PDA

View Full Version : Quick Question

Mumblyfish
06-11-03, 17:40
And I mean real quick. So quick, I can type it with my nose...

If a group of people are harassing you ingame (IE hunting you down/sending threatening DMs) is there anything that can be done about it, or is it just part of the game "experience"?

Point being, I'm only base rank 43, yet I can't go anywhere without being killed by a certain group of individuals. Tech Haven, Military Base, Chaos Caves, the lot. Whenever I GR outside my apartment, I find myself dead within 15 minutes.

This only just started today, and to be frank, I'm sick of it. Call me a carebear, tell me to put my LE in (I want to stay clanned), or just outright say I'm a pussy for finding DMs saying people are going to get me upsetting. I just want to know if anything can be done about it.

Thanks.

Jesterthegreat
06-11-03, 17:41
abuse@neocron.com

wait til someone else agrees... i may have made the address up? O_o damn my memory

X452
06-11-03, 17:43
wot clan u in?

no dont tell me lol

but, the next time u get killed tell yer clan, then if they are clever enuf brave enuf and cool enuf then will go and butt rape the mofos that keep killin u!!!!

i know i would if u were in my clan ffs

edit: ye m8 thats the right addy for the email thing

Oath
06-11-03, 17:44
Are they Rping it or just flagrant abuse?

If theyre Rping it theres not much can be done, but if its obvious abuse then theyre fooked.

Mumblyfish
06-11-03, 17:45
Originally posted by X452
wot clan u in?

no dont tell me lol

but, the next time u get killed tell yer clan, then if they are clever enuf brave enuf and cool enuf then will go and butt rape the mofos that keep killin u!!!!

i know i would if u were in my clan ffs

Thing is, I'm in the Tech Haven Banana Republic. There's only two of us (friends) and we're both friends on fairly newbie characters. Can't get much help from there :D

Thanks for the e-mail addy, Jester. I'll start collecting chatlogs.

Originally posted by Oath
Are they Rping it or just flagrant abuse?

If theyre Rping it theres not much can be done, but if its obvious abuse then theyre fooked.

I don't want to go into too much detail (it's frowned upon to start mentioning names and all), but let's just say that they're in an allied faction to me. In one case (the first one, actually), the SAME faction.

So no, no roleplaying there.

Archeus
06-11-03, 18:23
If they are in an allied faction then I would go out lootless and throw myself at them. I would make sure they rack up enough red to last them a lifetime.

Make it that killing you means absolutly nothing to them. No fun whatsoever. Trust me they will get sick of it if you keep doing it over and over standing in front of them, knowing if they kill you they loose SL.

Carry nothing so you loose nothing. You will gain CON, STR

After that if you are a target, get some friends who are enemies of them and set them up to get whacked. do it a few times.

Other then that, put them on ignore. If they continue you send you mail abuse I'd report it.

Acting as a meat puppet over and over even when they are trying to do something else works wonders.

[added] If your Fallen Angel, they have knack of trying to look out after each other. Check the Fallen Angels forums (DM if you need to know where). They may be able to sort your problem.

evs
06-11-03, 18:27
hmmm normally i wouldnt say this

but who and what clan.

perhaps i can help.

also rade's silent morbius enjoys nothing better than hunting down people.

Gotterdammerung
06-11-03, 19:16
This is what you should do.

If you perceive this as being abusive and harassing take a screenshot and report it to abuse@neocron.com

Forget about the possible RP aspect of it because I'm sure if you said something to them like "Gee guys, if you are just plain harassing me I can report it as abuse, but if it's RP then I can't. Are you roleplaying ?" you can imagine what their reply would be. Roleplaying is interplay and interaction between people that are consenting and involved in it.

Anyway, take screenies, get names, send it in, let them determine if it's harassment or not and in the meantime if they do it again say loudly over trade channel whats going on and I'm sure someone will assist you.

Mumblyfish
06-11-03, 19:30
Cheers Gotterdammerung. At least, if all else fails, I have Fraps movies of said people exploiting ;)

Jesterthegreat
06-11-03, 21:22
Originally posted by Gotterdammerung
This is what you should do.

If you perceive this as being abusive and harassing take a screenshot and report it to abuse@neocron.com

Forget about the possible RP aspect of it because I'm sure if you said something to them like "Gee guys, if you are just plain harassing me I can report it as abuse, but if it's RP then I can't. Are you roleplaying ?" you can imagine what their reply would be. Roleplaying is interplay and interaction between people that are consenting and involved in it.

Anyway, take screenies, get names, send it in, let them determine if it's harassment or not and in the meantime if they do it again say loudly over trade channel whats going on and I'm sure someone will assist you.

haha i said that :p i should be a copbot :lol:

MisterP
06-11-03, 21:27
The thing is mumbly, some clans IE (clan Im in .:FF:.) will kill u on sight if your enemy and clanned, we dont kill unclanned runners, so to lvl you shudnt get pked if u leave ur clan and re-joined later.

It might be worth joining another clan that can fight with you (lots more fun)

hudsonbeck
06-11-03, 21:35
mumbly,
I see ur location as TH (so i assume you are FA)
I as a fellow FA member do not like to see this type of behavior, especially when one of the runners is also FA.

What server?

If it is Saturn, I would be more than willing to help you.

I know we arn't susposed to "role play" here, so PM me and we can get to geather:D

Hudson

Gotterdammerung
06-11-03, 22:08
BTW, it was stated and made clear a very long time ago that apt. camping is very high on the ban list, clan apts however are a different story. Please remember to take screenies when you can and forward them to me if possible. I will always make sure that the pics get into the right hands.

JackScratch
06-11-03, 23:00
Assumeing you and your clan are not Random PKers, then you have the full support of TechSyn. Email me ingame and we will work something out (Pluto BTW, we are on Saturn as well, but with no power to speak of) This is just the kind of think I want to fight against, ingame and we would be happy to help. "Death to all red=dead, death to random PKers."