PDA

View Full Version : [Brainport] Paladin Reward

-FN-
06-11-03, 11:11
I know it's not possible yet, but just for the cooking pot for later...

A lot of end-game capped players get to this point where they wonder, what's left to do with my char?

How about, if you become paladin, you get 5 more MAX points to distribute to your skills.

For example, let's say you're a PE and you're capped with 60 STR, 80 DEX, 65 CON, 60 INT, and your 35 PSI. You complete all the epics, become a paladin, now you can raise any of those caps by 5 points, or put 3 in DEX and 2 in STR for a 83 DEX cap and a 62 STR. This would give people an opportunity to do some real number crunching, implant planning, and more. I think it would open up a lot of doors but not overkill like the MC5 chips were at first.

Just an idea :)

ericdraven
06-11-03, 11:17
Yes i like it (i have done all epics), but expect those people who complain about the rare part drop rate and similar things will complain about this as well "OMG!!! It's so difficult to achieve and would take a few days and i can't PK meanwhile!!!11". ;) :p

But there should be definitely some reward for the Paladin.

Al3X
06-11-03, 11:33
great idea, all those epics cost a hell to do and also require a load of time, so imo the reward should really make it worth :)
5 star, i love it :D

greploco
06-11-03, 11:46
agreed,

some sort of reward,

ability to add 5 extra points in each stat perhaps, or maybe something that doesn't involve the game system, like something added to your avitar

Mumblyfish
06-11-03, 12:21
Even something as simple as getting more recognition. You know, so that people stop and stare at you in the street, saying "Damn he's good!"

Having "Paladin" in your tag isn't good enough, so I'm pointing in the direction of Planetside. In Planetside, when you cap your Command Rank, you get a prominent backpack added to your character's model, so that people can spot an excellent commander from a mile off.

That said, real bonuses would be nicer!

shenten
06-11-03, 12:29
I'm sorry (prepared to get flammed) but the paladin thing is not a good thing for me and should not be rewarded at all.

Why ?

If you look into it, someone changing faction like I switch my underwears has no faction attachment and is more like a treator than someone that should be blessed :)

People do it, nice they got a lot of unbreakable epic items ...having more skill points I don't agree with it, maybe a title:
"Paladin: originally a mercenary, give me 300k for faction change and i'm your man, work for money, not honour"

:D

My arguments are maybe a bit too RP..Soz for this...

Mumblyfish
06-11-03, 12:33
I really doubt that, at least in the world of Neocron, there is such a thing as honour. From a storyline perspective, it makes sense to have runners constantly changing their allegiences, just to stay alive.

LTA
06-11-03, 12:40
alright idea but you'll just end end with a server of paladins due to the others getting a nice advantage....

I reckon even clans would start to breakdown due to peeps wanting the extra few levs..

gizmojack
06-11-03, 12:42
Great idea -FN-
Completing ALL epics does deserve some status.

5 stars.

-Giz :cool:

shenten
06-11-03, 12:58
Well a title why not, extra skills no.

El_MUERkO
06-11-03, 13:02
Sounds like a good idea to me :)

[SP]Ostrich
06-11-03, 13:13
i agree with kenjuten.

no extra levels.

yes i want to become a paladin.

:D

Original monk
06-11-03, 17:36
give a paladin an extra star, so you can have 4 stars, and give em 3 extra points in every skillclass :P then i will be reaaaly happy :P

QuantumDelta
06-11-03, 18:25
I love it.

@ People who think Paladin's are faction hopping whores.

The Idea behind a REAL Paladin is someone who ALL Sides back.

Paladin is a stupid name for it I did prefer Free Knight..

Basically a very Parn or Himura Kenshin "respected by all sides and has influence on all sides, the ability to stop battles that don't need to happen." kinda RP thing.

Shenten is talking about the typical player.
I'm talking about a real Paladin.
The difference is kinda, huge.

Zanathos
06-11-03, 18:33
Some kind of bonus is indeed nice.

Perhaps half price on items in stores except the really expensive ones. Maybe a quarter for those.

