PDA

View Full Version : Stun traps at CRP?

Seezur001
05-11-03, 19:01
I was hunting fire mobs at CRP last night, and when i went outside the GR room, i was shocked. It wasent para i looked almost like a stun trap was put down at the entrance. I couldn't actually find a trap but everytime i would leave the room i would get shocked.

I didnt think to much about it, but i went to loot a MOB i had killed and i died. well turns out there was a sniper camping miles away.

Now it seems to me like the sniper put the stun trap down and just waited for people to come out, get shocked, now he has a easy target.

What i want to know, is it even possible to put a stun trap at the CRP GR room???? I thought they could only be set up in a OP.

Any feedback would be nice, thanks. :)

JediMasta
05-11-03, 19:03
it was probably just a mauler that shocked you.............

\\Fényx//
05-11-03, 19:06
Originally posted by JediMasta
it was probably just a mauler that shocked you.............

There is a NOTICABLE difference between a maulers shock and a stun turret drop

Original monk
05-11-03, 19:08
did you see parashock "waves" the size of a big boll ? like when you see an OP with stuntraps you can see em from the outside cause they give little lightning shockwaves that you can spot from far away, if you didnt saw these little withe/blueish dancing waves then there wasnt a turret but someone (thunderstorm freezerrifle) or sumthing (mauler) hit ya :)

El_MUERkO
05-11-03, 19:30
It was probably a mob stuck in the wall, it cant be a turret cause u cant drop turrets near a GR.

Seezur001
05-11-03, 19:32
Originally posted by El_MUERkO
It was probably a mob stuck in the wall, it cant be a turret cause u cant drop turrets near a GR.

Thats what i was thinking, I didnt see any around the building but one could have been stuck in the wall.

It just seemed strange to be shocked then to run out and get sniped.

[EDIT]

also the reason i thought it was a trap is because it never moved, stayed in one spot, with a almost constant effect.

Pi-Oh-Pah
05-11-03, 19:32
There has been a mauler/Terrormauler stuck in the wall near the gogo for months - I wear headphones to play and you can hear ot roaring now and then

Maarten
05-11-03, 19:33
Or the sniper had a Thunderstorm with a scope on it... :)

Scikar
05-11-03, 19:59
If you can't hear a Thunderstorm, it can't shock you. It has the same range bug rayguns used to have. Not to mention even a mauler shock is stronger than a Thunderstorm shock.