PDA

View Full Version : Considering a move from neocron

NeoLojik
06-11-03, 03:14
@Mods: Please dont close this, its not a leaving thread.

Hey all,
Ive been playing neocron since January this year, previously I had been playing the beta until it went retail but circumstances changed preventiing me playing further.

Anyway, Im seriously considering leaving neocron for Final Fantasy XI. Ive always enjoyed the FF line of games and if I can get a copy imported im gonna try it, but thats not the focus of this thread.

Many people who leave neocron simply pass their belongings onto friends / clanmates, or simply throw them in the plaza. Ive put a lot of thought into how I would go if I left NC for good and assuming FFXI is as good as I think it is, I intend to run a non-rp event, more like a tresure hunt.

I have 3 near capped characters:
Javan Ikari - Near capped hacking rifle spy
Saeto Ikari - Near capped implanting private eye
Rice - Capped hacking tank

On these 3 chars I have maybe 50Million CR woth of items, implants, high slotted rares, cash etc.

What I propose to do would be as follows:
Create datacubes for each item in the 'treasure hunt'. Each cube will have a random code on it, linking to an item thats the prize. These cubes would be hidden all over the neocron world, not just the neocron city, but everywhere.

The event would run for 1 week, in which time, any cube returned to me can be converted into a prize. Any remaining items after the week would then be handed out in a smaller event, maybe a quiz, im not sure on the specifics yet.

Like I said, this all depends on my obtaining and liking a copy of FFXI, but from what i've seen, if I can get it, Im gonna like it.

The poll is a simple yes and no as to whether you would like to see this event go ahead if I leave (I would need a little GM help I think).

All input appriciated as always :)
NeoLojik

[Edit: Sorry, this will be a PLUTO only event]

Shujin
06-11-03, 03:32
ffxi = no pvp.
dont give up nc just for it

Lenard
06-11-03, 03:49
there is no pvp yet, there will be pvp

Kasumi
06-11-03, 04:20
FFXI will have PvP but it wont have PK. They are makeing arenas or something like that. I dont remember correctly but yea. Theres PvP but no Pking.

Ark
06-11-03, 05:07
if you want pvp dont goto FF XI you have other games for that, but if you want a good RPG it really owns i love it

Catmanoct
06-11-03, 05:18
Final Fantasy is everything I was expecting it to be. Recommend it to anyone who either enjoys a good Fantasy style game and/or anyone who grew up on the FF series.
/me can't wait to get his hidden suit of Fighter Armor

JiNxY
06-11-03, 06:15
i think we'd all prefer you to stay!

but if you did leave i think this sounds like a great idea!!
but i think it would be cool if you could hide them in really obscure places, and maybe give people a bit more time to find them, maybe not placing them all at once but over a small time period.
(this would stop 1 group of people searching the whole map and getting everything)

i think some should be things like neural advancement3's and stuff hehe, or perhaps some repair lube :lol:

great idea :)

NeoLojik
06-11-03, 11:26
Thanks for the feedback thus far. Ive never liked the idea of being PK'd or PK'ing. I know its part of almost all mmorpg's but Ive never agreed with stronger characters attacking lower level ones just for the hell of it.

The PvP system in FFXI sounds exactly what im after :)

I agree with the idea of maybe putting the cubes out over a longer time period. Nothing stopping me from making the event a little longer :)

Keep the input coming :)

Pi-Oh-Pah
06-11-03, 11:51
It was me who sold you the Ultimated Radioactive Judge recently :p

Sorry to hear your thinking of leaving (even though I am too)

NeoLojik
06-11-03, 15:51
@Those voting no:
Please reply with why you voted no.

Ordered my copy of FFXI today, should be here in a few days w00t!

Richard Slade
06-11-03, 15:56
Good luck with your FF you bastard!
(Can't afford playing it and I hate everyone who plays it for that!)
:D
Anyways I think it's a good idea.
Why?
Since we always like Events damnit!
And if u can go on and dress yerself up to get a MC5:er
I prefer this way of getting stuff
Since it's kewl and VERY in-game.

garyu69
06-11-03, 16:04
me wants rifles :(

Jesterthegreat
06-11-03, 16:28
personally i would give it a month or so AFTER getting FFXI. makesure thats what ya wanna do. but if you are 100% going to go, then i think this sounds great ^.^ i only have a PPU on pluto, but i would join in (only in and around NC though, its a noob char)

just makesure you dont lose everything, start in FFXI then decide you miss NC

Junkie

Lethys
06-11-03, 17:56
I'm playing FFXI until the end of the 30 day free trial, and if I think it's worth it, I'll cancel my NC account.

BTW are there any FFXI players on here who are playing on a server where the main leveling areas aren't under beastman control? If so get me a worldpass :D

Crest
06-11-03, 20:57
How about enhancing the even ... You GR to a op .. run to anarchy zone and who ever kills you gets your belt.....