A special implant that is worth getting but not overly powerful that only that player can use. (All its requirements would be is Paladin) Maybe a 5th brainslot for Paladins only that immediatly is installed with the Paladin Chip.

Its bonus'? I really dont know.

But an extra 5 levels to add to any of your levels seems a little odd to me.

Jest
06-11-03, 18:38
Sounds pretty cool to me.

Shadow Dancer
06-11-03, 20:44
Gonna hafta agree with QD. I think maybe their should be a goodie for finishing all epics, but the title definitely shouldn't be paladin. It shouldn't even be a good title. It should be a bad title. You kill people of other factions for certain factions. So you basically murder the people you once worked for. So no it wouldn't be respected by all sides.

This game should have a reputation system with perks or side effects to those reputations.

Like -100 SL would be murderer

+100 should be paladin.

Finishing all epics should be something.............can't think of a name. :p

kujikiri
06-11-03, 20:51
what about a new faction that you can only join after you become a paladin, a faction that has some citadel in the wastlands and is neutral to all other factions. Then you could create a new greater epic to become a Paladin Master and reward it with something a bit better than the current items.

QuantumDelta
06-11-03, 20:56
That's true but then again not many people like having to kill enemies to do epics...

The Biotech epic is the worst actually you have to kill the CEO Of Tangent to finish it, THAT wouldn't go down too well.

Heh, on reflection I don't really think the /epics/ would be that kinda RP in the end I suppose you're right, but that is the kind of title people who have done great work for all factions would be looking for if taken in a purely RP context...

Like I said, I wanted "Paladin" to be something like Kenshin, or something like Parn (Record of Lodoss War).

People who don't really fight for a side, they just fight for what is right.
People who EVERYONE will normally admit and accept are following what they believe to be the truth in their own right.
People who can be followed by all factions if the cause is great enough (Say Irata III came back and the whole of the world was going to be whiped out, a "Paladin" would be charged with uniting the factions, and working to keep them together so they can fight Irata III), though of course these things don't happen often.

In Kenshin it was often a case of Kenshin trying to get sides to stop "meaninglessly" slaughter eachother.

In Record of Lodoss War it was a case of Parn trying to save all of the people of Lodoss from the release of an ultimate force of evil, that would have destroyed the "Good guys" the "Really good guys" the "bad guys" and the "heros" so meh...

edit;
Hey not bad Kuji, I would have to demand that joining this faction would require 100 SL not just a completion of all epics, and that the final epic would be more difficult than all the previous epics combined...

Marx
06-11-03, 21:00
@People who think Paladin's are faction hopping whores

You know... when I first read FN's post the first though through my mind was "Why should faction jumping whores be rewarded?".

*sigh*

They would already have all the epic rewards... perhaps they can all be put together to make a giant transformer dude who follows you around and kneels when you talk to him... like the Copbot in plaza 1 pluto.

:rolleyes:

One of the biggest problems ingame is faction loyalty - If this was actually there, fights and interactions between players would be much more dynamic and interesting.

Instead, people are only loyal to factions until they gain enough sympathy to change over to do that factions epic.

Though I don't think changing factions for epics is wrong - I don't think faction jumping whores should be rewarded.

Realistically, would a faction continue to trust a former member who just jumped into an enemy faction?

No.

Would that faction continue to back him or her?

No.

Why?

Because he/she is now the enemy.

Shadow Dancer
06-11-03, 21:01
Exactly Marx. As a matter of fact, someone who completed all epics should be considered hostile to all factions, IMO.

And they should be factionless.

Their should be 2 types of factionless. One that is neutral to all, and one that is hostile to all.

kujikiri
06-11-03, 21:14
well i think having a Paladin group that is neutral to all fits your view, more like a higher order or something. clans and owning OPs might be a problem, maybe the Paladin HQ has certain OP type bonuses to all faction members so OP ownership by these guys would not really be necessary.

other posts here have a point with the fact that to be a paladin means to be a faction gypsy, so it would be odd to then be "Biotech, Paladin" or some such tag, you should have risen above the fray after seeing the good and bad in all factions

maybe the reward for the Paladin epic could be to go from neutral to all to allied with all and the epic missions involve moving the factions toward peace with each other

QuantumDelta
06-11-03, 21:17
Makes much sense.
Good points raised by all...

