PDA

View Full Version : Why Tanks SUCK and why my capped tank(except CON) is going on ebay.

jjjjkkkk
07-11-03, 04:32
I am sick of this game, so why I am writing this when only monks and other ppl who have rerolled their chars are still playing and everyone else has quit?

Well it's just to let you know your playing a crappy game that won't last long. Don't flame, I know I am right and that's why your gonna flame because the truth hurts and nobody wants to hear the truth especially monks.

Okay where shall I start... I will try and put this in some sort of order.

1) Tanking ability

In the order of best tanking ability: PPU Monks / or whoever they are buffing , PE's , Tanks & Spys lastly

This is quite clearly a joke, the proverbial cleric is the best tank due to OVERPOWERED healing and defence spells not to mention DECENT ARMOR (where in other games mages and clerics are restricted to a robe FOR GOOD REASON, KK should follow older tested and tried methods).

And yes PE's are much better tanks than "tanks", this is also due to the OVERPOWERED effects of PPU spells in this case the TL25 Shelter which turns a PE into a uber damage absorber, and since they now have Powerarmor now that adds energy and combat skill they effectivly a SUPERIOR warrior compared to the tank class CAN YOU SEE THE IMBALANCE?.

Tanks have good defence but a PE as before ranks better, another thing is that a PE can cap force/pierce absorb and a tank cannot due to having to put every single point in heavy combat and still not capping a cursed soul freq, yes tanks have more health but what good is that when a PE has a nice runcast capped TL3 heal & a tank trying to cast heal in combat is dead. Can't equip PA4 without gimpage also (PA is gimpage anyway since it makes you EVEN slower)

Spies UNLESS they have a PPU up their ass buff whoring them, shouldn't try tanking simple as that, either snipe at range or do some tradeskills, A PPU could OWN a spy damage boost him paraspam and soul cluster = dead spy even if stealthed the SC will hit.

2) Damage Output

In the order of best damage ability: APU Monk, Spys, Pe's & Tanks

APU's I don't need to discuss this, your dead before you unload your first clip into a APU monk with HOLY LIGHTENING

Spies can use all the rare pistols and rifles and have better combat skill and fire faster than PE's

PE's under spies but that don't matter since they can use all the decent pistol rares, and pain easer with just as good effectiveness since they have their powerarmor that they can EASILY equip PA4.

Tanks, um what we got? Cursed Soul, yup good damage, only when your leghumping with it. Try shooting with it at range or whist every other class is dancing around you shooting you in the head, nah didn't think so....

3) Runspeed, one of the most important factors in survivability

In the order of best run ability: Monks, PE's and Spys(slightly behind) & Tanks (again last)

Monks can whack ALL points into agility since they don't need to use a DEX weapon, and thats enough to make them the fastest

PE's and Spys next (reflex booster 4) adds a nice amount of runspeed, spies slightly behind as they can't use experiment foot
and leg.

Lastly Tanks again, I have 115 agility and athletics on my tank, I seriously tried to ungimp his slowness with no effect
take out heavy weapon back to N00b speed and an easy target for everyone again, I took redflash drug on top of my skill and stil with the heavy weapon equipped the same old crap speed, I have seen 1 tank in a TT faction on saturn that was actually running at full speed with heavy weapon equipped, nope it weren't a bug try asking the GM's wtf is up with this BS? The same guild that asked my newbie friend "German?" he said no, so they used the barreling exploit and zoned and he died of poison with his LE on.

4) Extra gadgets and skills.

Okay safe to say that every other class except the tank can take a combination of
Hacking, PSI Use
Stealthing (cept monks)
Decent powerarmour that has MINOR negative effects. (monks don't post saying oh no it takes away agility, stfu, pe's oh no it takes away PSI level and MST, STFU, spies -INT hahaha)

Tanks get none of these extra abilities and a lame ass powerarmour that looks like a cross between a spacesuit and a teletubby that makes tanks even slower (don't talk about melee tanks, lame FPS not a melee game delete the skill its crap)
lame ass aiming on their best weapon cursed soul, and they might as well have a disabled sticker on their backs for the movement they get whilst heavy weapon equipped.

I must add, tanks are the hardest to level class (as constitution is by far the hardest), no monks your not the hardest to cap, stfu. so for the hardest class to cap being the SUCKIEST one is a little disheartening for ppl who join the game wanted to play a so called perfect soldier, well i just got to 100str so my account would look flash on ebay ;/
I could make multiple capped PE's in the time to fully cap a single tank.

5) First steps to a fix.

Reduce effectiveness of all PPU spells by 66%.

Give a reticle to monks and lame melee ppl or have no reticle at all for anyone, proper FPS style.

