PDA

View Full Version : what imps to use for psi monkk

greploco
06-11-03, 12:06
ok - they eye and spine

what does a self respecting psi monk put in these spots ?

dArkjON
06-11-03, 12:08
Smart Cybereye 1 and Advanced Nerves 3 they both do +INT.

phunqe
06-11-03, 12:32
DS+Core+def3+def2

EDIT: damnit phunqe, you should actually read the post o_O

I actually have the reflex1, can't afford the TRA-10 on the adv3 since I only have 2 TRA to begin with :p 2 might not seem much, but it's exaclty weighted for all my spells + certain amount of booster for fight readyness :)
But for the eye it's the cyb1...

ericdraven
06-11-03, 12:44
Smart Cybereye 1 + Reflexbooster 1.

slaughteruall
06-11-03, 14:21
Smart Cybereye 1 + Reflexbooster 1

Dont let anyone else fool you. This is correct. Only reason to use a advanced nerves 3 is for the extra INT for the heavy belts. LVL to get past that thing quick.

MayhemMike
06-11-03, 15:17
Am i the only one that didn't know about smart cyber eye 1 :confused: :confused:

Archeus
06-11-03, 15:24
What does smart cyber eye give you?

I have melee combat eye. With Melee boost 3 it gives me MC of 30 which helps counteract melee based attacks.

Reflexbooster gives int? Is that a droppable spine?

Devils Grace
06-11-03, 15:24
argg
"looks for a reflexbooster 1 and cyber eye 1"

lol always learning

Archeus
06-11-03, 15:25
Originally posted by slaughteruall
Dont let anyone else fool you. This is correct. Only reason to use a advanced nerves 3 is for the extra INT for the heavy belts. LVL to get past that thing quick.

INT for putting on PA as well.

ericdraven
06-11-03, 15:31
The cybereye gives you INT+1, so you can quicker reach the heavy belts. It's not much, but as we know INT levels not really fast as monk. Once you are capped (or can use the heavy belts), it's not really needed anymore. But.. it doesn't harm you, so i kept it, especially because:

Reflexbooster 1 - AGL+3, ATL+1, DEX+1, INT-1. Takes away that INT again. :p But it makes you a little bit faster as well.. the other spine implants are even more ueseless.. Advanced Nerves? Too big TRA penalty. Dex-Booster? Gives only DEX, and a monk does not need it at all.

Kain
06-11-03, 15:37
DOH !!!

Now I'm feeling foolish

I've been shouting (kicking and screaming) for a experimental reflex booster 2 for weeks.

To take my run speed a little higher (all dex pts in Agility, 90 ath. atm)

Now having looked at the http://neocron.ems.ru/armor.html page I see that the exp-reflex booster doesnt exist (sob)

Wonder why exp-reflex booster 3 (AGL+10 END+5 DEX+3) has a dex requirement (44) one less than the Reflex Booster 2 (45, AGL+5 ATL+2 DEX+2).

WHY DOESNT experimental reflex booster 2 EXIST >>>?????

Kain

Archeus
06-11-03, 16:09
On a similar topic.

How good is melee at counteracting melee attacks. My first attempt as a PPU growing up a put a lot into melee combat and had someone whack at me with a laser sword doing little damage.

Wondering if it has changed much?

I know 30 isn't going to stop a spec'ed Melee but everything that takes the edge off the combat is a good thing.

ericdraven
06-11-03, 16:13
Hmm... i doubt that M-C does anything at all against melee-attacks..
It's like every other attack - PRC/FRC or ENR for laserswords..

AGL should help against melee (that's what they write in the manual), but... somehow i doubt this.. :)

phunqe
06-11-03, 16:42
Originally posted by ericdraven
...AGL should help against melee (that's what they write in the manual), but... somehow i doubt this.. :)

hehe, does it work at all? My melee tank has like 140 AGL atm and when bumping into a butchee he still hits me with every jab :p

But maybe it's for PvP based melee only :)

Dead Bodies
06-11-03, 19:43
where do i buy smart cyber eye 1 can buy from store or have to get bp?

ericdraven
06-11-03, 19:53
Originally posted by Dead Bodies
where do i buy smart cyber eye 1 can buy from store or have to get bp?
Mob-drop only. Either get the BP or hunt for mid-level mobs (Aggressors, Butchees, Launcher Cyclops for example).

Dead Bodies
06-11-03, 19:55
kool thx

ericdraven
06-11-03, 20:01
Originally posted by Dead Bodies
kool thx
Np.
I think you are playing on Uranus? I could give you a BP. On Saturn as well btw.

Kikyo
06-11-03, 20:05
you could also use a str. booster 1 which gives +1 str.

the +1 str adds a little transport but i still think the reflex 1 is better

although it neglects the smart eye with its -1

=|