Hard to really find a reply for Marx and SD in their comments because under the current system they're right, but Kuji and I'm sure the others can see where I'm coming from if you actually read my post...

Marx
06-11-03, 21:17
maybe the reward for the Paladin epic could be to go from neutral to all to allied with all and the epic missions involve moving the factions toward peace with each other

Yeah, City Admin would absolutely love a former agent who jumped to TG... then DoY... then another DoY faction...

I say play it like SD mentioned - Hostile to all.

No ones going to trust a paladin - they've shown that they have little to no loyalty to whoever they serve, and their intentions can be at best described as egomaniacal.

FuzzyDuck
06-11-03, 21:36
I like this idea - however it would need a great deal of thought to make sure things don't get over-balanced if it's skill focussed.

However I think I would prefer something like;

Lolipop
[sYn - Believer]
Elder Member of, The Crahn Sect, Master

or something like that.

zii
06-11-03, 22:31
Preferably extra levels for me.

kujikiri
06-11-03, 22:31
i guess i look at the paladin title more in a gamers sense. It will take a lot of time and effort to achieve that title and as a gamer I think time and effort put into something should result in a good thing, not a bad one. Perhaps a Paladin should require a certain level of loyalty to all factions.

Making someone who completes all epics hostile to all because they were enemies to all at one time is not supported by the current faction loyalty system as I can have 100 loyalty to a faction that my faction is an enemy of. Is it not possible for a runner to leave a faction on good terms? I think the RP here can go anyway we (well we meaning KK) want it to go, I would rather see something positive for a capped character to work for come out of the paladin idea, i think it would progress the game further.

Marx
06-11-03, 22:55
Making someone who completes all epics hostile to all because they were enemies to all at one time is not supported by the current faction loyalty system as I can have 100 loyalty to a faction that my faction is an enemy of. Is it not possible for a runner to leave a faction on good terms

Well... I don't know.

When I look at Mr. DFL*: Reza; and his military arm provided by the City Admin - "Loyalty until Death" keeps flashing through my mind.

Don't get me wrong, I can see what it is you're trying to get at... Which in my opinion would be great in games like DAoC, EQ, more fantasy based games; but I don't see it happening here - the enviroment in this world is more cutthroat and standoffish.

*Dictator For Life

QuantumDelta
06-11-03, 23:18
in things like gang wars it is possible to get this kind of respect though so I don't see why it is not possible here..

Though I believe Reeza would be reluctant and grudging in admitting it but even he would have to accept it if some individual such as this gained the support of the companies around him.

Only TT / CA would really be that difficult in this...

Jest
06-11-03, 23:27
It's probably been mentioned many times over but I'm still for two distinct Paladin titles. One for all the pro-city corporations and another for all the anti-city ones. :)

Marx
06-11-03, 23:38
Well - here's the way I see it.

Depending on the factions that come out, we might get tons more with the DoY release - we might get a couple.'

Lets take a gander at some possibilities.

Anarchy Breed - Hates the city in an angsty youthful way.
Regants Mutants - Hates the city factions which made them the way they are; most citizens hate mutants and mutant sympathizers because mutants are ugly and almost unhuman - something to be pitied.
DoY control faction - The equivalent to the City Admin. Hates all things associated with Neocron the same way City Admin hates everything directly associated with DoY.
DoY weapon/medical factions The equivalent to the Tangent/Biotech/ProtoPharma conglomerates - possibly non-hostile to mutants (guessing based on recent plot events =).)

With that tossed in; I have to say the idea of total neutrality is... Impossible.

Perhaps if you wanted to revamp (http://neocron.jafc.de/showthread.php?s=&threadid=78943) the faction system. =>

Shadow Dancer
07-11-03, 00:40
Originally posted by QuantumDelta
in things like gang wars it is possible to get this kind of respect though so I don't see why it is not possible here..

Get respect by your enemy gang right? But I doubt enemy gangs would give respect to ONE individual who betrayed all of them at one point or another. It'll be more like a mutual hate. :D

Viduus[JBX]
07-11-03, 00:59
I like it, where was the poll for this?

