PDA

View Full Version : OMG Masta Killa's UBER OWNAGE gen rep idea o.0o.0

Cryotchekk
05-11-03, 18:43
woot.

nema (insert number)

''due to recent demand, next have up graded their gen rep system. no longer will a runner be able to change how the gr is set. next never intended them to be used like this, and we regret that we added this 'fault' only for our engineers to use. we regret any trouble we have caused. in further news, next have also announced that due to biotech MC developments, and from working close with them, gen rep's will only give 90% of the imparment they give now. unfortinatly due to the expensive of these they can only be installed in certain places.''

not in nema: to add to this, in 'op gr's' a hacker of 140+ skill can hack into the gr and use the 'engineer settings' to change it too what it is now. also for these new gr's that give less SI, make a new model for them. i suggest sumthing like this:

http://www.strike9.com/file.ashx?path=%2fsluttinator%2ffullsize%2fGR.jpg

does anyone like my idea? i think it would work and it is RP

ezza
05-11-03, 18:45
ideas nice, the picture looks like a shower:D

Scikar
05-11-03, 18:52
No, because as I said in the other thread, I don't see why OP wars should be sacrificed simply because some people are too lazy to use vehicles or run and also insist on levelling deep within enemy territory, because they are too lazy to explore and find new areas.

redjacket
05-11-03, 18:52
Originally posted by Cryotchekk
http://www.strike9.com/file.ashx?path=%2fsluttinator%2ffullsize%2fGR.jpg

"Scotty! Three to... beam up..."

its a good idea... but it will never work...

Originally posted by Scikar
No, because as I said in the other thread, I don't see why OP wars should be sacrificed simply because some people are too lazy to use vehicles or run and also insist on levelling deep within enemy territory, because they are too lazy to explore and find new areas.

too lazy?

too lazy?

like i wanna spend five decades to get back to a place where some mob happened to spawn RIGHT ON TOP OF ME or i die because of a bug... and i need what i dropped... yeah... sounds like fun... actually one of the reasons why i dont really like this game was the unneeded time sinks that had no entertainment value... LETS KEEP MORE IN THE GAME!

ezza
05-11-03, 18:56

very valid point if you fight for the ops you should be able to secure them and i wouldnt have a problem with this if maybe there was one or 2 more genreps on neutral ground like say one at the battledome.

atm as BD i have access on saturn to no clan ops so have to drive everywhere, which i am fine with, but the added GRs would be nice as a altarnative, but untill that is sorted maybe this idea is the next best thing, bahh i dunno think im just rambling now

redjacket
05-11-03, 18:59
Originally posted by ezza
very valid point if you fight for the ops you should be able to secure them and i wouldnt have a problem with this if maybe there was one or 2 more genreps on neutral ground like say one at the battledome.

id have to agree with this... thing... yeah...

Scikar
05-11-03, 19:10
Originally posted by redjacket
too lazy?

too lazy?

like i wanna spend five decades to get back to a place where some mob happened to spawn RIGHT ON TOP OF ME or i die because of a bug... and i need what i dropped... yeah... sounds like fun... actually one of the reasons why i dont really like this game was the unneeded time sinks that had no entertainment value... LETS KEEP MORE IN THE GAME!

If you exaggerate, your point is moot. It takes little more than 10 minutes to drive from NC gates to MB on a hovertec. To go anywhere else can only take less time. Fatals are much less common than people claim, at most you'll get 2 or 3 fatals in a 10 minute journey, and with one of the recent patches 95% of the time you log back in next to your vehicle. Not to mention nobody goes anywhere without a PPU these days so if you die for any reason you don't need to GR, just get rezzed and pick up your belt. If you're not hunting with a PPU, then WBs are the best mob anyway, so again, moot point.

redjacket
05-11-03, 19:15
If you exaggerate, your point is moot. It takes little more than 10 minutes to drive from NC gates to MB on a hovertec. To go anywhere else can only take less time. Fatals are much less common than people claim, at most you'll get 2 or 3 fatals in a 10 minute journey, and with one of the recent patches 95% of the time you log back in next to your vehicle. Not to mention nobody goes anywhere without a PPU these days so if you die for any reason you don't need to GR, just get rezzed and pick up your belt. If you're not hunting with a PPU, then WBs are the best mob anyway, so again, moot point.

i submit to your impervious logic...

sarcasm...

i had some crap written out... but... the more i read it, the more i realized you wouldn't accept it and just trash it... so... why bother?

ill go away now...

Scikar
05-11-03, 19:18
Well if you don't post it, then next time a thread like this comes up, I'll post what I posted above again. If you post whatever you were going to say, then there's at least a chance I'll change my mind once I've seen your point of view.

KimmyG
05-11-03, 19:22
Originally posted by redjacket

I doesn't take 5 decades to get anywhere it is easy and short to run from crest to any nice lvlin spot crest to caos caves is a short walk 5 mins. Only real time comsuption is getting to MB if your a pk and I dont see to many people bitching about that fact.
Open GR MB,TH,NC than there is crest,el fadrid and that other GR by MC5 forgot the name from these grs it should only take 5-7 mins to get anywhere with the eception of MB.

And why cry about some time comsuption this is the easiest game on the planet.

Marx
05-11-03, 19:37
And why cry about some time comsuption this is the easiest game on the planet

Damn straight.

:lol: