PDA

View Full Version : Took long enough

Nullifidian
06-11-03, 18:47
I started thinking about why I still have an active Neocron account last night. It's not as if I play the game anymore. I was thinking about how I'm waiting for more roleplaying content to be added and waiting for DoY of course.

Then reality hit me. As far as Live Runs go and whatnot, I've been a GM myself and seen what goes on behind the GM scenes. GMs are apathetic. A lot of them have ideas, and a couple really work hard to follow through, but the vast majority of them lose interest real fast due to NO FUCKING SUPPORT from the guys running the show: KK. So I had to be honest with myself, there won't be any more live runs beyond that first one. There isn't going to be any roleplaying content on a regular basis either.

Then there's DoY. Seriously, without the RP content, why would I give a shit about DoY? It's a bunch of new maps; whuppdifuckingdo. Shit has stagnated so badly in Neocron, that I honestly don't care what happens anymore. I don't give a flying fuck about the storyline because the story doesn't exist ingame, only out of game. Oh and then there's the actual fun factor of playing the game. The play control is nice and all, but you still need to be capped with a good set of rares to have any chance to survive without a law chip. I'm not talking about winning PvP, I'm talking about surviving without getting constantly ganked.

All my friends ingame have long since left.

Then there's the graphics and animation. Someone once described to me the running animation as looking like my character "has a load in his pants." The animation is the worst of any game I have ever seen and that isn't going to ever get better. Neither are the graphics. The characters are intensely blocky. I'm sorry, but in this day and age, with the quality graphics you find in every other MMORPG out there, let alone single player games, this blocky shit just doesn't cut the mustard. With KK's history of updates; or rather lack thereof, I'm not holding my breath for a character model upgrade.

So, last night I uninstalled Neocron from my PC and my laptop. This is my final post before clicking the good ol' cancel button. I don't expect any of you folks to give a shit, but I thought it'd only be polite to give a fairwell. Some of you have been really cool, especially MoonUnit, Maven, Odin, and Danae.

This is Nullifidian signing off

BlackPrince
06-11-03, 18:52
Well fuck me.

Good luck to ya, whatever you do next. Your points are valid, and the conclusion you came to many of us reached a long time ago. I got lucky and still have friends playing and I'll play right up to the day the last one leaves. But when they're gone, so am I.

Xian
06-11-03, 18:55
I think I've seen where you're heading off to, but all the best anyway. :)

Ascension
06-11-03, 18:56
Its ya ingame friends that make the game nothing else no more:(

Zanathos
06-11-03, 18:57
Seriously, once we get a publisher and DoY. KK needs to work their asses off to get this game up and running again.

If thats still possible.

I for one will play this game until I find a better one, which may be soon if Face of Mankind is all its cracked up to be and more.

Ulle
06-11-03, 18:59
I'll take it this is a leaving thread then.

If you wish to send Nullifidian a leaving message please do so via the PM system.

Thread Closed.