Leebzie
07-11-03, 01:08
An idea.

Super Paladin Pa

Must be capped , must have done all epics

+5 all main skills
+20 subskills.

After all its the utlmiate bitch to get (owing to faction symp adjusting , v bitchy)

And its gotta look cool. it needs to say "i r teh winn0r , i have done all teh epics !!! ph33r me !"

QuantumDelta
07-11-03, 01:16
Originally posted by Leebzie
An idea.

Super Paladin Pa

Must be capped , must have done all epics

+5 all main skills
+20 subskills.

After all its the utlmiate bitch to get (owing to faction symp adjusting , v bitchy)

And its gotta look cool. it needs to say "i r teh winn0r , i have done all teh epics !!! ph33r me !"
That's a bit....too much.....o.o

Marx
07-11-03, 01:17
*sigh*

I always forget getting in the way of people on their quest to be 'ubar' only breeds a lesson in futility.

:(

-FN-
10-11-03, 20:55
-- Not trying to Resurrect a Dead Thread ---

Why wasn't this moved to Brainport after it left the first page? i went to the Brainport to see what ppl thought of the idea since I forgot I had even posted it... and I couldn't find it.

That's what the mods used to do o_

Shakari
10-11-03, 21:42
That's true but then again not many people like having to kill enemies to do epics...

The Biotech epic is the worst actually you have to kill the CEO Of Tangent to finish it, THAT wouldn't go down too well.

Um lol TT have the same issue lol I gunned down the Operations director in Biotech HQ for my epic :D

Dribble Joy
10-11-03, 21:51
As with the PA, people will not care about what it looks like or what it's about they just think, 'Who gives a fuck, I want the stats.'
As said, the idea of a totally neutral person is... borked.

Simply doing all the epics means... what?

People should start as recruits, eg. City Mercs - Recruit, and have to a epic-like run to gain normal status. Then perform a hard (harder than current ) epic to gain the master level, then another to gain an elder level, which could give you bonuses in your home area/lower prices. Eg (again the merc example sorry) elder mercs get a fortress bonus in J_01 and all MB sectors, same with FA and TG.

Aside from that, Paladin-ship should not bring about any stat gain, a title and maybe an item.
Possibly becomeing a paladin could involve a badaas hard run for your faction, after the elder level. This elevates you into an 'Inner circle' in NC above and beyond the petty sqaublings of the factions. They still appear as thier orginall faction, (who knows the members of the inner circle?) and have the bonuses, but are in a faction separate from the others. Can't take OPs, but could perhaps help factions take them in return for money/ reasourses.
Palandinship would thus be fucking hard and would only appeal to those who are into the RP aspect.

Bleh, What do I know.

Viduus[JBX]
10-11-03, 23:37
As far as an RPing outlook for a Paladin, he should have the option to be un-factioned but suffer no penalties for it other than to be clanless -- e.g. open up all the GRs to him, but he cannot join any clan, and is "Neutral" to all factions *should he so choose that option*.

Re-joining a faction then would mean losing Paladin status, but give some other title, such as "Chevalier" (just an example from the same period).

SL would also need to be handled in a different manner for a Paladin -- as the title suggests, he'd have to be doing the killing for a reason other than "kicks", which means it needs to be justified... and doing anything "unlawful" would then make the Paladin title anathema.

QuantumDelta
11-11-03, 01:36
Paladin alignment;
Chaotic Good.
Or;
Chaotic Evil. :p

Marx
11-11-03, 01:41
Ok, to get paladin status, you'd have to royally fuck a faction who thought you were cool beans, in the ass.

They won't like the sensation - and therefore by association won't like you.

No company will sit back and say "Hey, remeber that dude who helped us alot? Yeah - he fucked us over! We still love him though."

O_o

QuantumDelta
11-11-03, 01:48
You have a much cynical view, however while that may be how you, and others you have met, would act to become a Paladin, I would continue to point out figures like Ghandi, or fictional characters like Kenshin, and the likes of those people whom have the character to stand respectfully before anyone.

