = -6. Req = 107 STR

Ultimate Powersuit Tangent v X-256a (PA lvl 4)[/U]

Force = +49, Pierce = +49, Energy = +47, X-Ray = +23, STR = +8, H-C = + 20, Ath = -25, Agl = -12 Fire = -12 and Dex = -8. Req = 122 STR.

Hear me out before you flame away.

Yes, the Power Armors give a greater speed hit. But with these Power Armors, when you use a Heavy Weapon, you move as slow as a Spy or PE with a Rifle.

Without the Power Armors, they give the same speed hit as now.

The lower requirements is because with the BEST POSSIBLE HC Tank setup WHICH I WILL NOT GO INTO DETAIL ON will give a tank enough str to use the cheap +3 str drug and use their Power Armor 4.

There is a greater speed hit to tanks but esentially, its not a speed hit as you will get less of a speed hit with cannons out only with power armor.

This I believe would give tanks a much deserved boost while not making them overbalanced.

BTW, I have ideas for lower requirements on PE PA, Spy PA and Monk PA so dont flame on that either, and to any of those who dont read all of my post, I will quote myself right here.

Napalm82
07-11-03, 17:58
i like what you said about the hit to endurance, makes sum sense IMO. if only NC had sum other formulas (Spelled right?o_O ) like Stamina drain x2 or something like that, yes it would be quite a hit but it would make sence vs. the CON hit it gives.

- Napalm

* Puts on his flame proof socks *

Zanathos
07-11-03, 18:09
Heres the problem with Endurance hits.

Tanks need to MOVE to survive in combat, they need the endurance to run, shoot, run, shoot.

An Endurance hit would be too much IMO.

Think of it this way, does anyone play Star Craft?

Those Marines arent affected by their Power Armors, in fact, all it does is makes them feel more bulky.

Their Power Armor actually HELPS them in combat, it helps them control their Gauss Rifles more, it helps protect them, it helps them communicate, it helps them to keep them alive if their hit, it helps them keep track of things on the battlefield.

If you read the books you would know what I mean.

BombShell
07-11-03, 19:04
Dont touch the pa i rather hav neg con then agility. and wuts with the -fire resis. its more like a nerf just leave the pas alone. we get more xray now throu bones so y need xray pa. and waste good points for fire resis. only thing i wish pa is to lighting up on neg ath. either get rid of it or take neg 5 from each pa
pa1 10
pa2 15
pa3 20
pa4 25

i dont mind having some neg ath. but i thik its to much.

Zanathos
07-11-03, 19:08
You didnt read.

When you have a heavy weapon out with the PA, your speed hit is the same as havin a rifle out while its the same as it is now without PA.

Meaning even though theres a - agl now on my armor, you still speed up overall when a weapon is out.

As well, the X-Ray resist on the armors will free up more points to put into Fire resist.

Which... in effect, RAISES your defensive capabilities, not by much, but enough (increased fire and pierce resist)

El Barto
07-11-03, 21:35
Originally posted by Zanathos
[B]Perfectly valid points, although I wish to add to this.

STR = +2, H-C = +8, Ath = - 10, Agl = - 5, Fire = -6 and Dex = -2. Req = 77 STR.

Force = +39, Pierce = +39, Energy = +33, X-Ray = +16, STR = +4, H-C = +12, Ath = -15, Agl = - 7 and Fire = -8 and Dex = -4. Req = 92 STR.

Force = +44, Pierce = +44, Energy = +40, X-Ray = +20, STR = +6, H-C = +16, Ath = -20, Agl = - 10, Fire = -10 and Dex = -6. Req = 107 STR

Ultimate Powersuit Tangent v X-256a (PA lvl 4)[/U]

Force = +49, Pierce = +49, Energy = +47, X-Ray = +23, STR = +8, H-C = + 20, Ath = -25, Agl = -12 Fire = -12 and Dex = -8. Req = 122 STR.

I think we would be to slow with a minus to Agility and that would just nerf us ore and I know for sure I wouldn't wear PA with it. I wear it atm cos I found a way to make it usefull, its not hard to work out if you sit down for a while, but if a minus to agility happened even with all the other improvments, I still wouldn't wear it an I think not to many others would wear it as well.

Also unrelated to what you said (I forgot to add this to my original post), the weight of the PAs need to be decreased.

El Barto
07-11-03, 21:37
An Endurance hit would be too much IMO.

Isee what you mean, but I ment like on the level 4 PA to have -5 End and all the others would be less, this would only be in game for RP reasons, so it wouldn't be a massive impact.

