PDA

View Full Version : Im back to try NC again! and how to make a apu monk?

Captain Timmy
05-11-03, 23:21
Hello. Ive decided to test out neocron once again, i played it for a month december/january on pluto.

Now anyway, i have this monk that i LoMed all skills when i left exept str, i have con/dex/str maxed and PSI at 80 base, Int at 63 base.

I used to play a hybrid monk but now it seems ill have to settle for apu, but dont know how to put my skills realy.

What im most concerned about is the ppw - psu thing, if i have points left i would like to pickup implant or hacking that you dont need many points in, but if i have to im willing to put all int points i get into psu. How much ppw is relay necesary for a apu monk with highish psu, the less the better.

im allso interested to hear how other monks have put their CON points in, i have 75 in health atm and 130 to spare.

and about dext, what is this im hearing about recycling being usefull? what is there to put dext points in for a monk? (i used to run aroudn with a tl30 uzi but i guess they nerfed the insane peircing damage guns... =))

//Captain timmy

ezza
06-11-03, 00:03
if your going apu you will need a lot in agressive psi, but you will need also a good amount in PPW as this increases damage(not as much as APU does)and also you mana pool.

you will want a high amount of intel in the psi use skill for the ROF and the little mana that it gives, though some monks have hacking or poking also.

the recycle is good as you can make boosters after you kill a mob, one warbot loot can give a lot of boosters

you will want to put a lot of dex into agility as the monk PA reduces it

Vampire222
06-11-03, 00:13
welcome back timmy.. first of all, high agility/athletics is really important for a apu (the faster you run, the more bullets you avoid), also psi use is fatal to any apu, cause it makes you runcast, and cast faster, id invest all int points into it, unless you really wanna poke, then id reccomend that as a skill (caps your dex, and you dont haveto hang around for a poke)

your con, id reccomend some fire, like 50 and rest in athletics
, as your not ready for pvp anyway, rather have good resist against fire

also a word of warning:
any ppu points in combination with apu points gimp you, so use medkits to keep you alive... sadly enough their the only option you got

Captain Timmy
06-11-03, 00:54
Thanks gusy.

How much recycle do i need to make just boosters and medkits?, all the other dext points should go into athetics?

Nixon
06-11-03, 01:39
Heey! I remember you!

Welcome back!

ezza
06-11-03, 01:44
cant remember of top of head but think you only need about 25 at most in recycle so you can make boosters and medikits

[TgR]TYPHLOSION
06-11-03, 12:32
wb timmeh :) dex is usefull to use as recyle but i still love runspeed more ;) u gonna use loads of psi boosters thats why ppl generaly get recyle subskill under dex. and ontop of that it levels dex to ;)