Jest
11-11-03, 01:53
Originally posted by -FN-
-- Not trying to Resurrect a Dead Thread ---

Why wasn't this moved to Brainport after it left the first page? i went to the Brainport to see what ppl thought of the idea since I forgot I had even posted it... and I couldn't find it.

That's what the mods used to do o_ Actually don't think they ever did that even when they has a sticky saying they would. I remember posting in the English forum with a "Brianport" thread like, the very first day they made that sticky and it never got moved.

Marx
11-11-03, 02:00
QD...

Have you forgotten what the epics entail?

Will Biotech like you after you assasinate their head of operations?

o_O

Dribble Joy
11-11-03, 02:06
Indeed, Ghandi was nice to every one.

Marx
11-11-03, 02:09
Originally posted by Dribble Joy

Nice... In a passive agressive way.

;)

ghandisfury
11-11-03, 02:09

Ehem......thank you.:p

I like this idea alot. There needs to be some *good* reward for paladin. Unfortunately this thread has gone to a RP point of view, not what it should be, a "high level content" point of view.

Artie
11-11-03, 02:15
Paladin alignment;
Chaotic Good.
Or;
Chaotic Evil. :p

haha...i wonder which one i'd take...^_~

QuantumDelta
11-11-03, 02:25
Originally posted by Marx
QD...

Have you forgotten what the epics entail?

Will Biotech like you after you assasinate their head of operations?

o_O
Epics are not something I like.

Not the way they are, maybe it's notable Paladin's should become what the concept suggests another way.

Paladin is a bad name anyway, because a Paladin is;

pal·a·din ( P ) Pronunciation Key (pl-dn)
n.
A paragon of chivalry; a heroic champion.
A strong supporter or defender of a cause: “the paladin of plain speaking” (Arthur M. Schlesinger, Jr.).
Any of the 12 peers of Charlemagne's court.

A Paladin could be ANYONE Whom has finished an Epic for a SINGLE FACTION.
Paladin's used to be "The Leader of Men" style "Kings best Knight" or even Future Kings.

Character Bios for Kenshin;

Himura Kenshin was originally known as Shinta his Master gave him the name Himura. Who saved kenshin when he was a small boy being attacked. Kenshin was then raised and trained by his master and taught Hiten Mitsurugi Ryu an amazing sword fighting technique. When Kenshin was a young man he left his master in pursuit of protecting people.
So he joined the Inshin and became the legendary Hitokiri Battousai. The greatest assassin who is feared by all but at the end of the war Kenshin disappeared swore off killing and became a Rurouni a wondering warrior with no master. He now protects people without killing and will do anything to prevent himself from killing any enemy.

Kenshin fought against a great deal of enemies, and became respected by all of them after he resurfaced, only one person (the person who would have been the successor to his past) was not touched by his ways, he would sacrifice himself and become a shield for people, rather than see them as a shield for him, he would fight anyone, but in fighting he would hope to change them for the better...

I guess it's hard to explain...

err Ghandisfury content = RP for me :p
Dunno about you...

Shadow Dancer
11-11-03, 02:45
omg QD stfu about anime already. :p

Originally posted by ghandisfury
Ehem......thank you.:p

I like this idea alot. There needs to be some *good* reward for paladin. Unfortunately this thread has gone to a RP point of view, not what it should be, a "high level content" point of view.

lol ghandi

I was never disputing the "reward", only the name.

I think their should be "reputations" that give certain perks. Paladin could be one, but I think it should be 100 SL to get paladin. And something like -100 SL could be "Scourge of the wastes" or something like that. Finishing all epics could be "Betrayer" or something. And they would have perks to their rep.
This game could have all types of "reps". I bet it would be extremely fun to get. You could make LOTS of possible reps.

Like hacking 100 belts would get you "Repo man" or something. OOOO i like that, i'm gonna write a brainport thread about it. :p

Dribble Joy
11-11-03, 03:32
Kill 100 rank 10 or less people and get the rep, 'I rape small children'

Don't bad me please.

Artie
11-11-03, 04:15
Kill 100 rank 10 or less people and get the rep, 'I rape small children'

Don't bad me please.

that would be great. How about the "Devourer of n00bs" or what have you. Be beautiful. Perhaps even getting their bones to decorate my TG apt would be nice too... :eek: :angel:

Marx
11-11-03, 04:34
QD - if thats what you want, then you should be supporting my faction overhaul project (links a page or two back).