Rinse and repeat .. Every 5th victory gets a 100k cr.

To improve chances of drops.... Kill a few friends first and then when neg SL you will drop more...that way no GMS needed and low Hacking needed too

Shadow Dancer
06-11-03, 21:00
Please stop talking about FF, i'm dying here. I wanna play it so bad. GRRRR :D

Promethius
06-11-03, 21:12
Originally posted by Catmanoct
Final Fantasy is everything I was expecting it to be. Recommend it to anyone who either enjoys a good Fantasy style game and/or anyone who grew up on the FF series.
/me can't wait to get his hidden suit of Fighter Armor

I use to play the FF's Done a few like 1-4 then 8-9 then gave up on em. Though leaving is upt o you. But the event sounds kick ass. Thouhg if u do it you will need a GM to spawna barrel or those tin cans again because cubes on teh ground will disapear.

If for some reasons no GM will help or can assist....i have another idea. Hold a tournament of sorts. Like for tank weapons have tanks fight each other and give like 1st 2nd 3rd place prizes. Have Constructers have a constructing tourney and a PPU tourney where u have 2 tanks shoot like a spy and first PPU's spy to die loses....and so on until all your items are gone .....just my 2 cents

-Prom

gostly
06-11-03, 21:13
FFXI owns...that will be all...

edit: btw the event sounds great...and i think you'll definately like FFXI...and from what i understand the pvp...if they add it...will be like RvR (like DAOC)...that's just what i heard on a board somewhere...sounds fun tho

NeoLojik
07-11-03, 13:54
Right, my copy of FFXI will be here within the next few days yay! Ive started building a list of what I have, heres a snippet:

- Atrifact Enlarged Ultimated Phosphor SILENT HUNTER with Silencer
- Artifact Tangent Speed Guns (4 Slotted Unmodded)
- Artifact Explosive Phosphor Uranium Tangent Speed Gun (1 Free Slot)
- Perfect Doom Beamer (5 Slotted Unmodded)
- Artifact Ultimated Nove First Love with Laserpointer

- 2x N.E.X.T. Reveller Chaincraft 2.5
- 3x Biotech M.O.V.E.O.N CPU
- 2x Photopharm Resistor CPU

- Filter Heart 2

- Over 20.000.000CR cashSo, assuming this goes ahead, its gonna be a huge event. Im going to try and get a website up with all the prizes and who claims them. That way poeple can see whats still out there.

The final decision on the event wont go ahead until Ive had adiquate time in FFXI to decide if I will definately make the plunge. Ive also considered leaving my PE active and cutting my account count from 3 to 1. Time will tell :)

I'll try and get a full list up asap.
Neo

Shockwave
07-11-03, 14:13
Hi Neo! How's tricks? :D
Sounds like a novel idea! Damn good way of getting rid of your stuff without the traditional hurling of items from over the P1 Medicare. It's probably best if you make it last a week rather than a day, and have just the one character running it, so one character people have to DM. :)
If you want some of my stuff to add to the prize pot BTW, let me know. I gave my Hawkings and 2 SA parts to a mate of mine who still plays, but I've still got Reason (my pet RoG - because sooner or later, everyone listens to Reason. :D), and a shitload of other rare and decent stuff.

I've been considering FFXI myself. Drop me an email when you get it, I'd love to know what it's like! :)

NeoChick
07-11-03, 14:56
Dont give your stuff away or throw it into Plaza,

YOU SHALL RETURN TO NC .........................

NeoLojik
07-11-03, 15:18
Thanks Shockwave m8, I'll definately email you once ive experienced FFXI :)

FYI, the total number of prizes atm, stands at... 117.

Still cataloging more :)

garyu69
07-11-03, 15:25
how come everyone seems to have so much good stuff. What the hell do i do wrong :confused:

Be cool if this happens, i'll be looking for the silent hunter.

Shockwave
07-11-03, 15:49
I'll see if I can tear myself away from SWG long enough to log onto Pluto and bung you my decent stuff later on, then. :)

BTW people, this man has always had a knack of being able to get his hands on some obscenely good items. When he says he has 117 things catalogued as prizes, the majority of it is going to be fairly snacky. :D

NeoLojik
12-11-03, 20:51
Ok people, a draft list of prizes is available here: http://www.neoinfo.co.uk/th/

Ive spoken to Danae and emailed ZeroSanity about the event (getting stuff I need etc). The event should be good to go soon'ish.

@Shockwave: I'll add anything you want to contribute to the list if you want to arrange to hand it over to me :)

The rare parts aren't listed, theres 340+ of them, yet to work out how I'll distribute those.

FFXI should arrive tomorrow w00t :D