PDA

View Full Version : Stealth and Mobs?

JustIn_Case
07-11-03, 13:07
Hi!

My PE was so happy when he got his first stealth tool today
so he went to pick an a WB...
After shoting the WB for a while it was time to heal, so i fired a heal and then stealthed. The WB fired a rocket at me while in stealth and i got hurt, oh well i thought, its area damage.

Then...the WB started shooting his beams on me and i died...wtf:confused: Thats not area damage right?

Guess it was lagg or something then...or doesnt stealth work on mobs (i was convinced it did)?

ezza
07-11-03, 13:09
once the mobs has seen you even if you stealth he can still track you and attack you

JustIn_Case
07-11-03, 13:11
Hmm, doesnt that suck?

\\Fényx//
07-11-03, 13:14
Originally posted by JustIn_Case
Hmm, doesnt that suck?

Yea :(

Pi-Oh-Pah
07-11-03, 13:14
Isnt it if ur in LOS and stealth they can see you still ?

ezza
07-11-03, 13:15
it does a bit yeah, dunno if it was intended to be like that but for as long as i remember its been that way

(damn those 60 second post message thingys:mad: )

afaik once its seen you they can track you even if you stealth out of sight once its seen thats it its after you

Mumblyfish
07-11-03, 13:16
No, no it doesn't suck. Use stealth to get around/close to mobs before they track you. If you could use stealth to eliminate the mob's tracking it would greatly imbalance spies and PEs PvM-wise, and could even lead to mob-training (IE attacking a mob, leading it to a group of players, then stealthing away).

Thundra
07-11-03, 13:18
yes i noticed that when i got my stealth tool on my pe. i found that as long as the mob aint seen u already then he wont see u when stealthed. its onl if hes already seen u. and yes it sucs. i might be able to understand certain mobs being able to see u hen stealthed. such as a warbot might have some form of heat vision or what ever but its silly they can all see u

JustIn_Case
07-11-03, 13:18
Well i think its fair that the mobs can track me and area damage me, but direct hits?

Thundra
07-11-03, 13:20
Originally posted by Mumblyfish
No, no it doesn't suck. Use stealth to get around/close to mobs before they track you. If you could use stealth to eliminate the mob's tracking it would greatly imbalance spies and PEs PvM-wise, and could even lead to mob-training (IE attacking a mob, leading it to a group of players, then stealthing away).

yes this is probably the reason why they can see you. just makes the game seem a tad unfair but ya righ with what u said.

anway i think stealth was origionaly intended as a pvp thing really

Mingerroo
07-11-03, 13:20
Yeah it does suck, because it gives PPUs the ability to freeze you and cast an SC, then, whether or not you stealth, the SC can still kill you, making PPUs yet again a pro in a certain field of AGGRESSIVE tactics :(

Mingoo

Thundra
07-11-03, 13:23
but soul clusters suc so i never really find that a problem

Jesterthegreat
07-11-03, 13:26
if you are in LOS you are still being attacked. if you hide you can stealth and run up to the mob ^.^

Xylaz
07-11-03, 14:07
there are also some mobs (grims, for example) who can sense you when stealthed no matter if they've seen you or not.

t0tt3
07-11-03, 15:40
Yea and WB:s has infrared seeing nuff said....

greendonkeyuk
07-11-03, 20:09
Originally posted by Thundra
yes this is probably the reason why they can see you. just makes the game seem a tad unfair but ya righ with what u said.

anway i think stealth was origionaly intended as a pvp thing really

We have a winner!

Spies and Pes would never die.... heaven forbid tanks would begin to cry and monks too i imagine.