Same idea, those more loyal to the faction get cool titles while those astray are stuck with crap ones.

Viola, problem solved.

(the plan however, revolves around clan wars working... which they don't.)

QuantumDelta
11-11-03, 04:55
Doesn't leave room for real "Paladins" though...

Therefore I instantly dislike it...

Inflexibility = foolish.
Of course the current system is just as bad.

If street gangs can collectively believe in someone/something even while they themselves are rivals I thought you would have realised you can do that in neocron as well.

It just seems like your idea...although being fairly inclusive...is ......small....

someone who has good symp to all his allies would be respected thusly, but someone who has good symp to all factions would also be respected.

Paladin, is the wrong name, we know, but generally speaking, the thing the "Neocron Paladin" symbolises, is not, that rare.

Marx
11-11-03, 05:05
Dude, it comes down to this.

1.) People are brainwashed, its a normal occurance - MC5 in all its glory. The idea of faction sympathy and hostilities revolves around this.

2.) Certain groups within factions can decide to be peaceful with enemy groups.

3.) If you have a high FS with the enemy faction - enemy faction guards won't shoot you... sometimes.

4.) This game was made in such a way to make neutrality an impossibility, it forces the player to make a stand.

QuantumDelta
11-11-03, 05:20
Your point of view is just too limited for me in that oppinion then...

Your point has/had validity, but the concept of the Paladin negates your points validity.

There has always been, in history, and there will ALWAYS be people who will rise up, above rivalries, above petty day-to-day bullshit of peoples foolish feuds.

You wanna get sucked into that, fine you go do that, people will be like that in the Neocron world as well, thick-headed-die-hards that don't listen to shit(RP Speaking).

If it weren't for people like that the Paladin would have nothing to work on.

However, just because you do not like the position, does not mean you can sweep it under the rug.

I suppose it's one of the reasons I rolled my PPU...sometimes people just give up trying to kill my character and actually decide to talk, it's an interesting way to open negotiations, but it is, how Kenshin did it, after all.

It doesn't fit into your view on the world, well that's tough shit really....whether the Paladin position appears as this is or not, my main alt will always be this type of character.
And it works, yes, there are people like you who don't listen to shit.

However, for the most part, he can work because the leaders of each clan tend to be able to put things aside and listen, so long as the voice is strong, and so long as the voice is fair.

It's something which only the ignorant could deny (Again RP speaking), a character whom all can put faith in, not because this character fights for them, but because this character fights for all, he/she does what they BELIEVE is in the best interests of everyone involved, and tries to make people see it, as they do.

It is by no means and easy task, but it works, it happens, people believe.

Marx
11-11-03, 05:28
There has always been, in history, and there will ALWAYS be people who will rise up, above rivalries, above petty day-to-day bullshit of peoples foolish feuds.

This just screams "Fallen Angels" at me.

o_O

It's easy for people to rise up and be friendly with all sides. However - you will not be recognized by the hardliners (NPC's) as such because they're more brainwashed/loyal/hoodwinked/anal/or perhaps they didn't get a kitty when they were a baby.

Once again, I reiterate the idea of neutrality negates the purpose of factions - because in the end people would quest to become neutral.

Then you'd see people crusading for neutral clans...

Then you'd see pretty much all clans comprised mainly of neutral groups.

Then you'd see there's no point to having the city at all.

I'm simply looking at this as a realist QD.

QuantumDelta
11-11-03, 05:43
Originally posted by Marx
This just screams "Fallen Angels" at me.

o_O
No medals for guessing why I chose that faction as my eventual home.