Give tanks full runspeed back with heavy weapon equipped & passive health regeneration YES tanks suck that much. I don't like the CON based heal effectiveness idea as it would only mean OH NO I NEED A PPU UP MY ASS still.

If you can't see that this is the only way to make the game better, then my accounts going on ebay. What a waste of time i spent on this lame ass game. At least I will get my money back as some loser is bound to pay for my accounts, and hopefully the company will go BUST after I have sold them also.

Oh as one NEWBIE said "tanks just need better AoE weapons, WTF you dont play a tank you just want to have a lame ass excuse for a boost that will mean SHIT in pvp and mean that your class is still ultimate warrior u lame ass pos. you play a PE your NOT supposed to be the ULTIMATE warrior you nancy boy!!/.

A productive day.

Zanathos
07-11-03, 05:07
Too bad..... Guess you don't know how to set up your characters.

Bye.

jjjjkkkk
07-11-03, 05:10
[edited for violation of the forum rules - flaming]

Lorcin
07-11-03, 05:24
Um I kinda agree with JJJJKKKK tanks do suck. I had my first char as a tank - he levelled nice and slowly. Had all the epic weapons/chips he needed etc - BUT he sucked.

My apu can solo more mobs - after all he kills anything in 30 seconds unlike a tank. I started a PE nearly capped him before I took a game break and TBH he was killing as fast and taking as much of a beating as my tank could - but he took 4 days not 6 weeks to get to that posistion

My fucking droner spy could solo warbots at level 20 - np. My tank could not do that before level 45 (god bless the 3 slotted TT Epic cannon with scope and laser which meant he could do it then)

PLUS - there is also the fact the tanks get crap loot - PERIOD.

Basically it is PE/Monkocron ATM with a few spys thrown in for good measure.

A while ago a tank laughed at my level 74/52 APU with his 49/70 Tank when I challenged him to a duel. I think the speech thing saying lol was still above his head when he hit the ground

WTF TANKS ARE NEITHER DAMAGE DEALERS NOR TAKERS - THEY SUCK

Shadow Dancer
07-11-03, 05:26
Originally posted by jjjjkkkk

1) Tanking ability

In the order of best tanking ability: PPU Monks / or whoever they are buffing , PE's , Tanks & Spys lastly

This is quite clearly a joke, the proverbial cleric is the best tank due to OVERPOWERED healing and defence spells not to mention DECENT ARMOR (where in other games mages and clerics are restricted to a robe FOR GOOD REASON, KK should follow older tested and tried methods).

I kinda agree, it's kinda messed up that pes have better defense than tanks. I don't know if PPU should have better defene or not. I still believe that teams shuold be the ones protecting the ppu.

2) Damage Output

In the order of best damage ability: APU Monk, Spys, Pe's & Tanks

APU's I don't need to discuss this, your dead before you unload your first clip into a APU monk with HOLY LIGHTENING

Spies can use all the rare pistols and rifles and have better combat skill and fire faster than PE's

PE's under spies but that don't matter since they can use all the decent pistol rares, and pain easer with just as good effectiveness since they have their powerarmor that they can EASILY equip PA4.

Tanks, um what we got? Cursed Soul, yup good damage, only when your leghumping with it. Try shooting with it at range or whist every other class is dancing around you shooting you in the head, nah didn't think so....

Apus are supposed to deal the best damage. Look at their crap defense. And why are you ranking tanks last? I'm telling you from experience tanks have the 2nd best offense, as it should be.

Lastly Tanks again, I have 115 agility and athletics on my tank, I seriously tried to ungimp his slowness with no effect

Yea that's the way it's supposed to be. I think there should be a "HARD" runspeed cap that you can't overspec, and ath/ag should have no effect on. THEN they should decrease teh speed gimp. That way tanks run faster with their cannons out(but still slower than other classes) and also have more ath points for resist and more agility points for whatever.

4) Extra gadgets and skills.

Okay safe to say that every other class except the tank can take a combination of
Hacking, PSI Use
Stealthing (cept monks)
Decent powerarmour that has MINOR negative effects. (monks don't post saying oh no it takes away agility, stfu, pe's oh no it takes away PSI level and MST, STFU, spies -INT hahaha)

Tanks get none of these extra abilities and a lame ass powerarmour that looks like a cross between a spacesuit and a teletubby that makes tanks even slower (don't talk about melee tanks, lame FPS not a melee game delete the skill its crap)
lame ass aiming on their best weapon cursed soul, and they might as well have a disabled sticker on their backs for the movement they get whilst heavy weapon equipped.

I must add, tanks are the hardest to level class (as constitution is by far the hardest), no monks your not the hardest to cap, stfu. so for the hardest class to cap being the SUCKIEST one is a little disheartening for ppl who join the game wanted to play a so called perfect soldier, well i just got to 100str so my account would look flash on ebay ;/
I could make multiple capped PE's in the time to fully cap a single tank.