El Barto
07-11-03, 21:40
Originally posted by BombShell
Dont touch the pa i rather hav neg con then agility. and wuts with the -fire resis. its more like a nerf just leave the pas alone. we get more xray now throu bones so y need xray pa. and waste good points for fire resis. only thing i wish pa is to lighting up on neg ath. either get rid of it or take neg 5 from each pa
pa1 10
pa2 15
pa3 20
pa4 25

i dont mind having some neg ath. but i thik its to much.

Maybe you haven't thought of this but, whats wrong with a minus to fire and plus to X-Ray? The points you lose in fire u gain back becuase you can LoM your X-Ray resist back to what it was with your armour on, and spend it on fire resist to get it back to what it was AND you still have some more points spare.

Zanathos
07-11-03, 22:14
Originally posted by El Barto
I think we would be to slow with a minus to Agility and that would just nerf us ore and I know for sure I wouldn't wear PA with it. I wear it atm cos I found a way to make it usefull, its not hard to work out if you sit down for a while, but if a minus to agility happened even with all the other improvments, I still wouldn't wear it an I think not to many others would wear it as well.

Also unrelated to what you said (I forgot to add this to my original post), the weight of the PAs need to be decreased.

Dude, I also said that with the Power Armor, your speed when you have a Cannon out decreases by the same amount as when you have a RIFLE out, which mean its essentially a speed boost if you set up your tank properly.

Without the PA, the speed hit is the same as it is now.

El Barto
07-11-03, 22:50
Dude, I also said that with the Power Armor, your speed when you have a Cannon out decreases by the same amount as when you have a RIFLE out, which mean its essentially a speed boost if you set up your tank properly.

Without the PA, the speed hit is the same as it is now.

I understand now, missunderstood first time, good idea now.

Scikar
08-11-03, 02:40
You only complain about the CON because you don't understand it. The negative CON means you lose ~5 HP, and ~5 stamina. That's it. Nothing else. No change to resists. No change to speed. Nothing at all.

El Barto
08-11-03, 03:12
Originally posted by Scikar
You only complain about the CON because you don't understand it. The negative CON means you lose ~5 HP, and ~5 stamina. That's it. Nothing else. No change to resists. No change to speed. Nothing at all.

Well u are totaly wrong, I do under stand it, but it would be better to stat them seperatly because from a RP veiw its not right saying it minuses con even if it is only effecting your HP and Stam.

Scikar
08-11-03, 03:16
From an RP view there is no difference. You mean from a realistic view, in which case it's not very realistic that submachinegun rounds can penetrate the tank PA at all.

El Barto
08-11-03, 03:20
Originally posted by Scikar
You mean from a realistic view, in which case it's not very realistic that submachinegun rounds can penetrate the tank PA at all.

Why can't they? Have u not noticed the massive gap of armour below the chest and at all the joints?

Scikar
08-11-03, 03:40
Doesn't look like much of a gap to me. Granted it's not a thick plate there but it's still not going to let a pistol round through. Besides, how do you explain being able to aim a cannon at close range, or there being a complete lack of suppressive fire, or a heavy weapon only slowing you down when you put it on your shoulder?

What I'm getting at is, you can't use realism to justify a change when the game isn't meant to be realistic in the first place. You can use realism to explain aspects of the game (e.g. why does a bullet hurt when it hits me) but you can't use realism as an argument when the focus is not on realism in the first place (e.g. why does one person firing a weapon magically make each bullet more powerful than someone else firing it?).

Sticking with tank PA as it is, maintains balance. If anything, the tank PA should be improved, and fiddling around with the CON negative and adding a fire negative is not going to help.

naimex
08-11-03, 04:18
It has now been proven... HC PA 4 is Black..

and with right setup.. agl/ath negatives from armor isnt that bad..

http://www.naimex.dk/nc/pa/1.jpg
http://www.naimex.dk/nc/pa/2.jpg
http://www.naimex.dk/nc/pa/3.jpg
http://www.naimex.dk/nc/pa/4.jpg
http://www.naimex.dk/nc/pa/5.jpg
http://www.naimex.dk/nc/pa/6.jpg
http://www.naimex.dk/nc/pa/7.jpg
http://www.naimex.dk/nc/pa/8.jpg

El Barto
08-11-03, 23:08
Well I thought every one knew it was black, also the fact that I'd have to take out my PP resistor chip 2 wear it, is a way to bigger a minus for me.

naimex
08-11-03, 23:57
nope.. asked lots of times to many peeps.. none of them knew of pa 4 color for tank pas...

^^

anyways... would still like to have old colours back.. so you could see diffy between 1 and 2 and 3...

make pa4 red again..

well back to subject.. i still think they should leave the tank pas as they are (stats wise) but maybe just lower pa4 by 5 str or summet so you dont have to sacrifice vital brainimps to use it.. or simply juse make a hc version of the zerker chips so it would make up for it..