It's easy for people to rise up and be friendly with all sides. However - you will not be recognized by the hardliners (NPC's) as such because they're more brainwashed/loyal/hoodwinked/anal/or perhaps they didn't get a kitty when they were a baby.
This isn't because of storyline, this is because of lack of interaction with the above :rolleyes:
Charisma is a powerful thing, just because something is Coded doesn't mean the actual CHARACTER if it were played by something that could be effected, wouldn't be effected.
....simply because the few people who did this (there wouldn't be a lot, I don't want Paladin to be easy, infact I hate that it's as simple as doing the faction epics alone right now, but I want it to be difficult), would genuinely effect their world, there would be no other way to describe it.
The only way you can see it your way is if you're making up for the fact that you cannot influence faction shite at this time.

Once again, I reiterate the idea of neutrality negates the purpose of factions - because in the end people would quest to become neutral.
I think you should read what KK said about Paladin's when the first announced them.
I believe I am right on the money with the original concept, and I believe KK support the idea too.

It doesn't negate the idea/meaning of factions, it just means that, if (as I said earlier) the factions faced a greater threat than eachother, these people would be the ones that would bring able the ability for these factions to fight together.

Or, it would be that these people would bring about the factions meaningless fighting to an end, if they were to ever change allignments these would be the people who played a part in that change.
It's all so static, that's not how it would be, I mean, for god sakes you kill the CEO of Tangent/Biotech in the epics - what happens? he respawns....
It's not that we wouldn't effect the hardliners, it is that we can't.

That is the only, even remote flaw in the Paladin concept.
The only problem is it's ease of grasp.

Then you'd see people crusading for neutral clans...
These already exist...

Then you'd see pretty much all clans comprised mainly of neutral groups.
Untrue, DarK and SXR and FF, and other such clans would NEVER Go Neutral (I can be told to STFU if I'm wrong but I take these clans as very...polarised), yet one or two clans might.

Then you'd see there's no point to having the city at all.
Uhh...not really O.o

I'm simply looking at this as a realist QD.

And I'm an idealist :)
Always will be :p

Marx
11-11-03, 05:52
Have fun using Charisma on a Copbot, I'll even lend you my +CHA leather Ranger Armor.

O_o

Untrue, DarK and SXR and FF, and other such clans would NEVER Go Neutral (I can be told to STFU if I'm wrong but I take these clans as very...polarised), yet one or two clans might.

Dark and FF are in allied factions and they still kill eachother.

A truly neutral clan would be able to walk around in DoY and Neocron... (The ultimate plus.)

So its not like it'd be all that big a change... They'd still Lose SL for fighting in anarchy zones.

I think you should read what KK said about Paladin's when the first announced them.

I did, and if you compare it to where the plotline is going now - you'd see the two don't match up in any way.

Things change.

These already exist...

Not with normal players in them. Please name the group which can walk into any faction HQ unhampered..

:wtf:

I'm not going to bother continuing my commentary - because in the end we have two completely different opinions and in our normal running, we will not agree.

I do semi-favor the idea of a Neocron 'Paladin' and a DoY 'Paladin'...

It does make sense to an extent - but an overall 'Paladin'... Naw.

QuantumDelta
11-11-03, 06:02
It's true that we have polarised oppinions....but to be honest you'd be one of the people who made it interesting to be a Paladin if you kept that as RP ingame :p

This (RP/Content) is one of those situations where it would be a damned boring place if we were all the same, totally unlike class/character/weapon balance, - RP/Content discussions are places where anyone's comments are as valid as the next as long as they are serious.

however there's something in drama called blocking..
In spontaneous acting situations, even if you don't agree with where someone is taking something you don't "block" them from doing it, you let them do it but you take a stance in which you can challenge them/what they're acting as, whilst giving them a way to continue to act as it.

What I'm saying is there is plenty room for us both to have our cake and eat it, and make a mess :p

It's just called compromise.

enablerbr
11-11-03, 06:10
to some it up you reward backstabbing POS with a title like paladin.
however those loyal to their respective factions get shat on.
it's a bit like awarding hilter the nobal peace prize for his good works with humanity. lol

Viduus[JBX]
11-11-03, 13:51
It came to me yesterday that an excellent SL system for a Paladn would be:

Open all the tagged GR's to a Paladin, but every time his SL drops below zero the nearest GR gets removed *and untaggable* from the list... if the nearest is already gone, then the next nearest.... and so on, until he has no GR's left except his apartment.

It would really make PKing mean something serious in the long run....