Now you're really showing your mega biased attitude and lack of overall knowledge. hardest to cap? Yea alright. :rolleyes:

Btw apus who poke or hack or whatever have gimped their combat ability.

5) First steps to a fix.

Reduce effectiveness of all PPU spells by 66%.

Give a reticle to monks and lame melee ppl or have no reticle at all for anyone, proper FPS style.

I agree, I think giving apus a reticle might be a good idea. And then some minor tweaks after that.

Reducing ppu spells by 66% effectiveness? I don't know, that sounds liek too much.

Give tanks full runspeed back with heavy weapon equipped & passive health regeneration YES tanks suck that much.

Full runspeed? But that's supposed to be one of the perks of lighter weapons like pistols. And why do they deserve passive health regeneration?

Oh as one NEWBIE said "tanks just need better AoE weapons, WTF you dont play a tank you just want to have a lame ass excuse for a boost that will mean SHIT in pvp and mean that your class is still ultimate warrior u lame ass pos. you play a PE your NOT supposed to be the ULTIMATE warrior you nancy boy!!/.

Do you really expect to win any people over when you type stuff like this?

Overall I hafta say I greatly disagree with you. I think the "suckiness" of tanks is greatly exaggerated. Tanks still kickass. They may not have a role in team pvp, but that's due to monks domination. I'm sure KK will do something to fix that.

People think just because other classes got a few toys, that all of a sudden tanks suck. That is sooooo not true.

Dribble Joy
07-11-03, 05:32
Tanks not dmg dealers?

In a straight fire fight a tank will beat all except apus, possibly even equal them if using a CS.
PEs and spys cannot hope to come close to the shear damage output a tank has.
In order to balance the classes, PEs with have to have better defence, and what they have now is still not enough to defelect what a tank can throw at them, they have to take 2 mins setting up, taking drugs, and then dance like crazy fuckers till thier fingers fall off. Then thire buffs and drugs wear off, and they become sitting targets,
Spys can use range and stealth to avoid the tank, in close combat they stand little chance.

I spent a good time in NF today, a good mix of spys, tanks, apus and PEs all of various skill, and to be honest, they really are very balanced at the moment, other than random dmg on apu spells, and a few tweaks, THINGS ARE FINE.

hinch
07-11-03, 06:01
im starting to enjoy my tank now

i wasnt at first but now im starting to learn how to use a tank to kill stuff

yeah we have big guns with little clips
but if used right can be very dangerous

Style
07-11-03, 06:08
werd, i agree. am not even gona make a point because people know how i feel

QuantumDelta
07-11-03, 06:13
You don't even want me to start........................

I'd make sure your points didn't land on this planet let alone survive.

Biased, unskilled, unprofessional, lacking-in-knowledge tripe.

joran420
07-11-03, 06:19
i dunno man a CS will take out an unbuffed APU / SPy / PE or even PPU(note :UNBUFFED) almost as fast as HL

I think u just mad cause u suck ...and afaik monks int is the hardest to cap(although it may be better now that they gave it a little boost)

[edit] after re reading your post....your just an Idiot...and one who sucks at PvP from the sound of it

hinch
07-11-03, 06:21
depending who the ppu is a tank can quite easily drop them too

ofc it all depends who the ppu is

btw i`d like a poision mod for my cs non dotted poision would rock ppu`s appart and balance tanks almost instantly

Kikyo
07-11-03, 06:23
selling your tank on ebay?

isn't that against the rules?

VetteroX
07-11-03, 06:31
I have a suggestion. How about since they restricted the forum to paying customers, they also restrict the forum or at least one section of it, to people who are good at the game. Then all 10 or 12 of us could have good discussions about the game.

Dribble Joy
07-11-03, 06:32
Awww. but I like spamming here.. I have nothing else to do....

Artie
07-11-03, 06:42
Originally posted by QuantumDelta
You don't even want me to start........................

I'd make sure your points didn't land on this planet let alone survive.

Biased, unskilled, unprofessional, lacking-in-knowledge tripe.

agreed. I'm not even going to rip into the points this guy has missed.

I've forgotten about tanks 300 times more than this guy's ever learned =\

Please don't leave though. Just try to get some contact with other high lvl tanks and learn some con setups. Even then, go into neofrag and attempt to use the skills a tank has.

Dribble Joy
07-11-03, 06:45
Indeed, a little dent to one's pride and a lesson or two from others never hurt anyone.

Gotterdammerung
07-11-03, 06:50
Closed as per forum rules.

if anyone wants to say goodbye please use e-mail or PM's